• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 34: The final MK legal HOBO! FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Mid tier is mid tier ONLY. Look at the ****ing tier list.

:phone:
But why dude? Low tier are worse than Mid tier. It's like in Pokemon, if you play UU (under used) you can only use UU and NU or anything that's under UU so you can't use OU or Ubers. In Smash terms it's like Uber is god tier, OU is high, UU is mid, and NU is low.

It just doesn't make sense to have characters that are worse be excluded. Isn't the point of mid/low tier events to get people to play something other than high/top tiers?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Hasn't this conversation already happened?

I thought it all got down to Xyro saying "Because it's what I want."

Why not just hold a low/mid tier event, combining the names should be good enough.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
MJG putting in work
GOD KAIS!

Gonna put in work at Apex too

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hasn't this conversation already happened?

I thought it all got down to Xyro saying "Because it's what I want."

Why not just hold a low/mid tier event, combining the names should be good enough.
There we go.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Whoever had the Wii set up on TV 3, can you upload the matches that were saved? I think I had a couple on there that I'd like to see. I'll do shoutouts tomorrow when I'm killing time at work. Thanks for another Hobo Xyro and everyone else!

Gnes

Smash Master
The two main tvs have team matches that I want up, including matches against trela. Idk who's wi'si it was. It was tv's 1/2 to clarify. There's also matches against razer on tv 7 I would like to be uploaded. I think that one was tesh's wii.

Tesh

Smash Hero
My wii was like...4 I think and someone rebooted it without hacks so there aren't any replays here cept Where a ZSS JV 3 stocks an Olimar.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i had fun, slightly disappointed in myself that i lost to illmatic cause i wanted to play pwii in singles as well as salty runbacks on trela.

PJ i hope you get me next time. your skill has taken leaps and bounds from the last time i played you

sync: glad to see your olimar isn't gay like your MK was.

iillmatic: thank you for the peach experience. now its time to move on and update my metagame for IC's

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Fun tourney yall! Texas is such an awesome state. The weather was beautiful and yall's smash scene is real nice and chill. Lol man yall are Olimar country!!!

Gnes, Trela, Sync, and PJ thanks for letting us stay with yall. Just let me know when yer in NC, I gotchu!

Just got home, so shoutouts later. Oh and if that set between me and MJG got recorded could someone upload it. That set was pretty awesome, even with a timeout haha.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Visiting my parents in Kansas for Christmas break so I traveled with Kansas smashers down to Texas.
Helped em drive and stuff.

Had so much fun I may plan to go to the WHOBO. If so I'll make sure to have one of my teamates with me to challenge the great Gnes and Razor dynasty!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
P4, mid tier is mid tier only. Low tier is low tier only. Mid tier+low tier is mid tier+low tier only. Each have their own purpose. This isn't hard to see.

Deal with it.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Crap, I was not at my best at this tourney. I hope next time will be different. But it was fun and I'm grateful for the experiences with so many great OoS/OoC players!

Shoutouts later.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
Bio (ZSS) had a bunch of matches with a Snake, white color. Those were for training, but I think he saved a few. Please do not upload them, anyone who may have them. Thank you.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Bio (ZSS) had a bunch of matches with a Snake, white color. Those were for training, but I think he saved a few. Please do not upload them, anyone who may have them. Thank you.
lmao?

I've never heard of someone NOT asking for videos to be uploaded.
Seems like someone got exposed.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I always thought mid tier involved low tiers too? At least it used to, or maybe it's only texas that does this, lol.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
lmao?

I've never heard of someone NOT asking for videos to be uploaded.
Seems like someone got exposed.
No, I did fine in those games. But I don't want to have people upload stuff when I'm not trying, or when I'm playing simply to experiment/learn a matchup casually.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
@ Tesh yes, that's what I'm saying. However, I don't like people judging me online based off of my experiments.

@ Robfox thank you, I didn't realize he was ranked or anything until after I played him lol

Xyro77

I always thought mid tier involved low tiers too? At least it used to, or maybe it's only texas that does this, lol.
Mid tier has always been mid tier only. It's just that some TOs allow low tier and incorrectly call it MID TIER.

BioDG

Smash Ace
@Diska: I understand your concern, but you can't stop others from wrongly judging you nor will you be able to hide your shortcomings as you compete (Tesh ALWAYS uploads my worst matches, for instance). I saved them because the only thing we can, and should, be responsible for is improvement. If I made you feel uncomfortable, I apologize, as that wasn't my intention.

But don't worry, I saved one win from me and one win from you. :]

Tesh

Smash Hero
Actually I used to always upload like...everything. Which was like 20-30 friendlies of some sort per tournament. I just used to win most of the time so u mad. :awesome:

Nike.

Smash Hero
I didn't like it all that much.
The cloths they made Natalie Portman wear pissed me off for some reason lol.

Gnes

Smash Master
I dont know of any other high profile region that does that with their mid tier events. Don't remember it happening in melee either. Whatever...i just feel bad for mekos who got screwed by a weird event criteria.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well then, next tourney should have mid+low tier...so everyone can finally be happy.

All the vids I managed to get are up. Not much, so enjoy them.

Xyro77

I didn't like it all that much.
The cloths they made Natalie Portman wear pissed me off for some reason lol.
She was a REBELLIOUS KID in that movie and her family wasn't really that rich. IMO the style of clothes fit her.

I dont know of any other high profile region that does that with their mid tier events. Don't remember it happening in melee either. Whatever...i just feel bad for mekos who got screwed by a weird event criteria.
Any region that does a "mid tier" event does not in fact do a "mid tier" event. They do a Mid tier+low tier event and incorrectly call it a "mid tier" event(this is FACT). Sorry im calling the event by the CORRECT term and allowing the CORRECT characters in. Its not "weird criteria", its following the ****ing tier list u banana throwing poop eater. Btw, go read the tourney thread OP, it states EXACTLY what tiers are allowed. Its been up there since i made the thread so there is no johns when it comes to "omg lucas isnt allowed??!?!?! i thought it was low tier+mid tier?!?!?!?"

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
He got screwed over for not being able to use his main? I guess everyone who doesn't main mid tier got screwed over.

What if everyone used low tier characters in a mid tier event? It'd be low tier.

Allan is right. DEAL WITH IT.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I would prefer it to be mid+low tier, but xyro's right. A list of what tiers allowed in the event has been on the OP the whole time.

Xyro77

He got screwed over for not being able to use his main? I guess everyone who doesn't main mid tier got screwed over.

What if everyone used low tier characters in a mid tier event? It'd be low tier.

Allan is right. DEAL WITH IT.
translating quote..........

Top Bottom