• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ggz, got some interesting information on stages from that lol.

plz never make guar plains legal

lololol i love that stage. and yeah that one with Viridi is def not too bad. i had no idea so much stuff could break on that stage,

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I'm telling everyone, that stage is a good cp.

I might be wrong about mute city tho, that seemed a bit silly after trying it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For Mute City, Kirby can Stone onto the track and can take two hits before it breaks him out. He takes 7% after the second hit and gets minimal knockback.

He can also cancel out of Stone while on the track and immediately jump to avoid the track.

What's most amusing is that he moves in Stone form in relation to the track (i.e., he can go side to side when the track starts swerving)

Oh he can also cancel Stone back into Stone and pretty much stay untouched. He can even end up doing this inside the cars and stay there until they move.

Just throwing that out there.

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Bayonetta 1+2 in 9 days.
Watch Dogs in 33 days
Smash WiiU in 36 days
watchdogs is so bad lol i was gonna buy it on wii u at first but when they delayed it and stated the reason i got really pissed at ubisoft. BTW why play watchdogs when gtav is coming out

Xyro77

watchdogs is so bad lol i was gonna buy it on wii u at first but when they delayed it and stated the reason i got really pissed at ubisoft. BTW why play watchdogs when gtav is coming out
GTA is only out for the other systems :(

I really enjoy the concept for WatchDogs and from what I read yesterday, Ubi is adding in unique features (tablet wise) to the WiiU version. It just makes sense to play a game about hacking on a WiiU tablet.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Too bad the game itself is trash. Interesting concept but pretty poor execution.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
GTA is only out for the other systems :(

I really enjoy the concept for WatchDogs and from what I read yesterday, Ubi is adding in unique features (tablet wise) to the WiiU version. It just makes sense to play a game about hacking on a WiiU tablet.
Yeah, I had it for PS4. I felt the movement and everything felt lacking. The hacking system was interesting for the first few missions, then it felt like a chore.

Xyro77

the tablet changes everything. Ever played Deus Ex Human Revolution? Play it on a mainstream console and then play it on WiiU. Totally different exp thanks to tablet.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What Flip is saying is pretty much what everyone has agreed. The hacking is unique at first, but then it becomes a chore and QTE replacement.

Hamfisting touch controls into the game won't fix a boring game mechanic.

Last edited:

Xyro77

What Flip is saying is pretty much what everyone has agreed. The hacking is unique at first, but then it becomes a chore and QTE replacement.

Hamfisting touch controls into the game won't fix a boring game mechanic.
Play DEUS EX. It's not HAMFISTED.

HAMFISTED is like what Nintendo did with twilight princess on wii.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not talking about about Deus Ex.

But people for all the other versions of Watch_Dogs have complained the hacking is trivialized as the game progresses. It basically becomes a QTE replacement (press X to WIN) or just point-click string to victory. Touch controls won't fix the mechanic itself or make it better.

Xyro77

Right but if you made every hack opportunity a full on hack fest like at the beginning, people would cry about it. Just like if you had full drawn out QETs every time you would cry about it.

Deus Ex had hacking too but the tablet made it very enjoyable. Wath Dogs should do the same.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I doubt it. Watch some gameplay vids of the original hacking parts. Touch controls won't make it more fun.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wish Smash 4 had the EXTENDERERERERERERER

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Bayonetta 2 looks so amazing !! : - )

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Ubisoft has given up on Nintendo at this point. Why bother supporting a lackluster game like watch dogs. If you dont like the game, the Wii U versions resale value is going to tank so fast it wont even be worth much as a coaster. If you love the game, Ubisoft has states the Wii U version will get no future DLC or support so you get screwed either way.

Nintendo has some pretty grand exclusives in the next half a year, save your money for that. AND the DLC for HW, MK8, Smash Bros is worth more than Watch dogs anyway. Add that to Splatoon, Captain Toad (only 40 bucks), Bayonetta 1+2 and I gotta wonder why you are still trying to buy a game that disappointed everyone 8 months ago already.

Rayman sold better on Wii U even after they gave us the middle finger and they STILL did it again. Do not support Ubisoft. Buy Bayonetta, W101, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken and support the 3rd parties that are giving us quality stuff without compromise.

Xyro, I'll glady make you hate all of those stages you want legal if you wanna come play offline some time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
F those other games.

The vortex is my home now. You can stay here...forever...

Xyro77

I don't wanna completely miss out on WD simply cause I don't have a ps4 or X-bone. If I can get it on WiiU (a system I own) why not? I know Ubi has abandoned Nintendo but I've been looking forward to this for like 2 years now. I'm 99% sure they know it won't sell well and I'm cool with it not having DLC since it's optional.

I don't care about the DLC for HW (other than the Wizzro/Cia/Volga DLC) or the Captain Toad game. Bayo 1+2 is an easy sell and the kart DLC is good too. W101 may be good (and I bought it) but I can't get into it. I def won't get pokken but I may support it for TGC. Splatoon looks good but I wanna know if it's tournament compatible.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What if you can fight as Beedrill in Pokken?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Splatoon requires 8 setups to play one 1 full game. But I guess that works fine for COD. I just think its gonna be fun as hell to play.

Xyro77

Butterfree sucks s h i t

Beedrill the best

I REALLY hope it's not 8 setups for one game. Not cool.

Gea

Smash Master
Fantasy Life also comes out the same time as Bayonetta. Deus Ex HR was a good game, but the PC version is the definitive version for sure.

Allan, what modern game does split screen any good? How else would you get a team of 8 going?

Xyro77

Fantasy Life also comes out the same time as Bayonetta. Deus Ex HR was a good game, but the PC version is the definitive version for sure.

Allan, what modern game does split screen any good? How else would you get a team of 8 going?
PC is for nerds.
Smash/kart/hyrule warriors and pretty much anything nintendo does local co-op good.
Whats fantasy life?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The Pokemon games and Smash U will come out on same day.

My wallet, why are you crying? Please stop...

Xyro77

The Pokemon games and Smash U will come out on same day.

My wallet, why are you crying? Please stop...
originally i didnt care about that dumb pkmn game. but now mega beedrill appeared......

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Do it.

Raise 6 Beedrills.

Top Bottom