• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 29=Mid Tier 1vs1 Edition! 12/11/2010! Please bring full set-ups!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
guys, this is not a thread to talk about other tournies. its HOBO/HOUSTON/XYRO thread.....ONLY.

@yosh. i do not know the head coun but i guess it wont pass 40 entrants because of the ****ty date. i told DA that december was horrible but he insisted so we will just deal with lower turnout than normal. i do have an idea. if turnout is TOO low i may do some extra events. ideas?

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
if turnout is TOO low i may do some extra events. ideas?
Heh, you know I'll suggest low-tier anything all day long. Hmm... Maybe an amateur bracket? It's something that Ran does for people who get out early in the tournament because a bad bracket placement or they have an off day or something. You could take like 5 or 10 bucks out of the pool for the main tournament and the amateur bracket could be free. Whoever wins that, can get their entry fee back at least and some bragging rights.

I dunno, just a couple of suggestions.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Bunch of things:

Batou, do you know where you're being housed? I'd like to work on some teams with you if we could before the tournament.

Xyro, just out of curiosity, do you have a headcount for this? Regardless of how big/small the tournament is, I'll still be there. I'm just wondering

Sync, did you ever get that package? You should have gotten it on Friday give or take a day.

PJ/Sync, I'll be asking one of you guys for housing soon assuming one or both of you have room. I just wanna know where Batou is staying first.
This depends on where Denti and I are going to be housing at during HOBO...probably more than likely at Sync's or PJs place...however after my last visit, I don't think PJ will let me house anymore lol but I dunno we'll see.

Tesh

Smash Hero
All MK would be fun. MK only doubles or a "High Tier Only" event would be cool too.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Well I don't want to disturb your sleep LOL like the last time but if you allow it man I appreciate it bro :D
And PJ, if you don't mind, Kirby and I would love to stay with you as well. Let me know if you can man.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
An items tourney like that of whobo1 sounds very fun and appealing but I don't believe Allan will do it. He'll probably only do low tier and mid tier events.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Xyro tried to do an ISP tournament at WHOBO2, but I don't think there was enough interest for it to take off, so he canceled it.

:069:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If an ISP tourney is held, I'm just gonna run away for 8 minutes.

Trela

Smash Lord
We must show everyone what Pichu and Shuckle can do, Allan.....

Oh, and someone team with my Jon Bon!

EDIT: Please, Allan! Let's do some Tier of Mid Doubles!

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
+1 for ISP teams

I would also assume that the next Hobo (Hobo 30), there would be mid-tier teams since Xyro said there wouldn't be low-tier until WHobo3, so nothing against mid-tier, but it might be better to hold off on it until the next Hobo.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
yes, illmatic. MT singles WILL happen. im only offering a 4th event because turnout MAY be lower than normal. if i get below 40 i will do the 4th event.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I also vote for ISP teams.

Sheik is terrible with items, though. Guess I'm using Luigi for it.

:069:

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Mid tier teams=Sync/Tela/Xyro
ISP teams(no mains)=Yosh/razer

yosh, what are u saying????
I could have sworn that you said at the October Hobo that when we did low-tier singles, it was gonna be the last low-tier event until WHobo. I can't find a post of you saying it so maybe I'm just completely crazy or maybe you said it on AIM to me or something. I dunno, I was under the impression that Hobo 28 was the last LT one until WHobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom