• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Teshie U

Smash Lord
"If you have to rely on circle camping to win" isn't really a good justification for legality.

I'm just asking if thats why the stage is banned in Melee, the only match I've seen on that stage was literally just someone running from a ganondorf (in melee) across the platforms.

Somehow I doubt its gonna seem fair after you fight BC, Zori, Sync or me on that stage.

Looks fun for 3v3 though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I could be wrong, but people started complaining about...killing themselves with the barrel cannon. Yes, they could not control themselves and shot themselves into the blastzone.

Also, people complained about sharking and as said before camping.

But as I already said, if a person is determined to camp regardless of stage anyways...

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
No no. Razers avatar makes me sick everytime I see it. That dang Tea Cup.

...It's mocking me.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
idk it's just too small and grainy for me, at a glance you can barely tell her helmet's slightly off as well. plus i could've sworn u weren't gonna play samus again...... (;

purple's also like 1 of my least fav colors but it's ok this isn't about me.. do yo lovely thing warren smis

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
purple is my 2nd fav color
on my computer it looks fine but on my phone it doesnt
shulk>samus

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
THEY BUFFED MARTH THO.

*they actually put regular DI back in*

...o-oh, okay th-then...

Teshie U

Smash Lord
So people are reporting regular DI is in again, no more vector. Soon...

Got my midnight release notice too. Soon...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/19/why-ridley-isnt-playable-in-smash-bros

Bwahahahahaha, confirmed what I always suspected why he isn't in the game.
I'm gonna be honest. Thats a pretty lame reason not to include him. Especially when Nintendo's other badass recurring villain (Ganondorf) is sooooooooooooooooo weak and humiliated in Smash by comparison to his powers in LoZ.

If characters were true to their games, everyone would be insanely overpowered (Ganon, Ridley, Bowser) or laughably harmless (villager, wii fit trainer, Zero Suit Samus).

Half the cast should be able to "fly around freely" but they can't. Mario, Luigi, Samus, Kirby, Charizard, Jigglypuff, metaknight, mewtwo, rosalina and dark pit should all be able to fly.

@ Xyro, if this does speed things up, it almost certainly means you were wrong from day one and only became right about 2 days ago.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
"No plans for DLC" might just be their way of saying they will wait for sales figures first.

Nintendo doesn't work on DLC until the game is done and obviously each character is more work than the last in a fighting game.

Kart, HW , Mario Golf etc. doesn't truly need that kind of balance.

Considering no plan for Ridley ever, I can't imagine who else they could add that would be hype at this point.

This makes me really confused about Isaac being removed. Maybe that assist trophy was considered too annoying?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
2 stocks custom rules >>>

Vectoring had little to nothing to do with it lol
Nah I've seen people live BS with vectoring and people die to BS.

"On Mute City, Mario dies from the track at 104% with no input.

On 1.0.3, you can live to 134% by holding down.

On 1.0.4, holding down doesn't matter."

This is a HUGE difference and will speed up killing.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So far the general consensus is that holding down no longer matters anymore, as it should.

Horizontal is still not completely figured out. But it feels like regular DI imo. You try DIing with an attack, you die faster, but if you DI correctly, you live longer. It probably IS just regular DI, but a mix between Melee's and Brawl's. I do notice that if you DI a move kill move correctly, you don't do the spinning animation, at least for Bomb-ombs. I wonder if it's visual confirmation, would be neat.

I still find it funny that everyone had the silly Wario momentum glitch, but his was so much different than everyone else.

Last edited:

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
I just realized the change to take out VI after someone mentioned it to me I knew something felt different. Now I have to undo those habits of holding towards the stage and away when I get hit.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
What Im saying is, 2 stocks is still better imo. I liked the idea for brawl, but people started bringing it up way too late in the metagame. Im pretty sure DI still greatly influences how long you live. Its all pretty natural. Plus, two stocks is full of swag

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll give you one thing, Jerm.
DI still influences how long you live.

Doubt it's as effective though, especially since vertical survivability is, as of the thread dissecting the game so far has shown, harder to deal with than in the first few patches. :applejack:

Top Bottom