• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 18: R.I.P metaknight=Meta banned(Full results up!!!!! Pics/vids coming soon!!)

Broly

Smash Lord
really? how ya gonna win? last tourny ya had zac, AND dojo wasnt here. ya cant win unless ya bring peeps from nj.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Since every second not spent with DugFinn is better spent with DugFinn, I might decide to just show up. :laugh:
At hobo 19 ill raise 2vs2 to 10$ per person(as a test) and allow metaknight. Inui/dojo/utd, does that sound good?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
At hobo 19 ill raise 2vs2 to 10$ per person(as a test) and allow metaknight. Inui/dojo/utd, does that sound good?
If I can get a partner that scores me top three for sure (Zac again, Dojo, Dphat, etc.) I will probably come to HOBO 19 if you do that. :)

Dojo

Smash Champion
Fine by me.

I've always suggested raising doubles prices to 10 a person. Alot of people enjoy it just as much if not more than singles and it is a main event.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's silly that doubles only pay out at most half of what singles does, after dividing it amongst the players... 10 per person is better.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
UTD Zac being TX's best doubles player shouldn't be literally worth 25% of what Dojo's single skill is.

That's what keeping the entry at $5 means.

It's extremely disrespectful to the event of doubles itself and the players that excel in it.

Edit: All the good doubles players look taken and Atomsk always has horrendous attendance in school so I doubt his parents will let him go, so I won't be able to attend HOBO 19. =/

Dekar173

Justice Man
UTD Zac being TX's best doubles player shouldn't be literally worth 25% of what Dojo's single skill is.

That's what keeping the entry at $5 means.

It's extremely disrespectful to the event of doubles itself and the players that excel in it.

Edit: All the good doubles players look taken and Atomsk always has horrendous attendance in school so I doubt his parents will let him go, so I won't be able to attend HOBO 19. =/
I'm 100% certain that Xyro didn't mean any offense to anyone through making doubles cost $5, it merely encourages more people to enter doubles.

As for your edit, aren't you the Creator of being a Genius Doubles God v2.0 ? If so, you wouldn't require someone else to carry you to victory ;)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm 100% certain that Xyro didn't mean any offense to anyone through making doubles cost $5, it merely encourages more people to enter doubles.
It's not intended, but it's still reality.

As for your edit, aren't you the Creator of being a Genius Doubles God v2.0 ? If so, you wouldn't require someone else to carry you to victory ;)
Why do people say this trash?

I don't require someone to carry me, but with those very powerful teams already forming, I require a good partner.

Doubles Genius =/= genius at carrying.

Doubles involves two people. I need a solid partner in order for it to actually be doubles.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
That is ridiculous.

I love when people like talking about extremes and stupid nonsense just because something intelligent was done to change something dumb. :laugh:

"WELL THEN HOW ABOUT THIS???"

nah it's dumb sry lololol

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
You're falco is weird. It was nothing but Utilt and Fsmash and I lost to that when Ozz's Falco is alot more technical and gives me more trouble but I win a fair amount against him. I was the one with the :V tag. I dont think I mentioned anything about his matchups though. I'm not insulting. I'm just embrassed that I lost so hard to you when I normally dont lose to Falco's like that. Its GGs and all. I got mindgamed hard. No johns. I want to rematch you and change it so that I come out on top consistantly. That's all. :V

in Plus as you are in Brawl.
Wait, you were the guy at the brawl + machine? Heh yeah, falco is weird in that game in general. with no DI or momentum cancelling seems like you can do spike and chain uptilts.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
This tourny was pretty dope overall I had a great time in H-Town. I just wish we weren't so cramped in there. Hotel discounts FTW.

Trela- I felt bad I had to gay it up that first round with those SD's, I was getting wrecked and had to do something. I am looking forward to playing you again im sure our matches will be better. BTW you got the coolest hat ever.

Kates- Good matches, they were all pretty good. Like your ZZS and hope to play you again sometime.

Eclipse Kirby- Good matches you gave me a good scrare a couple of times. I gave you a tough matchup but im sure you will come back next time. We will try to bring Espy next time he can prob give you some good Sonic advice, casue lord knows he has wrecked me enough times.

Xrro- The Green lesbian wrecked me something fierce. I don't know **** about the matchup and hope to give you some better competition next time. No Johns though I know I'm pretty scrub, i guess i just got to do better next time. Awesome job as a TO, this was my second HOBO and hope to come to more in the future.

Airbrush King- Super chill dude. Had fun hanging with you at the Galeria, and thanks for showing us around Houston. Sorry about the whole drama with you and PZ, hope this doesn't hurt your relationsip with the community. I am looking forward to chillin with you at the next HOBO.

SA Crew- You guys made the stay too fun. I am glad we actually got to have a good time in the city. We will step up for the next tourny and hopefully do some more damage in the bracets.

Broly

Smash Lord
majority of teams play are with good friends, or experimenting. sure doubles should be more serious, but its hard to win, when cooperation is the key. most people know that at $10 per person, great players will team with great players. its very hard to throw 10 bucks away when half the time it isnt your fault. i really dont mind, but 70% of the ones who attend will.

Suspect

Smash Hero
That is ridiculous.

I love when people like talking about extremes and stupid nonsense just because something intelligent was done to change something dumb. :laugh:

"WELL THEN HOW ABOUT THIS???"

nah it's dumb sry lololol
but i need the extra money for frito pies

Inui

Banned via Warnings
majority of teams play are with good friends, or experimenting. sure doubles should be more serious, but its hard to win, when cooperation is the key. most people know that at $10 per person, great players will team with great players. its very hard to throw 10 bucks away when half the time it isnt your fault. i really dont mind, but 70% of the ones who attend will.
Doubles is considered better and is preferred by most players everywhere I go.

TX seems to be the only exception here, according to you.

I feel bad for UTD Zac, Dphat, and PhantomX.

Broly

Smash Lord
well, i dont know bout you, but most people watch singles in melee more than doubles. sure isai didnt care much for singles after awhile, but most did. At top level play, sure doubles is great. but most tournys want to see the number of teams go up, rather than down. w/ a price increase like this, it will surely go down.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I like them both equally. I hate that MK isnt legal, makes me not wanna attend hobos all together.

Esca

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm not going to etner another singles HOBO until Metaknight is legal in singles play.

It's sorta ridiculous how we're so closed off from other regions.

Inui, let's team.

Broly

Smash Lord
i do agree, mks should be legal. whats wrong with odd numbered hobos mk legal and even nmbered ones banned?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
well, i dont know bout you, but most people watch singles in melee more than doubles. sure isai didnt care much for singles after awhile, but most did. At top level play, sure doubles is great. but most tournys want to see the number of teams go up, rather than down. w/ a price increase like this, it will surely go down.
The number of teams, at most, will drop by about three if singles is truly preferred. The amount of money to win will still be significantly higher, though.

Teach me to be better in doubles please.
Come play with me.

I like them both equally. I hate that MK isnt legal, makes me not wanna attend hobos all together.
Yeah, I'm not going to attend another HOBO until Metaknight is legal in singles play.

Inui, let's team.
i do agree, mks should be legal.
As much as I admire Allan's desire to stand on his convictions and his passion for the pro-ban side, I must agree with the above players. No other area is hosting MK-banned events consistently and from what I saw the TX scene is heavily anti-ban right now.

I don't think Allan banning MK is a good thing for his events or the TX scene, tbqh. I hope you don't take offense to that, Allan. I still <3 you.

Esca, I probably can't attend the next HOBO.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
FOGO SHOUT OUTSSSSS :)

1: Ultimate Razer- Too good man, even though you camped the dog **** out of me game 3 lol

2: Gnes- The best diddy, and by far one of my favorite people to be around at tournaments :) we gotta house together next time so we have more time for friendlies and fogo magic lol

3: Lee Martin- Too good as usual. I wish you would play all lucario, you're too good with him lol you're too smart to let matchups hinder you :)

4: Bassem- Nice teams friendlies and good **** tearing through the bracket :) Make sure you keep traveling, I see good things in your future.

5: Fogo==DDD

5: Zori- wtf zori's not a girl?! lmao Your plushies are almost as legit as your real olimar :)

7: UTD Zac- Stop 9'ing everyone >_< lol <3

7: PhantomX- Another one of my favorites at tournaments, keep up the good work :)

9: Hyro- Too good with TL, see you at the next one

9: Inui- Bring atomsk with you next time >:-( lol good times staying at "your" house though lol

9: Broly- Epic marth, keep it up

13: Jerm- Good stuff in those friendlies, your projectiles **** me lol

13: FlipHop- Good stuff man, fastest diddy I've ever seen lol

17: Kates- 0_o lee must have been training you lol

17: Hylian- Good seeing you again, we need to house together so we can hang/play more :D

17: Cy- lol B-mont boys TOO funny lol

17: Light- stop beating everyone before the tournament starts lol

17: BadNewsBear- more pika! :)

25: Xyro- Another well ran event, keep up the good work/low tier **** lol

25: Ozz- Fun friendlies man, you Marth/falco are sickkk

25: Trela- I don't think i've ever played you for real, we gotta MM or something someday. Watching you play is too good, SUPER fast lucario lol

25: Cyphus- Good seeing you man, I can't wait to come to LA for once lol

25: Fatty- Good seeing you man, keep it up, your wario is getting better :)

33: TakeUrLife- Good seeing you man, i'll definitely be playing you more since your in my area now :D

33: Azuzu- LOL thanks for cheering for me :)

33: Koala- I love you man. I can't tell you how much the Le family has done for me in smash lol

33: Esca- More friendlies next time, your pit is legit, especially in teams!

33: KRD- Glad I could help :)

49: JUJ- 0_o WTF another D3??

49: Yosh- Stop letting zac read you lol

49: Furbs-yes you can hang out with me :p

See you all next time!

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
If MK is allowed in singles too, I'll 100% come to hobo19 if my parents let me. lmfao. I'll probably still come regardless though Cuz I love texas.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yeah, I'm not going to etner another singles HOBO until Metaknight is legal in singles play.

Inui, let's team.
i do agree, mks should be legal. whats wrong with odd numbered hobos mk legal and even nmbered ones banned?
Inui, a lot of us don't want him banned either.
*keeps metaknight banned*

but as for 10$ per person for teams. If you guys want it that way ill allow it. Just vote on it.

5$ per person

or 10$ per person

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
*keeps metaknight banned*

but as for 10$ per person for teams. If you guys want it that way ill allow it. Just vote on it.

5$ per person

or 10$ per person
If MK is allowed in singles too, I'll 100% come to hobo19 if my parents let me. lmfao. I'll probably still come regardless though Cuz I love texas.

Top Bottom