• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 24=May 8th, 2010! Bring wii/tv/ssbb for free drink!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heytallman

CTALL
One game? As in one match? Dont be scarred to get BODIED! No 5$ cause its the recession. Man, im already spending like 100$+ in mm in marvel so umm no. Pokemon money match ill accept if the ds version is good which is looking pretty tight so far. Finally they went the 3d route. Now all they got to do is clean up the characters and give us pokemon red/blue/gold/silver style looking characters and we have a good game. Both of you do realize I havent touched brawl in like 4-6 months meaning since our last mm. And to clear the air, I see why tallmans nervous about accepting 1 game cause he knows my metaknight sodomized his lucas for frayyyy last time we played. 2 stock BABYYYYYY! And p4 got the same treatment, all i got to say is play n trade SON! You know what time it is. Both of you halla at me when you ready to buy me a snack and a drink:laugh:
***** any time anywhere! I ain't scared! But from your post, it sounds like you ain't ready.

Also you drop $100+ on Marvel but won't even drop 5 on Brawl? When you use MK and I use a ****ty low tier? I see.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
LOL you do realize you haven't beat me since PnT right? Which was what, a year ago? One game is fine with me. It just means I'll get my money faster :). And if you're so confident, then why not score 5 snacks instead of just 1? ON THE REALLLLLLLLLLLLL
D'Angelo, MM? :)
***** any time anywhere! I ain't scared! But from your post, it sounds like you ain't ready.

Also you drop $100+ on Marvel but won't even drop 5 on Brawl? When you use MK and I use a ****ty low tier? I see.
De Angelo, you have been called out. Defend or die!

Xyro77

plz remember, the mlg strike system is going to be used at this event as well as mlg stages. also, please bring full setups. All info on both of those are on the front page.

So far, this is how this hobo will be seeded:

1. Razer
2. Gnes
*Lee(if he goes)
3. Royr
*Dphat(if he goes)
*Hyro(if he goes)
4. Ozz
*FK(if he goes)
*Jnig(if he goes)
5. Trela
6. Dao
7. FlipHop
8. Jerm

EXAMPLE: Gnes vs FlipHop. Gnes is higher seed so gnes strikes 3 stages in a row FIRST. Then flip strikes 4 in a row SECOND. Then the first seed picks the stage to be played on out of the remaining 2 stages.

The only issue i am having now is the farther down i go the harder it is to determine who is the higher seed. Then what if players like Zigsta or De Angelo or Jimbo or Nike20 go....where would i seed them?

9. Esca
*CY(if he goes)
10. Xyro
*Yosh(if he goes)
11. Smoom
12. RT
13. Furbs
*RanIj(if he goes)
14. PJ
15. P4
16. Tallman
17. Tree(if he goes)
18. Riot

Gnes

Smash Master
plz remember, the mlg strike system is going to be used at this event as well as mlg stages. also, please bring full setups. All info on both of those are on the front page.

So far, this is how this hobo will be seeded:

1. Razer
2. Gnes
*Lee(if he goes)
3. Royr
*Dphat(if he goes)
*Hyro(if he goes)
4. Ozz
*FK(if he goes)
*Jnig(if he goes)
5. Trela
6. Dao
7. FlipHop
8. Jerm
9. Esca

EXAMPLE: Gnes vs FlipHop. Gnes is higher seed so gnes strikes 3 stages in a row FIRST. Then flip strikes 4 in a row SECOND. Then the first seed picks the stage to be played on out of the remaining 2 stages.

The only issue i am having now is......how do i determine the better player out of Zigsta(for example) and Smoom(for example)? or Jimbo vs De angelo? This typ eof stuff puzzles me. A point system would help SO much.
Seeding goes off the PR...soo...
Razer
Gnes
*Lee
*Dphat
Ozz
Roy_R
(go to recent tourney results and people beating people)
*Jnig
Fliphop
Dao
Hyro
Trela
Jerm
Esca

Last few are interchangable.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
or Jimbo vs De angelo?
De Angelo is significantly better than Jimbo. DA's overall track record have recently proven to overcome Jimbo's results by a large margin. While Jimbo's choice of character is more respectable, De Angelo still has proven much better by beating many great players. If the conflict remains, I think the two players should have a 2/3 set to determine the higher seed. The 2 players are known for their fierce rivalry in the past.

Xyro77

Gnes, the tx pr has clearly been wrong for a long time. Royr will be higher than ozz and dphat. PERIOD.

as for the last few in your list as "interchange-able"........

i need to KNOW cause what if they PLAY each other? I could just walk up to trela and say that he gets top seed just cause i like him better.

Xyro77

Guys, either help me cover ALL the players i listed in my post or i will choose by myself.

Roy higher than Dphat? For real? Hard garbage.
The truth is hard to accept bear. Especially after making like 2-3 horrible PRs, i dont know if u guys know what the truth is anymore.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Lmfao. Results are results. If you ran the PR, Top 10 would look something like this:

1. Trela/Roy_R
2. Trela/Roy_R
3. Trela/Roy_R
4. Trela/Roy_R
5. Trela/Roy_R
6. Trela/Roy_R
7. Trela/Roy_R
8. Trela/Roy_R
9. Trela/Roy_R
10. Trela/Roy_R

Like I said, have fun riding that meat.

Xyro77

Ehh allan always looked down on me regardless of how well I perform so I don't really care where I'm seeded... just expect to go to an uncommon starter.
no no no. You beat gnes and countless other really good players. i KNOW you are good.

Gnes

Smash Master
Gnes, the tx pr has clearly been wrong for a long time. Royr will be higher than ozz and dphat. PERIOD.

as for the last few in your list as "interchange-able"........

i need to KNOW cause what if they PLAY each other? I could just walk up to trela and say that he gets top seed just cause i like him better.
Now...now...okay...i understand your reasoning with ozz(cuz i know how u think)...and yea ur right, roy most likely would win, but who knows...OZZ BEAT DPHAT...who wait...lets get this right...BEAT GNES, who last PR season had only loss(when actually playing sets to texas) to DOJO. So as a person who has played them both in tournament sets RECENTLY, WHO HAS PRACTICED WITH THEM BOTH FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME, ur honestly gonna tell me who should be placed higher...lol...bias has a limit alan. Realize im the one who fought to get Roy on the freaking PR. Also idk whats with all this mlg seed stuff?

Well it doesnt matter if i get to strike 4 stages.. im striking every neutral anyways.
Anyways found out got a final on the 10th chances me coming are REALLY slim now.
Come bro, And dont u dare say its a money issue, cuz u know ill help u out. We both know **** well it aint about school.

Me not on the list?

Acceptable
Dude u never come to any, but if i knew u were i would have put u in your right spot.

Whatever you say Allan. Have fun riding that meat.
Chill, i got this.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
ME NOT ON THE LIST? ACCEPTABLE

Cause I probably will not be able to attend lol

-Ran

Smash Master
Ran, u are going? ill add u now
At the very least it's going to be Lee, Roni, and myself. Hyro needs to look at his exam schedule. I need to talk with Jnig, if people are willing to fit a third person in the back seat. If that would happen, Louisiana would bring it's strongest showing to Hobo in a LONG time.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Lmfao. Results are results. If you ran the PR, Top 10 would look something like this:

1. Trela/Roy_R
2. Trela/Roy_R
3. Trela/Roy_R
4. Trela/Roy_R
5. Trela/Roy_R
6. Trela/Roy_R
7. Trela/Roy_R
8. Trela/Roy_R
9. Trela/Roy_R
10. Trela/Roy_R

Like I said, have fun riding that meat.
......................lmfao

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Lmfao. Results are results.
HOBO 21
7: Roy R==marth
9: Dphat==metaknight

WHOBO 2
9: RoyR==marth
13: Dphat==metaknight

Indeed.

Razer/Gnes/Lee/Roy/Dphat should be the top 5 seeds at this, I know dphat is good and amazing at doubles too its just that Roy has been outplacing him when they both attend a tourny, we all know how good roy can be at his prime and its safe to say he is reaching his prime again, I really am saying this without an ounce of bias. The only thing Dphat has over roy is that he attends more tournaments (phase) and ***** doubles. At the same time Roy does really well at hobos which dphat has missed lately.and we just had a huge tourny in houston so that should help seeding a lot, if DMG went he would definitely be high up there in the seeds, above me for sure.

Anyways ill make my full list later. Me/Gnes most unbiased folks in houston.

Gnes

Smash Master
At the very least it's going to be Lee, Roni, and myself. Hyro needs to look at his exam schedule. I need to talk with Jnig, if people are willing to fit a third person in the back seat. If that would happen, Louisiana would bring it's strongest showing to Hobo in a LONG time.
Legit...my nutria companions are coming

Xyro77

Now...now...okay...i understand your reasoning with ozz(cuz i know how u think)...and yea ur right, roy most likely would win, but who knows...OZZ BEAT DPHAT
So did trela, yet im not fighting for him.

...who wait...lets get this right...BEAT GNES
thats called inui logic and its 110% ********

who last PR season had only loss(when actually playing sets to texas) to DOJO.
LAST pr season is the same as this one. MEGA bias+uneducated panel+rigged requirments. Its a good START but its far from a true representation of tx skill.

So as a person who has played them both in tournament sets RECENTLY, WHO HAS PRACTICED WITH THEM BOTH FOR EXTENDED PERIODS OF TIME, ur honestly gonna tell me who should be placed higher...lol...

yea i am......lol its my event...lol...i do it my way....lol..... accept it...lol

bias has a limit alan
What YOU call bias(a typical response when you know u are flat wrong) is actually me fighting for a top 5 player in this state to get his rightful place.

Realize im the one who fought to get Roy on the freaking PR.
Yea u did and im MEGA proud of u for doing that.

Also idk whats with all this mlg seed stuff?
To determine who strikes stages first. This type of think can literally CHANGE MUs and who wins vs who. If i(higher seed) play smoom(the lower seed), i will strike bf/fd/sv and pretty much guarantee a free win cause i just axed ICs 3 best stages. Its THAT important for some players/characters.

Gnes

Smash Master
Okay alans lets go with facts, trela beat dphat while he suicided once in EACH GAME TRELA WON...while ozz beat him legit 2-0. This is ONE of the reasons ur not fighting for trela. Secondly, that wasn't inui logic. That was me saying ozz's accomplishments in comparison to Roy's. They went to the same tourney, what did Roy do that was spectacular. Who good has he beaten recently, what top players from OoS have stated "man, he's so underrated". Roy didn't beat dphat, Roy didnt beat gnes, Roy hasn't beaten someone who has the capabilty to beat Gnes...ugh...instead Roy loses to Jnig...twice....

But like honestly, do u think u know more about these two players than I do...like im confused

Now i was gonna make this post larger, but honestly i'll get straight to the point. Regardless to what u believe, tournament results/people/god unfortunately all show the same thing. Dphat being better than Roy at this point in time. Now when I think of u ignoring obviousness to fight for Roy, and denying rightful seeds, all that comes to mind thats when its all said and done all u did is make one houston tournament unable to be counted heavily in the PR. Thats all. I'm done. Run your tourney Alan. I'll be winning it anyways.

And for the record, i dont hate Roy, I love him, but man, so much WRONG bias is sad

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
The PR needs to tell us what their criteria is and what holds the most weight. Bear is talking results and Gnes is talking something else. Roy has better results but Dphat has beaten better people so idk. I'm sure roy don't give a **** about his seed so it doesn't matter lol. It seems like the argument has turned towards tha PR now.

Xyro77

Okay alans lets go with facts, trela beat dphat while he suicided once in EACH GAME TRELA WON...while ozz beat him legit 2-0.
Wether it was by an inch or a mile, trela wins. Your opinion on "legit" does not deny his victory. Now i worry if you PR guys argue about which wins were "legit" and if u weigh them more than "non legit" wins.

This is ONE of the reasons ur not fighting for trela.
Good thing i didnt pay for this mind-reading cause its wrong. YOU dont KNOW how i think nor the reasons why i think untill i TELL you how i think. Untill that time, you just speculate and guess.

Secondly, that wasn't inui logic. That was me saying ozz's accomplishments in comparison to Roy's.
Get out. i QUOTED your post word for word and inui logic was ozzing out of it.

And if you wanna talk about accomplishments, roy has him beat. Without going TOO far back, here are some results. Since both ozz and roy dont travel alot, its kinda easy.

ROYR at WHOBO 2=9th

Winners' bracket
Defeated Slaps(ike)
Defeated Trela(lucario)
Lost to Greatness(diddy)

Losers' bracket
Defeated Jerm(tl)
Defeated Dao(diddy)
Lost to Lee T Martin(mk)

OZZ at WHOBO 2=9th

Winners' bracket
Defeated CASTRO(peach)
Defeated Poltergust(yoshi)
Lost to Fliphop(diddy)

Losers' bracket
Defeated Zori(olimar)
Defeated Espy(sonic)
Lost to UlimateRazer(snake)

ROYR at HOBO 23=5th

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Tesh(sonic)
Lost to Jnig(wario)

Losers' bracket
Defeated Trent(sonic)
Defeated FlipHop(fliphop)
Defeated Dao(dao)
Defeated Hyro(tl)
Lost to Jnig(wario)

OZZ at HOBO 23=9th

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Aam Gun(marth/wolf)
Defeated Kirby(kriby)
Lost to Gnes(diddy)

Losers' bracket
Lost to Hyro(tl)

ROYR at hobo 22=did not go

OZZ at HOBO 22=4th

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated KRD(wolf/sheik)
Lost to Hyro(lt)

Losers' bracket
Defeated Arcadia(lucario)
Defeated PJ(tl)
Defeated Jerm(tl)
Defeated Jnig(wario)
Defeated Inui(mk)
Lost to Lee(mk)

ROYR at hobo 21=7th

Winners' bracket
Defeated Player 4(mk)
Defeated Shlike(zs)
Defeated Jerm(tl)
Lost to Hylian(ICs)

Losers' bracket
Defeated Zac(gw)
Lost to Razer (snake)

OZZ at hobo 21=13th

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Van Jones(mk)
Lost to Dphat(mk)

Losers' bracket
Defeated Shlike(zs)
Lost to Zac (gw)

So cause Royr missed ONE event hes below ozz? Cause clearly royr beat harder players AND beats the players ozz loses too(inui logic) AND beats ozz while hes at it AND places higher than ozz or at the same level when they both attend the same event.....never lower. You are ********.

They went to the same tourney, what did Roy do that was spectacular.
For some one who never plays and uses a ****tier character than ozz but STILL gets 9th. Yea thats pretty **** spectacular.

Who good has he beaten recently, what top players from OoS have stated "man, he's so underrated". Roy didn't beat dphat, Roy didnt beat gnes, Roy hasn't beaten someone who has the capabilty to beat Gnes...ugh...instead Roy loses to Jnig...twice....
Dude, stfu. Its not about who does good vs YOU. it doesnt matter if the people he beats has the capability to beat you or not, this list is not based off of YOU or that type of system(if it does then it only PROVES you guys dont know ****). Stop johning about royr losing to jnig when...

espy(sonic) beat razer
dpaht lost shaky(ness)
hylian lost to POLTERGUST( a ****ing yoshi)
Dojo lost to hylian(no RC johns, plz)
Snakeeee lost to MAGIK(he got 3 stocked btw)
Bear lost to zori(olimar gets ***** by mk)

Stupid **** happens in brawl all the time and roy shouldnt be held back by that **** when i just listed stuff that happens to lots of others and god knows they were not held back.

But like honestly, do u think u know more about these two players than I do...like im confused
yea i do.

Now i was gonna make this post larger, but honestly i'll get straight to the point. Regardless to what u believe, tournament results/people/god unfortunately all show the same thing. Dphat being better than Roy at this point in time.
To a bias PR panelist, i agree.

Now when I think of u ignoring obviousness to fight for Roy, and denying rightful seeds, all that comes to mind thats when its all said and done all u did is make one houston tournament unable to be counted heavily in the PR.
So u already admit that your gonna make sure that royr good placing(you know he will place well) will not count to its full value. You people CHOOSE to punish royr just because his TO doesnt agree with your ******** *** pr list and doesnt seed the way YOU(who doesnt run **** in this city) want?

Thanks, you and your kind(the pr morons) have lost all value.

I'll be winning it anyways.
Tell that to razer.

And for the record, i dont hate Roy, I love him, but man, so much WRONG bias is sad
I agree, you need to straighten up.

-Ran

Smash Master
Just have them a PR match at the tournament. Winner gets the seed spot. If they meet in tournament, the match counts for them. Serious business.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Allan came up with some solid facts and I think roy should be above ozz as well, but who cares if you're 9th or 10th.. TBH it's the same ****, anybody outside of top5 doesn't really matter. OOSers aren't going to be like OMG i got to play TX ranked 9th... the only people OOSers are going to worry about is the top5.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
When the **** did the argument turn to me and roy. Lol roy is easily better than me right now and gets the higher seed. I thought the argument was dphat and roy lol. AND DPHAT IS COMPLETELY RIGHT, being 9th or 10th on a PR doesn't mean ****, I'm shooting for top 5 in state, anything less I won't care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom