• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 39: Road to WHOBO event #1! - March 9th, 2013 - Houston, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ok thats fine. i just need to be reminded of what tvs do the recording at this event.

HOBO 39 is 4 days away, guys. Please bring full-set-ups (wii/ssbb/tv) and help me help you have a better/faster event.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sync and I intended to have every setup recording (with the permission of the wii owners). We should be able to work it all out on friday though.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Assuming I can make it (Thanks, work. I only requested this off early last month.) then I'll be recording.

I have a new computer since last time so it will be good quality/fast uploads.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Plz no ugly textures, or really any textures at all.

You guys should put up a paper sign next to recording set ups say "SAVE REPLAYS" or something like that.

Igetitpoppin01

Smash Apprentice
I find it hard that ppl will save replays unless you're literally on their **** right after the match ends.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Gunner, you live for now.

Why can't I ever get a job that pays attention when I request something off?
Switched to "Maybe" because I don't want my name in the same group as TokyoGamer.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
You go to A&M? What's your name? In case you weren't aware, we have a club that meets every Friday at the MSC in the gaming area. You should come by if you haven't already. We'll be there this Friday.
The name's Garreth Casper. I'm aware about the Friday Fight Nights in the MSC. I have some friends who play Brawl, UMVC3, and Street Fighter down there. I know we have a big Brawl scene here on campus, but I stopped playing Brawl years ago, and started getting back into Melee and Project M. I met one guy named JJ who plays down there, and he's also into P:M. Him and I had a pretty good session once, but I never really followed up with him afterward. I haven't found any other P:M players since.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
JJ (whose alias is Loko) and I are gonna be at the tournament. We've both been getting into P:M lately and are probably gonna have a TV playing it on Friday. If you're still in town you should come down and practice with us before this tournament. We'd love to have another person to play with. My name is Wes Wehner btw. If you want to contact me my # is 210-232-5244.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I beat every toonlink that exists. WHEN I AM DEFEATED, YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO GET TOP 4.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I hate how you can't multiquote without scrolling back up to click reply on each post. I'm just mad that this site has been downgraded so much during the move.

P4, when we set up the SD cards, it will probably be music only and MAYBE textures for red/green lucario, sonic, puff etc. or most likely nothing at all (having the same music on every setup would be lame).

We can turn the results screen into a big sign that says "SAVE REPLAY" but ive tried that and it doesnt work either, we can leave it up to the specators to remind people...

OR

we can do forced replays, but you risk slightly slowing down sets and the tournament when a replay can't be saved at all (the system will basically get stuck because it cant save and move on, and cant move on without saving). this happens when a replay has too many inputs, regardless of match length. Ironically these are usually the best matches. every time this happens, you would need to reset the wii and turn the codes on again, which only takes 2 minutes but you might have to wait for someone that knows how to do it.

Xyro, you should probably print out the rules a few times since you aren't running Apex ruleset, just so people don't have to hound you all day for minor stuff. I can take care of this if you want, just let me know.

Brawlman I see you.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I hate how you can't multiquote without scrolling back up to click reply on each post. I'm just mad that this site has been downgraded so much during the move.

P4, when we set up the SD cards, it will probably be music only and MAYBE textures for red/green lucario, sonic, puff etc. or most likely nothing at all (having the same music on every setup would be lame).

We can turn the results screen into a big sign that says "SAVE REPLAY" but ive tried that and it doesnt work either, we can leave it up to the specators to remind people...

OR

we can do forced replays, but you risk slightly slowing down sets and the tournament when a replay can't be saved at all (the system will basically get stuck because it cant save and move on, and cant move on without saving). this happens when a replay has too many inputs, regardless of match length. Ironically these are usually the best matches. every time this happens, you would need to reset the wii and turn the codes on again, which only takes 2 minutes but you might have to wait for someone that knows how to do it.

Xyro, you should probably print out the rules a few times since you aren't running Apex ruleset, just so people don't have to hound you all day for minor stuff. I can take care of this if you want, just let me know.

Brawlman I see you.
1) That's why you don't save doubles via SD cards.
2) Put the best matches on a livestream setup that will be recording with a capture card anyway (so you don't need the SD cards).
3) After running forced replays on every setup at about 15 tournaments (or 20?), I can vouch that this rarely happens anyway (maybe once per tournament) unless someone gets the bright idea to try and save doubles with an SD card.

Also, just for your own sanity, I recommend that when you do registration, you take down people's in-game tags as well as their full tags so you can identify the replays later.

Tesh

Smash Hero
People around here switch tags ALL the time and I don't think we will be able to do timestamps accurately like you did at Smashcon.

Should I run a different codeset during doubles and then switch it for singles then? I've had this happen in long singles matches.

Do you namesearch "Alabama Smash League" on google or something?

We should probably take this to private messages now if you want to continue helping me with this.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Well, you can ask that people update you when they create a new tag, or you could ask people to list all the in-game tags they will use, or you can ask them to stick to one tag to help you out.

You can try to do the code switching, but it may prove more trouble than its worth. I'm not disputing that people want to watch doubles, but I am disputing that people want to watch every doubles match. I'd record the most hype doubles matches with whatever capture cards you have and leave the less hype ones to the abyss, then use the forced replay hack to get the singles bracket matches.

I occasionally search for Alabama on SWF.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think he said if time/setups allow. Hopefully project M people bring alot of setups.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Gunner, you live for now.

Why can't I ever get a job that pays attention when I request something off?
Switched to "Maybe" because I don't want my name in the same group as TokyoGamer.
You had 0 chance of beating me anyway...
But I'm sad you can't come, I was really looking forward to that MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom