• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitstun/shield stun Thread

GPDP

Smash Ace
Ah, shield stun is finally out. Thank God.

I'll go test a few values in a bit. It's pretty confusing so far. But it should at least be 3 on both the 11-liner and one liner, right?

zxeon

Smash Lord
Ah, shield stun is finally out. Thank God.

I'll go test a few values in a bit. It's pretty confusing so far. But it should at least be 3 on both the 11-liner and one liner, right?
I think that's the popular oppinion right now.

I just got done tesing 4 on stun and 3 on slide. You dont get much stun on jabs but smash attacks send your opponent sliding back locked in thier shields for like 1 second. It might be too much but I feel comfortable in saying that this setting will allow you to apply shield pressure without the fear of being shield grabbed immediately afterwards. You just have to use the right moves.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
What Almas said sounds reasonable, however, zxeon is under the impression one affects shieldstun and the other shieldslide.

I'll test myself in another hour.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Shouldn't it be backwards? 3 on stun and 4 on slide (i.e. the one liner)?

Magus420

Smash Master
Sooo... people are using 3 for the multiplier and 4 for the addition and that is 'pretty good'?

It'd be nice to get a better explanation of that formula because it officially makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. With those settings and going off that formula you should be able to do a lot of blocked aerial->grabs while they're still stunned, and really dumb things like walking up angled f-smash with Luigi (an absurd ~27 frames of stun on a 15 dmg move o_O)->grab... and even uaf-smash->uaf-smash->etc trapping them in their shield for however long it takes to be pushed away enough.

zxeon

Smash Lord
I'm shure the one liner affects slide.

Try plugging -9000 (C60CA000) into the one liner. Your opponent should be pulled off the stage at an alarming rate.

On the one line code negative values pull your opponent in and posititve values push them away.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Sooo... people are using 3 for the multiplier and 4 for the addition and that is 'pretty good'?

It'd be nice to get a better explanation of that formula because it officially makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. With those settings and going off that formula you should be able to do a lot of blocked aerial->grabs while they're still stunned, and really dumb things like walking up angled f-smash with Luigi (an absurd ~27 frames of stun on a 15 dmg move o_O)->grab... and even uaf-smash->uaf-smash->etc trapping them in their shield for however long it takes to be pushed away enough.
Ill ask spunit to clarify here.

Yea, I find that 3 for the 11 liner and 4 for the 1 liner is a good starting place

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I'm shure the one liner affects slide.

Try plugging -9000 (C60CA000) into the one liner. Your opponent should be pulled off the stage at an alarming rate.

On the one line code negative values pull your opponent in and posititve values push them away.
It doesn't effect slide exclusively, it just applies slide based on the stun. Set the 1 liner to 10 and do a jab. You will slide far, but also be stuck in your shield for about 5 seconds.

Once again, the 1 liner is not slide, it just couples slide with stun. The 11 liner doesn't seem to apply as much slide as the 1 liner, which is probably based on either the formula, or just how strong moves work as opposed to weak.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think we should have a code to counteract the slide. It makes moves like sonic Usmash not work right if you don't do a sliding usmash

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Kupo, could you update the main page with the basic 3/4 thing you are talking about in the code list? I'm really confused as to what numbers to plug in.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Alright, so far, 3 in the 11 liner and 4 in the 1 liner feels pretty good. The only thing that slightly disappoints is the added sliding, but I can more or less live with that, unless we can somehow counteract it with another code... or get a better shield stun code.

kupo15

Smash Hero
C28753EC 00000006
48000009 40400000
FC20F890 839F007C
A39C0006 2C1C001A
41820010 7F8802A6
C03C0000 FC2107F2
FC00081E 00000000
C277F78C 00000002
2C1C001D 41820008
B39E0006 2C1CFFFF
60000000 00000000

04B88468 40800000

two separate codes

shanus

Smash Hero
So what does the current shield stun codes do to the behaivor of the game. Is it to penalize the attacker more-so, or the shielder? I thought the purpose of the code was to make shielding less awesome as compared to how good it is now.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
So what does the current shield stun codes do to the behaivor of the game. Is it to penalize the attacker more-so, or the shielder? I thought the purpose of the code was to make shielding less awesome as compared to how good it is now.
That's what it does. Shields no longer offer that amazing counterattack option. Ironically, due to the added slide, it also makes it "harder" to shield pressure, but it's definitely a nerf, and helps the attacker more than the defender.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
That's what it does. Shields no longer offer that amazing counterattack option. Ironically, due to the added slide, it also makes it "harder" to shield pressure, but it's definitely a nerf, and helps the attacker more than the defender.
Played some matches with the ol 3/4 shield stun combo. I have mixed feelings about the push. In most instances I didn't like it. The push on Fox's dair (and most drill moves probably) keeps you in front, which actually kinda makes it easy to shield grab. I noticed Link's zair becomes really good, thouhg, as the push keeps you out.

If the push wasn't there, it might bring certain moves very close to overpowered status though. It's hard to tell without having the option to experiment though.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
If Fox's spam lasers in Brawl+, somethings wrong.
Seriously, the lasers will go back to how they were in Melee. Used for racking up a bit of damage and baiting the opponent.
not really. people play to win, and if spamming lasers turns out to be a good 'get off me' tactic, people will use it. shine>standing laser, i can see it now...not to mention if it has too much push it will make it hard for people trying to get to a camping falco (assuming his lasers have as much pushback)...

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@petre
I don't see why Fox would want many "get off me" moves, considering that he has to get in really close to do damage :-P.

zxeon

Smash Lord
It doesn't effect slide exclusively, it just applies slide based on the stun. Set the 1 liner to 10 and do a jab. You will slide far, but also be stuck in your shield for about 5 seconds.

Once again, the 1 liner is not slide, it just couples slide with stun. The 11 liner doesn't seem to apply as much slide as the 1 liner, which is probably based on either the formula, or just how strong moves work as opposed to weak.
I never said it affects slide exclusively.

I just had an idea why not try stacking the 1 line code? Make one value 4 and another -2 and see what happens? the larger number might just override the smaller one but if it doesn't then it could result in shield stun without a whole lot of pushback.

D

Deleted member

I had effect like that when stacking the fallspeed code, which is above the other actually matters

kupo15

Smash Hero
bump

Discuss the shield stun here. Remember that the XXXX stays the same (stun modifier) and the YYYs are the 1 liner code. Subtract 2 from your 1 liner float point.

D

Deleted member

so 3F800000 would be the same as 40400000 on the one liner?

and does anyone have good values?

Alopex

Smash Ace
I'm trying the suggested value in your OP for the new SS code, kupo, and it's feeling like too little, personally.

Jiang, are your values an increase over kupo's? Cause if so, I'll try them out.

On a delayed sidenote, 10% hitstun feels perfect to me.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I'm trying the suggested value in your OP for the new SS code, kupo, and it's feeling like too little, personally.

I hear that the number that worked for the 11 liner code before acts weaker than before which I think is the problem. Please tell me a number to use instead that resembles what it was before. I have no wii to test this myself right now and its making me angry that mine broke >(

I have no suggested value right now

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord

its a slight increase. try it out. it should feel fine.

40400000 40800000

kupo15

Smash Hero
ok give 4/2 a try also. IIRC from when jiang and I talked, his value for the strong hits are weaker than mine. Check the OP and please give me feedback

Top Bottom