• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hilt & Clowsui present: REVENGE - MIDWEST EAST V MIDWEST WEST ON STREAM 11:30 AM

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
After about a year he's dodged me every time I've asked, this will be the only money match i'll do at this tourney. I am officially calling Shugo out to a best of 5 money match, in the amount of $25 so let's see what he's made of.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
you might as well just pay for shugos entry to singles and doubles (and his venue) before he even gets here.

I mean challenging someone clearly better than you to a money match is cool and all but 25$? clearly a new Smash ATM has opened up.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I just got cheated out of $50 by buffalo wild wings... therefore I will just have to take everyone else's money.

Taking all $10 MMs, my Ganon vs. your <character that isn't ******** against Ganon>

Infern I'll take that $5 MM, unless you want to bump it to $10.

edit: inb4 all characters are ******** against Ganon

Hael Phael

Smash Ace
I may wanna mm you DLA depends on how my wallet's doing after I whoop shugo, depends on how ******** you think pika is vs ganon lol

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I may wanna mm you DLA depends on how my wallet's doing after I whoop shugo, depends on how ******** you think pika is vs ganon lol
pikachu vs. ganon is about as ******** as I'm willing to go lol.

$10 it is DLA, plus i want you to write and sign something on the $10 bill I win from you, no questions asked
lol fine. but you have to do the same for me if I win. protip: it will be about Arty

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, if it's the idea we had been talking about, I'd be down. We'll definitely have to. We'll have to talk about it and get figure out exactly how it'll be run the most efficiently.

Kel

Smash Master
I've brought it up with the BBR recently, but they're mostly hating on it. I need a good venue/ hype, I'll do all the strong arm TOing and whatnot.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about no bracket tournament with all pools

Kel

Smash Master
Yup! You just have a giant finals pool with a ton of hype matches and the better players will tend to come out on top more than not.

What's The Point

Smash Master
It has the appeal of having Top X all play each other. Using SiiS as an example, even after Judo lost to PS, we'd still get to see him play Coney and Nicole. But it also runs the risk of getting redundant, and having 5/6th place matches happen after top 2 is already determined. An upset can also become disappointingly unhype if the pool evens it out.

I'm also pretty sure the idea runs a top 4 final pool, which would probably be significantly less hype than a top 8 pool. Top 4 would basically just be all the finals, while top 8 brings back some of the upset hype material.

So I would advocate more than top 4 for a final pool.

Top Bottom