• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 39: Road to WHOBO event #1! - March 9th, 2013 - Houston, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I don't mind carpooling Bio if he wants to come. Diska on the other hand, I simply can't convince him at all to come back to Brawl. He's an XBOX360 junkie now <.< I mean, I play it too, but I haven't yet given up in Brawl. You guys would have to help me convince him...

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Is my scrubby Zelda really that missed? xD

But yeah, I'm super rusty. Don't expect too much from me, but I'll try to see what I can do. Also, I heard some people have been toying around with Zelda lately (competitively). Is this true?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yeah, I was trying to figure out who you were, and I saw 'Sheik' in your name, so I figured it might have been you - since you're the only Sheik I know of in TX.

I really look forward to playing with all of you again. You guys have probably improved a lot since we last played. Imma get wrecked xD

sheikamaru

jive
nope not at all. (i did take a couple of mks to game three tho) just swing by syncs place uninvited as the rest of houston generally does and wd-40! (unrust)

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I just saw your edited post about teaming with me. If Diska doesn't come (and I highly doubt he will), I will need a partner if I plan on doing the Doubles event. I need to get a free weekend sometime when school isn't bombarding me with work, and play a lot with you guys in friendlies ;o

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Sync can. When u come to Houston, you house with sync. It's the law.

Oh and if anybody has a 3ds, please bring it!

Xyro77

8 more days until HOBO 39, guys. If you are going, please bring a full set-up and please be early. Im running 4-5 events in one day.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing Melee and Project M on an advanced level for years now, but have never actually gone to any tournaments. I'm strongly considering coming to this one as my first. Is there anything I should know that's not covered in the OP?

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
Killick we already went through this process. I'm the king of the mighty mid tiers ever since whobo. I'll slay you (Again) (and again).

Xyro77

G-rabbit, I guess the only things that really aren't mention in the OP is:

1. Bring your own controller
2. Bring a full set-up

Xyro77

Roger that. Also, if I'm only interested in taking part in the P:M brackets, what time would you recommend arriving?

Hmm good question. For once, i cant predict the turnout for this event so its hard to tell you the time P:M will start. But if i HAD to pick, id say around 3 or 4 you should arrive. Ill start P:M around 5 or 6 so that gives you 2 hours to warm up vs the competition (trust me, you will need it because these guys are good).

If people bring enough set-ups, here is the order and time of events.

2vs2/1vs1=noon to 6pm or 7pm
Low+Mid 2vs2/P:M 1vs1=5pm or 6pm
P:M 2vs (if i have time) 6pm or 7pm.

The rest of the night will be devoted to finishing up whatever is not complete as well as friendlies in all games.

Xyro77

Mr doom, i guarantee sync will house you. they have a two story apartmen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom