• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE].

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Okay, so there's a lot of excitement over the fact that Ludosity were allowed to make NASB, and this got me thinking of a fun, unusual hypothetical scenario I imagine a few of y'all would like.

In this situation, you're approached by a company of your choice, who essentially say that they want you to make a crossover fighting game of some sort, either with just one IP or all of their series. You're limited to 20 characters base roster and 4 characters DLC, and third parties have to be limited, reasonable, and easy for the company to acquire. Bear in mind, you can't pick anyone too obscure, though one or two obscure picks might get past the company's filters if you have enough heavy hitters. Lastly, you also need to have at least a short explaination for your picks.

So, who do you pick? What's your roster going to look like - and what about gameplay? What other additions would you make? I'd love to see your ideas!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
As an example, I'll suggest that Capcom approached me with a concept for the Mega Man series, though only the classic games.

So, here's my characters:

• Mega Man. He has to be here - he's the main character of the series, the "big cheese." Aside from that, he's unique in that his moveset is probably the simplest of the bunch. Even so, I imagine he'd have Rush by his side to help him!
  • Proto Man. A unique, but still very important, addition - Proto Man is the "older brother" to Mega Man, and he kinda has to be here too. Given he's more powerful and has a shield, he's a unique pick too.
  • Bass. Not one of Light's creations, but I think Bass is a good pick here. Fighting alongside Treble, his intense rushdown playstyle, as well as his Treble Boost, provide a unique playstyle for him aside from his importance as Mega Man's greatest rival.
  • Roll. A more unusual pick, but I think Roll fighting alongside Beat, Eddie and Auto could be fun, as well as her using her broom. Not only this, but she's a more interesting, but still important pick.
  • Dr. Albert Wily. Oh yeah, he's here too. My idea is that he's a little like Eggman in Sonic: The Fighters, in that he has a new mech that's a bit of a mix of his various inventions. Maybe it could be based on his machine from Mega Man's Soccer? Heavyweight, of course, and the main villain.
  • Enker. The original Mega Man Killer, Enker's fighting style relying on defence and close up attacks is an unusual, but interesting archetype. Aside from this, he represents the Gameboy games quite well too!
  • Duo. Another heavyweight, but unlike Wily, Duo focuses on both close up attacks with his giant fist, as well as his ability to become a literal meteor if he wants to. Whilst he's more obscure, I think he's a solid base roster pick.
  • Terra. A terrifying force of nature, and my second Gameboy rep, I think Terra would work well here. He's quite big, fast, and he's strong - as well as his Spark Chaser being an interesting way to rack up damage with tracking, but easily dodgable, attacks from midrange.
And, for some Robot Master picks,

• Elec Man. By far one of the most popular picks from the first game, I think he's up there with Fire Man or Guts Man, but Elec Man is pretty unique all in all - plus he has a really cool design in my opinion.
  • Air Man. Whilst Mega Man 2 could have have various reps, I felt Air Man has reached a level of infamy (I CANNOT DEFEAT AIRMAN!) that isn't matched by other characters, as well as a unique design what with his more... wedgelike look? Also, air is something cool to work with.
  • Shadow Man. As much as my own bias made me want to pick Top Man, Magnet Man or Gemini Man here, Shadow Man is my final pick simply because of, once again, his infamy. His difficulty in the game has made him legendary in Mega Man history.
  • Pharaoh Man. It was difficult to pick between him and Skull Man for the MM4 rep, but he was my final choice. Pharaoh just... made sense to me - a unique design, ability, and use for that, could bring some fun stuff, not to mention a really neat set of abilities from the various 90s arcade games.
  • Gravity Man. Featuring on the box art of Mega Man 5, I felt he was a key pick for this. Whilst he's not the most popular out there, he has a really unique set of abilities - I imagine he could have really weird attacks and the like.
  • Knight Man. One of the more... weird characters here and as a representative of Mega Man 6, I think Knight Man could work if we give him his mace and shield - his knight-like persona of chivalry would be a fun, unique addition to this roster.
  • Slash Man. Whilst I considered others such as Spring Man and Turbo Man, I felt Slash Man was the best pick here. Massive unga bunga character - get in, and get comboes, before getting a hardhitting slash. That's the gameplan - and it'll be fun for newcomers too!
  • Tengu Man. Whilst I did consider Astro Man and Clown Man, I feel Tengu Man works well to represent MM&B, as well as being an unusual character overall - he's able to fly around unlike Air Man, and he has a mix of long-range and close-range attacks which is cool to see.
  • Galaxy Man. Whilst Splash Woman might seem like the logical pick here, I think Galaxy Man is good simply because he's unique - Splash Woman doesn't have much in the way of a means of moving around, though the idea of her creating a wave of water could be cool.
  • Nitro Man. I had to really stop myself from submitting Sheep Man here, so Nitro Man works well. He can turn into a motorcycle, and overall works well as a trapper character, with quick ways to both get into, and out of, dangerous situations. Adding his Wheel Cutters just gives him even more stage control.
  • Blast Man. It's just occurred to me that I don't have an explosive pick yet, and whilst Block Man was the major Robot Master of focus in Mega Man 11's marketing, I feel he's kinda boring. Shout outs go to Acid Man who I did genuinely consider, though!
  • Ultra Mettaur. Somewhat of a "joke" character, this character is basically an amalgamation of every single form of Met we've seen in the Mega Man series... which actually makes them pretty fun and bizarre. I originally considered an Ultra Joe but I decided a Met would be more recognisable, funny, and work better overall as a joke pick.

And, for my DLC fighters:
  • Quint. A more obscure pick, yes, but I think Quint could be hella fun. Having his Sakugarne would make him hella unique! I imagine he'd be a free DLC character who's a partial clone of Mega Man, but he has a ton of differences too!
  • Bond Man. Unique in that he doesn't really exist, Bond Man was considered for Mega Man 1 but never got added for various reasons. I think this would be a cool way to rectify it - and not only that, but his ability being that of glue sets him up as a really interesting character type! Bond Man is also a free DLC character, but the next two would be paid DLC.
  • Yellow Devil. Whilst I considered various characters for this role, including Doc Robot, Dark Man IV, Compass Man, and a few others, I think a slightly smaller than normal Yellow Devil, taking aspects from the various Devils across the series, could be really fun.
  • Z-Prototype. A concept loosely borrowed from Mega Man Unlimited, the idea is that this is a prototype of Zero, from the X series - with his various abilities and such, but currently in a test run. As the final character... I think he'd be pretty cool to see go up against everyone.
So, here's my final roster:

1639011731117.png

A few quick shoutouts are in order: I did consider quite a lot of other characters too. Big Eye was one, but also Rockman Shadow in place of Quint, Sunstar here in some way, or one of the Stardroids (either Jupiter or Mercury, before I decided on the Yellow Devil.) I feel like the first 8 are at least lock-in picks - the main characters, a couple of important ones from the past, and overall cool people to work with.

Also, turns out there's tons of different Met types! It's the case with both them and Joes as I mentioned earlier, but I guess that Mets would work better. On this, there's so many Robot Masters, DLC could go on for ages, so whilst my final picks are a little weird, I think they're pretty solid - plus, I tried to represent every mainline game too! Feel free to give me your thoughts!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I have thought a lot over the years about how a Simpsons platform fighter would work, here's my roster with a few small tidbits on how certain characters play:
  1. Homer
  2. Bart (Doesn't have that many skateboard moves, they're being saved for a later character)
  3. Marge and Maggie (Marge holds her vaccuum cleaner while Maggie sits on her arm - Maggie doesn't do much, but has a few gun moves.)
  4. Lisa (moveset is mostly based around her veganism and Buddhism, but there are a few skipping rope-related attacks to reference Simpsons Arcade. Saxaphone moves are, like Bart's skateboard, being saved for a later character)
  5. Grandpa Abe
  6. Flanders
  7. Krusty
  8. Mr. Burns (uses his Mech as seen in the Simpsons Arcade)
  9. Milhouse (the standard shoto of the game, similar to Wario his Fallout Boy look is default while his regular kid appearance is an alt)
  10. Groundskeeper Willie
  11. Chief Wiggum
  12. Nelson
  13. Barney (Stance fighter, switches between a Captain Falcon-esque sober mode and Ganondorf-esque drunk mode.)
  14. Snake
  15. Apu (Would be voiced by his eventual replacement voice actor, moveset would generally be more Kwik-E-Mart based but not completely devoid of references to Indian culture and stereotypes)
  16. Sideshow Bob
  17. Herman
  18. Crazy Cat Lady (Puppet fighter with cats)
  19. Disco Stu (Fights entirely by dancing)
  20. Bleeding Gums Murphy
  21. Hank Scorpio
  22. Kang/Kodos
  23. Radioactive Man (Comic book version, not Rainer Wolfcastle)
  24. Itchy
  25. McBain
  26. Duffman
  27. Poochie (rides on a skateboard, uses a lot of moves used by Bart in Simpsons Arcade)
  28. Bender (Guest from Futurama)
  29. Stewie (Guest from Family Guy) (Evil version from early seasons, not the gay stereotype version.)
  30. Sharky the Sharkdog (Guest from Eek! the Cat) (Eek! has small cameos, usually being abused by Sharky for moves)

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
The most interesting idea to me that would pretty much never get done is doing one with advertising mascots. General Mills and Kellogg's seem to own the most cereal mascots, but I prefer the mascots and cereals for General Mills, mostly. Plus they are owned by a company that has a few other non-cereal mascots. So here you go.

1. The Trix Rabbit (Trix)
  2. Lucky the Leprechaun (Lucky Charms)
  3. Buzz Bee (Honey Nut Cheerios)
  4. Sonny the Cuckoo Bird (Cocoa Puffs)
  5. Count Chocula
  6. Boo Berry
  7. FrankenBerry
  8. Yummy Mummy
  9. Fruit Brute
  10. Cookie Crook & Chip the Dog (Cookie Crisp)
  11. Chip the Wolf (Cookie Crisp)
  12. Wendell the Baker (Cinnamon Toast Crunch)
  13. Crazy Squares (Cinnamon Toast Crunch)
  14. Chex Man (Chex Quest)
  15. Apple and Cinnaman (Apple Cinnamon Cheerios)
  16. The Green Giant
  17. The Helping Hand (Hamburger Helper)
  18. The Pillsbury Doughboy (Pillsbury)
  19. Betty Crocker
  20. Annie the Rabbit (Annie's)
The DLC will be the Burger King and Optimus Prime, since they apparently owned BK and Hasbro in the 70's, and Tony the Tiger and Cap'n Crunch, to hint at a larger cereal mascots fighter later on. Certainly.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
There's a bunch of Shonen series I want to see get the FighterZ treatment (most of all One Piece), but one of the less talked about concepts I see is a Hunter x Hunter fighting game. That series has a lot of characters that would be amazing to see in a fighting game. So if I get to make a game like that with 20 characters, this would be my roster:

1. Gon
  2. Killua
  3. Kurapika
  4. Leorio
  5. Hisoka
  6. Illumi
  7. Netero
  8. Machi
  9. Uvogin
  10. Nobunaga
  11. Feitan
  12. Chrollo
  13. Biscuit
  14. Morel
  15. Knuckle
  16. Shoot
  17. Neferpitou
  18. Shaiapouf
  19. Menthuthuyoupi
  20. Meruem
Honestly I kind of went for the most obvious picks but I feel like the roster I ended up with is pretty good nontheless. For DLC, I would have:

1. Hanzo - One of the more popular characters from the Hunter exam. I was going to have him on the base roster but I didn't have room.
  2. Kite - A pretty damn important character for Gon's character arc with a unique (if somewhat impractical) playstyle.
  3. Kalluto - I originally went with Zeno but then I realized that I have very few Phantom Troupe members on the roster and Kalluto has a pretty unique moveset, so I went with them as the Zoldyck DLC character.
  4. Yusuke Urameshi - My only guest character, the protagonist of Yu Yu Hakusho which was created by the same author as HxH. I feel like Yu Yu Hakusho's cast might be big enough to warrant its own fighting game but I don't feel like I'm enough of a YYH diehard to do it justice.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well excuse me for banging the same old drum again but dr who monsters! i could never narrow disney down to only 20 anyway

1: Dalek
2: Cyberman
3: Auton
4: Ice Warrior
5: Sontaran
6: Silurian
7: Judoon
8: Weeping Angel
9: Ood
10: Silent
11: Slitheen
12: Yeti
13: Haemovore
14: Axon
15: Zarbi
16: Rutan
17: Zygon
18: Krynoid
19: Sea Demon
20: Wirrin

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If my first one didn't go against the OP rules, this one absolutely does:

British Telly Bash, based on a very funny conversation I was in one of OP's statuses

1. Mr. Bean
  2. Doctor Who (David Tennant by default)
  3. Cyberman (Daleks are iconic and all, but I doubt they'd have recognisable attack silhouttes
  4. The Master
  5. Sarah Jane
  6. Black Knight (Monty Python)
  7. Basil Fawlty
  8. Alan Tracy
  9. Wallace & Gromit
  10. Feathers McGraw
  11. Shaun the Sheep
  12. Sherlock Holmes (That being BBC Sherlock)
  13. Miss Rabbit (from Peppa Pig)
  14. Captain Scarlet
  15. Tinky Winky
  16. Dipsy (The Teletubbies would not be clones, or even play similarly for that matter)
  17. Dennis the Menace
  18. Bananaman
  19. Danger Mouse
  20. Maurice Moss

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

British Telly Bash, based on a very funny conversation I was in one of OP's statuses

1. Mr. Bean
  3. Cyberman (Daleks are iconic and all, but I doubt they'd have recognisable attack silhouttes
  4. The Master
  5. Sarah Jane
  7. Basil Fawlty
  8. Alan Tracy
  9. Wallace & Gromit
  10. Feathers McGraw
  11. Shaun the Sheep
  14. Captain Scarlet
  15. Tinky Winky
  16. Dipsy (The Teletubbies would not be clones, or even play similarly for that matter)
  17. Dennis the Menace
  18. Bananaman
  19. Danger Mouse
  20. Maurice Moss
danger mouse is british?

My Idea for Platform Fighter:
Robot Rumble Brawl!

ROBOT RUMBLE BRAWL
is a Platform Fighter game with Robots from all Pop-Culture Media like Video Games, Comics, Anime/Manga, Cartoons and Etc.

Here's the Roster:
1. Mega Man (Capcom)
2. ROB (Nintendo)
3. AGES (Sega)
4. Vectorman (Sega)
5. Terminator (Movie)
6. RoboCop (Movie)
7. Jenny Wakeman (Nickelodeon)
8. Robot Jones (Cartoon Network)
9. Sukapon (Nintendo)
10. N (Murder Drones)
11. Wall-E and Eve (Disney/Pixar)
12. Ricochet (Supercell) (Obscure Mobile Video Game Pick)
13. Optimus Prime (Hasbro) (Tall like Ridley)
14. Chibi-Robo (Nintendo)
15. Omega (Sonic/SEGA)
16. Bastion (Overwatch/Blizzard Activision)
17. Andross (Nintendo) (He is actually Robot, who looks like Real Monkey) (Bowser of the Game)
18. P-Bot (Newgrounds)
19. C3PO (Star wars)
20. Robby the Robot

DLC:
1. Ultron (Marvel)
2. Astroboy (Anime)
3. Bender (FOX)
4. Voltron (Anime)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion

1. Mr. Bean
  4. The Master
  5. Sarah Jane
  7. Basil Fawlty
  8. Alan Tracy
  9. Wallace & Gromit
  10. Feathers McGraw
  11. Shaun the Sheep
  14. Captain Scarlet
  15. Tinky Winky
  17. Dennis the Menace
  18. Bananaman
  19. Danger Mouse
  20. Maurice Moss
to be fair there's not really any rules, its just an open suggestion. these seem amazing.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
My Idea for Platform Fighter:
Robot Rumble Brawl!

ROBOT RUMBLE BRAWL
is a Platform Fighter game with Robots from all Pop-Culture Media like Video Games, Comics, Anime/Manga, Cartoons and Etc.

Here's the Roster:
1. Mega Man (Capcom)
2. ROB (Nintendo)
3. AGES (Sega)
4. Vectorman (Sega)
5. Terminator (Movie)
6. RoboCop (Movie)
7. Jenny Wakeman (Nickelodeon)
8. Robot Jones (Cartoon Network)
9. Sukapon (Nintendo)
10. N (Murder Drones)
11. Wall-E and Eve (Disney/Pixar)
12. Ricochet (Supercell) (Obscure Mobile Video Game Pick)
13. Optimus Prime (Hasbro) (Tall like Ridley)
14. Chibi-Robo (Nintendo)
15. Omega (Sonic/SEGA)
16. Bastion (Overwatch/Blizzard Activision)
17. Andross (Nintendo) (He is actually Robot, who looks like Real Monkey) (Bowser of the Game)
18. P-Bot (Newgrounds)
19. C3PO (Star wars)
20. Robby the Robot

DLC:
1. Ultron (Marvel)
2. Astroboy (Anime)
3. Bender (FOX)
4. Voltron (Anime)
Ooo, interesting picks here! I personally, if it were me, would have added Mettaton in there too, but these seem like a good selection of unusual and cool choices!

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, contributing to the Jump Stars EX project has set my brain in a Jump mood again, so I'm starting this off with a new Shonen Jump game! I may do some other concepts further down the line - maybe something like SEGA or Cartoon Network - but I'm starting off with Jump cause that's just what I'm feelin' rn.

So there's plenty we can use for reference here. Shueisha loves to celebrate WSJ's long history in a variety of manners, including many other games that have been released over the years. All these things do tend to serve as a good indicator of the series that have done well in Jump over the years, and of course you can always just do plain ol' research. There is an absolutely insane well of characters and series here, so let's get to it!

Alright, so first things first, I'm envisioning this as a traditional 2D fighting game. When it comes to Jump, we've gotten platform fighters, we've gotten arena fighters, but we've never gotten this kinda fighter, so we might as well. Also, since Jump has so many notable series and we have so relatively little slots, we're keeping it to strictly one character per series. I figure that'd be the best move considering our circumstances. SO LETS GET TO IIIIIIIIIIIIIT

First off, the starting roster:
1. Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece

I mean, yeah. He's a no-brainer. One Piece is the best-selling manga of all time, still running to this day, One Piece as a series is just so ridiculosly emblematic of Jump that it'd be a crime not to have it

2. Son Goku from Dragon Ball

Another ridiculously obvious pick. Goku is quite possibly the John Anime. Gotta have him in

3. Naruto Uzumaki from Naruto

Rounding out the big 3, we have Naruto! I mean, yeah. It's Naruto. Moving on:

4. Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach

Ichigo is another character who definitely feels like you gotta have 'im in. Bleach was one of Jump's big series during the 2000s, it's often treated as a sort of "fourth wheel" to the Big 3, and it says a lot that even when Jump Force mercilessly culled the 2000s representation, Bleach was, like, the one that stuck around

5. Deku from My Hero Academia

I don't think I need to explain this one either, do I? MHA is one of Jump's biggest recent hits, it just Makes Sense

6. Tanjiro Kamado from Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

What little I said about Deku applies to Tanjiro as well. Demon Slayer became like the biggest thing ever in the span of the past 5 or so years, and although I'm not a fan of the kind of rosters that pretty much just do "the safe picks + a bunch of the Hot New Hits", I feel Tanjiro has earned it, he can be in

7. DIO from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Aight, hear me out: I am, in fact, including DIO as the sole JoJo rep. The one-character-per-series approach kinda sorta heavily limited the potential villains I could add, but DIO feels like one of the ones that work well enough as standalone reps. One of the most iconic Jump villains ever, extremely important to his series with his influence being felt across pretty much the entire original timeline, super popular....c'mon, it's ****ing DIO.

8. Gon Freecss from Hunter x Hunter

Yeah this is another big one. Despite being pretty old by now, HxH is still very much hip with the kids these days, it's just all-around a very popular series, blah blah blah, MOVING ON:

9. Yusuke Urameshi from YuYu Hakusho

And from one Togashi thing to another, we have Yusuke! YYH was absolutely huge in the early 90s, it's one of Jump's most celebrated legacy properties, gotta have him in.

10. Kenshiro from Fist of the North Star

YOU WA SHOOOOOOOCK

Excuse me. Anyway, if you do not have Kenshiro in your roster, it is automatically trash. I mean, come on, it's goddamn Kenshiro! The father of MANime! The series that kicked off Jump's Golden Age! Gotta have him in.

11. Pegasus Seiya from Saint Seiya

And now we have another iconic pillar of Jump during the 80s. It'd feel very weird to leave Seiya out tbh

12. Kenshin Himura from Rurouni Kenshin

And now we have yet another extremely important legacy character. While it's true that Watsuki is kind of a creep, I don't think Kenshin should suffer from that, as none of his, er, general creepiness found its way into his work. Regardless, Kenshin comes from a series that was super important to Jump in the 90s. If we put the deal with Watsuki aside, gotta have him in.

13. Asta from Black Clover

I'm gonna be real with you: I could not give less ****s about Black Clover. BUUUUUUUUUUUT it is one of Jump's biggest hits from recent years, so if this roster were to hypothetically take place in the year of our lord 2021, then he prolly would be in

14. Kankichi Ryotsu from KochiKame

Alright, we have been adding pretty much nothing but straightforward action characters so far. We need some Funny Ha Ha energy! And KochiKame is easily the biggest gag manga to have ever graced the pages of Jump. It ran for 40 goddamn years, it's a super iconic series, Ryotsu has been in pretty much every Jump thing ever with the exception of JF, we must include it or else

15. Arale Norimaki from Dr. Slump

And here's yet another gag manga character! Dr. Slump is notable for being the thing Toriyama did before Dragon Ball, but that's not its only merit - otherwise I'd be sitting here extolling the virtues of Baoh. It's an iconic and important series in its own right, and Arale has also been in, like, almost every Jump thing, soooooooooo

16. Gintoki Sakata from Gintama

And rounding out our base game gag manga trio, we have Gintoki! Gintama is a very popular series and his exclusion from JF was criminal. We gotta fix that. BRING HIM BACK

17. Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh!

We also kinda gotta have Yugi in, I feel. Yu-Gi-Oh is just such an iconic series, even if I do kinda tend to associate it more in my mind with the card game or anime than the original Jump manga. It is still, however, a Jump thing. So we might as well.

18. Kinnikuman from, er, Kinnikuman

So, like, here's the thing: I think it's supremely ****ing weird that Kinnikuman's last appearance in one of the big console crossover fighters was all the way back in JUS, considering how iconic his series is. I really think he should come back the next time they do a thing like this, so I might as well take advantage of the opportunity. Also grapplers are cool

19. Korosensei from Assassination Classroom

Going back to the more recent fare, we have Korosensei! AssClass is in that weird spot where, like, it's a 2010s thing, it's pretty recent all things considered, but it does feel like it's past its time in the spotlight by now. But we can't just have the oldies or the new hotness, we need to give that awkward middle ground some love as well - and AssClass was a very successful series in its time and Korosensei himself is a very distinct and recognizable character. So he gets in. Lastly.....

20. Momotaro Tsurugi from Sakigake!! Otokojuku

Alright, so why Momotaro? Honestly, I just get the feeling that he'd get in. Otokojuku is a classic series, Shueisha seem intent on making sure we never EVER forget about it, Momotaro is up there in terms of near-constant presences in Jump things, so generally I think he'd manage to snag a slot. And deservedly so tbh, he'd be great!

So that's our base roster! Let's run it down: Luffy, Goku, Naruto, Ichigo, Deku, Tanjiro, DIO, Gon, Yusuke, Kenshiro, Seiya, Kenshin, Asta, Ryotsu, Arale, Gintoki, Yugi, Kinnikuman, Korosensei and Momotaro.

I think it turned out pretty great! Obviously not perfect - for example I do think I could have given the 2000s a bit more love - but I think it's a good baseline.
I'll be posting DLC soon - either as an edit or a separate post - but for now I'll go take a rest

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Screw it. McDonald's Fighting Game

1. Ronald McDonald
  2. Birdie
  3. Grimace
  4. Hamburglar
  5. Mayor McCheese
  6. Officer Big Mac
  7. Fry Kids (stacked atop each other)
  8. Iam Hungry
  9. Captain Crook
  10. Hamburger Happy Clown
  11. Evil Grimace (the one with 4 arms)
  12. Sexy Hamburglar
  13. Tomato Man (from McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure, I dunno if he has a name)
  14. Mick and Mack (they have their outfits from Global Gladiators, but their age is closer to their MC Kids versions)
  15. Sundae
  16. Tika
  17. CosMc
  18. Shoe Tooth Fairy
  19. Mac Tonight
  20. Happy
  21. Ferris
  22. Speedie
  23. Fries Dinosaur (Changables)
  24. MAC (Mac & Me)
  25. Eric Cruise (Mac & Me)
  26. T̨̧̝͓̭͎̬͉̭̮̣ͅh̜̣͙͈̙̯̰̪̳̺͖̰͕̩̯̘͖̳̤̀͘͡e̷̱͉͉̯̮̲̞͟ ̨̗̺̜͉̟͎̥̖̟̞̕͢͜͝G̴̵̛̞͇͖̝̀̕r̸̡͖͇̝̪̲̠͉̹͇̟̟̙̀̀ͅi̫͙̯̰̫̱̭̬̦͇̯̺̭̫̕͟ͅd̷̼̞͚̦̙̫̘̥͓͕͈͍̳͖͙̱̮͜͞d̢̠̜̮̥̮̬͓͕͉̣̳̰̣͈͍̝̻̞͘͟͝ḻ̵̨̛̰͉̰͡e̡̖̖̪̖͚̗̣̜͉̖̬͍̭͙̻͞r̶̶̖̦̣̹̥͜͞

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here is a Star Wars Fighting Game Roster

Masters Of Teras-kasi was kino

1. Luke
2. Vader
3. Leia
4. Han Solo
5. Chewbacca
6. Obi-wan
7. Lando
8. Darth Maul
9. Qui-gon
10. Yoda
11. General Grievous
12. Mace Windu
13. Rey
14. Finn
15. Poe
16. Kylo Ren
17. The Mandalorian
18. Ahsoka
19. Cal Kestis
20. Palpatine

With the DLC Being

1. Boba Fett & Fennec Shand
2. Rose
3. Count Dooku
4. Storm Trooper

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
When I was younger, I played a lot of open source games, so here's a roster featuring various open source characters. I feel like pretty much no one else will know 95% percent of these characters, but eh.

1. Tux the Penguin
2. Wilber (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
3. Hexley (Darwin)
4. Beastie (BSD)
5. Konqi (KDE)
6. Sara (Open Game Art)
7. Kiki (Krita)
8. Doomguy/Freedoom guy
9. Dink Smallwood (Freedink)
10. Bob the Blob (Blob Wars)
11. @ (Nethack)
12. Yehat Warrior (Ur-Quan Masters)
13. Konrad (Battle for Wesnoth)
14. Ardonna (Battle for Wesnoth)
15. Walker (XEvil)
16. Adventurer (Egoboo)
17. Pachi (Pachi el Marciano)
18. The Linarian (Freedroid RPG)
19. Big Buck Bunny (Blender)
20. Default Cube (Blender)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I tried to do a One Piece one but...well you can understand the problem with narrowing down 800+ characters into 20 characters when there's 10 Strawhats to start with.

Soooo...back to Sega!

Whilst we're working on our Sega rosters over on Battle of Ages and Sonic and SEGA All Stars threads, I'm taking an alternative route and focusing entirely on rivalries/heroes and villains:

Sega Rivals
  1. Sonic: A no brainer, obviously you need Sonic in any Sega crossover fare
  2. Shadow: Shadow's not only the second most popular character in the franchise, but he's one of Sonic's most well known rivals. Whilst Eggman is of course THE antagonist...well, I'd rather save him for...
  3. Tails: Sonic's best bud, the third most popular character in the franchise, and a core character in the series.
  4. Dr. Eggman: Technically Sonic's antagonist, but Tails and Eggman are solid foils to one another and we like
  5. Ryo Hazuki: Shenmue's lead, appeared in many Sega crossovers.
  6. Lan Di: Shenmue III's ending was...disappointing let's say after a 19 year old wait. Letting the fans let Ryo and Lan Di have a less one sided battle seems like a good idea to me.
  7. Alex Kidd: Yup, come on. I'm a big Alex Kidd fan, you think he's getting skipped? Sega's former mascot is getting in.
  8. Ashra: Okay, Janken is PROBABLY a more obvious pick, but Ashra's a better foil IMO. Like Alex he can manipulate his limbs, he's the son of a kingdom's leader (King Thunder for Alex, Janken for Ashra) and both are Rock-Paper-Scissors masters whose main combat is around punching.
  9. Alicia Melchiott: The baker turned soldier and overpowered soldier of Squad 7.
  10. Selvaria Bles: The fan favourite, Selvaria is one of the rare examples where the antagonist is MORE popular than the hero.
  11. Axel Stone: Big Streets of Rage fan, and they've had a successful revival recently.
  12. Mr. X: Mr. X is the leader of the syndicate. Has a totally different fighting style to Axel.
  13. Beat: Jet Set Radio's poster boy. Beat's another Sega staple character.
  14. Goji Rokkaku: The complete opposite to Goji.
  15. AiAi: Leader of the Super Monkey Ball gang. Super Monkey Ball is a staple of Sega now.
  16. GonGon: Technically he's the former rival of AiAi, but a rival regardless. IMO a better rivalry than Bad-Boon or Jet.
  17. Ulala: Channel 5's swinging reporter like Beat, AiAi and Alex Kidd are Sega crossover staples.
  18. Pudding: Channel 42's swinging reporter and rival to Ulala.
  19. Jack Cayman: Yup. Brutal chainsaw wielding Jack Cayman. A rarer pick, but both MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns are pretty neat.
  20. Black Baron: The indestructible pimp, final boss of MadWorld and Jack's bounty hunting rivalry in Anarchy Reigns.
DLC:
  1. Kazuma Kiryu: Popular character, Yakuza's a huge deal and absolutely a major player in Sega's IPs.
  2. Goro Majima: Majima is....just as fun as Kiryu tbh which is why I wanted him over some of the more overtly villainous characters. He's great.
  3. Akira Yuki: Virtua Fighter is a groundbreaking series that shaped the arcades, and Akira IS the face of that franchise. Here he is!
  4. Kage-Maru: Akira Yuki's most consistent rival, and aside from him (and Lau Chan) is the only other winner of a Virtua Fighter tournament.

Last edited:
I tried to do a One Piece one but...well you can understand the problem with narrowing down 800+ characters into 20 characters when there's 10 Strawhats to start with.

Soooo...back to Sega!

Whilst we're working on our Sega rosters over on Battle of Ages and Sonic and SEGA All Stars threads, I'm taking an alternative route and focusing entirely on rivalries/heroes and villains:

Sega Rivals
  1. Sonic: A no brainer, obviously you need Sonic in any Sega crossover fare
  2. Shadow: Shadow's not only the second most popular character in the franchise, but he's one of Sonic's most well known rivals. Whilst Eggman is of course THE antagonist...well, I'd rather save him for...
  3. Tails: Sonic's best bud, the third most popular character in the franchise, and a core character in the series.
  4. Dr. Eggman: Technically Sonic's antagonist, but Tails and Eggman are solid foils to one another and we like
  5. Ryo Hazuki: Shenmue's lead, appeared in many Sega crossovers.
  6. Lan Di: Shenmue III's ending was...disappointing let's say after a 19 year old wait. Letting the fans let Ryo and Lan Di have a less one sided battle seems like a good idea to me.
  7. Alex Kidd: Yup, come on. I'm a big Alex Kidd fan, you think he's getting skipped? Sega's former mascot is getting in.
  8. Ashra: Okay, Janken is PROBABLY a more obvious pick, but Ashra's a better foil IMO. Like Alex he can manipulate his limbs, he's the son of a kingdom's leader (King Thunder for Alex, Janken for Ashra) and both are Rock-Paper-Scissors masters whose main combat is around punching.
  9. Alicia Melchiott: The baker turned soldier and overpowered soldier of Squad 7.
  10. Selvaria Bles: The fan favourite, Selvaria is one of the rare examples where the antagonist is MORE popular than the hero.
  11. Axel Stone:
  12. Mr. X:
  13. Beat:
  14. Goji Rokkaku:
  15. AiAi:
  16. GonGon:
  17. Ulala:
  18. Pudding:
  19. Jack Cayman:
  20. Black Baron:
DLC:
21. Kazuma Kiryu
Good concept, but it lacks some Characters that could fit in game like:
1. Nishiki (Yakuza Villain)
2. Opa-Opa
3. Dark Master

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well seeing as others have done a second so will i: disworld! im sorry sir terry

1: Commander Vimes
2: Captain Carrot
3: Angua
4: Granny Weatherwax
5: Nanny Ogg
6: Tiffany Aching
7: Mustrum Ridculy
8: The Liberian
9: Susan Sto Helit
10: Moist Von Lipwig
11: Lord Vetinari
12: Death
13: The Hogfather
14: Magrat Garlick
15: Agnes Nitt
16: Detrius
17: Cherry Littlebottom
18: Cohen the Barbarian
19: Lu Tze
20: The luggage

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
The most interesting idea to me that would pretty much never get done is doing one with advertising mascots. General Mills and Kellogg's seem to own the most cereal mascots, but I prefer the mascots and cereals for General Mills, mostly. Plus they are owned by a company that has a few other non-cereal mascots. So here you go.

1. The Trix Rabbit (Trix)
  2. Lucky the Leprechaun (Lucky Charms)
  3. Buzz Bee (Honey Nut Cheerios)
  4. Sonny the Cuckoo Bird (Cocoa Puffs)
  5. Count Chocula
  6. Boo Berry
  7. FrankenBerry
  8. Yummy Mummy
  9. Fruit Brute
  10. Cookie Crook & Chip the Dog (Cookie Crisp)
  11. Chip the Wolf (Cookie Crisp)
  12. Wendell the Baker (Cinnamon Toast Crunch)
  13. Crazy Squares (Cinnamon Toast Crunch)
  14. Chex Man (Chex Quest)
  15. Apple and Cinnaman (Apple Cinnamon Cheerios)
  16. The Green Giant
  17. The Helping Hand (Hamburger Helper)
  18. The Pillsbury Doughboy (Pillsbury)
  19. Betty Crocker
  20. Annie the Rabbit (Annie's)
The DLC will be the Burger King and Optimus Prime, since they apparently owned BK and Hasbro in the 70's, and Tony the Tiger and Cap'n Crunch, to hint at a larger cereal mascots fighter later on. Certainly.
I know it's not EXACTLY what you have in mind, but have you heard of an upcoming game called Cereal Killaz? It has the same idea of cereal mascot fighting game, except it's not the ACTUAL mascots, just... very notable lookalikes.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I know it's not EXACTLY what you have in mind, but have you heard of an upcoming game called Cereal Killaz? It has the same idea of cereal mascot fighting game, except it's not the ACTUAL mascots, just... very notable lookalikes.
Where has this been all my life? Oh my god they have Fruit Brute.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
This might seem like a bit of a safe pick, but a Super Mario game could be cool! Here's my ideas:
  1. Mario. What were you expecting. That aside, he uses mostly items and the like.
  2. Luigi. My idea is that he takes a lot from both his main series games, but also from Luigi's Mansion! Otherwise, he plays similarly to in Smash I guess?
  3. Peach. Floaty and dainty. Note that she also takes a lot from Super Princess Peach
  4. Daisy. Based mostly on the Sports titles and the like, as opposed to Peach's idea.
  5. Rosalina. Puppet archetype? Works pretty well!
  6. Yoshi. Funny green dino and he doesn't have to deal with Mario, but takes more from the Yoshi's Island series.
  7. Bowser. Big, heavy, powerful.
  8. Bowser Jr. Smaller, may or may not use the Clown Car? I'm not really sure.
  9. Donkey Kong. Kinda like Bowser, but he has to have a barrel toss attack somewhere!
  10. Wario. Based mostly on Wario Land, but takes certain hints of stuff from WarioWare.
  11. Waluigi. A wacky, kinda luck-based, weirdo.
  12. Toad. Or maybe Captain Toad? I'm not really sure. Also Toadette has to be a costume.
  13. Nabbit. Look, he'd be a weird but fun pick. The idea of him just running around and attacking with his bag could be fun.
  14. King Boo. Funny floaty man. He's a ghost, so he's got a ton of spooky moves - also he's based on his Luigi's Mansion appearance.
  15. Petey Pirahna. Heavyweight boss character? Sounds boring, but I think he'd be cool to implement tons of AoE attacks into.
  16. King Bob-Omb. LOTS OF BOMBS YES
  17. Goomba. Kinda a joke character? I think it would be funny if it's able to just stack on top of itself to make a massive tower.
  18. Koopa Troopa. Fast-paced and able to roll into its shell! Also I think it would be fun to have it have a few cool transformations such as Paratroopa.
  19. Shyguy. A sort of mishmash of different appearances?
  20. Chain Chomp. ANGRY CHAIN CHOMP
  21. Kamek. A magical sorcerer, probably a summoner/zoner.
  22. Diddy Kong. A new DK pick! Seems like a fun idea given his gadgets and the like.
  23. Ashley. Funny WarioWare pick, but also one I think is pretty fun to see as playable due to her witch/mage aesthetic!
  24. Geno. I wonder why this is the last pick hmm

Last edited:
I have idea for new Smash game called: "NINTENDO ALL-ST⭐RS REBOOTED "roster:
(Only 1st and 2nd Parties, but no 3rd Parties)

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Donkey Kong
4. Diddy Kong
5. Wario
6. Yoshi
7. Link
8. Samus Aran (Zero Suit for Alt.)
9. Kirby
10. Fox
11. Pikachu
12. Villager
13. Inkling
14. Captain Falcon
15. Ness
16. Olimar & Pikmin
17. Springman
18. Takamaru
19. ROB
20. Mii

DLC Roster:
1. Ice Climbers
2. Marth
3. Shulk
4. Akira Howard

The Game has rebooted Roster to 20 Characters in Base game and 4 DLC Characters. Some of them are cut from Game like Peach, Ganondorf or others, which were completely absent, demoted to Assist Character or appear as Collectible Trophies.
This game is actual reboot of Smash, which it goes back to Roots of First 2 Smash games with Nintendo Characters, some of them are newcomers, but a lot of them are Veterans.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A Disney fighter has been one of my dream games for ages now. That being said, with how much they own, it can be a little overwhelming to fit it all snugly in a 24 character roster all whilst adding some spice to it. As such, I'm deciding to stick with one corner of the company in particular that I adore, that being the Walt Disney Animation Studios Canon, a collection of 60+ films from their premier animation studio of the same name, starting with 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and spanning all the way up to next year's Strange World. These are some of the most iconic animated films period, so I think there's more than enough to work with here.

And here's the roster. Again, only characters from the films of Walt Disney Animation Studios. No Pixar, Marvel Star Wars, or 20th Century Studios. I'm also going with a one per franchise rule, as I want a many films represented as possible. Everyone's in chronological order of when they debuted, not necessarily the films they represent, though this really only applies to like... two characters, lol.
  1. Sorcerer Mickey (Fantasia) - Okay, this may be a bit of a cheat, but idc. Mickey seems necessary for a game like this, and and the Sorcerer's Apprentice is both a key moment for Mickey Mouse and the starring segment of Fantasia, so I think he's necessary to include
  2. Grumpy (Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs) - The film that started it all. Grumpy's just the default skin. A couple of the other dwarfs (not necessarily all of em, just haven't pinned down which ones yet lol) will be alts. Believe it or not, this was one of the last characters I ended up adding, cuz I wasn't sure if they had enough to bring to the table. But thinking it over, I'd say they do.
  3. Peter Pan (Peter Pan) - Don't think I need to explain this choice too much. Just a staple Disney character with more than enough to work with. He'd be very Sora-like in the sense he'd be extremely floaty. Tinkerbell will be there too even if it's just for his taunts. I almost considered having the two be puppet fighters, but idk it didn't feel right.
  4. Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty) - Of course, were gonna some villains on this roster. Who better to start off with that than probably the crowning jewel of all Disney villains?
  5. Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians) - Another obligatory villain and just an overall iconic character.
  6. Merlin (The Sword in the Stone) - Merlin's one of those Disney characters whose probably more iconic than the film they originally hailed from. Felt it'd be sacrilege to not include him here. Almost didn't include him cuz I figured his shapeshifting would've clashed a bit with a certain other character on the roster we'll get to latter, but on second thought, I think there's more to work with for each of em to the point I think they can coexist.
  7. Baloo (The Jungle Book) - The first of many animal characters on this roster (Mickey excluded). Also, his super will be Talespin related cuz I say so.
  8. Tigger (The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh) - The one Winnie the Pooh character that wouldn't feel out of place in a scuffle. Doesn't hurt his popularity is arguably on par with Pooh's so he isn't too out there either.
  9. Robin Hood (Robin Hood) - We have an opportunity to include an archer, so I think we should take it.
  10. Ursula (The Little Mermaid) - For being an extremely iconic and important film in the canon, there really wasn't a lot of viable candidates for Little Mermaid. Ursula however I think works enough. For full potential, she'll be wielding Triton's trident, like she does at the climax of the film.
  11. Beast (Beauty & the Beast) - The first animated feature to ever be nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards, BaTB is a very important film in the Disney pantheon, so it only figures it gets a rep here. Beast was the obvious choice here, though Gaston would've been equally awesome.
  12. Aladdin (Aladdin) - Another one of those no-brainers. I envision him as a sword-wielder despite not using em that much in the original film, as it's pretty much become a staple in most of his video game appearances. Also, the Genie is an obvious super move
  13. Simba (The Lion King) - Lion King might be the single most iconic animated film ever, so i think it more than earns a slot here. Going with Simba, cuz A: main character, and B: one of our few chances to get a quadruped on the roster
  14. Hades (Hercules) - Yet another villain, plus fire user, which we've been severely lacking
  15. Mulan (Mulan) - Iconic character from an iconic film? Check! Experienced in combat? Check! A Disney princess, which is something the roster was currently lacking as of current? Check! Needless to say Mulan was gonna be one of the locks for this game, even if I opened things up to other parts of Disney.
  16. Stitch (Lilo & Stitch) - Another lock. He, along with Mulan might be the two with most to work with for a moveset here. I envision a Pikachu-esque rushdown with a bit of rolling, blasters, maybe a mechanic where he swaps to an from four to six limbs?
  17. Rapunzel (Tangled) - And now we've come to the revival-era characters. First up, Rapunzel. Her hair and frying pan alone I think are enough to have a good moveset here.
  18. Wreck-it Ralph (Wreck-it Ralph) - I don't about you, but I think a character hailing from a film all about video games is necessary for this... video game.
  19. Elsa (Frozen) - It's Frozen. Nuff said.
  20. Maui (Moana) - Almost went with Moana, but idk, I think Maui has more to work with. A heavyweight, a bit of shapeshifting, and of course, his trusty hook. That, and I wanted one revival-era character that wasn't the protagonist of their film

And now we've come to the DLC. Unlike the base roster, this group isn't ordered chronologically, rather what order I think they should be released.
  1. Horned King (The Black Cauldron) - Feel this roster could use one final villain. After thinking it over, I went Horned King. Black Cauldron is film that nearly killed Disney Animation, so they don't like to acknowledge it all that much, despite it's fairly huge cult status. Adding Horned King will show the fans that we aren't opposed to adding oddball picks here and there. Plus he's honestly just a really cool character.
  2. Judy Hopps (Zootopia) - I'll be honest, Zootopia is my favorite WDAS film, so I tried my darndest to make sure it got representation here, even if it meant waiting til DLC. Almost had her in base with Maui in this spot as DLC, but again, felt we needed a revival era character not the star of their film.
  3. Kronk (The Emperor's New Groove) - It's insane how the Emperor's New Groove went from an extremely troubled film in development and essentially a bomb at release, to one of the most adored films in the entire Disney Animated Canon. Even Disney themselves have embraced it. And who better to represent this film than probably it's breakout character? And hey, I can say, I managed to get a villian sidekick on the roster.
  4. Raya (Raya and the Last Dragon) - The obligatory "keep this roster as fresh as possible" character. Also, WHIPSWORD!

Man, this was a lot harder than I thought it'd be. took me a good week or so to fully get this down, but I think I'm proud of it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm cheating a little because this is a single game rather than a franchise but I think an Arknights fighting game could be really fun, if arguably not very fitting to the game's themes.

1. Amiya (Caster) - The mascot of the game and one of the main characters. I think she'd be an easy-to-play zoner at beginner play with her bare-handed Arts but would require a lot of skill to pull off her harder skills.
  2. Kal'tsit (Medic) - Another really important character who would play very uniquely thanks to Mon3tr.
  3. Ch'en (Guard) - Seeing how she's a big part of the first few chapters and a very unique character, she makes perfect sense.
  4. Rosmontis (Sniper) - Aside from her importance, I really want her to be this game's Ramlethal.
  5. Jessica (Sniper) - As she makes quite a memorable impression at the beginning of the story, I feel like she'd be something of a joke fighter.
  6. Dobermann (Guard) - Trainer of the newcomers and the obligatory whip fighter.
  7. Lava (Caster) - Lava is ridiculously popular for a three-star, I think she should be a shoo-in.
  8. Mudrock (Defender) - As she has some interesting skills she can't show off in Arknights gameplay, a fighting game can benefit her greatly.
  9. Blaze (Guard) - She's very prominent in the marketing of the game but let's be honest, she's here because she has a flame chainsaw.
  10. Mountain (Guard) - Aside from his popularity, I also wanted to include a boxer.
  11. Beanstalk (Vanguard) -Not very important but a fun fighter concept with her crabs acting as set-play tools.
  12. Silence (Medic) - Not much of a fighter but I wanted more medics and she can use her drones creatively.
  13. Fang (Vanguard) - She's a beginner-friendly character with her spear due to how early you get her in the game.
  14. SilverAsh (Guard) - No explanation is needed to explain why he's here. He's a stance-changer fighter just like in Arknights.
  15. Gladiia (Specialist) - Under Tides caused this but she also has water powers so...
  16. Ethan (Specialist) - Another popular character who has a unique set of skills between yoyos, binding, invisibility, and parkour.
  17. Gavial (Medic) - Easily one of the most badass characters in the game and a rare combat-oriented medic, at least in the story.
  18. Executor (Sniper) - I feel like he's the way to go if you want a Sankta and his shotgun stands out among the other firearms.
  19. Sora (Supporter) - She may not be as prominent as Texas or Exusia but an idol fighter would be a different addition and I wanted more Supporters.
  20. Hung (Defender) - He's mostly here for the cuteness factor but can also get some help from Aak in his special moves.

And then there's DLC, which is mostly just popular characters who missed the base game:
  1. W (Sniper) - Might be a bit too spoiler-y but I think her infamy in the fandom and story relevance is worth it.
  2. Surtr (Guard) - I just think it'd be funny if she's just as broken in this game, too. Also, cool Stand powers.
  3. Angelina (Supporter) - Gravity powers would make her a pretty unique character, imo, you just need some artistic license.
  4. Phantom (Specialist) - A little similar to Ethan but a lot more graceful and mobile.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I made this "What if Smash was a new IP?" roster ages ago

In hindsight the only characters I'd remove are Andross (not sure who would take his place though... probably Diddy Kong?) and Inkling (in favour of one of the idols)
I like a lot of this, though I question there being no Luigi (especially if Wa is there) or Pikachu. All of the new “Misc.” characters are great choices, though.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I like a lot of this, though I question there being no Luigi (especially if Wa is there) or Pikachu. All of the new “Misc.” characters are great choices, though.
Both those absences were concious decisions - I felt Pikachu wouldn't add anything other than marketing value and Luigi feels better fit for some sort of clone or alt character feature, which I wasn't really accounting for as I went into this with a set number of fighters in mind.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
A Disney fighter has been one of my dream games for ages now. That being said, with how much they own, it can be a little overwhelming to fit it all snugly in a 24 character roster all whilst adding some spice to it. As such, I'm deciding to stick with one corner of the company in particular that I adore, that being the Walt Disney Animation Studios Canon, a collection of 60+ films from their premier animation studio of the same name, starting with 1937's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and spanning all the way up to next year's Strange World. These are some of the most iconic animated films period, so I think there's more than enough to work with here.

And here's the roster. Again, only characters from the films of Walt Disney Animation Studios. No Pixar, Marvel Star Wars, or 20th Century Studios. I'm also going with a one per franchise rule, as I want a many films represented as possible. Everyone's in chronological order of when they debuted, not necessarily the films they represent, though this really only applies to like... two characters, lol.
  1. Sorcerer Mickey (Fantasia) - Okay, this may be a bit of a cheat, but idc. Mickey seems necessary for a game like this, and and the Sorcerer's Apprentice is both a key moment for Mickey Mouse and the starring segment of Fantasia, so I think he's necessary to include
  2. Grumpy (Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs) - The film that started it all. Grumpy's just the default skin. A couple of the other dwarfs (not necessarily all of em, just haven't pinned down which ones yet lol) will be alts. Believe it or not, this was one of the last characters I ended up adding, cuz I wasn't sure if they had enough to bring to the table. But thinking it over, I'd say they do.
  3. Peter Pan (Peter Pan) - Don't think I need to explain this choice too much. Just a staple Disney character with more than enough to work with. He'd be very Sora-like in the sense he'd be extremely floaty. Tinkerbell will be there too even if it's just for his taunts. I almost considered having the two be puppet fighters, but idk it didn't feel right.
  4. Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty) - Of course, were gonna some villains on this roster. Who better to start off with that than probably the crowning jewel of all Disney villains?
  5. Cruella De Vil (101 Dalmatians) - Another obligatory villain and just an overall iconic character.
  6. Merlin (The Sword in the Stone) - Merlin's one of those Disney characters whose probably more iconic than the film they originally hailed from. Felt it'd be sacrilege to not include him here. Almost didn't include him cuz I figured his shapeshifting would've clashed a bit with a certain other character on the roster we'll get to latter, but on second thought, I think there's more to work with for each of em to the point I think they can coexist.
  7. Baloo (The Jungle Book) - The first of many animal characters on this roster (Mickey excluded). Also, his super will be Talespin related cuz I say so.
  8. Tigger (The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh) - The one Winnie the Pooh character that wouldn't feel out of place in a scuffle. Doesn't hurt his popularity is arguably on par with Pooh's so he isn't too out there either.
  9. Robin Hood (Robin Hood) - We have an opportunity to include an archer, so I think we should take it.
  10. Ursula (The Little Mermaid) - For being an extremely iconic and important film in the canon, there really wasn't a lot of viable candidates for Little Mermaid. Ursula however I think works enough. For full potential, she'll be wielding Triton's trident, like she does at the climax of the film.
  11. Beast (Beauty & the Beast) - The first animated feature to ever be nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards, BaTB is a very important film in the Disney pantheon, so it only figures it gets a rep here. Beast was the obvious choice here, though Gaston would've been equally awesome.
  12. Aladdin (Aladdin) - Another one of those no-brainers. I envision him as a sword-wielder despite not using em that much in the original film, as it's pretty much become a staple in most of his video game appearances. Also, the Genie is an obvious super move
  13. Simba (The Lion King) - Lion King might be the single most iconic animated film ever, so i think it more than earns a slot here. Going with Simba, cuz A: main character, and B: one of our few chances to get a quadruped on the roster
  14. Hades (Hercules) - Yet another villain, plus fire user, which we've been severely lacking
  15. Mulan (Mulan) - Iconic character from an iconic film? Check! Experienced in combat? Check! A Disney princess, which is something the roster was currently lacking as of current? Check! Needless to say Mulan was gonna be one of the locks for this game, even if I opened things up to other parts of Disney.
  16. Stitch (Lilo & Stitch) - Another lock. He, along with Mulan might be the two with most to work with for a moveset here. I envision a Pikachu-esque rushdown with a bit of rolling, blasters, maybe a mechanic where he swaps to an from four to six limbs?
  17. Rapunzel (Tangled) - And now we've come to the revival-era characters. First up, Rapunzel. Her hair and frying pan alone I think are enough to have a good moveset here.
  18. Wreck-it Ralph (Wreck-it Ralph) - I don't about you, but I think a character hailing from a film all about video games is necessary for this... video game.
  19. Elsa (Frozen) - It's Frozen. Nuff said.
  20. Maui (Moana) - Almost went with Moana, but idk, I think Maui has more to work with. A heavyweight, a bit of shapeshifting, and of course, his trusty hook. That, and I wanted one revival-era character that wasn't the protagonist of their film

And now we've come to the DLC. Unlike the base roster, this group isn't ordered chronologically, rather what order I think they should be released.
  1. Horned King (The Black Cauldron) - Feel this roster could use one final villain. After thinking it over, I went Horned King. Black Cauldron is film that nearly killed Disney Animation, so they don't like to acknowledge it all that much, despite it's fairly huge cult status. Adding Horned King will show the fans that we aren't opposed to adding oddball picks here and there. Plus he's honestly just a really cool character.
  2. Judy Hopps (Zootopia) - I'll be honest, Zootopia is my favorite WDAS film, so I tried my darndest to make sure it got representation here, even if it meant waiting til DLC. Almost had her in base with Maui in this spot as DLC, but again, felt we needed a revival era character not the star of their film.
  3. Kronk (The Emperor's New Groove) - It's insane how the Emperor's New Groove went from an extremely troubled film in development and essentially a bomb at release, to one of the most adored films in the entire Disney Animated Canon. Even Disney themselves have embraced it. And who better to represent this film than probably it's breakout character? And hey, I can say, I managed to get a villian sidekick on the roster.
  4. Raya (Raya and the Last Dragon) - The obligatory "keep this roster as fresh as possible" character. Also, WHIPSWORD!

Man, this was a lot harder than I thought it'd be. took me a good week or so to fully get this down, but I think I'm proud of it.
surely the keeping things as fresh as possible role would now be mirabel?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
surely the keeping things as fresh as possible role would now be mirabel?
I watched Encanto a few days ago.

While I adored Mirabel as a character, she really doesn't have much to work with as a fighter. I think you can have her team up with her sisters for a more appealing gameplay concept, or maybe just go with one of them.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I watched Encanto a few days ago.

While I adored Mirabel as a character, she really doesn't have much to work with as a fighter. I think you can have her team up with her sisters for a more appealing gameplay concept, or maybe just go with one of them.
she’s got as much to work with as cruella who’s on that list

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nickelodeon vs. Cartoon Network.

Arguably a rivalry on par with DC vs. Marvel, Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter, Mario vs. Sonic (Nintendo vs. Sega), and Pokemon vs. Digimon. It was especially very big back in the 90s and still kinda is today.

A roster I made a while back.

Nickelodeon:
Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
April O'Neil (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
CatDog (CatDog)
Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
Garfield (Garfield)
Helga Pataki (Hey Arnold!)
Jenny Wakeman/XJ-9 (My Life As A Teenage Robot)
Jimmy Neutron (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius)
Korra (The Legend of Korra)
Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberries)
Norbert & Daggett (The Angry Beavers)
Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
Ren & Stimpy (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
Reptar (Rugrats)
Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)
Patrick Star (Spongebob Squarepants)
Plankton (Spongebob Squarepants)
Powered Toastman (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
Sandy Cheeks (Spongebob Squarepants)
Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants)
Tak (Tak and the Power of Juju)
Timmy Turner w/ Cosmo & Wanda ( The Fairly OddParents)
TMNT; Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael & Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Toph Beifong (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Zim (Invader Zim)

-

Cartoon Network:
Aku (Samurai Jack)
Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
Billy & Mandy (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Captain K'nuckles (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)
Chowder (Chowder)
Courage (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
Cow & Chicken (Cow and Chicken)
Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory)
Ed, Edd & Eddy (Ed, Edd n Eddy)
Finn & Jake (Adventure Time)
Flapjack (The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack)
Garnet (Steven Universe)
Grim (The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy)
Gumball Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Gwen Tennyson (Ben 10)
Ice Bear (We Bare Bears)
Johnny Bravo (Johnny Bravo)
K.O. (OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes)
Kevin Levin (Ben 10)
Mac & Bloo (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
Mojo Jojo (Powerpuff Girls)
Mordecai & Rigby (The Regular Show)
Numbuh 1 (Codename: Kids Next Door)
PPG; Blossom, Bubbles & Buttercup (Powerpuff Girls)
Rex Salazar (Generator Rex)
Samurai Jack (Samurai Jack)
Steven Universe (Steven Universe)
Vilgax (Ben 10)
Surely if Disney was to make its own fighting game, they'd add Marvel and Star Wars characters as well like how ninja turtles characters and Garfield were added to Nick All-Stars Brawl.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
she’s got as much to work with as cruella who’s on that list
I think cruella has enough to work with. For example, I imagine her goons help her out, she can throws stuff in rage. She seems she'd be fun to work with.

Idk, think Raya fits for the recencey slot more, she seems more suited for a combat focused game like this . Also I really want that whipsword lol.

Fwiw, I envision Casa Madrigal as an obvious stage, so Encanto will still have some representation there.
Surely if Disney was to make its own fighting game, they'd add Marvel and Star Wars characters as well like how ninja turtles characters and Garfield were added to Nick All-Stars Brawl.
It's my list. I do whatever I want.

Adding them all in would've been a bit too overwhelming for me lol.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another I have is a Godzilla fighting game roster. I feel we're longer overdue for another Godzilla game as a whole whether action-adventure or a fighting game.

Base Game:
Anguirus
Battra
Baragon
Biollante
Behemoth
Destoroyah
Ebirah
Ganimes
Gaira
Gezora
Gigan (Final Wars)
Godzilla (1954)
Godzilla (Heisei)
Godzilla (MonsterVerse)
Godzilla (Reiwa)
Gorosaurus
Kamoebas
Kong (MonsterVerse)
King Kong (Toho)
Kamacuras
Kumonga
Hedorah
Jet Jaguar
King Caesar
King Ghidorah (Legendary)
Kiryu
Manda
Mecha-King Ghidorah
Mechagodzilla (Showa)
Mechagodzilla (Legendary)
Mechani-Kong
Megaguirus
Megalon
MOGUERA (Heisei)
Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah
Mothra (Legendary)
MUTO (Female)+MUTO (Male)
Orga
Ramarak (Skullcrawler)
Rodan (Legendary)
Sanda
SpaceGodzilla
Super Mechagodzilla
Titanosaurus
Varan
Zilla

DLC:
Eren Yeager (Attack Titan)
Eva-01
Gamera
Ultraman
Zone Fighter
It's my list. I do whatever I want.

Adding them all in would've been a bit too overwhelming for me
Fair enough, just like with my Nick vs. CN roster.

I have an Idea for another Crossover fighting Game:
"NINTENVILLAINS!"

Roster contains only Nintendo Villains and Rivals (No 3rd Parties allowed!):
Here's the full roster:
1. Bowser
2. Bowser Jr.
3. Ganondorf
4. Ridley
5. Sylux
6. King DEDEDE
7. Meta Knight
8. Andross