• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
well its covered in stalling, i just wanted to know what you think. wall clinging doesnt degenerate so you can easily spend a good 20-30 seconds down there on 1 ledge grab.
What do you mean doesn't degenerate? I was able to wallcling twice for about 3 seconds twice and then wallcling for about a second after, then it stopped working for me afterwards. You also have to wait longer between each successive wallcling, so you'll fall closer to the blastzone while attempting this. This is all assuming your opponent puts down their 3DS and drools out their mouth.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Hi, I just moved here (Houston) and I was wondering where I can go to meet smashers (this might sound corny but I have no friends here) I play mostly PM but I play everyother smash except brawl. If someone can direct me that would be cool.

Tesh

Smash Hero
What do you mean doesn't degenerate? I was able to wallcling twice for about 3 seconds twice and then wallcling for about a second after, then it stopped working for me afterwards. You also have to wait longer between each successive wallcling, so you'll fall closer to the blastzone while attempting this. This is all assuming your opponent puts down their 3DS and drools out their mouth.
i just mean u can wall cling for the full time every time. i see it being pretty matcup dependant, most characters sould be fine dealing with it

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Are you sure? I tested and those were the results I got.

Regardless, I would be super impressed if someone won a tourney doing this. It never happened in Brawl, and it is very unlikely to happen here.

D

Deleted member

YO, HOUSTON. YOU GUYS SEEING THIS OPEN TOURNEY? HOUSTON GOT LAST, DFW CONFIRMED TOP 2

GET BACK TO THE SWAMP NERDS LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
New to the scene and excited for this event. Hope I'm not too newbish. :kirby:
We all started off as noobs, man. No worries! Just play and have fun. We are all pretty nice in person and will gladly help you get better.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
In Route

I need a partner. A partner for the new smash 4; specifically the Wii U version. A partner, who has a deep hunger to become one of the best in this game. Someone whose commitment is so tightly rooted, that they don’t even flinch to go to an OOS tournament; given they have the resources. Somebody who preferably lives in Florida, however, I will not hesitate to play Wi-Fi.

Now, aspiring to reach the skill of a Mango, M2k, Armada, DR. PP, Zero, Nairo, Otori, 9B, Nietono, Ally, Anti, DEHF, Gnes, ADHD, Razer, and for my Florida peeps: Esam, Nickriddle, Hungrybox, HRNUT, Red Halberd, Shaky, and Seibrik is in a nutshell, not good enough. We have to be better. However great they are in their respective games, we have to be ten times better. If you think this is too great a task, then fine, I am not speaking to you.

Have you ever wanted anything in life, anything, so bad, so strongly, whether it is a job, women, monetary achievement, or whatever you could imagine; that nothing, I mean nothing, could dissuade you from pursuing that goal? I don’t know about you, but mines is becoming the best at Smash 4. Something like bribing a GameStop employee $500 to get a copy of the game a week early is the level of commitment I’m talking about. I know, I know it’s bad. If you didn’t know GameStop can receive games weeks before release.

Let’s be very clear; I want to use this game as a platform to further my education. If the game turns out to be truly viable at the competitive level; then I will see the game through however long it receives coverage. My goal is to be the best, but it is also to be the best so I can pay my way through school and rid myself of student debt. I’m only a junior so I don’t have much to begin with, but still, I want it gone.

I don’t want this game to consume your life. I don’t want you to be homeless, and be playing Smash 4 as a vagabond. No, homelessness will not be tolerated. In any sport there is practice, and Smash wouldn’t be any different. Somebody who can dedicate roughly 20 to 30 hours a week in intense training would be choice. And, come on guys, we sometimes hammer away entire Friday night’s and Saturdays playing with our best buds, so dedicating time to train in not unrealistic. A Saito to my Kenshin, a Vegeta to Goku, a Kuwabara to Yusuke; a fierce rivalry needs to be born between us. This way we can keep each other in check to make sure we don’t fall behind. Every tournament we go to, we won’t be satisfied with anything, but first place. Gotta’ go to Apex for sure.

November the 21st is D-Day, or earlier if you can land it. Be prepared, because there will be loss on this journey, but every fall will make us want it that much more. We’re going to be the first ones at the venue and the last ones to leave. Smash will test us at every turn to see if we are deemed fit enough to see the top, but if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I implore you to stand beside me. I know I am not a quitter, and I know you aren’t either. If you’re interested DM me.

Maniak

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xoxMANIAKxox
Hey guys new to i gues serious smash (non random button mashing)! Just wanted to say whats up. I live near 290 and bw8 anything go on around here?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hey guys new to i gues serious smash (non random button mashing)! Just wanted to say whats up. I live near 290 and bw8 anything go on around here?
Not too far from my area. 249/Beltway 8. Not sure if any events are happening near by. But I would be down to play on the 3DS.

What up Houston. Poptop has returned.

Beaumont, however, is still trash.
Welcome back bro!

Last edited:

Xyro77

Aleif? idk
Welcome to the scene guys :)

Both of you should check out the first post of this thread. I believe I listed 1-2 events near you guys.

TGC is a bit farther away but it will be the biggest event in Houston.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I remember Poptop and his secret stash of honey buns.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Might want to test it again, but I do believe lucario has an infinte wall jump. I was able to wall jump multiple times from the bottom of the level to the top. coulddd be an issue.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Walljump =/= wall cling. Plus, that "infinite" walljump was supposed to be a secret. :(

Regardless, you still cannot stall out someone like this, besides maybe Ganon. You eventually lose height, unless they changed it from Brawl. Even then, you can footstool Lucario.

And would you even do this when you have Aura? Just be a good broken character and kill them at 60%.

Last edited:

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
2 stocks is definitely good for this game, simply because of the pace. I'm up for anything new, though customs do seem a bit overboard. smash 4 is still a baby though, so can't say for sure.

Xyro77

3 stock will be the standard at my events until I quit hosting.

Customs will be legal at thOs one TGC event only......unless people love it.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So what will you do when everyone in the country and the official ruleset v1.0 lists two stocks? Will you go against everyone else again and claim it is in Houston's best interests to use three stocks?

As for custom moves, I don't care either ways. I think some are silly, but this is based on personal opinion, which doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom