• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Could you have different formats for both tournaments to keep things fresh?

Bigger event = normal bracket
house event = Run a ladder (swiss / round robin), run one every two weeks and have small entry fees with the 4th event as a final, voila.

Zori

Smash Champion
I think I'll just go home and well you know..... ENJOY THE GAME I guess that's a foreign concept now

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll be amused if you guys don't have all the stages/characters unlocked.

Zori

Smash Champion
I am going to show up and I will have a great time but I need to transition first from 3ds to wii u before I throw money. I honestly just want to soak in the game while I can before all the salt comes in.

At the same time I don't want to discourage anyone from entering, I wish everyone good luck :]

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
None of us are going to take this event mega serious. we wont have all the stages or characters unlocked. its just for fun and lunch money.

Xyro77

So it shouldn't count for the PR right?
I'd leave that up to you guys. If yall want it to, I will. If not, I wont.

If you do want it, I could count the event as a "low" point event and it wouldn't hurt/help people ranking almost at all BUT it would allow people who are one event short of being on the PR print out.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know who came up with that idea for a tournament after people will literally be playing the game since midnight. I live here, but I'm not attending.

*hosts a tournament*

*doesn't show up for own tournament*

Uh..
#ascension4

Xyro77

I came up with it, sync approved. There is nothing wrong with this.

If you don't wanna enter, don't. I assume thurs-sunday is gonna be one massive mega smash fest anyway with unlocking stuff and wifi. So we can all still "chill" or "have fun"

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Third party! I think with Amazon it was 20 dollars or so.
Meanwhile, I'll be getting 120 mb/sec ;)

I honestly don't know who came up with that idea for a tournament after people will literally be playing the game since midnight. I live here, but I'm not attending.

#ascension4

This can never happen ever in the rest of existence.

I came up with it, sync approved. There is nothing wrong with this.

If you don't wanna enter, don't. I assume thurs-sunday is gonna be one massive mega smash fest anyway with unlocking stuff and wifi. So we can all still "chill" or "have fun"
Hence this should NOT count for the PR. It's mainly for enjoying the new game and smash fest and unlocking. Don't count it.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
How exactly does this new PR thing work where people are begging for tournaments not to be counted?

In Zac's system, being good players got you more points so it didn't matter if you were tearing it up at small or large tournaments with no talent. However, stacked tournaments of any size were worth it.

Is this new system prioritizing something other than the skill of the players you beat?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
lmfao at people freaking out and pooping their diapers over a $5 twenty mcnuggets "for fun" house tournament. why are y'all taking it so seriously? swiss sounded super fun and we'll all be at one place for once. it's the same game + gamecube controller. you've been playing it for over a month now and the tournament is like sixteen hours after launch. idk lol this unwritten moral smash code is kinda hilarious, think some of y'all 3DS frauds is scared u gonna get bopped

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
lmfao at people freaking out and pooping their diapers over a $5 twenty mcnuggets "for fun" house tournament. why are y'all taking it so seriously? swiss sounded super fun and we'll all be at one place for once. it's the same game + gamecube controller. you've been playing it for over a month now and the tournament is like sixteen hours after launch. idk lol this unwritten moral smash code is kinda hilarious, think some of y'all 3DS frauds is scared u gonna get bopped
Shut your filthy disgusting mouth.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
yikes, bad post
confirmed scared *****

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Patch is out btw. Here we goooooooooooooo...

From the list of supposed changes so far, it looks like the "top tiers" got hit with some nerfs and the "bottom tiers" got a few buffs. I wish I could test stuff...

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Patch is out btw. Here we goooooooooooooo...

From the list of supposed changes so far, it looks like the "top tiers" got hit with some nerfs and the "bottom tiers" got a few buffs. I wish I could test stuff...
I tested it out. I didn't see much difference with Diddy yet with the matches I did in For Glory.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's very likely they went by what Japanese players thought was "broken," so Diddy is probably safe unless they adjusted damage output. I guess Diddy is perfectly balanced...*coughliescough*

But in all seriousness, some character got some questionable changes, assuming they are all true.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Rosa/sheik/Greninja all got confirms nerfs

Pika/GW can now be unbanned in teams

Falco has much more lag of his fair now but lasers/Dair seem faster

MegaMan can't frame one escape combos

Rumors say Shulk arts take longer to start (Trela confirm PLZ?)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Shulk thing seems untrue. When I played the Wii U version, people went Shulk multiple times and Arte activation seemed the same. Some people are giving wrong information because they don't know what they are talking about...AS USUAL.

Last edited:

Xyro77

How exactly does this new PR thing work where people are begging for tournaments not to be counted?

In Zac's system, being good players got you more points so it didn't matter if you were tearing it up at small or large tournaments with no talent. However, stacked tournaments of any size were worth it.

Is this new system prioritizing something other than the skill of the players you beat?
All the info is on the OP. It's not the ELO based system we used in brawl

Last edited:

Xyro77

Some people are giving wrong information because they don't know what they are talking about...AS USUAL.
Trust me, I know how that is. I gotta see it every time yall defend custom/2 stocks.

Top Bottom