• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitstun/shield stun Thread

kupo15

Smash Hero
15% is to my liking.
I feel like 10% is also very viable, but the 15 setting is my favorite.
There are some fairly long combos with 15%, but nothing over the top players can't escape. As far as I can tell.
I like 3F100000 which is like 17%? My friends back home also say its perfect and there DI is good. I cant wait to brawl with them this weekend. Ill have vids of 3F1

BrutalBrutal

Smash Cadet
Too little

I think that 10% is too little. I'm for 15% at the least. Brawl's level of hitstun is tiny. Adding to 10% to practically nothing is not going to help matters.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
lol, i bet its insane. But me and my friend played a few matches with the 3F0 code. Both of us played characters we're un-familiar with but their fun to watch. I'll try to post them in a few hours.

Almas

Smash Lord
Yeah, a similar consensus was reached with my group of players earlier. 15% seemed a tad too much (especially seeing as we'll be speeding up the gameplay), but 10% just didn't pack enough power. The % thing is pretty nonsensical, btw, as +10% doesn't really mean +10% hitstun, but it seems to work as a means of naming the different forms of hitstun. AFAIK, anyway, I don't have a full grasp of the mechanics.

11% - 3F028F5C
12% - 3F051EB8
13% - 3F07AE14
14% - 3F0A3D71

storm92

Smash Ace
So earlier I was testing out chars in Training with normal grav, MAD (doesn't really make a difference there though, except for messing around with Weegee's sliding), no tripping, Auto-L-Canceling and 15% hitstun.
It feels perfect, I love it so much. It's much like Melee style combos, such as Luigi's Dthrow-->Utilt-->Utilt-->Usmash-->Double Uair on fast fallers (against Ganon for me).
It feels very natural, yet the DI is at the level that good players will be able to DI after the original combo and stop anything further. 10% still feels too little for me.
I suggest people try out 15% in Training, you will love it. The only qualm I have is Fox, who looks like he will be a beast again. His Dair-->Utilt-->repeat combo is good at mid %'s on fast fallers, probably on low %'s against lighter chars.

I'm really liking how this is turning out.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yeah, a similar consensus was reached with my group of players earlier. 15% seemed a tad too much (especially seeing as we'll be speeding up the gameplay), but 10% just didn't pack enough power. The % thing is pretty nonsensical, btw, as +10% doesn't really mean +10% hitstun, but it seems to work as a means of naming the different forms of hitstun. AFAIK, anyway, I don't have a full grasp of the mechanics.

11% - 3F028F5C
12% - 3F051EB8
13% - 3F07AE14
14% - 3F0A3D71
Good ****, I'm going to try out 13 soon because 10 was beast but 15 might just be a TAD much. :p

kupo15

Smash Hero
Can ppl who post about there tests also mention if they have gravity hacks on or off also? Ill be trying out 3F10000 soon which is what, 18%? :p

zxeon

Smash Lord
Can ppl who post about there tests also mention if they have gravity hacks on or off also? Ill be trying out 3F10000 soon which is what, 18%? :p
I've been using 3F100000 and it's the perfect setting IMO. You need to be quick but you have plenty of time as well.

I'm so confused! I'm not sure which setting I'm on now.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea it seems really good and I friends at home say its perfect. Since atm I only tested it on CPUs, I figure that if comboing is really easy on them (aka noobs) then its perfect since good DI will make the combing harder. But I hope to test it on ppl really soon but I def will this weekend.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Yea it seems really good and I friends at home say its perfect. Since atm I only tested it on CPUs, I figure that if comboing is really easy on them (aka noobs) then its perfect since good DI will make the combing harder. But I hope to test it on ppl really soon but I def will this weekend.
I was playing against some friends this weekend and it felt right. You could combo but your target could DI out of it if they knew what was coming.

zxeon

Smash Lord
I wish I could. What I do have though is a bundle of replays along with a codec (The GCT file of codes used during those matches) But no way to upload it to anywhere that people could download it. If anyone is really interested I could try to find a way.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I'm comboing with 10% no gravity mods, I think 12 or 13 are the ones though.

EDIT: And I have some replays with storm but they kinda seem slow and make us look nooby due to coast to coast button delay. :p

storm92

Smash Ace
I'm comboing with 10% no gravity mods, I think 12 or 13 are the ones though.

EDIT: And I have some replays with storm but they kinda seem slow and make us look nooby due to coast to coast button delay. :p
Seriously, I think I missed all but one tech ahaha. The lag on Wi-Fi just kills my game as well, so those wouldn't be the best to upload. =P

storm92

Smash Ace
Let's talk to MALRWiiStation360 from Youtube.
That guy is a genius at stuff like that. O.o

Requiem for a Dream works too, it's only like the epic song of our generation.

So the 3F100000 works well for me. It seems like it's slightly above 15%, but not enough to notice a huge difference.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I'm using 13% with 1.165 gravity code and 1.0625 damage ratio code (to offset gravity effects on vertical attacks). Feels pretty good, maybe try 12% later. I suggest that people at least try playing with gravity codes, don't write it off just because you used a setting that was way too high the first time around.

IM_A_HUSTLA

Smash Journeyman
using gravity is just too much, with 10% its almost perfect but everything still feels too easy, and with gravity it would just mean more teching is needed

Dan_X

Smash Lord
So far I play using 10%... though I feel it could go a tad higher... what's a point above 10%? I heard 15% seems to be too much, is that surely the case? What's a good medium, 13%? I don't use gravity mods, and don't plan to.. so.. yeah, any help would be appreciated. :)

err

Smash Journeyman
man i looove 15%

but i guess i was getting some really easy u-throw -> knees from 65% - 96% in dittos

i thought it was just crappy opponent DI

poklin

Smash Apprentice
so you guys with gravity what do you think? im playing with 1.175 and 13% seems a little to much although i'm not playing a real opponent.

storm92

Smash Ace
So far I play using 10%... though I feel it could go a tad higher... what's a point above 10%? I heard 15% seems to be too much, is that surely the case? What's a good medium, 13%? I don't use gravity mods, and don't plan to.. so.. yeah, any help would be appreciated. :)
I'd just say try it out for yourself. I've played with friends and it didn't seem to be too much, rather on the contrary. I thought it was the perfect amount with real, non-CPU DI and SDI.

Top Bottom