• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

History of the PokeCenter

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A History of the PokeCenter SpireTM

The Stillness (Nov. '02 to Mid-'07)
The PokeCenter began as a quiet subforum in late 2002. Not many people visited it for years, and so was mainly left ignored. Because of that, the PokeCenter was very empty and unorganized prior to the Glory Era. Kudos to Chill for watching over the boards for such a long time.
[collapse=The Stillness]Umbreon
Chill
JesiahTEG
HeroOfTime
Mic_128[/collapse]
The Glory Era (Mid-'07 to Early/Mid-'08)
The Glory Era began starting from the middle of 2007. This was a major turning point in the PokeCenter because activity began to climb, thanks to the Next Gen. Threads controlling the community discussions, with various RMT and RTP (Rate That Pokemon) threads strolling alongside in a new subforum. This was also the beginning point of the Artists Reign, as towards the next group of PokeCenter frequenters arrived the Sprite Shop became increasingly popular.
[collapse=The Glory Era]Wii4Mii99
Zook
IC3R
MysticKenji
Mood4Food
ILoveCelebi
Conner
Terywj
Jigglyppuff8
Articanus
Meta-Kirby
Fluffy
Creo
0rly
Burnstocks
The9litch[/collapse]
Artists Reign (Mid-'08 to Early-'09)
Artists Reign was mainly dominated by three things: the continuation of the Next Gen. Threads, the boards' first Counter Game, and the Custom Pokemon Shop. As creativity thawed out on the Next Gen. Threads, more and more people were drawn to the Custom Pokemon Shop, which grew exponentially during this time period.
[collapse=Artists Reign]Spire
Firus
Pink Reaper
ChiboSempai
Zrky
XACE-K
karthik_king
PsychoIncarnate
Bowser King
Lord Bowser
The Wrath of Koarin
Majora_787
Cease Tick
SkylerOcon
MorphedChaos
A_man13
Darkslash
SpelignFial
Stealth Raptor
Lv.99
handsockpuppet
Greenstreet[/collapse]
New Elders Early-'09 to Late-'09)
New Elders signaled the arrival of members who have evolved into the staple members of today's PokeCenter such as UltiMario, Circa, etc. The release of HeartGold and SoulSilver hyped the boards. Other projects like CRASHiC's NU to OU, and the Ancestral Tree were also started during this period alongside the already running Counter Game and the Leaderboard. This was when Spire was Modded into the PokeCenter.
[collapse=New Elders]Circa
Wave+
UltiMario
Supermarth64
xLeafyBug =D
Metal~Mario
SpiredMoth
KrazyGlue
CRASHiC[/collapse]
The Revolutionary Period (Late-'09 to May 2010)
The Revolutinary Period roared the boards with activity. Projects like Battle Of The Week, PokeCenter Spriting Contest, and SmashCAP spearheaded the multitude of projects led by many members. Articanus made his return from a Pokemon hiatus, while Tery rejoined the boards after a year and a half away. Chill was also re-inducted as a PokeCenter Moderator. The Revolutionary Period was named after the infamous "war" that took place during this time between the new and older members. This joke carried out into discussions such as in Battle Of the Week, etc. where the veteran members showcased their strengths while the young-ins brought new life and talent.
[collapse=The Revolutionary Period]Charmander
~Celebi~
Riddle
Sir Bedevere
JOE!
FlyinFilipino
Lv100
Majority
Moozle
TheAceLucario
CeaseTick
Gates
Silent Verse
Ryu Shimazu
Running Riot
Rockem7
UberMario
Night-San
IceArrow
The Real Gamer[/collapse]
The Reformation (May 2010 to October 2010)
The Reformation was quite literally, a reformation. The boards experienced a lineup change as Firus joined the Moderation team. Machamp's Pants - the PokeCenter's very own Pokemon Online server was created. The two subforums were hauled in favor of the Battle Tower and Pokemon Lab - one to house competitive discussions and the other to main the many projects in the boards. The Pokemon Researchers were changed into the Pokemon Masters, a group of members who are noted for being heavy contributors to the development of the PokeCenter. CRASHiC, a long time veteran of the PokeCenter was permabanned; SmashCAP 3, a project tributing former Mod Zook was started. Spire stepped down as a Super Moderator, and hype for Pokemon Black and White began.
[collapse=The Reformation]FAILchion-
F8AL
E123-Omega
Melfize Z
DZLE
Absol
Infinite Emerald
Tyfighter
Pokemon Trainer1
Lashing Leaf
BLM (Black Mage)
Ankoku
Tomo Takino[/collapse]
Champions of Time (October 2010-Present)
Upon the end of 2010, the PokeCenter went through some drastic changes. The Pokemon Master usergroup (along with many others) were dissolved, and in its place, a battling and spriting program to help members get a PokeBall postbit icon. Staff were selected as Elite Four members and Art Judges, a new subforum was created, and the challenges could begin. Spire returned to the Moderating lineup, and most of the activity on the boards dropped and were focused on playing the new metagame of Generation V. Terywj and Riddle teamed up to bring activity back to the boards with the Teryble Riddle Campaign, and silly member UltiMario was roombanned a few times. Various tournament debates brimmed during this period, and the second popular meme--the Steelix Movement began and was met with the small Doredia Resistance.
[collapse=Champions of Time]Sol Diviner
xxmoosexx
Deathfox30
Smugleaf
Pluvia
GERTY
Hitman Dread[/collapse]

Mewter

Smash Master
I joined in May '08 and played Barwl hung around in the CPS.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I was around here in early/mid 2008 and that was basically the time I posted the most. I think I should be in the "Artist's Reign" (granted, I'm not much of an artist) time.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
We already have a ton of these member ____. I don't think this is necessary especially in its current form.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Reopened by Spire, and at such a great time, too!
With a bunch of newer members this will be fun.

I'm thinking a new time period will be needed after The Revolutinoary Period. However I'm unsure to the time and name of the new era.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ohhh I like the fact that I get to be in there :D

And on the bright side, I'm not in the newer periods

*even more :D's*

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Risque is now Bowser-Gangsta, keep up with the times, man. He would go into the newest grouping.

As for WouW, I dunno. He's been around for long time, I guess. You could try asking him.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Last section should be "The Reformation".

I totally posted here back when the CPS was all CPSing.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I was around the Artist period then left. Now I'm back. Not sure where I belong.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Usually people who come to the PokéCenter post there.
Just a thought.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
As an activity indicator. Fair enough. Can you do that with an entire board?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
As an activity indicator. Fair enough. Can you do that with an entire board?
I actually think he means as a good reference for people to put in the Dex.

And no, it doesn't look like you can. You do that by clicking on the number in the "Replies" column, and it's not a link when you look at it for the entire forum. It's too bad, because I'm interested to see how many of my posts have been in the PC.

About 1,500 of them are in Pocket Monsters Inc. alone. :p

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Using the Snorlax Room as an activity indicator only works for a specific time period though, sadly. It was created during what you called 'The Revolutionary Period'.

It might be possible to find an activity indicator like that for different time periods though, if you try hard enough. I'd think the two (three?) Counter Games we've had over the past would help if you wanted to find out when WouW started posting here; so long as that's where he started posting at to begin with.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Am I a regular nowadays? I joined late August '09, but I didn't really begin posting here very much until early 2010.

I guess I'd be in The Revolutionary Period.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Am I a regular nowadays? I joined late August '09, but I didn't really begin posting here very much until early 2010.

I guess I'd be in The Revolutionary Period.
If you post often for more than 3 months, your a regular.

I was around the Artist period then left. Now I'm back. Not sure where I belong.
I'd say you were Artist period, that's just me, but that would be most fitting I think.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hmm, would I be in here? I came before lv100 (I'm pretty sure) and I stay in the PC all the time. Infact, due to bad wifi connection all around (go wii) I barely play Brawl lol.

Edit: Yay I'm important<3

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Agh. This is hectic. Why don't we only list a time period and figure out all the members who would fall under that category.

We'll start with The Reformation and work our way back.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well I came back recently so would I be in The Reformation? Before that I came to the PC during the CPS days.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well I came back recently so would I be in The Reformation? Before that I came to the PC during the CPS days.
I would consider you to be a member during the Artists Reign, then.

Aside from FAILchion and maybe Risque...are there others for The Reformation? If not we can move up one era.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Pink Reaper is in both the new elders and the artist's reign. I'd put him under the artist's reign personally because I remember him making the first counter game thread which was open during the same period as the CPS.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm noticing a lack of Lord Bowser (renamed hobobloke)

Top Bottom