• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
lolz well we'll see bro. I've already been to Texas and everyone there is really nice anyways..I have some friends that live in Dallas. I will say one thing though. Texas smashers are wayyy nicer than East Coast smashers lolol

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
lolz well we'll see bro. I've already been to Texas and everyone there is really nice anyways..I have some friends that live in Dallas. I will say one thing though. Texas smashers are wayyy nicer than East Coast smashers lolol
lol, the way you're talking, it's like you WANT us to hate you!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
??? I just complimented your whole state lol Texas is my favorite place to be. Don't hate me please! I wouldn't come to your tournament if I was going to be hated lol.

Texas for life!!!!

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
??? I just complimented your whole state lol Texas is my favorite place to be. Don't hate me please! I wouldn't come to your tournament if I was going to be hated lol.

Texas for life!!!!
hahaha im just kidding, i know internet sarcasm ect. Don't worry i'm like this in person too, its just easier to get my nonchalant demeanor irl :)

onii-chan

Smash Ace
god its good to be back...jesus...7 days with no electricty in my house...i thought i was gonna die without some fresh food and some houston smash...

also to all i have promised a sig...i will get to work on them tomorrow...i gotta finish this 2 page essay on Angelas Ashes...

Also i haven't read any of the other post...can someone give me a recap of wants going on

and also lastly, furbs did you every get the guy that stole your wii?

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
can someone give me a recap of wants going on

and also lastly, furbs did you every get the guy that stole your wii?
no he still has my wii, i sent him his 2 weeks ago and he hasnt gotten back to me :/

but to recap Edrees, M2K,Azen, DSF, and Ajax are going to hobo 11, as well as this jesiah guy whom all texans loves, but he hates texas :'(

300th spartan post

onii-chan

Smash Ace
why did you send him his?you should have keeped it unless it was busted...but that was a trade off there...he has your and you had his

lol...only ppl i heard of was Azen and M2K(lol oh noes...hylian is no longer the texas m2k...bc the really on is coming to texas)to bad i won't have the time to go to this...

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
no he still has my wii, i sent him his 2 weeks ago and he hasnt gotten back to me :/

but to recap Edrees, M2K,Azen, DSF, and Ajax are going to hobo 11, as well as this jesiah guy whom all texans loves, but he hates texas :'(

300th spartan post
hope u get yours back.... he could be like OMG 2 WIIS ILL KEEP MINE NOW or some ****..... in that case take it to court we got yo back hehe

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
dojo will NOT beat m2k now win a houston tourney. id be more worried about stiltz or t-rex

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If Hylian is the M2K of Texas, then what is he when M2K is IN Texas?

Also, my new opinion on who is good in the Brawl scene:

San Angelo=Brawl's Crystal City

They're the new small town crew that's ****** South Texas. I have high hopes for them at this HOBO.

Espy is quite possibly a contender for Mr 3000's Sonic. He ***** for his very first Brawl tournament.

And MetaKnight is once again overplayed and too good. I expect an FC size event to have 6 Metaknights in the top 8, just like this year's Evo had 6 Chun Li's in the top 8.

LOL Forkgirl told me yesterday that Metaknight is banned in Italy.

heytallman

CTALL
I should get M2K or someone to wear a set of those ridiculous disguise glasses with the nose and moustache and my hat and play as me, and we split the prize money.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok not to be an East Coast Elitist or anything like that...but I have to say this after reading this thread.

No one in Texas has a chance of beating M2K.
No one in Texas has a chance of beating Azen, although a better chance than M2K.
People in Texas have a very good chance of beating me. LOL

But in all honesty, no way will Dojo win. Not only is M2K better than him, but he's much much better at the matchup. He plays in MD/VA all the time w/ the best MK's and easily 2 stocks them. Seriously, don't get your hopes up Dojo, even if you are rapetastic. (Which you are. :))
Sorry, Texas isn't so pessimistic :). We know where we stand, but we won't give up hope and we will always try our hardest. You might be suprised.

There is always a chance.

Either way, I know for sure we are all going to have a ****ing awesome time :). I hope to make this fun for the OOS people :).

WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING STUFF TO RECORD!!!!!

Seriously, I want to get all of Texas's best vs the OOS :).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
San Angelo=Brawl's Crystal City
After first hearing about San Angelo, this was the very first thing I thought. Seriously, who the heck knew about this place beforehand? <_<

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Sorry, Texas isn't so pessimistic :). We know where we stand, but we won't give up hope and we will always try our hardest. You might be suprised.
I probably will be, and I really admire the enthusiasm. I'm like you, I go OOS and try to do well and surprise people. We should chill when I get there.

Also I DO NOT hate Texas. I was being serious when I said it is my favorite place to be. My family and friends live there, and I love the smashers there. I really am looking forward to this.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Espy is quite possibly a contender for Mr 3000's Sonic. He ***** for his very first Brawl tournament.
No offense to Espy, but he's not even close to 3000. If I wouldn't have made so many key mistakes, he would have lost to my less than a day old MK with no matchup experience against Sonic. 3000 could have wrecked me. He's good, but not 3000 good.

By the way, we need to have a low tier battle against the EC. I'll wreck their ***** ;)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

There is always a chance.

Either way, I know for sure we are all going to have a ****ing awesome time :). I hope to make this fun for the OOS people :).

WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING STUFF TO RECORD!!!!!

Seriously, I want to get all of Texas's best vs the OOS :).
No way, that's like, my overall mantra on Brawl...

"I'll probably lose, but I'll do my best, and maybe I'll do better than I thought. It's gonna be so **** awesome though, no doubt."

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm..... M2k? Azen? and now DSF? It looks like i will be joining you guys for the fight:) Texas we have a BIGGG chance of taking this. Oh and Jesiah this is Brawl not Melee:)

Santi

Smash Lord
BIGGG?

Three G's is giving us a little too much credit
=)
Maybe one big G and then a little g.

Jesiah makes me sick :p Writing all this stuff in the TL boards about character specifics and Q/A threads and stage discussion threads... then switches to snake.

:D
ewwwwww

I need to find my goggles.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Hmmm..... M2k? Azen? and now DSF? It looks like i will be joining you guys for the fight:) Texas we have a BIGGG chance of taking this. Oh and Jesiah this is Brawl not Melee:)
Yeah, and that tourney where I took you out was in Brawl, not Melee. Change your name to Brawl1 please, not Melee1.

<3 :p

Santi, Toon Link just doesn't cut it for me. :(

Santi

Smash Lord
Santi, Toon Link just doesn't cut it for me. :(
I guess tilts that kill cut it for you
=)
I'm just giving you a hard time.
I'm jk.

I'm looking foward to playing you and the rest of the OOS players.

Next weekend is going to be soooo epic.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I guess tilts that kill cut it for you
=)
I'm just giving you a hard time.
I'm jk.

I'm looking foward to playing you and the rest of the OOS players.

Next weekend is going to be soooo epic.
Speaking of which...

I still want to play you, I never got the chance at the Gamelot monthly.

Santi

Smash Lord
Speaking of which...

I still want to play you, I never got the chance at the Gamelot monthly.
We'll get in some matches at HOBO. I'm serisouly gonna try to play like every minute next weekend :D

OH and am I the only one thinking BWETT IS THE M2K COUNTER!!!

BWETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

*bwett goes Yoshi*
*M2K goes MK*
*Final D is somehow the random stage*
*bwett plays like a freakin G and barely wins with an epic spike*
*M2K does DDD*
*bwett stays Yoshi since he has amazing DDD pratice all the time from Fogo*
*M2K jaw drops*
*Everyone else skeets*
*Sammy kisses Santi*

Van Jones

Smash Lord
We'll get in some matches at HOBO. I'm serisouly gonna try to play like every minute next weekend :D

BWETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

*bwett goes Yoshi*
*M2K goes MK*
*M2K does DDD*
*M2K jaw drops*
*Everyone else skeets*
*Sammy kisses Bear*
Yeah. You are right. :)

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275

BWETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

*bwett goes Yoshi*
*M2K goes MK*
*M2K does DDD*
*M2K jaw drops*
*Everyone else skeets*
*Sammy kisses Ice*
Fix'd! Now everything is right!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok guys, hold your breath...The ticket I was going to buy for M2K was going to be 256 dollars...Now it's almost 400 and I'm not sure I can do that. We're working things out now and HOPEFULLY we can find cheaper..but as of now I definitely can't go and I'm not even sure M2K can go.

</3

Furbs

Smash Journeyman

OH and am I the only one thinking FURBS IS THE M2K COUNTER!!!

FURBSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

*furbs goes Yoshi*
*M2K goes MK*
*furbs plays like a freakin G and barely wins with an epic spike*
*M2K does marth*
*furbs stays Yoshi since he has amazing marth pratice all the time from roy*
*M2K jaw drops*
*Everyone else skeets*
*Rocket Trainer kisses Santi*
*furbs dances in his scooby suit*
fix'd for truth

Dojo

Smash Champion
BREAKING NEWS:

oovideogamegodoo: just my luck
oovideogamegodoo: im not going anymore
oovideogamegodoo: tell everyone that
oovideogamegodoo: unless someone
oovideogamegodoo: wants to give me 100 dollars
oovideogamegodoo: to pay the difference
oovideogamegodoo: i wanted to pay the 254
oovideogamegodoo: jesiah told me to wait t
oovideogamegodoo: till tuesday
oovideogamegodoo: now its about 100 more
oovideogamegodoo: bit over 100
oovideogamegodoo: if someone will give me 100 more
oovideogamegodoo: ill go
oovideogamegodoo: otherwise im not

YEAH GAY ****....

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yeah even if I had the 400 to give him he doesn't want to pay that much back to me so I mean unless someone wants to give him 400...yeah...he's not going. If I SOMEHOW come across that much though...He is my friend and I will give him the extra 100 for free...But it's most likely not going to happen. I only have so much money.

Also in case anyone wants to know the reason I told him to "wait till tuesday" was because that's when I get my check lol

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
im really mad, i was going to buy a week ago but just my luck, during the waiting period for tuesday, the prices rose massively, and now it isn't worth it anymore. You'll have to have it be a different tourney then, I really did intend on going though, and was looking forward to it. I would like to still go to a BIG TX tourney sometime in the future though, I don't know when though. This is quite upsetting. DSF may or may not go if you convince him

GOD DAMMIT I REALLY WANTED TO GO

edit - this is so discouraging, it makes me not want to brawl anymore, not like i played people anyway. Jestiah I play like nobody ever, except on saturday tourneys, I just learned quickly cuz I play video games well and was top player in melee so it transitions into learning brawl fast. My total time since the game was released outside of saturdays is like 200 hours probably, half of that was DDD

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wow...how gay.

Well...At least DSF is going :/.

Or hopefully M2K can still find a way.

I though M2K's ticket was already bought :/.

Edit:

Everyone start looking for plane tickets lol. Try and find something cheap :/. Maybe you guys could fly into austin or Dallas for cheaper.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I'm really sorry guys...I didn't mean to let everyone down. I know you all really wanted to play him and I wanted you guys to play him too. :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm really sorry guys...I didn't mean to let everyone down. I know you all really wanted to play him and I wanted you guys to play him too. :(
Look for tickets to Austin or Dallas man...

Tickets might of raised to houston because of the hurricane for some reason. So try austin or dallas and see if you can find something cheap. If it's austin, I can get you. If it's dallas, there are several who can get you there as well.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Holy Crap Austin Is Cheap Austin Is Cheap I Can Do It

ok i cant get too excited yet..the times have to be right
YES!!!!

I'M AMAZING lol.

AUSTIN IS THE BEST CITY IN TEXAS!!!KNJR!K$N!JLK@#N

Top Bottom