• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitstun/shield stun Thread

Almas

Smash Lord
Had a quick play around with this - very interesting stuff. Will have to decide which codes I want to use, though. Using a gravity code feels kinda dodgy because I'd rather have a fall-speed code. S-cancelling is also looking nice while shieldstun isn't around, but I don't want to get accustomed to it (I think I'll have to get rid of MAD on that note, too).

Something interesting - Fox' shine now knocks people flat on their back. Certainly gives it uses now, even if it's even more transformed from the melee shine I know and love.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Some1 in the Melee boards claimed that they played with this hitstun hack and that it made MK and Olimar "********".

True, or is this guy talking out of his ***?

Almas

Smash Lord
The code on the first page is the level of hitstun that brawl has normally. Substitute the bolded text for 3F000000.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Wow, we was just on 1.3 when i went to work and now look at how far yah have come. Good work guys and special thnx to PW.

Now, let me get this right, i take the code on the first page, change the bolded part to 3F0 and thats it?
No, It should be 3F0 then fill the rest with zeros (idk how many zeros give the segment the right amount of numbers)

Alright now that we have a hitstun modifier code here's the stuff we need to make Brawl+ a very exciting looking game:

-Momentum modifier (As in be able to run/jump faster and farther)

-1.5x gravity affects falls, fast falls, and short hops.

-Normal gravity affects jump, 2nd jump, and recovery.

-Reduce the range of auto-ledge snapping.

-Disable fast falled Dairs (cstick) when falling.

-crouch cancel into any move while dashing
You are getting over excited lol after I said several times what is lined up. Look at the hackers checklist to see whats coming and debate about what you think should come next
Some1 in the Melee boards claimed that they played with this hitstun hack and that it made MK and Olimar "********".

True, or is this guy talking out of his ***?
Probably full of ****...
Has anybody been experimenting with different hitstun variables?

Out of the two that PW gave us I find the first one more reasonable. The second one is quite literally Smash 64 levels of hitstun.
You know you guys, you are not limited to those two. I think the next one below 3F000000 is like 3EFFFFFF or something like that. Codes go from 0-F

metaXzero

Smash Champion
In the "Can Brawl+ succeed" thread in the Melee boards, guy named superryan says

MK can D-throw-->N-air-->D-tilt-->D--tilt. He says a d-tilt lock can come out of this. Guy also claims Olimar has a 0-50% combo.

Someone confirm/deconfirmed this (and go to the Melee boards and post in that thread).

kupo15

Smash Hero
In the "Can Brawl+ succeed" thread in the Melee boards, guy named superryan says

MK can D-throw-->N-air-->D-tilt-->D--tilt. He says a d-tilt lock can come out of this. Guy also claims Olimar has a 0-50% combo.

Someone confirm/deconfirmed this (and go to the Melee boards and post in that thread).
on my way to deliver the bad news

storm92

Smash Ace
Heh, just relax kupo and don't take it personally. I'm pretty sure everyone's just very excited about the new code being out and want to get it as perfect as can be.
Anyways, I would say we start off simple.
That would be in figuring out how much hitstun we even want for Brawl+, whether it be Melee, 64, or a new level.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Heh, just relax kupo and don't take it personally. I'm pretty sure everyone's just very excited about the new code being out and want to get it as perfect as can be.
Anyways, I would say we start off simple.
That would be in figuring out how much hitstun we even want for Brawl+, whether it be Melee, 64, or a new level.
Either I suck at teching or I'm looking at Snake's f-tilt lock a tad bit broken.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Either I suck at teching or I'm looking at Snake's f-tilt lock a tad bit broken.
You suck at teching like I proved to you lol...wait what am i doing....:mad:

I understand ppl are excited, but ppl are just spazzing out and some are like giving up already...its frustrating...

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
well we have the modifier for a reason, dont we? The combos in training mode might look big, but they have to be tested against DI anyway before you can say anything.

I'm throwing together a quick vid of two combos just for the hell of it (really to test my vid capture).

kupo15

Smash Hero
well we have the modifier for a reason, dont we? The combos in training mode might look big, but they have to be tested against DI anyway before you can say anything.

I'm throwing together a quick vid of two combos just for the hell of it (really to test my vid capture).
sweet! Cant wait to see them!

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Nothing crazy, but they're done with only the hitstun hack and no other modifies. I'll probably do a few more shorties like this during the week, to tide people over until your vids come out, Kupo ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4YlQ6XDZr0

edit: actually, the combo meter resets on the Oli one, but I'm pretty sure I got it to connect on a few tries (just picked a random one out of the batch)
edit again: yup, 9 hits, 53% if done right. I think it depends on the pikmin though. Like, you need a red on the utilt for best results...

poklin

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how ppl can complain about some thing being "too good" or ever "broken" for that matter brawl is a steaming pile of **** that can't possible be any worse imo.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Awee, you could have continued the falcon combo with an Uair and maybe end it with a 64 YES! Combo! Pretty cool! And nice capture card!

Revven

FrankerZ
Yes and how exactly are we supposed to know what the variables are?
I'm pretty sure it's in Floating Points. Unless, I'm completely mistaken (which I can be). You could always search around for something that calculates what the number of whatever would make such and such address come up. But, you would need PW to tell you the numbers or whatever... at that point, he may as well have just posted the list of values.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure it's in Floating Points. Unless, I'm completely mistaken (which I can be). You could always search around for something that calculates what the number of whatever would make such and such address come up. But, you would need PW to tell you the numbers or whatever... at that point, he may as well have just posted the list of values.
When the gravity mod code came out, someone posted a floating point to hex converter. I'm surprised it wasn't re-posted for this. I'll try to track it down.

storm92

Smash Ace
The 30% one is ridiculous haha, it is so much fun to combo with but definitely not viable for competitive play. Playing as CF against a lvl 6 CPU Ganon, at 70% he Usmash'd me 5 times in a row because I couldn't AD/jump out because there was so much hitstun. It's fun to mess around with, but definitely not even close to possible.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I think maybe 10 or 15% should be the standard, but then again still needs more testing in matches against real players. With that said, anyone want to play since they locked my thread?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'll play you.
What codes on?
Alright, FC: 0130-1455-9591

No tripping
MAD and Wavedash 2.1 (I'd rather not play with this, lol)
Auto- L canceling
Hitstun 10%

Do you mind if we have the MAD/wavedashing off or no? Because I really don't like it in Brawl+.

storm92

Smash Ace
Alright, FC: 0130-1455-9591

No tripping
MAD and Wavedash 2.1 (I'd rather not play with this, lol)
Auto- L canceling
Hitstun 10%

Do you mind if we have the MAD/wavedashing off or no? Because I really don't like it in Brawl+.
MAD causes Wi-Fi disconnects anyways, so we can take that off.
Sounds good to me.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yea, this can't be decided without weeks of testing every option and every character. I shall be putting up videos this weekend with G and we will be testing out different levels of hitstun.

I think I should start organizing the discussion of stun length. If anyone sees anything broken or not right at any value, post so I can keep track in the OP to help narrow things down

Almas

Smash Lord
With 15% hitstun, fox can utilt->dair->utilt at certain %s. Can't say for sure how powerful it is since I haven't tested against a player yet. Against a computer I managed to land a 23 hit combo for 95% damage.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
With 15% hitstun, fox can utilt->dair->utilt at certain %s. Can't say for sure how powerful it is since I haven't tested against a player yet. Against a computer I managed to land a 23 hit combo for 95% damage.
I'm sure smash DI will tame that beast. That's why we need some match vids to see whats really good.

storm92

Smash Ace
15% is to my liking.
I feel like 10% is also very viable, but the 15 setting is my favorite.
There are some fairly long combos with 15%, but nothing over the top players can't escape. As far as I can tell.

Top Bottom