• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 39: Road to WHOBO event #1! - March 9th, 2013 - Houston, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Sadly I've been neglecting my PT since I've been training up my TL. However I will enter mid-tier... wait PT is mid-tier now? I thought he was the king of bottom tier? If he's legal, I'll use him to see how far I can get. I'm no ReflexWonder, but I can't still represent as best I can.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its Mid Tier + Low Tier, so PT is perfectly legal regardless, but no the BBR hasn't realized he is garbage yet.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Confirmed Mid+Low 2vs2 Teams

Dojo : ness : + Xyro : samus :
Tesh : sonic : + Alsm : link :
Pwii : pit : + Esca : pit :
MarBar : pit : + Illmatic : peach :
Birdy : samus + MiniFox : ness :
PsychoAce : falcon : + Rave : ike :
Kilik : sheik : + Asa :ness :

People who need a teammate

Zano : peach :
Bomber : Pkmn Trainer :

Bomber7

Smash Hero
In all fairness, I might use Link for dubs. I've never quite gotten the feel for PT in doubs. No matter how many times I use him. Though, my Link isn't incredibly terrible either. Recovery aside, I'd definitely say my Link is better suited for low tier doubles than PT. I'll still train both of them so I'm prepared, but I just wanted you guys to know just in case someone desperately wants to team with me.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Thanks Sync! I can't wait to check out tour apartment. We need to have some serious friendlies. I want to see how your pocket TL has turned out.

jebus2

Smash Rookie
did the melee one get cancelled that was going to take place tomorrow at the same location

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll most likely learn something, but hey, I'm always looking to improve my Link, despite the fact I play him for fun.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The venue apparently had internet issues yesterday from my understanding, so definitely shouldn't livestream.

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
Went to insomnia and got indecisive players to want to come, apex brought too much hype, they rdy.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Just get them to email/call/text me for hobo info. Or show them this thread.

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
I assume they already knew about this thread, they were talking about it with tot/bc, but they were like idk, i heard the competition is hard/etc... so I cheered em up to come, saying it was a fun experience,etc... So idk.

Noh

Smash Rookie
I went to that insomnia tournament and I have 2 people confirmed in coming to the HOBO. Not sure about their other buddies that came but I'm sure they will tag along for the fun. As for setups ill try to ask them to bring a Wii+SSBB.

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
Welcome zano, feel welcome to drop by too. We love to hear from enthusiastic new players, I'll personally give all the amateur players tips on how to play the game to a bit higher level, u shud tag along, I can teach you how to fight ics/mk too.

Noh

Smash Rookie
LOL well I can't speak for my buddies but I don't have a problem getting 3 stocked by and MK/IC. I just keep coming back!

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Ignore me, I'm just being dumb lol. Always cool to see new people interested so bring anyone you can and they can decide for themselves if they enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom