• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
People were already rewarded. His up b and side b doesn't auto-grab the ledge unless it's perfectly positioned, which half the time you're unsure if you'll get it or not. The slightest mistake of using it too early or too late leads to a gimp/edgeguard and loss of a stock. His side-b on the ground had a longer distance than it did in the air before the patch also. I understand balancing the game in general, but even the slightest nerf in his recovery lessens him as a whole. At least imo. I'll play around with him a few more times and get used to it. He does feel a lot slower though.
They probably felt the need to nerf him a little more so that it was comparable to all the amazing strengths he had on the ground in the first place. But hey, they buffed KO punch supposedly for some dumb reason (assuming what I read is true), so there you go.

Flip, just make sure you have enough space on your Wii U. The game is massive.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There's actually been some cases of games running slower or even messing up when running from digital download.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Plus you can't trade in or borrow games that are downloaded.

Hard copy>>>>>digital.

RT, my dad gave me a Christmas gift over a month early. It's a new computer!!!! It's an HP Envy 15. I don't know if it's good (anything is better than what I had though) for streaming/recording so I was hoping you could help me.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Bring it to Sync's Friday/Saturday/Sunday and I'll check for you. I can probably let you borrow my old capture card if it is compatible. No promises until I can examine what you have.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Town & City (or whatever it's called)
Smashville

Counterpick:
Mario Wii U
Delfino Plaza
Mario Circuit
Kong Jungle 64
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Pilotwings
Mii Sports

This list is based on personal opinion of what could be considered legal. I didn't include permanent walkoffs because these stages ALWAYS have some of issue throughout Smash history.

But yeah, this game has too many big stages...I would hope future DLC would add more classic stages (Dreamland 64 plz...)

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Town & City (or whatever it's called)
Smashville

Counterpick:
Mario Wii U
Delfino Plaza
Mario Circuit
Kong Jungle 64
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Pilotwings
Mii Sports

This list is based on personal opinion of what could be considered legal. I didn't include walkoffs because these stages ALWAYS have some of issue throughout Smash history.

Dreamland 64 would be a godsend, even though blast zones are large enough to begin with and dreamland would make it any better. I would have liked to see and HD FoD. Mario circut is like mute city melee and rainbow road on 3ds.

But yeah, this game has to many big stages...I would hope future DLC would add more classic stages (Dreamland 64 plz...)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, the list is just based on past Smash games and just common sense. I know the final list will be no where near as large.

Stage discussion will be almost as bad as custom move discussion, given how much freedom TOs and individual regions had back then.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If 4v4 becomes a real thing (I hope not...), there are only a handful of viable stages. I do not want to see 8 people camping each other. That is a true sign that people are tryhards.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There is one guy who broke embargo on youtube and posted vids of all the stages he unlocked so far.

So this could be all, barring DLC or some other challenge not completed (he unlocked everything from solo event matches and most of challenges last I saw).

Last edited:

Xyro77

Kinda disappointing but there are some really good stages there. I agree with 100% of RTs list.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
We can mess around with all stages this weekend.

...even Port Town.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait, I'm dumb. Of course there will be DLC stages...the Miiverse stage.

Xyro77

Lylat was a neutral for years in brawl. MK ruined it. But now he's poopsies so it can return.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Pilot wings prolly can't be legal cause apparently a plane you're on that people can camp underneath while Mario Circuit stage hazards.
Mario Wii U has stage hazards too tho I'm not sure if they can be called that since I think the icicles fall in the same spot everytime.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Kalos, RT. Please. :applejack:
No, because Rayquaza can spawn. He's not as disruptive as Ridley or Yellow Devil, but I would think a boss character should be considered a heavy con against the stage, even if Rayquaza's attacks seem highly telegraphed. Plus the Steel, Dragon and Fire transformations are questionable already. That's just my opinion, since it feels like fighting to stay alive vs the stage.

I would go either ways for Mario Wii U. It does have Nabbit which is death hazard (though easily avoidable) and could be considered a "boss character" and random transformations/hazards, but the overall layout of the transformations never changes. Just need to see how much "fighting to stay alive vs the stage itself" is involved.

Mario Circuit is also in between. Yes, the Shy Guys can hurt you and the stage has walls that block the blastzones during certain parts, but it's layout is not as disruptive as Rainbow Road from what I saw.

Like I said, more testing is needed this weekend. My personal list will probably change after that.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Oh right forgot about nabbit.
I vote for Wooly World tbh, sure there's walk offs but I believe it only lasts 35 seconds along with even the stage lifting up lasting 40 seconds.
Guess only problem is it's big and the walk offs.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
No, because Rayquaza can spawn. He's not as disruptive as Ridley or Yellow Devil, but I would think a boss character should be considered a heavy con against the stage, even if Rayquaza's attacks seem highly telegraphed. Plus the Steel, Dragon and Fire transformations are questionable already. That's just my opinion, since it feels like fighting to stay alive vs the stage.

I would go either ways for Mario Wii U. It does have Nabbit which is death hazard (though easily avoidable) and could be considered a "boss character" and random transformations/hazards, but the overall layout of the transformations never changes. Just need to see how much "fighting to stay alive vs the stage itself" is involved.

Mario Circuit is also in between. Yes, the Shy Guys can hurt you and the stage has walls that block the blastzones during certain parts, but it's layout is not as disruptive as Rainbow Road from what I saw.

Like I said, more testing is needed this weekend. My personal list will probably change after that.
he isnt like ridley or yellow devil really but he is one of the many stage hazards on Kalos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en94jEAD-_4

such a disappointment.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, I had him appear during a match on Friday's demo day. Not sure what the trigger is for his appearance, could be time based or random. Unless there is a way to turn off boss appearances, any stage with a character like this will be suspect in the long-run.

Wooly World is a strange transformation stage in that it retains the same platform layout but the ground becomes a blastzone and eventually changes back. It's a new type of stage theme we've never seen before. Ideally, it should be a good counter-pick for characters with spikes and against those with bad recoveries. I have mixed feelings about this stage. I don't see many people going here just because many people are afraid of platforms.

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Yeah, I had him appear during a match on Friday's demo day. Not sure what the trigger is for his appearance, could be time based or random. Unless there is a way to turn off boss appearances, any stage with a character like this will be suspect in the long-run.
I remember on the 3DS if you hold the R-trigger you can take hazards off some stages like reset bomb so it could be a thing for Wii U. I think he only appears when the other dragon pokemon arent present and then the statue becomes a hazard

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Really? I did not know that...

If that works in this game, that would certainly help on those stages with bosses.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
No other smash than 64 or melee can contend for greatest game ever. DEAL WITH IT!!@ ultimate turtle
Gurren Lagann's a better game than smash for

Teshie U

Smash Lord
isnt kongo jungle the stage with the rotating platforms that can be circle camped?

edit: hazard switch? wtf sakurai said he wouldn't do it

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
I've just read things on the sub reddit and smashboards about holding R to get rid of some things. Test it if you still have the game, i traded mine in lol

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
isnt kongo jungle the stage with the rotating platforms that can be circle camped?

edit: hazard switch? wtf sakurai said he wouldn't do it
Kongo Jungle 64 has slow moving platforms that rotate and the barrel cannon which can save or kill you.

You could try to circle camp, but the stage is relatively small. And if you have to rely on circle camping to win, well...

Last edited:
Top Bottom