• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hobo 10(houston,tx)=118 players!!!

Bwett

Smash Ace
it's 50/50 if I can go, but will anyone help me with my plane ticket?

it's a risk enough to go when my mom doesn't want me to travel outside of EC during college

edit - I don't know if I can go to this one since I would have no ride from my place to cactuar's guaranteed (mom gets back too late, and she wouldn't want me to go anyway) on Friday, but I would like to come to one in the future if possible
When you do come, I would love to get a $1 mm or just a serious set with you. Test out my yoshi :).

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
it's 50/50 if I can go, but will anyone help me with my plane ticket?

it's a risk enough to go when my mom doesn't want me to travel outside of EC during college

edit - I don't know if I can go to this one since I would have no ride from my place to cactuar's guaranteed (mom gets back too late, and she wouldn't want me to go anyway) on Friday, but I would like to come to one in the future if possible
So is this a cancel? if it is its ok i just need to know.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
no it's like 50/50 that i'll come im trying to see if i can bring Azen with me but he didn't respond yet, I really want him to come

edit - will there be teams at this???

oovideogamegodoo (10:13:47 PM): Azennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Azen Zagenite (10:15:17 PM): lollz
oovideogamegodoo (10:15:29 PM): lets go
Azen Zagenite (10:15:29 PM): is it one or two days?
oovideogamegodoo (10:15:32 PM): 1 day
Azen Zagenite (10:15:40 PM): i could prolly go

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
no it's like 50/50 that i'll come im trying to see if i can bring Azen with me but he didn't respond yet, I really want him to come

edit - will there be teams at this???

oovideogamegodoo (10:13:47 PM): Azennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Azen Zagenite (10:15:17 PM): lollz
oovideogamegodoo (10:15:29 PM): lets go
Azen Zagenite (10:15:29 PM): is it one or two days?
oovideogamegodoo (10:15:32 PM): 1 day
Azen Zagenite (10:15:40 PM): i could prolly go
wan do a 30 dollar MM m2k?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
i Dont Really Like Money Matches Since I Dont Even Have A Wii, But If You Really Want Me To I Will

Anyway

It Mostly Depends On If There's Teams Or Not, And If Azen Will Go With Me And Pick Me Up

I'm Talking To Him Now.... Is There Teams?
Mew2king Low Tier Tournament Was Canceleed And Replaced With Teams

Also:it Will Be Crowded And I Wanted A 30 Dollar Mm To Ensure A Match With You

A Match Would Be Nice I Dont Mind Paying Money To To It ^_^.....

Cya

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which, they buffed up the price 5 bucks for both singles and doubles for this next hobo. I'm glad that that makes the pot a lot bigger for doubles, though.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
hmm i guess i lost my popularity except for my homies pipes. onii and killa some what.
well i suck again at spam a brwl.....
i saw some guy shoot 56 arows in one match against axxo..... that was the gheyest point and the breaking point for me....

T-rex you own me...... in GG
Kage whats up...
um.... thats it i guess...
i thought i would get more shout outs.... but nagh i guess not....

legendarypimp

Smash Rookie
(This is Dreoh)
Lol, who is this are you the diddy i faced or the link? The link person i was so close to beating, but the diddy... those **** bananas, i cant get past them, and if u were the link i took out ur very first stock with the items and with only 16% lol
i think he was referring to my diddy... sorry man, diddy just goes ape-**** over bananas :0)

for those of you who dont know... im Legendary Pimp!!

pimpslap... dont go stealing ppls tag man... that is so uncool in many ways!

plus u got a upgrade...

heres an example: pimpslap->masterpimp->maybe, then maybe-> legendarypimp

g-regulate

Smash Hero
m2k its douchey and rude to go around demanding that people hold bigger tournaments FOR YOU, but then also trying to get them to pay for your plane ticket? just so you can win all their money? youll probably complain all over the boards when they dont have a certain amount of entrants. i think you are just realizing that everyone should "get paid" for their hard work at something, but brawl isnt one of those things. its a hobby, a fun side-thing at best, thats just the facts.

p.s. mouf is my hero

Inui

Banned via Warnings
m2k its douchey and rude to go around demanding that people hold bigger tournaments FOR YOU, but then also trying to get them to pay for your plane ticket? just so you can win all their money? youll probably complain all over the boards when they dont have a certain amount of entrants. i think you are just realizing that everyone should "get paid" for their hard work at something, but brawl isnt one of those things. its a hobby, a fun side-thing at best, thats just the facts.
QTF

Jason, I think it's lame of you to ask the people that won't win money with you there to pay for your ticket when you have a rather larger savings account and will profit from attending a huge Texas event anyways.

There is also further lameness in you asking ME personally to pay for you to team with me when you know I can't really afford it. As a friend and crewmate you should just come with me and team with me. I can get you to the airport and everything, but noooo, you want to take Azen, lol.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
We will not pay for his tix. If he does attend he will easily walk out with OVER 1k. not to mention teams and MMs he will win. We will take care of his food/housing/transportation. Its free money. and sinc hes bringing AZEN, they could split everything and gain even more.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Average cost of my tournament weekends:

$10 for singles
$5 for doubles
$25 for gas (I drive a truck. I know, I know....stupid)
$20 for food
$25 for misc. cost (dates w/ Xyro's mom)

A couple of those figures maybe a stretch. Still, I'm not paying for all of that AND someone's plane ticket. That would be silly.

Don't get me wrong. I am praying the to the Brawl gods and sacrificing babies so that M2K and Azen will be able to show up. I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense for other players to pay for someone else's mode of transportation.

M2K: Gorilla match?

Gea

Smash Master
Average cost of my tournament weekends:

$10 for singles
$5 for doubles
$25 for gas (I drive a truck. I know, I know....stupid)
$20 for food
$25 for misc. cost (dates w/ Xyro's mom)

A couple of those figures maybe a stretch. Still, I'm not paying for all of that AND someone's plane ticket. That would be silly.

Don't get me wrong. I am praying the to the Brawl gods and sacrificing babies so that M2K and Azen will be able to show up. I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense for other players to pay for someone else's mode of transportation.

M2K: Gorilla match?

Its now 15 for singles and 10 for doubles.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
pipes thats true and legendarypimp i did not steal your name dug finn forced it own me i go by hawki in my gamertag anyways....

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Really late...but Shoutouts!

Stiltz - Holy Crap dude. Great stuff winning :). Major Props!!! Your Olimar is almost as sexy as your hair!

D4vA - Congrats on upsetting a ton of people! You played really well.

Dojo - ****! You finally beat me ^_^! You keep getting betting every time I see you. Soon you won't lose to anyone lol.

DMG - Awesome set :). Sucks what happened vs stiltz.

Gnes - I saw you play and I was impressed :).

Sandtrap - GG's.

Xyro - Awesome job repping Samus :). I <3 that character so keep doing it! And you are amazing as a host as usual.

RoyR - Good to see you again Roy!!! I'm suprised you got 9th, but I'm sure you will **** us all next time :).

Infinity - Good job in teams! We never got to play though :(.

Lee Harris - Thanks for driving. The ride back was toooo fun :).

Mr. 3000 - We never played :(. In fact, I only saw you once lol.

Fogo - Still too funny.

Kalo Kross - Fun teams games.

Sethlon - Ouch. This just wasn't your tournament. **** happens though and we learn from it. That's how we get better :). Bounce Back and own the next tournament :). I know you can.

Bwett - I love watching your Yoshi man. That's all.

Vash - good to see you again man! You are too funny of a guy :).

Furbs - I hope everything went well with your Wii. Awesome seeing you again!!!!!

Gea - We never played :(.

Santi - I really should of hung out more with you guys. Sorry!

Zori - Fun set!

Smiley Station - Thanks for recording stuff and nice kirby!

TakeUrLife - Why place so low then beat me in MM's? XD.

BadNewsBear - Sorry we didn't get to hang out much.

TalesDoll - We need to finish our MM! RCMM was too fun.

Tuexedo Maniac - CLOSE MM! :)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I'm looking at tickets, I'll know in a few days

btw the only reason I asked for ppl to pay for my flight is cuz im still extremely pissed at CH4. If it was only CH4, I wouldn't care much, but extreme bad luck cases with tourney money has happened many many times in the past, that's just the final blow and I'm really mad about it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
btw the only reason I asked for ppl to pay for my flight is cuz im still extremely pissed at CH4. If it was only CH4, I wouldn't care much, but extreme bad luck cases with tourney money has happened many many times in the past, that's just the final blow and I'm really mad about it.
Amount of money 95% of people make off of Smash: $0
Amount you make off of every tournament: Generally whatever 1st pays out in both events with the occassional split.
How much money you have in savings: Almost $20,000? Pardon me if I'm wrong.
How much most people have extra: A small fraction of what you have, lol. Sometimes they are in the negative from debt and responsibilities.

If you can't see why I found it gay of you to ask me to pay you to team with me, then that's a problem, lol.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm looking at tickets, I'll know in a few days

out of curiousity, how much would your ticket cost, because I really want to see you attend this torney so I can finally and possibly kick your butt, really I might not be as well known as you are but I soon will be, trust me.

btw, have you ever challenged Ken?

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
i saw some guy shoot 56 arows in one match against axxo..... that was the gheyest point and the breaking point for me....
Lol, that was my friend coolfool, he does that sometimes. :p
I'm not surprised he was doing that, though...axxo's rob and falco are too good.

Were you counting how many arrows he shot? Cuz that seems like a good estimation, lol i can imagine every1 watching his matches, drooling, being like, '534, 535, 536, 537...'

I think Xyro watched that matchup too, and was all like, 'MAN this is BORING as %*$&#!' xD

Edit: In M2K's defense for asking for ppl to pay for his plane tix, he IS kind of a big deal in the smash community. Houston tourney turnouts will skyrocket whenever he comes, and him coming to HOBOs influences other pros from all over to come to HOBOs as well. Both of these factors greatly add popularity to the Houston tourneys and smash scene. Also, he's spending time and money traveling to Houston while he could probably be going to a tourney somewhere MUCH closer.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Edit: In M2K's defense for asking for ppl to pay for his plane tix, he IS kind of a big deal in the smash community. Houston tourney turnouts will skyrocket whenever he comes, and him coming to HOBOs influences other pros from all over to come to HOBOs as well. Both of these factors greatly add popularity to the Houston tourneys and smash scene. Also, he's spending time and money traveling to Houston while he could probably be going to a tourney somewhere MUCH closer.
wow you can't be serious.

if this is so true then why don't you pay for him?

-_-

oh wait he's just gonna take your money anyway and he has a huge savings account of all tourney winnings like inui said

Top Bottom