• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitstun/shield stun Thread

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Marioblaze, did you even READ my posts?!

I used your characters from the very beginning. I used Falco, I used Fox, I used Captain Falcon, I used Wolf, I used Pit, I used EVERYONE.

I used Falco and Fox THE MOST. I used lasers, I used jabs, I used tilts. I Perfect Shielded REPEATEDLY, constantly, as in, hit after hit.

I didn't just gloss over this glitch, man. It HAS NOT HAPPENED.

It only happened ONCE to Falco400 in many matches.

It is NOT common.

The new shieldstun code is FINE. It is vastly better than the Shield Slide code that the previous shieldstun code was.

People, STOP being afraid of this glitch!

EDIT: If a better bode can be made, one that never glitches, then that is obviously preferred. But until then, this code is better than the previous code, so use it instead. Barring that rare glitch, this code has the shieldstun mechanics that will be in the final build and thus this code is far more accurate for testing purposes.
Using the previous code means you can't properly find shield-break combos since the slide completely prevents that.

Use this code. When the next version comes out, it'll likely be the definitive version. But staying with the old shieldstun code because you're scared of a rare glitch is ludicrous and will just hinder testing progress.

@Sketch
The glitch you're talking about is with the old shieldstun code, IIRC. The glitch Marioblaze and Falco400 are talking about is this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrYBZlXwyEQ

Which has only happened ONCE to Falco400, and has not been replicated by anyone else, not even Falco400 himself. It's nothing to worry about.

The only true glitch the new shieldstun code has is that the second value doesn't seem to be doing anything, but kupo is already on the case and even without that the code still has perfect shieldstun mechanics.
Happened to me like almost every time. o.O Maybe 2.75 doesn't get affected as much?

EDIT: Just tried 2.75 and it didn't happen at all, that's real weird but w/e! :p I'm bringing this to the tourney. ^__^

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I didn't test if you can roll or not but I think 3 for weak hits is fine. I don't really know about strong hits, I didn't really have a problem with it.
Make sure that you can roll!!! If you're unable to roll, then it means that not only are jabs safe on block (which is what we wanted), but they can also be used for guaranteed shieldstabs any time you jab someone's shield.

I can't test it myself at the moment since I don't have an SD card. I mostly just play when my friends come over.

Alopex

Smash Ace
@Marioblaze
Yeah, it's weird cause Falco400 also used 3/3 when the glitch happened. Go figure. From my testing, 2.75/3 is the ideal value anyway, so not only are you getting the glitch fixed, but you get more balanced stun time as a bonus. Woot!
I'm glad you got the code to work for you. Make sure you come tell us how the tourney went!

@Dark Sonic
When do you say we should be able to roll? During shieldstun, right after...?
Give me the specifics of what you're looking for and I'll go test it.

I don't know if anyone's noticed yet, but I'm pretty adamant about this mechanic. ^.^

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
@Dark Sonic
When do you say we should be able to roll? During shieldstun, right after...?
Give me the specifics of what you're looking for and I'll go test it.

I don't know if anyone's noticed yet, but I'm pretty adamant about this mechanic. ^.^
Basically, if you can do a full jab combo and then hit them with another jab before the character can roll, then there's a problem.

Top Bottom