• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hobo 10(houston,tx)=118 players!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
T-rex played snake and lost to D4ba's Dedede and Vash's Pit.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
KRDsonic: Please forgive me for misspelling your name! I think my brain was temporarily fried by the time I entered you into Tio. So. Many. Players... o O! Also, your sig is... very memorable. Good job!
It's ok :p mistakes happen lol, and I didn't say how it was spelled anyways so it's all good.

Also, thanks for the sig comment :D

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Kailo: :roymelee: is a beast. You're coming to BeBoBli's tourney this weekend, right?
Kailo: As always, your existence amuses me in SO many ways. Thanks! Keep it up!
...sethlon...um...i used my last sick day on homo 10...

so yeah..no...although i would like to...

also dugfinn..way to cop out a shoutout ..yay.

SHOUTOUTSIES pt 2:

dugfinn: ..ur loud

kdr:f your ****ty name..shave ur face

badnews: ...yay

hylian: ur dumb

fliphop: there is one tea everyone fears,time to show stiltz and royr our magicness

w00000000000

royr:you didnt win for me... :'(..im not joking if you dont win the next one im quitting brawl..period

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
god this game is terrible.

SHOUTOUTS

okay first of all...kal. you are hands down the most annoying guy i've ever met at a tournament, and also a huge douchebag. hey do you remember the first tournament in houston you went to, where you kept trying to talk to those 2 girls and after awhile suddenly everybody was banned from that room? it's because you're ****ing annoying and neither one of them liked you at all and complained to allan about you. i hope this is harsh enough for you. nobody in houston likes you, and when i say nobody, i really mean NOBODY. anybody that was being nice to you just didn't have the heart to tell you you're ****ing annoying. oh yeah and i forgot lol, remember also at the tournament when you asked for that girl's number or you tried to give her yours (i can't remember), WELL GUESS WHAT SHE DID WITH IT LOL? SHE LAUGHED ABOUT IT AND PROMPTLY NEVER CALLED YOU CUZ YOU'RE ANNOYING AND WEIRD. and yeah, this has nothing to do with smash, you're just annoying...so...chill the **** out bro. and no, i'm not joking. don't kid yourself, i don't like you at all. i'd appreciate it if you didn't talk to me or ask to play me at anymore tournaments you might show your annoying *** at, cuz i'll tell you the same **** i'm sayin in this post in person to your face. thanks for the black and mild though.

fogo: you seemed like a pretty cool dude but we hardly got to hang out. stick wit me kid, you'll go far

furbs: we should get together sometime for a rousing **** jousting match

alex (sethlon): it was fun playin melee with ya man, and i have a feeling you had more fun playing melee friendlies than you did in the brawl tourney ;) nah but seriously though...you're really good as always

roy: man it sucks you didn't win but it was fun hangin out with ya and playin melee against you.

lee harris/cigar master: seemed like a chill guy

hylian: you look and sound like that guy on the olive garden commercials that goes, "you do the math, i'll do the alfredo!"

vince (stiltz): you've come a long way from gettin ***** in melee. even though this game sucks i'm glad for ya for being able to win tournies.

anonymous: i don't know who you are but uh...thanks for the concern bro, but i've been playin melee this whole time lol. but there are hardly any melee tournies in houston anymore

cameron/kailo/daniel: always fun hangin out with you guys and ridin up to the tournies in the back of allan's truck with yall lol

allan: thx for the ride, always fun, good job at your placing and beatin esca in the cinnamon thing

i'm sure i forgot a lot of people but yeah...i doubt i'm going to go to anymore brawl tournies after this...and not just because i got dead last place. but playing it so much and watching it has made me realize that this game is campy, slow, glitchy, and doesn't require anywhere near the amount of skill to place well in tournies that melee did. i look at half the shoutouts and see most of the people complaining about how cheap somebody played or how many metaknights there were and it'll never change. i don't know how long yall are gonna keep this up but i think people will eventually realize this game is terrible.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Furbs, Ill get in contact with boss sometime today (hes not awnsering his phone right now) and see whats up. If he has yourll wii well mail it to you or something.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
Furbs, Ill get in contact with boss sometime today (hes not awnsering his phone right now) and see whats up. If he has yourll wii well mail it to you or something.
yea thanks man, it was an honest mistake, i got a hold of him last night and got his address and vice versa so we'll be sending out our wiis today

@ mouf: my **** bench presses cars, i hope you're ready :O
also i think i wanna go to that melee tournament, that is if i can get out of seeing my sister

Bwett

Smash Ace
My shoutouts:

Stiltz - Good to meet you dude. Fogo hypes you up all the time and its good to see that his words were all true

RoyR - Your captain falcon is ridiculous! You inspire me to pick him up lol. Great friendlies

Xyro - Thanks for the excellent tournament and the Denny's afterwards. You are a real chill guy and your posts show this to no degree =P. Next time we come down, totally need a low tier battle, Yoshi vs. Zamus

Furbs - Good to meet another Yoshi main. Much less aggressive than my style but it works. Good friendlies. Glad to see you on the Yoshi boards, finally lol

RocketTrainer - Your Lucario scared me in the beginning. It still does scare me. Luckily egg spam prevailed ;)

UTD Zac and Infinity - Great job, guys. Yall do extremely well and I really hope yall continue

Fogo - Excellent times, sir. Excellent times, indeedede. Next time, we will take out teams will flying colors. I think I leveled up as well lol

Lee Harris - Great meeting you, dude. Your ganon is freaking intense. Your dair consistency is amazing. Fogo and I are pretty sure about attending the 2v2 tournament so we will see you then, maybe be able to chill more than standing around being yelled at for doing so in front of a speaker =P.

Hylian - Always great to see you, again. Didnt get any friendlies in but next time, I'll make it a point to do so.

Dojo - I love playing your MK. It's always a pleasure, dude. Best be careful though because I'm looking to take you out in the next tourney.

Cake - Thanks for the green tea. I really needed it and it totally rejuvenated me, mid-tourney. Sucks what happened to you, but there is always next time.

Santi - Your TL surprises me every time with the vast variety of spam you have at your disposal. You definitely know how to push TL to his limits. Only got in one game but it was good. Let's do some more doubles next time. Bwogo's ready to **** yall once again lol

Badnewsbear - Thanks for the housing. So glad we chilled with you instead of going elsewhere. Your pikachu is solid. We will see you next time we head to Houston.

Overall, this was an awesome tournament. A few uncool things like being knocked out of teams because of super gay spamming and not being able to meet any of the PR 10 in singles tournament but o well. Sorry if I missed you in the shoutouts. I'm tired lol

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Extended shout outs now that I'm not half dead.

FUUUUURBS: I can't thank you enough, dude. Drive all the way down to magnolia to pick me up, let me chill at your place, buy me food, and then drivin me back even though its like 3 in the morning...way too cool. Good stuff on the 25th placing too!

UTDZack: Haha, I didn't expect to see you at this tourney. Ye ole Roy vs Peach is too much fun.

DugFinn: Did you really have to announce it...? :cry:

T-rex/3000: You guys should come down to Mosquito's tournament on the 20th...Brawl, Melee, & Soul Calibur 4 :)

...sethlon...um...i used my last sick day on homo 10...
=/ Bummer.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
kailo34ce said:
kdr:f your ****ty name..shave ur face
I get not one, but 2 shoutouts from the same person, so I clearly must have been the most noticable person there :p xD.

Also, I don't feel like shaving :p I'm lazy like that.

Anyways, what's with all the Kown is trash drama? o.O

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
Copied from the other thread

Dreoh: I owned you with your own suit pieces! Lol, I think you'd do a bit better as zamus if you didn't use forward B so much. You owned me on Corneria though!
(This is Dreoh)
Lol, who is this are you the diddy i faced or the link? The link person i was so close to beating, but the diddy... those **** bananas, i cant get past them, and if u were the link i took out ur very first stock with the items and with only 16% lol

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
oh ya, now i remember, i got you with my ike

just so you all know, if u ever face an ike with game and watch, never, NEVER try to do the down grab to anything combo, it never works on ike, all he has to do is hold down on either left or right and he will NEVER get hit by it lol, jagged tried that a lot on me... never hit

Esca

Smash Champion
(This is Dreoh)
Lol, who is this are you the diddy i faced or the link? The link person i was so close to beating, but the diddy... those **** bananas, i cant get past them, and if u were the link i took out ur very first stock with the items and with only 16% lol
I was the Diddy.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
O btw, PhoenixAlpha, EPIC match. Ike just pwns sumtimes, doesn't he? :p Too bad i failed against ur lucas tho, lol.
Speaking of which, I also used ike, so if u read this xyro, put ike next to my name as well.

Cuz Ike pwns. :p
I concur. You sure woke me up. After the Link thing I was like oh, it's Ike, I'll just spam Aura Sphere and win easy. The smashville counterpick was a good call. I didn't even think to use Olimar.

You three stocked my Lucario w/ Ike.... srsly the Lucario board is gonna LAUGH at me forever. This is not to insult your Ike, but they say that matchup is REAL easy.

No johns here though. I did win after all. Hope to match w/ you again soon. Keep using Ike, he's a beast!

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
^^^ He 3 stocked you because he goes to the same school as me, and that somehow means something, (lol, jk).
You have a good point there, sir. Do they have "AP 3-stocking" as one of your course selections? (omg that'd be so epic)

*votes ike as 2nd manliest character in brawl*
...and the inevitable question: who is the 1st?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
I concur. You sure woke me up. After the Link thing I was like oh, it's Ike, I'll just spam Aura Sphere and win easy. The smashville counterpick was a good call. I didn't even think to use Olimar.

You three stocked my Lucario w/ Ike.... srsly the Lucario board is gonna LAUGH at me forever. This is not to insult your Ike, but they say that matchup is REAL easy.

No johns here though. I did win after all. Hope to match w/ you again soon. Keep using Ike, he's a beast!
Caaan do! :p I actually main link, but I was REEEAAAL rusty with him at the tourney. Not to mention Link is TRASH against the little fast guys with projectiles. (Nevertheless, ur Lucas and ur PK thunder edgeguard pwned me.) I side Ike to make up for that, and this was the first tourney i used him in. Lols, i guess i was rusty with link cuzza all the time i spent practicing with ike. xD I was a little TOO worried i'd be sloppy with ike at the tourney, not to mention he's just too much fun to play with. :p
I'll keep on workin on em both, and hope to match w/u l8er as well! I'll prolly be goin to the first big October tourney, so yea, if u go then c u there! :chuckle:

^^^ He 3 stocked you because he goes to the same school as me, and that somehow means something, (lol, jk).
lol, yea i felt ur lamar spirit empower me when I switched to Ike and went super saiyan 92 x 47^2. :flame: (lol, jk (but srsly))

But yea, we both go to lamar! You should join my little group of lamar/bellaire smashers. You've met most of 'em at the tourney, so yea, u should come over sometime and chill w/us!
I'll PM u about it on our next free weekend or get-together or sumthin.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
lol, yea i felt ur lamar spirit empower me when I switched to Ike and went super saiyan 92 x 47^2. :flame: (lol, jk (but srsly))

But yea, we both go to lamar! You should join my little group of lamar/bellaire smashers. You've met most of 'em at the tourney, so yea, u should come over sometime and chill w/us!
That was jagged that you fought though, not me :p I haven't gotten to play you yet. By the way, I have the same lunch as you on B days, maybe A days too, idk, I have D lunch both days.

Also, it should be join your smash group, it would be a good way to get better. I'll look forward to it.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
You have a good point there, sir. Do they have "AP 3-stocking" as one of your course selections? (omg that'd be so epic)
...and the inevitable question: who is the 1st?[/QUOTE]

Chuck Norris, no doubt. No one picks him cuz only Mr. T can find him on the char. select screen.
U c, normally you don't find chuck norris; chuck norris finds you. But Mr. T's mohawk has the power to defy cheesy, cliche chuck norris jokes. Juuust to make things clearer for those of you who have yet to take Chuckiology (also among the course selections at lamar, along with AP 3-stocking). :p

Edit: Oh cool KRDsonic, I have D lunch both days as well, I'll try to find u there. Do u eat inside or outside the cafeteria? (lol we're totally setting up sum1 to stalk us xD)

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Yup, and they have sandbagging classes too.
...are you trying to suggest something :laugh:

Caaan do! :p I actually main link, but I was REEEAAAL rusty with him at the tourney. Not to mention Link is TRASH against the little fast guys with projectiles.
not to mention he[Ike]'s just too much fun to play with. :p
I'll keep on workin on em both, and hope to match w/u l8er as well! I'll prolly be goin to the first big October tourney, so yea, if u go then c u there! :chuckle:
Rusty w/ Link? *exhale* I'm gonna get thrashed if you bring your A-game!
Our Lucas v Link was really close IIRC XD

and I have a wedding to attend on October 11th, so if it's the tourney I'm thinking of, that's a no go. :( :( :(

If our second match wasn't Super Saiyan Ike, then Super Saiyan Ike doesn't exist. Plain and simple.

I'm confused, are you talking to KRDsonic or me?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Rusty w/ Link? *exhale* I'm gonna get thrashed if you bring your A-game!
Our Lucas v Link was really close IIRC XD

and I have a wedding to attend on October 11th, so if it's the tourney I'm thinking of, that's a no go. :( :( :(

If our second match wasn't Super Saiyan Ike, then Super Saiyan Ike doesn't exist. Plain and simple.

I'm confused, are you talking to KRDsonic or me?
Yea, my link can get quite beastly, but I need to relearn how to exploit his beastliness at tourneys, lol. (it's been like 5 HOBO's since my last HOBO)

Is there a tourney in Houston on Oct. 4th? I thought that's what I saw on houston thread.

Meh, the whole Super Saiyan Ike thing was more of a moment than a being. Pity. :\
I prolly shoulda used a senzu bean, lol.

Well, I was talkin to KRD, but if u go to lamar high then awesome!

Edit: Yeah, there's another PZ tourney Oct. 4th! :D If u can go, then c u there!

...and something is SERIOUSLY wrong with my sig. It's, like, cut in half! Idunnowuzzupwidat. :\

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
^ Oct. 4th is the next Hobo at PZ.

Ike is extremely manly. His upB is apparently destroying Cuba right now, or some trash like that. I guess they didn't prepare themselves. Now they'll get no sympathy from him.

Also, Sethlon: Yes. And it was Xyro approved. *grins* Besides, we all yaoi you for being cool about it.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
^ Oct. 4th is the next Hobo at PZ.

Ike is extremely manly..
Definitely plan on attending the Oct. 4th tourny.
Lucario's manliness > Ike's manliness. He slams heads onto the floor and stomps on people from the air. I mean, come on...his jab is a buck/muff. His forward b special holds them by the collar and blasts them away...straight thug ****.

My shoutouts are short and sweet.

Marvel/Streetfighter crowd: GGs, the cabinets were so high maintenance that I could not resist playing on them. I played more casuals in MvC2 and Third Strike than brawl :laugh: . As a matter of fact, I played zero brawl friendlies. I <3 planet zero owners. Easily one of the top 5 arcades that I've ever seen.

Dojo: I could not have prepared for you any better than practice against Infinity. Don't get frustrated when Snake controls the stage. We can go over the matchup sometime...just throw me a pm. Falco dawg...I know that character too well for you to throw him out against me.

Infinity: Get MO SLEEP! Bring your A game to a big tournament...seriously wtf?

gNess: Congrats in putting Sethlon in losers. I contemplated playing a kirby ditto, but elected not to. Always good to see other kirby's in tournament.

Trex/ Mr.3000: I said at A-Fest that Dallas was gonna make an impact. Melee1 and I were focused on first and second; but life happens and you work what ya got! Our match was too close. I failed with the CG that 3rd match and near costed me the set (oh noes). Because of that, our 3rd game coulda gone either way. I'll be sure to play you and anyone else much harder. You and 3000 left early...what the heezy? Hit me up on aim sometime.

Forbidden Ranger: Don't take the loss so personally. Be a good sport and look forward to your next match.

Bwett: That set was possibly the hardest/best I've ever played against you. Dallas LEVEL UP!

And finally Stiltz: Great job **** wreaking me. Your olimar game is very solid. I apologize for adjusting so late and giving horrible sets against you. I look forward to playing you and the rest of Houston in future tournaments. Keep it up bro! Remember...Rep yo city by improving your community.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
M2k will most likely attend HOBO11 so i highly recommend to ANYONE and EVERY one who is think about attending hobo11 to plz request off the days october 4th.

Gnes

Smash Master
Definitely plan on attending the Oct. 4th tourny.
Lucario's manliness > Ike's manliness. He slams heads onto the floor and stomps on people from the air. I mean, come on...his jab is a buck/muff. His forward b special holds them by the collar and blasts them away...straight thug ****.

My shoutouts are short and sweet.

Marvel/Streetfighter crowd: GGs, the cabinets were so high maintenance that I could not resist playing on them. I played more casuals in MvC2 and Third Strike than brawl :laugh: . As a matter of fact, I played zero brawl friendlies. I <3 planet zero owners. Easily one of the top 5 arcades that I've ever seen.

Dojo: I could not have prepared for you any better than practice against Infinity. Don't get frustrated when Snake controls the stage. We can go over the matchup sometime...just throw me a pm. Falco dawg...I know that character too well for you to throw him out against me.

Infinity: Get MO SLEEP! Bring your A game to a big tournament...seriously wtf?

gNess: Congrats in putting Sethlon in losers. I contemplated playing a kirby ditto, but elected not to. Always good to see other kirby's in tournament.

Trex/ Mr.3000: I said at A-Fest that Dallas was gonna make an impact. Melee1 and I were focused on first and second; but life happens and you work what ya got! Our match was too close. I failed with the CG that 3rd match and near costed me the set (oh noes). Because of that, our 3rd game coulda gone either way. I'll be sure to play you and anyone else much harder. You and 3000 left early...what the heezy? Hit me up on aim sometime.

Forbidden Ranger: Don't take the loss so personally. Be a good sport and look forward to your next match.

Bwett: That set was possibly the hardest/best I've ever played against you. Dallas LEVEL UP!

And finally Stiltz: Great job **** wreaking me. Your olimar game is very solid. I apologize for adjusting so late and giving horrible sets against you. I look forward to playing you and the rest of Houston in future tournaments. Keep it up bro! Remember...Rep yo city by improving your community.
Thanks...sorry for not givin u much of a challenge(thats what it seemed like lol)...I hadnt played a snake of your skill before(i havent even played T-rex)so i was really clueless what to do lol...if u come again...lets do a kirby ditto...ill definetly be alot better by then...GJ in getting second man...

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about the wait guys. My job couldnt wait for me to come back so i could train noobs. >.>

Uploading the vids now.

Edit: Alrighty some of them are finishing the youtube processing crap(waste of time >.>) so ill be editing this post with new vids that are done and rdy to watch. Lets begin shall we :D

Dr. Mario Guy vs. Hylian Quarterfinals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rE9A4NU1Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVDfBTohrqU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugsqRCQNy0E

Dr. Mario Guy vs. Stiltz Semifinals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9v6Np4IH4o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlctsMxTznA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx8Cu_GESiA

Dojo vs. D4bA Semifinals(i think i may have missed a match here):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfNh4_8blC8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtNBA6MG1sM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj57Q2RSRTk

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
SmileyStation: did you record the matches of Dojo and I doing our Falcon / Ganon matches? I think he had his name on and I was player 1. It'd be awesome if you could upload those :)
The only vids i recorded were from tv 15 in the front. So any other matches i didnt record. Sorry :(

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we played on that. We had a Falcon/Ganon match right after you said you were recording near the beginning. We also played a Peach/Falcon match.
OH snap, my bad. Lemme check the vids and see if i can find it. I still cant guarantee any thing, but ill get back to you in a sec.

Edit: Sorry i didnt record that match. :(

Top Bottom