• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 34: The final MK legal HOBO! FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
9: TypeX- It's always nice to see you Mr. Tom aka Mr. F-smash. Good job with the high placing, but you can do better. You still play gayer than me too :(
yeah, i wish i could have doen better too. i wanted to play pwii and trela. LOL how do i play gay?!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
im so bad at those =(, did you even go to the event?!
Yeah foo! I'm P4 lol, tall white guy with the red hoodie/shirt

We were talking about how you should have stayed at your friends place in downtown, and just practice on those things! You wanna know how to play gay, that's how :)

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
oh, whoops lol.

i think the first thing you said to me when i met you,
"and i am a campy Mk that will time you out"?

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I've never timed anyone out and I've never been timed out before. Closest I ever got was playing Bio like 6 months ago. I think it got down to like 30 seconds.

MJG

Smash Hero

4: MJG- Dude you've gotten so much better than mlg. The progress you've made as a TL and as a player is ridiculous. I know the loss against Trela was crushing, but it happens to all of us at one point in time. Jerm at one point felt the same way, and he's succeeded at beating Trel before. So can you. Keep improving, and I'm sure you'll accomplish your goal of crushing the TLK. But it won't be me LOL.
You have no idea lol...Ill try to improve before Apex.

Shoutouts!

Gnes: Thanks for the encouragement and thanks for the tips after our GFs set. That was definitely the hardest doubles matches that I have ever played. I hope you and razer win Apex!

Razer: You seem to be able to keep your composure all the time (even when you are down). Keep it up. Like I said earlier, I hope you and Gnes do work at apex.

Trela: Man...I haven't legitimately felt like I got out played in a long time until I fought you in bracket. I felt so helpless lol. I will have to figure out something in the future before I come across you in bracket. You are a very solid player (and an inspiring player at that). Good job trela!

Pwii: You have impressed me as well at this tournament. You and PJ had some silly moments during doubles and an impressive team. Good luck to you both in the future.

Denti: Good Games Denti. I already understood what you told me at sync's place and I honestly hope you continue to improve. You are a REALLY good player in my opinion and I hope that you do well at apex.

Illmatic: Best Peach? Yea. I want to see you create more upsets at apex!

Mekos: I didn't think it would ever have to come down to me wanting to play completely safe against lucas. You definitely opened my eyes during our set and reminded me that anyone can take their character and push them a step further. Thanks for the tips and all the support and good job at this tournament. I believe that you can only continue to improve from this point on.

TypEx: Play gayer. Gnes is right. You are such a smart player and your placing proves it since you don't even play this game anymore. It is always fun chilling with you. Thanks for driving us down to texas! See you at apex.

Fino: Bounce back and do work at apex. You can only look forward from here.

Zori: I think I fought every olimar at this tournament. You were the olimar that gave me the most trouble lol. You seem to always be cheerful and I wish I could do the same. Nice seeing you again Zori!

Domo: Thanks for asking me to come to Hobo. I am satisfied with 2nd place but you and I both know that we need to get better as a team. Let's go to apex and "just do stuff". Ill hit you up later

Sync: I hadn't really talked to you before this tournament and I am glad that I was able to. You are a really chill person and your olimar is impressive as well. We need to kick it at apex. Happy Birthday!

Yosh: You are another player that surprised me at this tournament. Keep trying to improve and just look forward from here on out.

Smoom: We never got to MM :(

PJ: PeeJay! Always fun to kick it with my brother. Good job doing work in doubles. Remember what I told you!

Bio:We never got to MM as well! Watching your ZSS in doubles against trela and sync was impressive.

P4: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Zeton: Remember what we talked about. Go in at apex

Batou: Fun games man. I think you should have started off as CF during our set. You are an underrated player and I see potential in you. Good luck at apex (if you are going)!

Mystic: I had no idea how much fun you were until the tournament. It was fun kicking it with you! Your pit impressed me as well!

Jerm: It was fun talking to you. Sucks that you are pretty much done with this game but there are more important things in this life anyways.

Strong Bad: "I know that feel"...fun kickin it with you as well

Xyro: Thanks for hosting Hobo!

See all of you at Apex!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I think what Gnes is getting at illmatic is that I traveled that long distance and didn't make any money at all and that sucks. I definitly thought midtiers was guaranteed if I could use my character and maybe get some in regular dubs. I don't usually travel to tourneys unless money is guaranteed. Thankfully I only lost money gained from other smash tournaments and the bonds built with Strongbad, fino, and MJG throughout our road trip was worth it. And meeting all of u! Even Xyro...I like Xyro in person haha.
Yeah, I understand and I thought the mid tier with no low tier thing was dumb too.
But it WAS in the rules.

You can't let one thing ride, because then EVERYONE would have said they had some gangsta *** Mario or something after they got knocked out and they weren't able to use it.

I was actually going to let you use Lucas against us (if I was able to), but I thought about it after we beat you the second time.. and then ya know.. it was too late, so yeah that's my fault lmaooo.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i think i fixed all the errors with characters+players on the OP. if i missed anything, let me know.

Tesh

Smash Hero
i think i fixed all the errors with characters+players on the OP. if i missed anything, let me know.
Looks like you completely ignored my corrections from earlier.

Pj used metaknight
Johrune used Olimar
I used Pit exactly as much as Sonic in the sets we won in mid tier.
I cant remember if i used wario in regular doubles but i did go mostly sonic.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
TV 4 was my setup...I put up all the vids I had before my laptop had to be used TIO purpose...I apologize, but it had to be done for the sake of the tourney...we barely had enough time as it was.

If you were able to save any replays (it didn't have unlimited replays), then let me know and I'll go back and record them. Otherwise, nothing I can do. :ohwell:

If I recall correctly, TV 1 and 3 had unlimited replays. You can contact those individuals to get any vids they have.

I recommend future tourneys have at least two non-recording laptops that can run TIO in case something happens.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
1: Gnes== I think we reached our Shikai release this weekend, I'm glad to hear you say me and Flip were a little hard lol, I was happy with how I played that set :). Good stuff on winning everything like always lol, now you must hand me the Diddy scrolls my master.
2: UltimateRazer== UltimateRat, wanna smoke that ganja bro?
3: Trela== Sorry about everything that happened this weekend
4: MJG== Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu
5: Pwii== Yo that drill
7: Illmatic== Yo that upsmash, Godspeed tho
7: Mekos== You turn down our mm :(
9: TypeX== SHDL
9: Fino== You gay bro, I wish you would have been one of those cool players and just gone to SV like everyone else but you had to camp platforms, it's whatever, I'm mainly annoyed I SD'd twice game 2
9: Zori== SCRAGGY
13: Sync== Skarrrrmory
13: Yosh== I don't wanna talk about >_>
17: Pj== Speak in clear sentences
17: Bio== Hey there
17: P4== FUUUUU
17: Batou== Oli is gay dude, Ima just camp them back with Diddy from now on
17: Jrugs== GGs in dubs, I wish we could have played singles again
17: FlipHop== Thanks for teaming with me Flip ^_^ I had fun <3
25: Strong Bad== Catch that shuttle loop brah ;)
25: Mystic== Dude keep playing like you did against Denti's first stock and you'll be solid, stop focusing on the ledge and learn to camp better on stage, the ledge just corners you
25: Kilik== KEEEEEEEEEEEEELICK
25: Leaf== Double rats will not prevail
33: Sama== :troll:

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Hell, I had my laptop in the car and it had TIO. You should have announced it and I would have been happy to bring it inside...

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
next time i host a tournament i will assume everybody has a laptop in their car with tio set up and ready to go.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, what's done is done. Hopefully it will never happen again.

MJG

Smash Hero
Domo "Sync is ****ing hilarious. The other night at syncs, he goes "Dude, im flying"

Domo shares my feelings towards sync in the sense that sync is hilarious and that we need to have a Sync in every region.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Lol thanks MJG. Man Kansas is so chill definitely the most I had in a while I was dead half the time LOL. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Apex!

And P4 quit lying you little **** it was game 3 on Castle!

:phone:

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol thanks MJG. Man Kansas is so chill definitely the most I had in a while I was dead half the time LOL. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Apex!

And P4 quit lying you little **** it was game 3 on Castle!

:phone:
Nah brah, that was a friendly set

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Domo "Sync is ****ing hilarious. The other night at syncs, he goes "Dude, im flying"

Domo shares my feelings towards sync in the sense that sync is hilarious and that we need to have a Sync in every region.
Sounds like mw needs to sync up w/ Texas.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
1: Gnes== Amazing player. That diddy is too good! I saw u clutch those matches against Trela good stuff. Esam always tells me to relax and now I think I understand watching u and razer play. U guys are just so chill while u play. Imma steal that from yall! haha. I'm rooting for you, esam, m2k, or Fow to win apex singles. Do it big!!
2: UltimateRazer== OMG! I see why u are viewed as the top snake. Those setups against the thousand olimars in Texas was so sexy. I was like he is cutting off all options lol
3: Trela== Yo u were so close to beating gnes and razer. Ull get em next time. Apex is yer day.
4: MJG==Our set was awesome! Hope it gets uploaded. Fun time teaming with u for midtiers. U and domo get that practice in. I want big things from yall at apex doubles!
5: Pwii==Cool meeting u in person!
5: Denti==Yo Denti...we met at genesis 2. Awesome seeing u again. Now I'll never forget u haha. (AIB inside joke)
7: Illmatic==Fun set! Keep repping that peach!
7: Mekos==
9: TypeX==Howdy!
9: Fino==We tried are best in dubs! It was fun. My advice is to relax on the theory crafting so much. Some times u have to just feel it and go with what yer experience has taught u. Smash is a game of two brains fighting against each other or 2 on 2 brains lol.
9: Zori==Yo u are too funny! We gotta meet again at apex! That luigi was ****** in midtiers lol
9: Domo==Good mk! U and MJG better do work at apex!
13: Sync==Real chill dude man. Happy bday again. If u and Trela wanna practice teams on wifi let me know!
13: Diska==I think you are the person who I rejected the money match. Sorry but after losing every event I don't feel like doing money matches haha. Personal issue I guess
13: Yosh==hey!
13: Smoom==Good matches man! Hope I gave u some good lucas training!
17: Pj==Yo u are the biggest troll in the world. But u know what I like about u. U are the same person over the internet that u are in person. I respect that haha. Some people just hide behind a computer and that is not u lololol. Real cool dude
17: Bio==Fun set. Nice tricks with the armor pieces with ZSS!
17: P4==Texas was fun. Thanks
17: Zeton==hey
17: Batou==hey
17: Jrugs==hey
17: FlipHop==Good set. Yer diddy had some great tech skill!
17: Johrune==was up!
25: Strong Bad==Yooo fun meeting u. See u at apex buddy.
25: Swaka==hey
25: Mystic==hey
25: Kilik==hey
25: Kirby==hey
25: Leaf==hey
25: Mocha==hey
25: Tesh==Texas was fun pal!
33: Wyatt==hey
33: Teege==hey
33: Michael==hey hey hey!
33: p-rik==hey
33: Sama==howdy!

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Mekos- Great set, never realized how fast Lucas racks damage up. 5 seconds = 60% lol. So intense.

BioDG

Smash Ace
ZSS/Kirby. It's cool.

Looks like you completely ignored my corrections from earlier.

I cant remember if i used wario in regular doubles but i did go mostly sonic.
You used wario one time.

Sync.

Smash Champion
1: Gnes== Keith, good job on winning :] Thanks for talking to me during the tournament it really helped me and you always know what to say when I'm upset! Thanks :]

2: UltimateRazer== You wouldn't talk to me the whole tournament ******* :[ good job on winning teams and doing well in singles yet again! Please come over so we can practice!

3: Trela== My partner! We will talk about team things soon and I think I might have some good ideas for once in my life haha. Great job on always doing great and I'm sorry things didn't quite go your way... I believe in you and I know you can do what you told me you'd do at Apex.

4: MJG== MJG chillin with you was the ****!!!! Man I haven't had that much fun in a long *** time. You know I can house you and Kansas whenever. Also, you are a ****ing genius! Definitely the best Toon Link! You do things I've never seen before and PJ has made me watch like every TL video ever too. Anyway, keep it up and you'll wreck Apex for sure

5: Pwii== That drill is looking sharp mah boi. Make that leap of faith at Apex and come over and practice! Keith'll pick you up(I'll make him do it)

5: Denti== Denti you're so good! I know that loss was tough but remember, everything you go through win or lose is a learning experience! Just take what happened and make the best out of it! If you ever want to talk about Olimar things hit me up!

7: Illmatic== u avoid me y I want to play you for serious

7: Mekos== Mekos it was nice meeting the doubles god in person! I look forward to playing you in doubles again :] Thanks for coming down to see Texas! You're welcome to come back down whenever!

9: TypeX== Our set was fun! I learned a lot and I'll be ready for you next time :p

9: Fino== It was nice meeting you finally Fino! Thanks for showing me the things you did. I appreciate any advice from the great Olimar genius!

9: Zori== Luigi tho :troll: come over so we can practice Pokemon troll guy arms

9: Domo== Thanks for playing me in all those friendlies! I definitely learned a lot about the MU and myself! You'll do amazing at Apex and you WILL make those upsets! Keep at it and you and Kansas are SO fun to hang out with lol

13: Diska== Geat job beating Zeton! I was so surprised when I heard that because Zeton is really good! Keep at it man you can only do better from here!

13: Yosh== Great job at this tournament! You're always getting better and better! We didn't play though :[ thanks for driving down!

13: Smoom== Fun MM! I learned a lot about this stupid MU! Thanks so much for playing me in all those SUPER close games (except game 1 lol :p)

17: Pj== SHADOW1 keep practicing with me you ******** *** sparring partner. It's your fault we placed low because you were out first lol. Anyway, it looks like we are NEVER destined to play eachother in tournament too haha. Keep getting better and never give up on me or yourself! All we can do is keep getting better together and **** at Apex! Good job as usual in teams 2nd best toonlink <3

17: Bio== Close sets at this tournament! Thanks for playing me in a MM Bio! There is still so much for me to learn in this MU! You're always impressive and always improving. Keep it up!

17: P4== We are always salty together :] Come play me more and you'll never lose to Olimar again!

17: Zeton== Dude it was fun teaming with you back at my house lol. You play a ****LOAD of characters for like no reason. It's pretty amazing XD Your set with Trela was fun to watch because it was SO fast paced. Keep at it and I hope to see you soon!

17: Batou== Dude great job with Captain Falcon! Work on that Wario and have it ready for the next tournament! I can't wait to see it!

17: Jrugs== Dude it was so nice to see you! You're doing better and are as nice as ever! Good job beating Leaf that MU is tough trust me...

17: FlipHop== Flip! I didn't really see much of you but when I did it was fun! You and Tiff are so you cute too lol

17: Johrune== Nice Olimar and Fox! Good job beating Tesh (he gets close with me) and I think on Yoshi's too! Good ****! Thanks for coming down!

25: Strong Bad== Nice to meet you and thanks for coming down! We didn't get to play, but we should in the future!

25: Swaka== Dude keep working at your Fox! It's getting better and better! Don't worry about Snake too much... EVERYONE has their weaknesses.

25: Mystic== I hate you you troll! Nah just kidding. But why didn't you be gay against Denti???? You never leave the ledge against me but why are you nice to him? Anyway great job at this tournament and like I said, you keep getting better and I hope you now have tangible proof that you are

25: Kilik== KEEEEEEEEEELIK quit playing LoL all day

25: Kirby== I heard you did really well against Trela! Keep it up and it was nice to see you again!

25: Leaf== Leaf-du! Bounce back from this and get ready to **** at Apex! Come over and get some practice! Gnes can call you rainbow dash all day

25: Mocha== I'm was really upset when we had to play first round... I play you at like every tournament :[ but anyway, great games! You took me to last stock both games and were very on point with everything in your matches... sorry about that SD

25: Tesh== Don't quit mister 8 minute man! You trying (or actually doing) a timeout is very helpful for everyone in Houston whether they want to accept it or not! Keep at it :]

33: Sama== Gimmie yo 3DS and MM at AW:DR

Top Bottom