• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hobo 10(houston,tx)=118 players!!!

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Lol, that was my friend coolfool, he does that sometimes. :p
I'm not surprised he was doing that, though...axxo's rob and falco are too good.

Were you counting how many arrows he shot? Cuz that seems like a good estimation, lol i can imagine every1 watching his matches, drooling, being like, '534, 535, 536, 537...'

I think Xyro watched that matchup too, and was all like, 'MAN this is BORING as %*$&#!' xD
Oh, that's who the Pit he talked about was? xD. By the way, was that Matias or Nicolas? I don't know their Brawl names lol.

Gnes

Smash Master
Thanks Hylian...im glad to impress people heheheh...Im a fan of those ice climbers...play them more so i can cheer like a giddy little girl :)

Hmm...regarding M2K...most people in Texas are strapped for money...Idiots like me take off from work too much effectively ruining our paychecks...Honestly im a really too nice for my own good and would actually help u out however...im broker than the Hobo that was sleepin outside of PZ {OH CRAP THAT WAS KAILO!!!! j/k man ur super cool :) }

hectichobo

Smash Ace
OMG IT SED HOBOS IN THE THREAD!!! :D THATS IN MY NAME!!!!
this ^ was worth the minor spam infraction.. -.-

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Oh, that's who the Pit he talked about was? xD. By the way, was that Matias or Nicolas? I don't know their Brawl names lol.
Yeah, it was Mat. Mat's brawl name is coolfool, and nic's is salocin. Hmm...that reminds me...i needa post all the lamar and bellair smashers' brawl names and chars. I'll get to that. :p

wow you can't be serious.

if this is so true then why don't you pay for him?

-_-

oh wait he's just gonna take your money anyway and he has a huge savings account of all tourney winnings like inui said
I go to tourneys primarily for practice and fun, and if im lucky, i'll get some money to boot.
Besides, he said WAS asking, not IS. Whatever, I don't want a flame war. :dizzy:

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Ah, Ike...

Anyways. Got some news. It is good... I'm about 90% sure that Hobo 11 will be held in a bigger venue than PZ. More details on that next week when I get back from Colorado. (TGM, I talked to the agent, looked at properties, and it's looking good. Got two selected that have potential. I'm holding out until next week, in case I find something better. I should be able to get more concrete details after Ike stops F-smashing Houston). If it all pans out... Hobo 11 has the potential to be a two day event with pools and stuff (depends on if the Houston Smash community feel like it), but more on that later... TGM, I'll also send you more info, including the marketing campaign, on Whobo (cute name for the 2009 event, eh? The W stands for "World".... Ah, I love puns, heh) when I get back on Monday.

Long story short, if you guys thought Hobo 10 was cool, wait till you see what's in store...

M2K, et al. It'd be awesome if you attend. We got you covered once you get here, but you got to get here on your own, you know. The cheapest plane tickets I found were $238 (plus $46 for taxes) for a ROUND trip. That's not that much money really. Go to www.cheaptickets.com to see them. Hope this helps maybe. I'm sorry you got burned at CH4, but WE always deliver prize money, so no worries there.

Oh, Pimpslap, no, you told me the name Legendary at the tourney, then I repeated it in a questioning way, like, "Legendary Pimp?" because I wanted to make sure that's what you had said (because I knew that wasn't what you normally go as) and you said, "Sure, whatever." Then I shrugged and said, "OK, you're Legendary Pimp now," and typed it into Tio. You never told me any other name before that, or tried to change it, in fact you agreed. I didn't force anything onto you so please don't say I did. But it's OK, it got fixed and I'll just give you and the real LegendaryPimp both a sprite or something at the next Hobo so there won't be any bad miasma between any of us three, cool? .... Then I'll secretly give you the hardest bracket of your life! Naw, I'm kidding! Heh. You know I think you're groovy. *wink*

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
yes give me the hardest bracket so i can destroy it with my dragon ball tenkaichi ,dolby surround sound, Captain America, ARMS. lolz i need to play people i demand you quite whatever your doing in life and come play me

and ike is going to ather storm us and thats ghey..... lolz

legendarypimp

Smash Rookie
dugg,

there are no hard feelings... im glad that u and tmg were able to fix everything fast and smoothly. the tourny was great as usual, hopefully we can get it bigger and better in the up coming hobos. hola.

p.s. getting power back is like winning hobo for the first time :)

p.p.s i never really won hobo, but im sure the feeling is similiar.

Santi

Smash Lord
Woah 25th Santi :) Still really good! Represent TL! FTW
I had to play Gnes first round ;(
He got fifth. And all our matches were close one stock and we went to the final match ;(

And I lost to Stiltz in the losers bracket ;(
final match ;(

Olimar VS. TL ;(

Top Bottom