• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 24=May 8th, 2010! Bring wii/tv/ssbb for free drink!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TBH it's the same ****, anybody outside of top5 doesn't really matter. OOSers aren't going to be like OMG i got to play TX ranked 9ths... the only people OOSers are going to worry about is the top5.

Then why have 6th-10th if it doesnt matter? The TRUTH is, it DOES matter its just you guys wont admit it(if it truly doesnt then why dont u delete 6th-10th). PRs are supposed to represent tx's skill as accurate-ly as possible for the rest of the world to see when they pass by. To have ******** *** requirements that alienate players who are clearly top 10 material is wrong and doesnt do this state justice. That is why i run my events the way i do. I use the tx pr as a GUIDE but i take it with a bag of ****ing salt cause its not so good.

But i do thank you for accepting roy is good and should be higher than he currently is.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
It doesn't matter.. tbh I kinda hope roy gets priority over me.. for all I care you can put me as last seed so i can just strike 4 neutral starters in 1 go. If you are doing seeding though make sure EVERYONE gets seeded... and you follow tournament bracket structure with proper seeding.

CY

Smash Ace
I better see CY make a comeback at this
I planned on it but I have to work that week. :(

on the bright side deeper in the summer i'll be going to more tournaments(or plan to atleast). the desire to play this game just isn't the same anymore.

EDIT: also this is just a random curveball suggestion to increase the attendance for HOBOS. I noticed for a lot of the tournaments out there(even for lower turnouts), the pay usually includes 1-7th or 1-5th or something like that. I know winning money, no matter what the amount is, is encouraging to everyone. It also gives a chance for others to get paid besides razer, dojo, gnes, etc etc.

Xyro77

It doesn't matter.. tbh I kinda hope roy gets priority over me.. for all I care you can put me as last seed so i can just strike 4 neutral starters in 1 go. If you are doing seeding though make sure EVERYONE gets seeded... and you follow tournament bracket structure with proper seeding.
Assuming the "*" dont show up, these are the seeds. Now if any of the "*" show up then the seeding will change.

1. Razer
2. Gnes
*Lee(if he goes)
3. Royr
*Dphat(if he goes)
*Hyro(if he goes)
4. Ozz
*FK(if he goes)
*Jnig(if he goes)
5. Trela
6. Dao
7. FlipHop
8. Jerm
9. Esca
*CY(if he goes)
10. Xyro
*Yosh(if he goes)
11. Smoom
12. RT
13.PJ
*RanIj(if he goes)
14. P4
15. Tallman
16. Furbs
*Tree(if he goes)
17. Riot
* the normal 15 random players

In fact u can pretty much fill up THIS bracket right now if u wanted to. The only diff in my seeding is that i will make 1 and 3 fight and 2 and 4 fight instead of 1 and 4 and 2 and 3.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure I won't do well at this event with this ruleset, but I'm looking forward to the other events.

And I 100% agree with CY.... payouts should be 1-5/7th if we get at least 40 people, it really motivates the players. I know if I have another tourney I'm gonna pay out top 5. I'm sure razer/gnes wouldn't mind either... infact I think I brought it up to Gnes and he said he was cool with extended payouts.

Gnes

Smash Master
When the **** did the argument turn to me and roy. Lol roy is easily better than me right now and gets the higher seed. I thought the argument was dphat and roy lol. AND DPHAT IS COMPLETELY RIGHT, being 9th or 10th on a PR doesn't mean ****, I'm shooting for top 5 in state, anything less I won't care about.
Exactly...the argument was never ozz vs roy lol....my point exactly...

Alan..it never was about me...but dphat beat someone who is top 3 on the PR...goes even with razer, and loses to Dojo like everyone else. As i said i could care less now...your biasness/attitude is effecting more things than u know.

If its about pr discussion, i dont really care. If u post in the pr thread il/others will gladly handle it there. No need to flood this thread with it. This debate was about roy vs dphat. Now i want u to take what u did about roy vs ozz(idk why since that was never the debate lol)...and now put dphat in the equation. Everything about harder players...attendence at events...who he loss to...etc...U dont need to post it...just compile it yourself. Hopefully when u see that, ull realize something. If u dont...oh well...

Honestly idk why i fought so hard...dphat having a lower seed only helps me out lol.(sorry andy) Back to cod.

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
I basically agree with your list Xyro and I'll take my placing as accurate considering you and I are roughly the same skill and you know who you beat regularly and who you don't. The only placing that I would question would be if Dao and Trela should be switched. I don't know how the tourney rankings have gone in the past, but from what I've seen from both Trela and Dao is that Dao is better, but if you have the proof to back it up then by all means use your judgment and leave it as is.

Xyro77

Exactly...the argument was never ozz vs roy lol....my point exactly...

Alan..it never was about me...but dphat beat someone who is top 3 on the PR...goes even with razer, and loses to Dojo like everyone else. As i said i could care less now...your biasness/attitude is effecting more things than u know.

If its about pr discussion, i dont really care. If u post in the pr thread il/others will gladly handle it there. No need to flood this thread with it. This debate was about roy vs dphat. Now i want u to take what u did about roy vs ozz(idk why since that was never the debate lol)...and now put dphat in the equation. Everything about harder players...attendence at events...who he loss to...etc...U dont need to post it...just compile it yourself. Hopefully when u see that, ull realize something. If u dont...oh well...

Honestly idk why i fought so hard...dphat having a lower seed only helps me out lol.(sorry andy) Back to cod.
k

I basically agree with your list Xyro and I'll take my placing as accurate considering you and I are roughly the same skill and you know who you beat regularly and who you don't. The only placing that I would question would be if Dao and Trela should be switched. I don't know how the tourney rankings have gone in the past, but from what I've seen from both Trela and Dao is that Dao is better, but if you have the proof to back it up then by all means use your judgment and leave it as is.

It dont matter to me if trela is below dao or not but i need to get it right before the event cause one side is getting gene pool while the other is getting mexico.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
LTT? 90% chance I'm coming to this now. I can't leave my buddy Smoomy down like WHOBO. :(

heytallman

CTALL
Not trying to complain or anything, but I was just wondering why Furbs and p4 were above me. I guess I can understand if you think they beat more people than me, or if they've done better as of late, but lol last time I played Furbs I made him rage quit.

I don't really care, either way, but just wondering.

Xyro77

Not trying to complain or anything, but I was just wondering why Furbs and p4 were above me. I guess I can understand if you think they beat more people than me, or if they've done better as of late, but lol last time I played Furbs I made him rage quit.

I don't really care, either way, but just wondering.
Thays what im saying. its really hard to seed once u get down the list after the top 8. Just think if all of the dallas player went and then austin and rgv......

So yea, help me.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Thays what im saying. its really hard to seed once u get down the list after the top 8. Just think if all of the dallas player went and then austin and rgv......

So yea, help me.
I say rank us SA players at the bottom of that list if you please. Well save Espy and K Prime.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Give me bottom seed, I could care less, LOL. :)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
plz remember, the mlg strike system is going to be used at this event as well as mlg stages. also, please bring full setups. All info on both of those are on the front page.

So far, this is how this hobo will be seeded:

1. Razer
2. Gnes
*Lee(if he goes)
3. Royr
*Dphat(if he goes)
*Hyro(if he goes)
4. Ozz
*FK(if he goes)
*Jnig(if he goes)
5. Trela
6. Dao
7. FlipHop
8. Jerm

EXAMPLE: Gnes vs FlipHop. Gnes is higher seed so gnes strikes 3 stages in a row FIRST. Then flip strikes 4 in a row SECOND. Then the first seed picks the stage to be played on out of the remaining 2 stages.

The only issue i am having now is the farther down i go the harder it is to determine who is the higher seed. Then what if players like Zigsta or De Angelo or Jimbo or Nike20 go....where would i seed them?

9. Esca
*CY(if he goes)
10. Xyro
*Yosh(if he goes)
11. Smoom
12. RT
13. Furbs
*RanIj(if he goes)
14. PJ
15. P4
16. Tallman
17. Tree(if he goes)
18. Riot
Lol Furbs really should be lower, like everyone on that list is currently better :ohwell:
Sorry Furbsy but you haven't been very active as of late.

Btw all of you need to get high and CHILL THE **** OUT! Seriously, this arguing is so childish.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I see shadow is going for the world record of shortest match ever. ;)

I guess I need to point out I'm joking since the thread is full of rage right now...

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
I see shadow is going for the world record of shortest match ever. ;)

I guess I need to point out I'm joking since the thread is full of rage right now...
rt<3333333333333 lol
i know im not winning this so i want to gain a bunch of exp so i figure

beat razer **** myself next match

lose to razer learn from my mistakes and go thru losers knocking the randoms out

if this is a bad idea someone correct me please lol and umm rt should be rt 10 me 11 xyro 12 imo

Esca

Smash Champion
Xyro, will you seriously please quit riding Trela's nuts so hard? Everyone and their mother knows that i'm not 9th seed.

This is how the list should actually look.

1. Razer
2. Gnes
3. Lee(if he goes)
4. Dphat(if he goes)
5. Ozz
6. Hyro(if he goes)
Jnig(if he goes)
Dao(if he goes)
Fliphop
Jerm
Esca
*CY(if he goes)
Trela
p4

So maybe i am 9th, but still this list is probably the most accurate.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Don't worry shadow, I feel the same. It's better to play someone good first round then never...

Don't worry about my seeding, it's not worth fighting for it.

Xyro77

1. Razer
2. Gnes
*Lee(if he goes)
3. Royr
*Dphat(if he goes)
*Hyro(if he goes)
4. Ozz
*FK(if he goes)
*Jnig(if he goes)
5. Trela
6. Dao
7. FlipHop
8. Jerm
9. Esca
*CY(if he goes)
10. Xyro
*Yosh(if he goes)
11. Smoom
12. RT
13.PJ
*RanIj(if he goes)
14. P4
15. Tallman
16. Furbs
*Tree(if he goes)
17. Riot

How am i meat ridin' trela. If all those people go, trela is 9th seed. I even offered to move him below dao which would make trela 10th.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Beating him in a character ditto? After going Dedede and losing a game?

Sounds ****.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Then what if players like Zigsta or De Angelo or Jimbo or Nike20 go....where would i seed them?
Well, I can't make it this time, so you don't have to worry about placing me. :p

Esca

Smash Champion
1. Razer
2. Gnes
*Lee(if he goes)
3. Royr
*Dphat(if he goes)
*Hyro(if he goes)
4. Ozz
*FK(if he goes)
*Jnig(if he goes)
5. Trela
6. Dao
7. FlipHop
8. Jerm
9. Esca
*CY(if he goes)
10. Xyro
*Yosh(if he goes)
11. Smoom
12. RT
13.PJ
*RanIj(if he goes)
14. P4
15. Tallman
16. Furbs
*Tree(if he goes)
17. Riot

How am i meat ridin' trela. If all those people go, trela is 9th seed. I even offered to move him below dao which would make trela 10th.

Because Fliphop/Jerm/Esca/CY are probably more skilled right now.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Xyro, will you seriously please quit riding Trela's nuts so hard? Everyone and their mother knows that i'm not 9th seed.

This is how the list should actually look.

1. Razer
2. Gnes
3. Lee(if he goes)
4. Dphat(if he goes)
5. Ozz
6. Hyro(if he goes)
Jnig(if he goes)
Dao(if he goes)
Fliphop
Jerm
Esca
*CY(if he goes)
Trela
p4

So maybe i am 9th, but still this list is probably the most accurate.
**** good list IMO

Xyro77

what if i go xyro where would i be?
probly right below fliphop

Because Fliphop/Jerm/Esca/CY are probably more skilled right now.
trela is def better than Cy right now and slightly better than jerm. As for fliphop, im not sure. As for you, i would have to see you play him for real and not ledge stall or air camp. The list i made isnt final its justa rough draft that i already said i would be willing to make changes to.

you left roy off your list

Esca

Smash Champion
probly right below fliphop

trela is def better than Cy right now and slightly better than jerm. As for fliphop, im not sure. As for you, i would have to see you play him for real and not ledge stall or air camp. The list i made isnt final its justa rough draft that i already said i would be willing to make changes to.

you left roy off your list
I guess overall Trela is better than CY right now. IDK I just can't sleep on Jerm I just feel like he always gets lucky.

And if I played him for real without ledge stalling he can't roll? Deal?

And I'd put Roy as 5th.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
offstage dying
crap i thought no one was going to make fun of me for this :( I should have kept my eyes on my character but duffy is to cute.

Kool xyro thanks for not trolling like everyone else, and we would be 2nd in teams esca m2k and ally aren't showing up :)

Looking forward to make one of these in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom