• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

fear17

Smash Apprentice
Hey Conquer Come To My House At 5:00 A.m Ill Be Waiting So We Can Practice All Morning Shok Is Coming Around 8:00 So We Can Get Warm Up

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that some dude is pimping his girlfriend constantly and other guys are talking about some chick named Sami like they want to slip her the bone.. and it's all happening in a public Houston thread?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Am I the only one who thinks it is weird that some dude is pimping his girlfriend constantly and other guys are talking about some chick named Sami like they want to slip her the bone.. and it's all happening in a public Houston thread?
Not at all... I was mentioning to DMG today how I thought it was strange he wanted people to be thinking of his girl when they got boners or whatever...

I guess our balls (and Ganon Balls) are just bigger than most, so we don't fall in with the rest of them, Lee :p

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
So... Out of pure curiosity, everyone does know that Hobo 12 is going to start a little later than usual, right?

Hobo 12 Set-up and friendlies start at 1:30 pm. Registration starts at 2 pm. Tournament starts at 3 pm.

Everyone bring set-ups please! (My van can only hold so much and it weeps from my misuse!) I'm not bringing my "van of infinite TV holding" to Hobo 12, so everyone please pitch in and bring a set-up!

I'll see everyone there! Yay, fun!

heytallman

CTALL
'Twas the night before HOBO 12, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, except for...me, playing Rock Band all night. Curse you, Tallman, for always wanting to play Rock Band instead!!!!

But I am excited. DugFinn, are you bringing your Pokemans this time? We were SUPPOSED to play at HOBO 11, but you didn't bring yours then either.

Zori

Smash Champion
So... Out of pure curiosity, everyone does know that Hobo 12 is going to start a little later than usual, right?

Hobo 12 Set-up and friendlies start at 1:30 pm. Registration starts at 2 pm. Tournament starts at 3 pm.

Everyone bring set-ups please! (My van can only hold so much and it weeps from my misuse!) I'm not bringing my "van of infinite TV holding" to Hobo 12, so everyone please pitch in and bring a set-up!

I'll see everyone there! Yay, fun!

what?!?!? xyro said 12 you say 3 @_@ what is it?

Edit: Stop mindgaming me ;-;

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
I spoke with Stiltz last night. He said reg was at 2 pm and the tourney starts at 3 pm. People can arrive at 1:30 pm.

Xyro can't post right now otherwise he'd probably change the times on the first post... Then again... He might not just to mess with you (only you Zori, no one else, just you).

Feel free to call Xyro or Stiltz to confirm.

I'll be there a little before 2 pm to get reg going.

Popertop: I'll bring my Pokaymanz cards. I'll try to find my DS, but no promises. (I swear I left it in the abyss of my room... Who would have thought it'd be so hard to find things in an abyss...? Che.)

Zori

Smash Champion
oh ok thanks ^^ also dugg don't give me azen hylain or t-rex my second round :D <3

Can't wait to see everyone there.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
yea i guess the times changed without me knowing. its too late, people are already going. im gonna head out too. just to chat and stuff.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
****... i might not have a ride

anyone here... please... i need a last minute ride... ill pay up for it (ill pay for ur tourney registration)

edit: NVM, got it covered :)

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
not really, dude talking about his girlfriend is yearning for respect from the majority of the girl-less smash community and guys talking about sami ARE the girl-less smash community

BRAWL SUX JA HEARD ME

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
That was the best HOBO yet. For sure. My tag was jS for those of you who don't know.
There were SO many less people there this time, probably because of the new location.
It seemed like there were only good people this time, and every time you heard somebody announced for a fight, you knew who they were.

I had such a tough bracket! Fliphop and Mr. 3000. I didn't get very far in the tourny matches, but I think I left a good impression on the people I fought. I got quite a few compliments on my Ness too.

Shououts

KRD: Time to get some IC practice son! Sorry you didn't do good in the tourny, but I think we can both agree it was the best one so far.
Tallman: I'm sorry our money match wasn't so epic, but that recovery duel in the first match was amazing. Money match next time?
Zori: Nice to see you again. Your Olimar is scary. Seriously. I'm going to have nightmares for weeks. Sorry you didn't get so lucky in the tourny, but there's always next time.
Oni: Very fun friendlies, hope to play you next hobo.
Nore: It was fun to fight characters I didn't have a lot of practice against. Fun friendlies.
Esca: I'm not going to lie, it felt very awkward to fight you since we've had some arguments in the past, but thank you for the compliment on my Ness. I'll try to stick to him. :) Your pit was pretty good too, you gave me a lot of trouble on Norfair.
Fliphop: Very close games. You have a great diddy. Maybe now that you know who I am, I can convince you to play wifi. :laugh: Epic spikes ftw.
Nefarious J: Fun fights. Not much else to say lol.
Mr. 3000: I don't feel like I did as good as I could have in our matches. It was a very awkward fight to me. You used Sonic how KRD uses him, and even though most of the time I could predict what you were going to do next, you still whooped my ***. To this day I haven't beaten you once. :X Hope I play you next hobo.
Axxo: Fun friendlies. Who is your main? You used falco and kirby against me.

I know there's a few others I'm forgetting, and if I think of them, I'll edit my post.
I really hope the next HOBO's can be held at this location, it was perfect. Thanks for the great time everybody!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I had a lot of fun even though I didn't do well at all in the Brackets. I got a lot of matches recorded (I recorded every match that happened at TV 4, plus some other matches that I recorded with my camera) and I'm already uploading some right now.

Shoutouts:

jS: Looks like your Ness did pretty good this tourny, stick with him.

Heytallman: TV johns were funny xD. I ended up as Light Blue G&W in our RCMM and he blended in with the background so well that it was hard to tell where I was and was hard for you to tell what I was doing lol. Funny how you ended up as PT both times in that RCMM, revenge for me ending up as Link both times in the first RCMM I had against you. Ending up as Green Samus in the 2nd match was pretty fun.

Xyro: Awesome tourny, as always. Funny comments about when I ended up as your color Samus.

Oni: We finally got to Brawl. We had... what... and hour of friendlies right before I left? xD. Fun matches. Too bad I had to leave right when we started playing Melee.

Zori: You were doing SO good in friendlies, it seemed like you were about to win the tournament easily, too bad about your bracket though.

Gabe: You're so good at Melee x.x and I'm so bad at it too lol. Flurry of attacks comming at me, I didn't know what to do.

Poppertop: First match was close in our money match, then you switched to Luigi and I just thought "Oh ****" because I never fight Luigis, but I ended up doing really good, then your Wario did really good and gave you the win.

Dphat: Pretty good Marth, so much Fair x.x But that's the thing to do against ICs.

Blue J: Repeat of how I lost in HOBO 8 lol, only you used Mario this time. As soon as I saw you choose Mario I thought "Well this shouldn't be too bad", I was wrong x.x Such good spacing and combos, you have a really good Mario.

Kown: Fun Pit ditto. I started out winning, then got overconfident D:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Results (sorta)
1.Fliphop (DIDDY)
2.Lee-M (Lucario)
3.RoyR (Marth)
4.Ultimate Razer (Snake)
4.Dr. Mario Guy (Wario)
6.Sethlon (Falco)

That's pretty close to the results of the top 6ish

Shoutouts:
Lee: Your lucario was too good, disrupted every approach I had with dair. Insane DI, hope I can learn it some day ._. Our matches were too epic T_T
Kalo: Our team would've *****. Too bad you missed the finals
RoyR: Your Marth is just too good, you'll figure out the Diddy match up and wreck me next tourney I go to.
Mexico: You repped the Wii-moters proud. Now time to wreck team Banana Bombs
Bwett: Your Yoshi is God :O Sorry bout teams ._.
Sethlon: Falco is just too good. That match up was hella hard. We gotta find that video of that 0% kill on BF
Hylian: First time we faced and it was mad intense. Up B out of everything was too good. Next time I'll ban Rainbow ^_^
Tallman & Gnes: **** UH
JS: Your Ness did fine work more on nairs.
Stiltz: You did an awesome job hosting the tourney. Got out on time ^_^. Too bad we didn't do friendlies had to leave early >_<.
Dojo: Mad Diddy, you got crazy speeds. Try team double diddy haha
Santi: TL is ****
My Cheering Squad (AKA GET HYPE CREW) You guys made the finals match less tense for me thanks. WHERE YO CURLY MUSTACHE AT.
Fliphop: Woah **** diddy ._.
If I forgot you.. sorry ._.

Esca

Smash Champion
Just for the Record, Popertop and myself beat DMG and Phantom X in teams, lol. Whos the biotch now? Shoutouts later.

Popertop

Smash Champion
No. Never.
Jeez.

This HOBO had some crazy teams matches, definitely the best I've had so far.
I had an incredible set with Razer, and I think it got recorded, it would be cool if that made it online.
Maaaaan.
Too fun/

D

Deleted member

im eating a bagel and cream cheese.

grats to lee, sethlon, and everyone else.

Sudai

Stuff here
Good **** everyone. Sorry Louisiana didn't stay for IHOP. Would have been mad fun.

Good **** to everyone, but I have to make a special shout out to Santi. Scariest Toon Link I've ever seen. D:

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
fliphop made it epic at the tourny...........repin that diddy for everyone who mains him,,,,,,hes to beastly! congrats man!!!

fear17

Smash Apprentice
Thats bad i could not make it there was a ride problem and there was nothing i could do about it but i hope for hobo 13 the same thing does not happen

heytallman

CTALL
Thats bad i could not make it there was a ride problem and there was nothing i could do about it but i hope for hobo 13 the same thing does not happen
No ride johns, you were just scared that I was gonna **** you too hard. For shame.

I shall post shout outs in the results thread, once one is made.

Top Bottom