• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Sync.

Smash Champion
I wonder if counter will even beat it. Doesn't the bucket stay out longer than your invincibility? I countered Bowser Jr. Up smash with Mac and still got hit...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you want testing, fine, but make a decision fast.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Of course you can, but what if I don't main character with a counter.

Funny note: you are trying trying to keep something legal that is clearly broken, but when the BBR tried to keep MK legal using the same reasoning by implementing rule limitations, you ranted and raved how dumb it was to not just ban him. And I just want to see them banned from being the same team, not completely from doubles as characters.

This is true karma or the greatest of ironies.
again, major difference. there were stages banned because of him, a team banned because of him and 4-6 separate rules created because of him JUST FOR him.....yet nothing changed. THAT is why i wanted him banned in all events.

this GW thing is not even close to that.

Two minor things: projectiles are still super good. One of the reasons Sheik is so freakin' good is her needles. They are still stupidly good because people's movement is still super restricted.
her shield pressure, speed and "guaranteed" combos, dacus and kill power are why she is good. needles (though good) are a very minor compared to the rest i mentioned.

The GW teams thing is overcentralizing to gameplay regardless of the fact that counter could in theory break even (since many counters aren't going to reach and hit GW). What I want to know is what other GW bucket fills could have a similar effect since the way bucket fills has been changed. I'm too lazy to test but there are likely some other ******** GW bucket strats.
This^

I wanna know if more projectiles fill it in one shot. ZS? Robin? Samus? Ness (multi hitting pk fire).....ect. If so, its a GW issue.

Edit: Port is still important for who gets a grab if both people grab at the same time.Probably a few other things as well.
didnt think about that. good call.

Again, I'm not against banning it but....

Counter doesnt work against the bucket

welp NVM

Where is batman when you need him?!?

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
In the grave you dug 7 years ago in preparation.

Xyro77

ok i guess ill ban it unless others fill the bucket in the same way. if thats the case, ill ban GW.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
gnw pika is the only team that does it to this extreme, otherwise it's just standard gnw bucketing that you can actually stop.

Xyro77

So you have seen that it takes 3 ZS dsmashes to fill the bucket? 3 charge shots from samus too? if so, its just a pika thing.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
lmao @ zss' eyes
also im really liking that ruleset warren allan lovely smis77 (; taking that initiative to be the first to legalize customs

U

R

LEGEND

Last edited:

z00ted

haptic's posts were so funny
also when are you ready to play to my wii fit ***** ya *****

Last edited:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
But there's already been custom moves legal tournaments. Also, I dont see why people were hyping up palutenas customs to me, I only found one that was good, but I'll only use it for certain match ups. The others are very eh or bad imo

Gea

Smash Master
Allan, while Sheik has way more than just needles, don't say she has shield pressure. No one besides characters who straight up break shields have shield pressure worth a damn in this game. Unless you count jabs, hurr hurr. She doesn't even have good kill power. Her assets are her low jump, low lag aerials, and ability to zone people as well as fight up close because of NEEDLES. Why don't you purchase the game and play against some of them? I promise you that without needles she'd be a far less menacing opponent because she'd have to do a lot more approaching.

z00ted

But there's already been custom moves legal tournaments. Also, I dont see why people were hyping up palutenas customs to me, I only found one that was good, but I'll only use it for certain match ups. The others are very eh or bad imo
?!?! whaat lol
which one? her dash side-b, jump glide and super speed are all almost 100% go 2s in some kind of variation

feel free to do watever u want but u should probably watch this :o

Xyro77

losing needles Is better than losing the ability to combo.

Last edited:

Xyro77

OP has been updated with 2 events and several friend codes. Please added everybody on the OP so you dont gotta track FCs and WiiU tags down.

Xyro77

Houston's first smash 4 tournament results thread has been submitted. Check the OP for more details.

I am also starting a Houston power ranking using UTD Zacs TX power ranking program. So attend as many events as possible and your ranking could go up!!!

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
ok i guess ill ban it unless others fill the bucket in the same way. if thats the case, ill ban GW.
Why do you want to ban a character so quickly when the game has only been out for less than a week stateside? Xyro i respect you as a TO and i've heard about the events you've run but instantly trying to ban something because of a few vids you've see on youtube is childish. Let the game live out in the wild for sometime before stripping it down so early in it's life. Also walk offs will always be banned and this isn't from a Brawl perspective, I played Melee and PM competitively for about a year and a half so you cant use the brawl argument on me. D1 gave a great testimony when talking about the competitive viability of walk offs. If i can find the vid i will link it but in short what he said is that time and time again walk offs have been proven to be taking away from the competitive element of the game instead of adding to it. He also said since walk offs have been proven non competitive like i stated before he said we should skip that argument entirely just ban them from the start. I know this seems like it presents a problem for stages like Prism but the walk off isnt up the entire time at most from what i saw in my tourney, the walk off only appeared about 2 times max unless the player was being super campy. All im saying is don't strip down what we don't know about yet for sure(G&W bucket stuff) but do eliminate problems we have had already in the past (walk offs)

Last edited:

Xyro77

Houston's first major Smash 3ds event, The Road to TGC, is going down in 22 days (November 1st)! Official rules and games (Mario Kart 8, Pokemon X+Y and Smash 3ds) are locked in as well as a few free perks like no venue fee and free food if you decide to go.

This new generation of Houston tournaments will forge the way for TX to become one of the absolute best states to be smashing in but it can only happen if you support us like you did during the Brawl ages with HOBO and WHOBO. So please come on out to The Road to TGC, make friends, have fun, get better, earn some PR points and maybe make a little money too. I hope to see you guys soon.

PS: ill money match any Lucina/Marth with my Lucina.

The Road to TGC Smashboards page
http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...ouston-texas-free-venue-and-free-food.366489/
The Road to TGC Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1464546770489796

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Thunder is made up of 3 projectiles, so it will always fill up the bucket. You can fill the bucket with one thunder in Brawl too, but it didn't always do it for some reason.

Xyro77

Sweet

so a 1 frame Move fills up a bucket that is invincible while filling and when you spill it its a 1 hit KO on characters who are shielding not shielding and trumps invincibility frames?

Sounds really really bad.

Last edited:

Denti

Smash Master
Walk offs are going to be funny as hell in the WiiU version. I can bet you. $100 someone like Denti or some east coast tryhard will sit back there shooting the best projectiles in the game until you approach and get back thrown lol.
You know me all too well. I was already practicing GaW & Pika for this but that got banned! LOL

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hopping Flounder

Top Bottom