• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Stocks should only be lowered when the game is slower. Hence brawl being slower than Melee.

RT, I did MK banned events in an age of MK lovers. I'm not afraid to go against the grain because I always make it work.

Xyro77

its a bunch of new gens trying to destroy the very foundation of smash because they want a more FGC friendlie game.

They don't understand the reason why stocks are reduced and don't understand much of anything other than new gen ideas.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
In Route

I need a partner. A partner for the new smash 4; specifically the Wii U version. A partner, who has a deep hunger to become one of the best in this game. Someone whose commitment is so tightly rooted, that they don’t even flinch to go to an OOS tournament; given they have the resources. Somebody who preferably lives in Florida, however, I will not hesitate to play Wi-Fi.

Now, aspiring to reach the skill of a Mango, M2k, Armada, DR. PP, Zero, Nairo, Otori, 9B, Nietono, Ally, Anti, DEHF, Gnes, ADHD, Razer, and for my Florida peeps: Esam, Nickriddle, Hungrybox, HRNUT, Red Halberd, Shaky, and Seibrik is in a nutshell, not good enough. We have to be better. However great they are in their respective games, we have to be ten times better. If you think this is too great a task, then fine, I am not speaking to you.

Have you ever wanted anything in life, anything, so bad, so strongly, whether it is a job, women, monetary achievement, or whatever you could imagine; that nothing, I mean nothing, could dissuade you from pursuing that goal? I don’t know about you, but mines is becoming the best at Smash 4. Something like bribing a GameStop employee $500 to get a copy of the game a week early is the level of commitment I’m talking about. I know, I know it’s bad. If you didn’t know GameStop can receive games weeks before release.

Let’s be very clear; I want to use this game as a platform to further my education. If the game turns out to be truly viable at the competitive level; then I will see the game through however long it receives coverage. My goal is to be the best, but it is also to be the best so I can pay my way through school and rid myself of student debt. I’m only a junior so I don’t have much to begin with, but still, I want it gone.

I don’t want this game to consume your life. I don’t want you to be homeless, and be playing Smash 4 as a vagabond. No, homelessness will not be tolerated. In any sport there is practice, and Smash wouldn’t be any different. Somebody who can dedicate roughly 20 to 30 hours a week in intense training would be choice. And, come on guys, we sometimes hammer away entire Friday night’s and Saturdays playing with our best buds, so dedicating time to train in not unrealistic. A Saito to my Kenshin, a Vegeta to Goku, a Kuwabara to Yusuke; a fierce rivalry needs to be born between us. This way we can keep each other in check to make sure we don’t fall behind. Every tournament we go to, we won’t be satisfied with anything, but first place. Gotta’ go to Apex for sure.

November the 21st is D-Day, or earlier if you can land it. Be prepared, because there will be loss on this journey, but every fall will make us want it that much more. We’re going to be the first ones at the venue and the last ones to leave. Smash will test us at every turn to see if we are deemed fit enough to see the top, but if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I implore you to stand beside me. I know I am not a quitter, and I know you aren’t either. If you’re interested DM me.
I will..........

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Stocks should only be lowered when the game is slower. Hence brawl being slower than Melee.

RT, I did MK banned events in an age of MK lovers. I'm not afraid to go against the grain because I always make it work.
I can respect that. But if other tourneys start having two stocks and Houston remains the only major city to use three, it isn't helping us. Right now it won't matter, but once ruleset v1 comes out, you and I both know what the final stock count will be given the current tourney trends.

Last edited:

Xyro77

I can respect that. But if other tourneys start having two stocks and Houston remains the only major city to use three, it isn't helping us. Right now it won't matter, but once ruleset v1 comes out, you and I both know what the final stock count will be given the current tourney trends.
i will NEVER do 2 stocks.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So much for Texas Unity. RIP Razer's plan.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I think everyone wants 2 stocks lol. We've been playing the game, Xyro. Whereas you haven't :/

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Finally, now I can take one or two of your answers seriously.

So after playing with 2 stocks vs 3 stocks, why do you think 3 stocks is better?

Last edited:

Xyro77

It's not that it's better.

It's that it produces the same or better results, time wise, that brawl did. My personal matches line up with what TLOC and RJ proved a month ago. This also proved what I told you guys BEFORE the game came out.

Not only that^ but with **** like KO punches (very common online btw), SDs, custom moves, better combo abilities.....etc 2 stocks is not enough to learn/adapt/change the tide of battle. If you lose 1 stock you have lost 50% of the battle. With 3 stocks you have lost 33% which isn't too big of a deal.

Basically, everything I said about this game is coming true.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So...have you actually PLAYED multiple matches someone with 2 stocks and then 3 stocks?

A simple yes or no will do.

Xyro77

Yep. Only offline. Never played an online with 3 sticks.

We can play later if u want

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sure, just be on Skype during the evening. The vortex welcomes all...

Xyro77

Been playing for 2-3 hours online with RT/Trela/Razer

All matches end under 7min. Most under 6.

All 3 stocks

RunC.T.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RunC.T.
3DS FC
1204-0385-5852
I think I see where you're coming from xyro. I was saying 2 because it seemed like the standard for this series (default option menu, for glory)

Tesh

Smash Hero
imitating for glory is not a good justification for anything.

for glory is two stockfive minutes on fd only just for simplicity when fighting random people, its supposed to just be quick 'pick up and play' matches and the rationale behind for glory rules have no bearing on whats best for tournament play offline.

3 stock feels fine offline but it would make me wants to break my 3ds if i played it online.

i've seen good arguments from both sides and each setup has its own benefits, so i dont see why anyone is so set on either stock count for certain

xyro why is corneria not legal?

Xyro77

Corneria was banned cause of wall
Chain grabs, free GW buckets and jab/tilt lock wall infinites.

Is all of that gone from that stage?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
2 stocks is funner and faster. What more do you need. Eff when a player is bad and sd's. Eff when a player is bad and doesnt know about custom moves. Its also pretty easy to come back if you lose the first stock. Unless... you're bad

Also, might want to rethink corneria for the 3ds version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYL4Q1NLPCY#t=51

Last edited:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
You want 2 or 3 stocks espy?

Faster isnt really objective. Less time limit on two stocks. 1/7 people that I ask want three stocks, which is why I claimed its funner.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I'm liking the 2 stock madness vs 3 stock. Makes the game feel too much like Brawl 3 stocks.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Because your character is already good enough and has enough random glitches/exploits. Ganon actually needed this the most.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yoshi isn't good enough until we all see how much Wii U controls (Gamecube lol) aactually changes for some characters.
Yoshi needs to be MK tier, he's the hero we don't deserve.

Top Bottom