• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

QraQ

Smash Ace
What time do you forsee this ending?
Cause ima be arriving late.

-DeeV8

P.S. Someone throw a smashfest while Im in town?

heytallman

CTALL
So much drama...
MOAR DRAMA:
Lucario sucks, punk!

What time do you forsee this ending?
Cause ima be arriving late.

-DeeV8

P.S. Someone throw a smashfest while Im in town?
Are you gonna be staying at the same place you were last time you were in town? We played once whenever you were here last time, I was a really crappy Jigglypuff player. I promise I'm better at Brawl though.

As for smashfests, people could probably make something happen, also, there's a Gamestop in Sugar Land that holds small tournaments every Saturday, there's usually a few people from here who show up

QraQ

Smash Ace
MOAR DRAMA:
Lucario sucks, punk!

Are you gonna be staying at the same place you were last time you were in town? We played once whenever you were here last time, I was a really crappy Jigglypuff player. I promise I'm better at Brawl though.

As for smashfests, people could probably make something happen, also, there's a Gamestop in Sugar Land that holds small tournaments every Saturday, there's usually a few people from here who show up
Ya im at the same place I was last time.
As for the sugar land tournies I wouldnt mind going if I could find a ride.
Thats one thing I hate about visiting I have no car to get around lulz.

-DeeV8

heytallman

CTALL
Ya im at the same place I was last time.
As for the sugar land tournies I wouldnt mind going if I could find a ride.
Thats one thing I hate about visiting I have no car to get around lulz.

-DeeV8
How long will you be in Houston? I'd give you a ride, but I'm going out of town on Tuesday, and don't get back until the 15th or so, and won't be able to go to the one the next day. After that I might be free to go

QraQ

Smash Ace
How long will you be in Houston? I'd give you a ride, but I'm going out of town on Tuesday, and don't get back until the 15th or so, and won't be able to go to the one the next day. After that I might be free to go
Ill be here till Aug 10th.
And appreciate the ride offer.

-DeeV8

firefox0801

Smash Rookie
Hey, about what time are people showing up today? I know it says before 12, but are you guys gonna get any friendlies in before it starts or something?

Popertop

Smash Champion
I know man I was just starting to get my **** together on that stage too.

If someone else can take me, I'm asking one of my friends from Humble if they can pick me up on the way.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
so i see this game still isn't as good as melee

i'm just wondering, why don't we still have melee tournies? is anybody up for a melee money match? i'm still pretty good ;)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Well, I got knocked out in the tourny so I'm home now. I had a lot of fun :D

I decided to go with Ice Climbers for the whole time to see how I would do, and luckily I didn't run into any meta knights. I lost my 2nd round to Seth (darn wall of lasers xD) and lost my 4th round to an Ike D: Darn suicide at the very beggining of the match lol. I don't mind though, because it was fun.

The only person I really chain grabbed was the first person I fought, and that was when they counterpicked snake against me. I choose to go all out against snakes, so I took out his first two lives without getting hit (I don't know why he never decided to tech) and then I started to have some trouble. He killed me afterwards, then killed my nana on my 2nd life so I took him out with my solo climber :D

Seth's falco is just... scary. I recorded my 2 matches against him so I'll probably upload them today.

Moogz had an ok Mr. Game & Watch, too much down smashing though, which is easily punished.

Zori: Fun friendlies. Looks like your wario is pretty good offline. The captain falcon ditto we had was pretty fun, I never use him, and I don't think you ever do either, which was something else that made it fun. And I won that one :D I remember using my samus against your Ike (I think it was) and it was pretty fun. Looks like samus is good against slow characters.

Jimbooo: Why did you say you were bad at stepmania? o.O you were good at it lol.

Oh yeah, I don't remember who it was that I had the Pit vs. Fox match against in friendlies, but that match had the funniest moment ever xD. As soon as I started chain grabbing your Fox with my Pit, it was funny seeing your jaw drop and everyone behind us shocked xD. It's fun discovering my own things against specific characters :p

Kailo: lol @ dumbest thing I've ever seen done before a tourny xD. "Hey KRD, I challenge you to a $300 money match". What kind of 16 year old walks around with $300 xD, that's the kind of thing you need to plan. Then you expected me to bet all the money I had and you would only bet part of the money you had for a MM. Sorry, but that's just dumb. I go to the tournys to have a good time, I could care less about proving myself there.
In a way, I thought it was funny how after I rejected your challenge you went out of your way to avoid me during the whole tournament xD. And those PMs you sent me before saying how you don't like Xyro and how he "rigs the brackets to always give himself a bye and only fight bad people," were just annoying, but after meeting you, it did seem like something you'd do, try to make someone look bad to make yourself feel better.

Other people I forgot to mention: It was nice meeting all of you there. Too bad I didn't get to have all of the matches that I wanted to have, but I had a good time and I hope all of you did too.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how I did. I won two and lost two, but I had fun, so I'm glad. It was also fun using a different name, though everyone still seemed to know who I was some how o.O Anyways, I used the name Tails Doll there, because of the "Tails Doll Curse" which I find funny.

My neighbor, who used the name jS, didn't do too bad either. He said he lost his first round to a pikachu spammer, then I watched the match of him against ABDK, who he beat, then he said he lost his next match.

heytallman

CTALL
I'm back too, had to pick up dinner for the family. I did OK, I got past the first round, then lost in the second round, then got past the first round in losers, then lost second round in losers. Although I feel if I had more practice, I could have done better (I haven't played since Popertop's smashfest, sadly). SHOUT OUTS:

RT, Gea, and Greatness: Good seeing you again, as always, we gotta get some practice in sometime, I was so rusty.

KRD: ROFL @ you not having any idea who I was. I was just like "K........R.........D....." and you were like "wtf are you?" I lol'd

Stiltz: Good stuff, as always. I also loved how you were just sitting up near the entrance for about the first half of the tournament.

TGM: Good tournament, as always. Unban Corneria plx. Also, epic lulz at you just randomly yelling out "HOLY SH*T!!!" at the most boring match of the whole tournament, and everyone rushing over to see what was going on.

DugFin: You brought infinite joy into my life whilst telling me about my Byes in the tournament bracket.

takeurlife: Wii power cord lol, but good talking to you again.

To anyone else who I had speaks with, but didn't mention here: Too bad.

Ricardo10

Smash Rookie
Wow!!! This tourney was fun. I was amazed I actually lasted a few lol. But yeah Take's Marth is amazing. The dittos were fun. I wasnt surprised he beat me lol

garrR

Smash Apprentice
great turnout. i had fun! i did alot better than previous tournaments. lost first round, had a 5 match streak in loser's bracket before losing again.

the two matches i lost were both close. i'm glad i didn't get slaughtered, but i'm a little frustrated because i felt they were winnable. oh well. gg's to everyone i played!

boredstill

Smash Rookie
yah i got back too. it was a good tourny. i'm kinda new to the whole posting on forums thing but i would like to make more contacts with good brawlers. if anyone was wondering who the hell i was at the tourny nd just not some random guy trying to fit in... i was the jigglypuff/snake named Bdstl (Boredstill), won 5 rounds lost 2, one to t-rex's snake =/ **** suicide. :(

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
Very fun tourny, I'm glad I got to go again.
I mained G&W this time instead of meta knight, because I didn't seem to be improving any more with him, and he started to get boring. I definitely could've won against that pika spammer, as zanmato showed me a few tricks after we got home.
Nice to meet you Jimbo and heytallman, I hope we get to brawl some more soon. If you don't know me, I was the dude hanging out with KRD the whole time. I think I'll really get some practicing done for the next tourny. I didn't get much practice in this time as I switched mains 3 times, but I think I'm finally at a point where I can stick for a while.
It was pretty cool seeing how you guys have improved, it looks like most of you at the tourny had a very distinct/defined fighting style.
Overall I had a very good time, and I can't wait to do it all again.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I believe the singles went something like this:

1. T-Rex
2. Dr Mario Kart
3. Mr 3000
4. Sethlon
5. Sandtrap?

I had NO business winning any of the last 4 matches that I won to clear the winners' bracket (Sethlon, T-Rex, Sandtrap, Mr3000).

I mustve been on a major luck streak or something. You guys got robbed by epic B spam!

Zori

Smash Champion
^^Hey Atleast hes honest :D. GG everyone I played, Fliphop for playing green power ranger gannon,krd ozz and that random dude that played ike. I want to personally thank the brackets for giving me t-rex me second match :D Tio you are too good. Also to 3000 even tho i didn't play you you did very well against 'that' metaknight You gave me hope for brawl. I had fun.

firefox0801

Smash Rookie
That tourney was great. I had a lot of fun, and ended up a lot higher than i thought I would. I got ninth... Xyro has the scariest Samus I've ever seen. I couldn't get near it with out a z to the face. I had some great matches with Take and that Wolf player Kalo I think. I was going by Dee at the tourney and I'll be sure to show up next time too. Maybe I'll get a match with T-rex like i wanted...

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
^^Hey Atleast hes honest :D. GG everyone I played, Fliphop for playing green power ranger gannon,krd ozz and that random dude that played ike. I want to personally thank the brackets for giving me t-rex me second match :D Tio you are too good. Also to 3000 even tho i didn't play you you did very well against 'that' metaknight You gave me hope for brawl. I had fun.
Oh, that was you :D. Beastly Olimar man. Sorry I didn't go all out though :(. I don't play my main during friendlies ^_^;

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Good games guys.
Shoutouts
Kalo-Dude we did great on teams. Sorry about CHUsing Pikachu. Bad Memories lol. Kirby/DK Wolf combination is just too good. What you think of that Dthrow with Wolf into grab with kirby into downthrow combo. CESARWTF FTW
GaRR- Dude what happened to you claming you're the Best Falco in TEXAS man... Wow haha JK you did great man, represent SWAT harder.
3000 and T-Rex- eww I had to face you guys like 20 matches all together from Singles and Teams Combined haha. Too intense
Sethlon- Haha GGs on teams, I should've pressed your injured hand for Injury Mindgames
Stiltz- We need to play more often! Once you figure out diddy you'll 3 stock me :(
RoyR- WHERE MY DRUGS AT
Take- Great MM man, your marth is really good. TOO BAD DIDDY IS BETTER OOOOOOOOOH TAKE THAT BEAUMONT ahha
Dug Finn- Next tourney I want my name right YA HEAR >:(
Kage- I'M THE BEST GANON IN THE UNIVERSE I SAID IT
COOH- Haha ITS MAHVEL BABYBEEEEEEE
TGM- Dude great tourney again man, can't wait for next Saturday
RT- Haha dude, good seeing ya the tourney again. LUKE-ARIO FTW
DMK- Grats on 2nd. I wanted to face ONE meta this tourney which I did not :(.

On a side note, anybody who watched my Diddy, any good tips for me.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Pl help me identify who mained who at this tournament. Plz post peoples mains....

1: T-rex (Snake)
2: Dr Mario Kart (metaknight)
3: Mr.3000 (sonic)
4: Sethlon (falco)
5: Gnes (metaknight)
5: Sandtrap (metaknight)
7: Xyro (samus)
7: Kalo Kross (wolf)
9: Stiltz (stiltz)
9: Dee (snake)
9: Andree (DK)
9: FlipHop (diddy kong)
13: Ozz (Falco)
13: TakeUrLife (marth)
13: Gar (marth)
13: Kuno
17: Blue J
17: Gea (peach)
17: See Why (falco)
17: Demon (wolf)
17: Tristan
17: Rocket Trainer (lucario)
17: Boredstill
17: Ult Razor (snake)
25: KRD (IC)
25: Guy
25: Terror (falco)
25: Azi
25: Bectle the Rectal Spectical (snake)
25: Ricar
25: Zori
25: TJ (lucas)
33: Lewis
33: Moogs
33: RRB
33: James
33: Boost (dedede)
33: C-Bass (marth)
33: Dkoy
33: Koz
33: Slick
33: Keith+Teeth (metaknight)
33: Richie
33: Capacitor
33: JCRX
33: Beast (olimar)
33: KK (pikachu)
33: Kuro
49: Defy (mario)
49: FooZero (falco)
49: HeyTallMan (lucas)
49: Gova
49: Kev
49: Black Wolf (wolf)
49: JS
49: Jimboooo (pit)
49: Rave
49: Afro
49: EJ8 (mario)
49: Enforcer (kirby)
49: Solo
49: Nemec
49: Samii (olimar)
49: Kage (toon link)
65: L
65: Dario
65: Brandon
65: Che
65: Nirvana
65: Dre
65: Go
65: Chaos
65: ABDK (meta)
65: Nore (peach)
65: Pipes (rob)
65: Triforce
65: Potatoe
65: Pikmin (fox)
65: JXG
65: YRM
65: Tmbjr
65: NoodleHead
65: Mr. Pow (diddy kong)
65: BadNewsBear (Pikacha)
65: Wotts (ZS)
65: Korl
97: Evollan (pit)
97: Stiga (pit)

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
I believe the singles went something like this:

1. T-Rex
2. Dr Mario Kart
3. Mr 3000
4. Sethlon
5. Sandtrap?

I had NO business winning any of the last 4 matches that I won to clear the winners' bracket (Sethlon, T-Rex, Sandtrap, Mr3000).

I mustve been on a major luck streak or something. You guys got robbed by epic B spam!
you got robbed by god when he made you so ugly

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Kailo: lol @ dumbest thing I've ever seen done before a tourny xD. "Hey KRD, I challenge you to a $300 money match". What kind of 16 year old walks around with $300 xD, that's the kind of thing you need to plan. Then you expected me to bet all the money I had and you would only bet part of the money you had for a MM. Sorry, but that's just dumb. I go to the tournys to have a good time, I could care less about proving myself there.
In a way, I thought it was funny how after I rejected your challenge you went out of your way to avoid me during the whole tournament xD. And those PMs you sent me before saying how you don't like Xyro and how he "rigs the brackets to always give himself a bye and only fight bad people," were just annoying, but after meeting you, it did seem like something you'd do, try to make someone look bad to make yourself feel better.
URGENT DOUBLE POST*
yeah well .... -_- you know what...everyone knows how good I AM and everyone knows how good YOU are...so..yeah im not gonna say anything..

Popertop

Smash Champion
URGENT DOUBLE POST*
yeah well .... -_- you know what...everyone knows how good you are and everyone knows how good you are...so..yeah im not gonna say anything..
lol epic fail.
KRD just owned you up the face.

Man the one tourney I don't go to and T-rex shows up?
When am I gonna get to play this guy?

I had some epic 3s matches with my friend today Ceaser.
I was playing Ken (he's my 2nd) and I did mp > hp > dp (he thought I was gonna super, so he tried to sweep after and missed) > lk > lk > SA3. It was epic mix up.
Then later I got random lucky beastly super combo,
and I totally pulled this out of my @$$ btw, but it went something like this:
mp > hp > EX DP > SA3 FTW!
I didn't even know you could cancel a dp or EX dp into his SA3.
It was so crazy.
Oh yeah, I'm going Ibuki (Main) Ken (2nd) Remy (3rd)

My friend was going mainly Ryu and I was going mainly Ken, but He's gonna main either Akuma or Sean.
Sean is soo terrible, but somehow he makes it work. I dunno.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Shout outs, *****ES!

Sethlon- WTF happened,son? No 1st place? No money? IS this the end of The maighty Sethlon?

Dr. Mario kart- You caused alot of upsets....VERY GOOD!

T-Rex- YOUR BACK AT THE TOP! I hope you enjoy your 600$ prize money! GOOD JOB, buddy.

Mr.3000- Im glad i finally got to play you. Thanks! You did well on teams....as USUAL!

Kalo- Tornados are TASTY!!!!!

Jimbo- Nice shirt...it was a paragraph of OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO's.

KRD- ROFLMAO

RoyR- stay in columbo

Jeremy Fiefer- SWEET! you still didnt show up! Whats new.........

Xyro- You got 7th out of 88 people.........and going ALL SAMUS?!?!?!?!? HOLY ****!

Kieth+teeth and Kama Kevin- thank you guys for going to the tourney. I truly hope you enjoyed it.

Razor and TJ- thank you for going as well. It means alot that you support my events.

Andre(hell)- Your GF is spicy! Dont trash her!

Gea- Thanks for help setting up TVs and shiz before the tournie. I really mean that!

Stiltz- Tier *****

FlipTop- You beat stiltz.......? WTF! AWESOME!!!!

Top Bottom