• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 29=Mid Tier 1vs1 Edition! 12/11/2010! Please bring full set-ups!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Both are legit.
Luigi is easier. Has better MU's than Sheik.
Sheik makes you work harder for the win.
They are both about the same. I'm better with Sheik, though.

It's too bad I can't change to Zelda. It'd really help with a few mid-tier match-ups. =/

:069:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Possible MID TIER entrants

Shlike==:sheik:
Poltergust==:sheik:
Tree==:sheik:
Esca==:pit:
P4==:pit:
Trela==:pt:
Zigsta==:pt:
Xyro==:rob:
Sync==:rob:/:wolf:
Krd==:wolf:
Leaf==:kirby2:
Illmatic==:peach:
Pj==:toonlink:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
PJ, use Sonic.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Probably not.

We've had back to back to back tournaments since October. We still have two more tournaments this weekend, and next weekend. Even though Laurel's RageQuit was hyped, you can just see that everyone was already being drained by the WEEKLY tournaments (MLG Dallas included).

In other words, after Thanksgimping on November 27th, I doubt anyone will have the will or energy to come to HOBO29.

Hard johns, but johns nontheless. 6 back-to-back-to-back tournaments is no joke.

At the same time, I haven't ruled out the possibility of going. I'm just saying that at the moment, the likelihood of me taking everyone's money in MidTier singles San Antonio going is pretty much zilch.

Xyro77

Probably not.

We've had back to back to back tournaments since October. We still have two more tournaments this weekend, and next weekend. Even though Laurel's RageQuit was hyped, you can just see that everyone was already being drained by the WEEKLY tournaments (MLG Dallas included).

In other words, after Thanksgimping on November 27th, I doubt anyone will have the will or energy to come to HOBO29.

Hard johns, but johns nontheless. 6 back-to-back-to-back tournaments is no joke.

At the same time, I haven't ruled out the possibility of going. I'm just saying that at the moment, the likelihood of me taking everyone's money in MidTier singles San Antonio going is pretty much zilch.

I will go to hobo 29

Its free money in MT so there is no excuse to miss it.

Xyro77

espy is a wimp.

espy: "back to back tournaments really effect my spin dashes"

espy is a wimp.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What are you talking about? That was Sync, not me. <_<

Also, don't dodge the question...will you use Sonic?

Denti

Smash Master
@ espy - How on earth is back to back tournaments draining enough for you to miss hobo?! Come and give me practice!

I guess I don't understand because I travel over 3 hours outside my region (they host no tournaments) every weekend, no matter the cost, to any tournament because I want to get better no mater what it takes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Do six tournaments back to back, Denti. SIX tournaments, one every WEEKEND.
It's not just me, it's my community.

It's draining on the spirit, the body, and the wallet.

Denti

Smash Master
But I have drove a tournament each weekend since September and the only reason I took a break for a weekend was because I had a date LOL

but I really do understand about your community and money. I hope you do make it

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Espy you have a tourney on December 4th? If not that could be your break. Plus im going to thanksgimping! Return the favor :) I've done 6 tourneys in a row before. No johns :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Again, it's less about me than it is about the community here in San Antonio.

Like it or not, I'm completely dependent on a few key people for going anywhere OoT (JUJ and Nike), and they're dependent based on how fat their wallets are. If they have no money/car/opportunity, we (SA) have no chance. Add in the fact that many of them are losing OoT cash every weekend for the last six weeks, and you can see why we're struggling to confirm anything at the moment.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
Bunch of things:

Batou, do you know where you're being housed? I'd like to work on some teams with you if we could before the tournament.

Xyro, just out of curiosity, do you have a headcount for this? Regardless of how big/small the tournament is, I'll still be there. I'm just wondering

Sync, did you ever get that package? You should have gotten it on Friday give or take a day.

PJ/Sync, I'll be asking one of you guys for housing soon assuming one or both of you have room. I just wanna know where Batou is staying first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom