Unity Ruleset Committee Member
- Aug 25, 2003
- Switch FC
- 5440 9697 6404
Venue: Fun Plex
Date/time: December 11th, 2010. Be there by 11am and we start at 12:30pm (If you are late, there will be an extra 5$ fee because I HATE late people).
13700 Beechnut St.
Houston, TX 77083
If you have problems, call Xyro (409-692-0697) or DeAngelo (281-690-0315)
Address specifics: GO THROUGH THE MAIN ENTRANCE of FUNPLEX. Once inside, pay for your wrist band and continue going straight untill u see a MASSIVE stair case in the MAIN AREA. Go up the stairs, take a RIGHT and you will see the tourney room(if all else fails, ask the front desk where the tournament is). If you DO NOT have a wristband you will be asked to get one and if you refuse, you will be taken out of the venue by police(the cops).
Venue Website: http://www.funplex.org/home.html
HOBO 29 Fees/Events: Entry=8$ wrist band, Reg 1vs1=10$, Reg 2vs2=20$(10$per person), Mid Tier 1vs1=5$
AiB link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11022
Live stream/Twitter: http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series
Go to http://www.hotels.com/ and type in the address to Fun Plex. it will show you ALL the hotels closest to the venue.
If you want free housing, please make a post in this thread! In general, the following people can house players:
Please PLEASE please bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb). Set-ups MAKE or break the speed of a tournament, so please help me out.
Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Lylat Cruise
Counter-pick: Brinstar, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise,Pokemon Stadium 1 , Halberd, Castle Siege, Delfino, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2
Banned: Everything else. YOU CANNOT PLAY ON ANY OTHER STAGE. PERIOD!
1-19 players = 80 / 20
20 - 39 players = 60 / 30 / 10
40 - 79 players = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 players = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ players = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔
1-9 teams = 80 / 20
10 - 19 teams = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 teams = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 teams = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ teams = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔
1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8 minute timer
2. Items are set to "off" and "none"
3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
For Game 1 of each set, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike 1 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 2 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.
11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.
The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.
Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Plainking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.
MetaKnight Ledge Grab Limit Rule
ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).
Stage Gliding Rule(metaknight ONLY)
Due to recent events of M2k vs Meep/Gnes, i have created the Stage Gliding Rule. Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.