• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
kailo, we should do a pokemon MM at PZ xD. Since we seem to be the only two competitive pokemon players in houston.
you mother funker i will play you and you will change your statement my good sir and i guess we can play on revolution and at level 50 ok sense i don't have hundred kailo knows i got pokemons skills so balls to you also Axxo wrecks me know in brawl.... in a very bad way lolz.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
:) i know..... but i like 50 better but iono lolz if they get Auto 100 the don't get ev points so that sucks...... lolz

KRDsonic

Smash Master
you mother funker i will play you and you will change your statement my good sir and i guess we can play on revolution and at level 50 ok sense i don't have hundred kailo knows i got pokemons skills so balls to you also Axxo wrecks me know in brawl.... in a very bad way lolz.
lol, ok, I'll battle you if someone brings PBR :p I'll warn you though, I'm told that I have the most annoying teams that there are xD.

Too bad the pokemon game doesn't set them to level 100 unless you're on wifi :/

And the reason I saw me and kailo are the only two competitive battlers in pokemon is because he's beaten some of the top battlers on some of the best sites, and I've been battling on wifi shortly after the game came out and have had over 500 battles, and was in a 64 person tournament that only had the site's best battlers, and I came in 9th place :p

Anyways, back to brawl... I saw an updated tier list and it looks like peach is now in high tier and samus is the top of low o.O And MK is above Snake and Dedede is now top tier. Tier lists change so much xD.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
THIS MESSAGE IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: STILTZ.

He currently does not have the interwebs so I'm serving as his puppet/***** for the time being.

Ppl who are coming need to bring sleepy time stuff.

He also wants to know what time you guys plan on getting there. I'll be checking the thread till 6 today because i get really bored at work, and I'll relay the info back to Stiltz.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Ok. Well, we are trying to decide if we want to leave around 1 or 3. If we leave earlier we are gonna have to find something to do for a couple of hours, but If we leave late we are probably gonna get stuck in rush hour traffic (f*** that). Someone make up my mind for me.

Lupe Fiasco ftw.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Ok. Well, we are trying to decide if we want to leave around 1 or 3. If we leave earlier we are gonna have to find something to do for a couple of hours, but If we leave late we are probably gonna get stuck in rush hour traffic (f*** that). Someone make up my mind for me.

Lupe Fiasco ftw.
early...

does anyone know whats first, singles or doubles

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
SIngles are first. I do not know when they will finish. it depends on how many tvs/ how many people show up. I will make a big *** post in a sec to infor all of you.

be there by 12. we start at 2

QraQ

Smash Ace
Wish I would've known about this sooner.
I just happen to be coming back to Houston tommorrow but my flight wont get in till around 6.
I'll stop by PZ just to see whats going on and hopefully catch up with some old smashers.

-DeeV8

Kamikaze Kevin

Smash Cadet
SIngles are first. I do not know when they will finish. it depends on how many tvs/ how many people show up. I will make a big *** post in a sec to infor all of you.

be there by 12. we start at 2
hey allen do u know if u or of anyone else that can give me a ride there? keith has to work all day and is taking my car

Xyro77

ATTN ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO PZ!!!!!!!!

Like normal, this is my last post of the day!

1. The tournament starts at 2pm. Plz be there by 12 noon. 12-2=sign ups/practice.

2. Rules are updated in first post. Be sure to check them out.

3. Directions to this event are on the front page. PZ is on Westhiemer next to whataburger....

4. RoyR will not be at PZ. YIPPI!!!!! no more 3 stocks!!!!

5. 1vs1 will be 1st and teams will happen after that. Sigles is the main event so lets try and break the previous record of 84 players!!! Bring every one you know!

6. If you have ANY QUETIONS about ANYTHING, plz contact me at 409-692-0697(leave a message if i dont answer) or call PZ(if u need directions) at 281-531-ZERO.

7. PLEASE BRING A FULL SET-UP(wii/tv/ssbb). If you do, bring a full set-up....your entry fee of 5$ is waved.

8. In case of emergency....follow step 6.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
ATTN ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO PZ!!!!!!!!

1. The tournament starts at 2pm. Plz be there by 12 noon. 12-2=sign ups/practice.

2. Rules are updated in first post. Be sure to check them out.

3. Directions to this event are on the front page. PZ is on Westhiemer next to whataburger....

4. RoyR will not be at PZ. YIPPI!!!!! no more 3 stocks!!!!

5. 1vs1 will be 1st and teams will happen after that. Sigles is the main event so lets try and break the previous record of 84 players!!! Bring every one you know!

6. If you have ANY QUETIONS about ANYTHING, plz contact me at 409-692-0697(leave a message if i dont answer) or call PZ(if u need directions) at 281-531-ZERO.

7. PLEASE BRING A FULL SET-UP(wii/tv/ssbb). If you do, bring a full set-up....your entry fee of 5$ is waved.

8. In case of emergency....follow step 6.
Jotted for truth

heytallman

CTALL
I'm excited for PZ tomorrow! I'm going to bring a Wii, but I have no TV, so if anyone has a TV they can bring, we can set it up and I'll take the free entry fee haha

I'll need a lot of time to warm up tomorrow, so I'll be there right at noon, or as soon as I can. Hopefully I won't have a gay'd up bracket like last time, and the time before that.

I have a one-girl cheer squad coming at some point too lol

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
I play smash because im a nintendo fanboy. Saying I picked up a game just for ice climbers to win tournies is a joke. I play iceclimbers because I hang around Wobbles at times, and chose iceclimbers because I saw how he won all his tournies in the melee days. I played competitive melee for about six months and was able to win 14 MELEE tournies, with fox, and for brawl i have won 17 tournies and also ranked team number one for MLGpro gamebattles. I improved by playing online and I play everyone pretty well. There was a tournament at A-kon (Dallas) with 128 people and I beat Sethlon without even using a single chaingrab. Xyro you are no more than a complainer who enjoys to point fingers at concepts like top tier and low tier that do not truly matter in the first place.

ITS JUST A GAME.

You are not winning tournaments because, your focused on whats broken and fair. Its just a game and I play to win with a character other than snake and metaknight. People are now crying about ice climbers, so which charecter will be the next target? If you thought you didnt like falco you will learn to hate him more than ever now, since D4BA and I have came up with 0 death kills with falco.

Xyro is just yet another player amoung all the rest who complains of how broken MK, Snake, Ice climbers, DDDs grabs, falco grabs, and probably everyone else has something "broken" as well. with that said, every one is broken. So this game is even.

- There is no ZERO death killed by the iceclimbers, it only works on noobs . Everygrab except the down throw grab can be DI or teched out of.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
That's true... darn everyone mindgaming me with their DI when I try to do a down throw to nana spike xD. Because if they DI towards me I have to make sure she doesn't move at all, but if they DI away I have to make sure to move her forward a bit before the spike, and my neighbor has gotten good at mindgaming me with them, so it's basically only a 50/50 chance of it working :/

Xyro77

I play smash because im a nintendo fanboy. Saying I picked up a game just for ice climbers to win tournies is a joke. I play iceclimbers because I hang around Wobbles at times, and chose iceclimbers because I saw how he won all his tournies in the melee days. I played competitive melee for about six months and was able to win 14 MELEE tournies, with fox, and for brawl i have won 17 tournies and also ranked team number one for MLGpro gamebattles. I improved by playing online and I play everyone pretty well. There was a tournament at A-kon (Dallas) with 128 people and I beat Sethlon without even using a single chaingrab. Xyro you are no more than a complainer who enjoys to point fingers at concepts like top tier and low tier that do not truly matter in the first place.

ITS JUST A GAME.

You are not winning tournaments because, your focused on whats broken and fair. Its just a game and I play to win with a character other than snake and metaknight. People are now crying about ice climbers, so which charecter will be the next target? If you thought you didnt like falco you will learn to hate him more than ever now, since D4BA and I have came up with 0 death kills with falco.

Xyro is just yet another player amoung all the rest who complains of how broken MK, Snake, Ice climbers, DDDs grabs, falco grabs, and probably everyone else has something "broken" as well. with that said, every one is broken. So this game is even.

- There is no ZERO death killed by the iceclimbers, it only works on noobs . Everygrab except the down throw grab can be DI or teched out of.
firstly this is not xyro..

secondly seriously dude...

you need to like go chill out..

just chill..*******

KRDsonic

Smash Master
err... some people in the houston thread are just sad, seriously. Kailo IMed me on AIM and this is how it ended (seriously, some people get on my nerves).
The beggining of the conversation was just us talking about the tourny, then I mentioned that I saw Melee1's post and then...

Mozzulsbignose (8:28:23 PM): only reason to use icies is for cheapness period
KRDgardyan (8:28:32 PM): I've been using Ice Climbers since the beggining of melee because I like Ice
KRDgardyan (8:28:47 PM): I didn't even know what a chain grab was until brawl
Mozzulsbignose (8:28:47 PM): look you cant change my mind
KRDgardyan (8:28:53 PM): lol
KRDgardyan (8:29:21 PM): Ice Climbers are the most hated people in brawl >.>
KRDgardyan (8:29:27 PM): Ice Climber users*
Mozzulsbignose (8:29:33 PM): they will be banned first
Mozzulsbignose (8:29:39 PM): before snake a mk in usa
KRDgardyan (8:29:41 PM): they can't ban solo climber for me :p
KRDgardyan (8:29:44 PM): from me*
Mozzulsbignose (8:30:03 PM): yeah everyone does good with one ice climber btw
KRDgardyan (8:30:09 PM): lol
KRDgardyan (8:30:36 PM): I don't care if solo climber sucks, Ice Climbers are my favorite, and I would main solo climber in a tournament if they were banned while together
Mozzulsbignose (8:30:48 PM): meh
KRDgardyan (8:31:13 PM): IMO, if I win a tourny using my favorite, then I'm happy, if I change my main just to win, then I don't feel like I've accomplished anything
Mozzulsbignose (8:31:31 PM): yawn
KRDgardyan (8:31:33 PM): lol
Mozzulsbignose (8:31:41 PM): well firstly you wont win
Mozzulsbignose (8:31:44 PM): period
KRDgardyan (8:31:46 PM): doesn't matter
Mozzulsbignose (8:31:51 PM): then dont worry about it
KRDgardyan (8:31:58 PM): as long as I can use my climber :p
Mozzulsbignose (8:32:03 PM): meh
Mozzulsbignose (8:32:15 PM): be hated i dont care
KRDgardyan (8:32:24 PM): I wouldn'tve used yoshi against xyro in the first tourny I went to if all I cared about was winning xD
Mozzulsbignose (8:32:30 PM): just a *** like mk/snake usrs
KRDgardyan (8:32:58 PM): lol @ people honestly thinking hating on me will get me to change my main
Mozzulsbignose (8:33:13 PM): no thats why i said i dont care
Mozzulsbignose (8:33:23 PM): pick cheap characters and still lose ..i dont mind
KRDgardyan (8:33:27 PM): lol
KRDgardyan (8:33:52 PM): and since when are sheik, pit, yoshi, bowser, diddy, peach, and samus cheap? xD (All of my alts)
Mozzulsbignose (8:34:30 PM): ...gj having a million alts who prolly still suck

And then later...

Mozzulsbignose (8:45:51 PM): i know for a fact for the last 4 years things have been the same
Mozzulsbignose (8:45:58 PM): so yeah
Mozzulsbignose (8:46:01 PM): i dont care
KRDgardyan (8:46:09 PM): lolwut?
Mozzulsbignose (8:46:33 PM): like the same people have been just as goo at both games for the last 4 years
Mozzulsbignose (8:46:37 PM): around houston
Mozzulsbignose (8:46:46 PM): so go practice cg or something i dont care
KRDgardyan (8:46:51 PM): lol
Mozzulsbignose (8:46:56 PM): your almost as bad as melee1
KRDgardyan (8:47:00 PM): chain grabbing is banned in houston, remember? xD
Mozzulsbignose (8:47:14 PM): 3 grabs and a fair
Mozzulsbignose (8:47:17 PM): gj
KRDgardyan (8:47:19 PM): ok?
KRDgardyan (8:47:25 PM): the Fair can be teched
Mozzulsbignose (8:47:26 PM): still free damage
KRDgardyan (8:47:29 PM): unless you're a noob who can't tech
KRDgardyan (8:47:31 PM): so?
KRDgardyan (8:47:35 PM): falco can chain grab too
KRDgardyan (8:47:38 PM): and dedede
KRDgardyan (8:47:53 PM): and quite a few other characters as well
Mozzulsbignose (8:47:58 PM): good for them
Mozzulsbignose (8:48:05 PM): they dont get uncontested free damage
Mozzulsbignose (8:48:08 PM): er kills
KRDgardyan (8:48:24 PM): *cough* marth *cough* charizard *cough*
KRDgardyan (8:48:33 PM): only, theirs take no practice
KRDgardyan (8:49:05 PM): while Ice Climbers's chain grabs take at LEAST 50 hours to do anything with the chain grabs against people that actually know how to play
Mozzulsbignose (8:49:20 PM): good for you
Mozzulsbignose (8:49:28 PM): **** off now ..trash like you bother me
Mozzulsbignose (8:49:34 PM): honestly nothing you say matters
Mozzulsbignose (8:49:38 PM): youll learn that one day
KRDgardyan (8:49:44 PM): and that's why you constantly IM me right?
Mozzulsbignose (8:49:44 PM): block

Anyways, this is just an example of what I have to put up with all the time >.>

Doxa

Smash Rookie
blah, I just turned real sick :urg:

I hope I wake up tomorrow feeling alright. Pop, kami...I may not be going if I feel this bad in the morning.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So much drama...

Just play the game and use someone you like using. If you don't enjoy the game, well...you're kind of missing the point. :ohwell:

Good luck to everyone that goes tomorrow. Try your hardest and don't give up. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Eh? Of course I will go.

I just want to wish good luck to everyone. :)

Also, expect there to be at least two box fans tomorrow. They should probably be placed towards the rear near the restroom, since that area is always the most congested.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Woot, I'm hyped for the tourny tomorrow :D This should be fun. Also, I'm leaving behind everything negative that's been said here when I show up at the tourny tomorrow because I don't like to mix internet with real life :p

I'm looking forward to brawling some of the people here that I haven't gotten the chance to brawl yet. And I'm hoping to increase my sheik skills from this tourny :D

Shök

Smash Champion
Oh alright Rockettrainer.

Yeah me too.

There are a lot of people I havent played.

Top Bottom