• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 39: Road to WHOBO event #1! - March 9th, 2013 - Houston, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
You should definitely come for any time you can. Besides the money match, I'm sure you have lots of pika related knowledge I can learn from.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ladies and gents, please bring a full setup (Wii/ssbb/tv). If you truly can't, at least try and bring a Wii/ssbb.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I'm hyped! Hope we get an excellent turnout.
I'm bringing 1 possibly 2 full setups.
Anyone else want to MM? 5$ or less 2/3 10$ or more 3/5.

P.S. - I love pictochat.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
so, I tried to get tomorrow off, but to no avail. My only other option is to come on saturday, but I wouldn't get there til 5, so I'd miss the tourney, lol. I'd still like to cause I want to spend some time with houston on my vacation! I looked it up and the venue is about 20 minutes away from the bus stop, so is it possible for anyone to pick me up at that time?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey, my teammate and I will be arriving in Houston at around 12:15AM on Saturday. We're taking the Megabus, so if someone could kindly pick us up from the bus station, we'd appreciate it.

The bus stop is at " 815 Pierce St near Travis St".

Tesh

Smash Hero
Word is that the internet at the venue sucks, but we can try.

If anyone with a decent laptop want to record, I have a pinnacle moviebox if you are interested and I can bring it, just let me know. Otherwise I'll probably just leave it at home because i have no laptop.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'd do it, only my laptop has been experiencing some overheating problems (only when my computer tries to process something like a game or patch, etc). I'm going to look into finding someone who can clean my fan because that's the first solution that comes to mind. So yeah. :(

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
So, is there anyone willing to pick my teammate and me up from the bus stop tonight? We'll be leaving for Houston pretty soon. =(
The location is "815 Pierce St near Travis St", and it's at around 12:15 when we'll be there.

Noh

Smash Rookie
What time will the TO be at the venue? Because I am bringing a full setup and can come before 11am to set everything up.

Xyro77

Somebody PLEASE pick up doom/partner tonight. this is very important. mr Doom please post your phone number so people can contact you.,

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Are we actually starting this at 11:30? I'm gonna have to wake up early as **** to make that, so I'm just confirming that it won't really be later.

Xyro77

Mr doom, Illmatic will get you. Here is his number +1 (832) 513-9573 text him

Gunner, i might be a little bit later but not much more. i WILL start at 12:30 no matter what.

MiniFox5

Smash Apprentice
Sooo my partner can't make it to this anymore.

Does anyone want to team with me in reg dubz and/or mid tier dubz?

I use Olimar/Pikachu in reg

Ness/Yoshi in mid

Xyro77

LAST MINUTE INFO/REMINDERS TO THOSE GOING TO HOBO 39

1. Please be at the venue between 11-11:30am for sign-ups and warm ups. I will start between 12-12:30 and i will not allow friendlies during that time unless we are ahead of scheduled. If i catch you doing friendlies i auto DQ you from all events you have entered. Dont like it? DEAL WITH IT!

2. I am running 4-5 events tomorrow. Regular 1vs1/2vs2, Mid+Low tier 2vs2 and P:M 1vs1 (if there is time ill do P:M 2vs2). If we are falling behind and may not make it out of the venue by midnight, i will cancel side events. If that little tid bit of info scares you, please read #3 (below).

3. Please bring a full set-up. Wii/ssbb/tv. If you absolutely cannot bring all 3 items, please at least bring a wii/ssbb. No matter how good of a TO i am (and trust me, im down right GODLY) i cannot make a 50 man event finish on time with 4 set-ups. Set-ups determine the speed of ANY event. If you bring more set-ups, we finish earlier and/or get ahead of schedule and ill allow friendlies.

4. Though not required, if anybody can bring $5 bills and $1 bills, you will be shot straight up to the front of the line when it comes to signing up/entering events. I will need change badly due to that one ASS HOLE who gives me a 100$ bill.

5. If you need a partner for any event, please talk to me. I can help you find others who are in the same boat.

6. If you get lost, are going to be late, leave for food during the event or simply wanna talk to me about how you still wet your bed at night, im just a short toll free call away at 409 692 0697.

HOBO 39 RESULTS THREAD IS UP

http://smashboards.com/threads/lsc2-event-1-hobo-39-results-coming-on-3-9-2013.334806/

http://smashboards.com/threads/lsc2-event-1-hobo-39-results-coming-on-3-9-2013.334806/

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Thanks for the informative rainbow Xyro.
What time does the House of Sync close down? I could still leave tonight and get more sleep...

Xyro77

People will be up smashing ALL night. So if you showed up around 3-4am im positive people will be up.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
unfortunatelyyyyyy, I will not be making it tomorrow after all, things just aren't gonna work out for me in multiple ways. Perhaps I'll try just coming sunday? If not, I'll just wait for the championship til I arrive in houston again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom