• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE].

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Smash 64 - Slap City style
If you're unfamiliar with Slap City, it has a very quirky approach to roster design, see this handy graphic:
Screenshot 2024-07-05 192512.png

So, how would Smash look with this kind of roster logic? Well, here's how I'd do it.
Screenshot 2024-07-05 213422.png

Funnily enough, I tend to complain about Smash rosters - both official and fanmade - focusing too much on "cool characters" and not enough on other types of characters, but here I am with a roster that replaces two cute characters with cool characters lmao.

Oddball

Smash Lord
The Real Ghostbusters
Mostly based on the cartoon series, with a couple of characters coming in from the toyline of the time, and throwing in Vigo simply because I think he'd be a fun character to include.

I picture this working something like the Playstation All Stars where you wear your opponent down with moves and when they reach low enough energy, you can finish them off with your special, a ghost trap for the Ghostbusters characters and perhaps some sort of ghostly portal for the ghost characters.

ghostbusters fighter.png

Roster features ...

Egon Spengler
Ray Stanz
The Peoplebusters
Dracula (from the toyline)
The Headless Motorcyclist
The Grundal
Ghost Master
Boogaloo
Winston Zedmore
Peter Venkman
Icon Ghost
Bad 2 The Bone Ghost
Werechicken
Cursed Blackie
The Boogeyman
Stay Puft
Janine Melnitz
Professor Dweeb
The Boss Troll
Granny Gross
Shanna O'Callahan the Banshee
Vigo (also known as Prince Vigo Von Homburg Deutschendorf, Scourge of Carpathia, Sorrow of Moldavia, Vigo the Carpathian, Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, Vigo the Unholy, and possibly Vigo the Butch)
The Sandman
Samhain

I'd save Slimer for a character assist (and possibly a stage hazard) and bring back Gozer the Gozerian as a final boss.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
that's it I'm doing a British Sitcom roster. it might just be a bbc roster but I can't remember who owns what

1. Edmund Blackadder
  2. Baldrick (blackadder)
  3. Geraldine Grainger (vicar of dibley)
  4. Alice Tinker (vicar of dibley)
  5. Captain Mainwaring (dad's army)
  6. Lance Corporal Jones (dad's army)
  7. Arkwright (open all hours)
  8. Granvil (open all hours)
  9. Norman Fletcher (porridge)
  10. Mr MacKay (porridge)
  11. Del Boy (open all hours)
  12. Rodney (open all hours)
  13. Lister (red dwarf)
  14. Kryten (red dwarf)
  15. Basil Fawlty (fawlty towers)
  16. Agnus Brown (mrs brown's boys)
  17. Bren (dinner ladies)
  18. Miranda
  19. Ben Harper (my family)
  20. Susan Harper (my family)

In light of recent events, I created a Viz Media crossover fighting roster.
Naruto Uzumaki​
Sasuke Uchiha​
Rock Lee​
Orochimaru​
Boruto Uzumaki​
Lum Invader​
Shutaro Mendou​
Ranma Saotome​
InuYasha​
Towa Higurashi​
Sailor Moon​
Sailor Venus​
Jotaro Kujo​
Dio Brando​
Jolyne Cujoh​
Ruby Rose​
Weiss Schnee​
Blake Belladonna​
Yang Xiao Long​
Doraemon​
Ichigo Kurosaki​
Rukia Kuchiki​
Gon Freecss​
Yuji Itadori​
Genos​

Luckily, I do have my reasons.
  1. Naruto Uzumaki - By and large, one of the poster children for Viz Media as a whole. As such, he and his franchise deserve a whole row to itself.
  2. Sasuke Uchiha - Naruto's rival in ninjitsu and the host of a rabid fandom in the 2000s, Sasuke deserves a space on the roster.
  3. Rock Lee - I wanted to include a supporting character for the wide cast of Naruto, and Rock Lee fits this to a T.
  4. Orochimaru - I have a protagonist, a rival, a breakout star, and now I need a villain. Oh, look! Orochimaru was the antagonist for the pre-timeskip arcs. He'll do.
  5. Boruto Uzumaki - Naruto's son himself, Boruto, joins the fight as our fifth and final Naruto rep. Sorry, Sakura.
  6. Lum Invader - After five men in a row, we need some female fighters. Luckily, Rumiko Takahashi has a slew to pull from. First is the alien princess herself.
  7. Shutaro Mendou - Yes, I'm skipping Ataru Moroboshi in this lineup, so sue me. But Mendou is skilled in samurai swordplay, not to mention all the ways his family fortune aids him. He can even toss octopi as a projectile, but he likely won't want to.
  8. Ranma Saotome - If Naruto represents Viz Media nowadays, Ranma best represents their past. Plus, that School of Anything Goes does take him/her pretty far.
  9. InuYasha - The dog demon enters the fray! Armed with the Tetsuaiga in combat, InuYasha can blow enemies away if he doesn't slice them first.
  10. Towa Higurashi - Representing the YashaHime series is InuYasha's niece Towa. Being a half-blood yokai with access to modern technology, she can provide a different moveset. Just don't ask who her mother is.
  11. Sailor Moon - Of course I'm adding Sailor Moon in this game. Why wouldn't I add the leader of the Sailor Scouts? Speaking of which...
  12. Sailor Venus - I'm also adding a second Sailor Scout in the game. Coincidentally, Sailor Venus starred in her own manga that acts as a prequel to the original Sailor Moon.
  13. Jotaro Kujo - With his stand Star Platinum at his side, Jotaro enters the battle as stern as ever.
  14. Dio Brando - Most maniacal villains try to take over the world. Dio made The World his stand. Need I say more?
  15. Jolyne Cujoh - Hailing from modern-day JJBA, Jolyne joins Boruto and Towa as the third second-generation protagonist licensed by Viz Media. Commence fan art in 3-2-1...
  16. Ruby Rose - Now that Viz Media owns RWBY, there's no way they'll pass on putting all four main characters in a game like this.
  17. Weiss Schnee
  18. Blake Belladonna
  19. Yang Xiao Long
  20. Doraemon - Hey, who left this gag manga character in the right? It's Doraemon, the gadget cat from the future. (offscreen shriek) Can someone please coax Ranma from the rafters? That stupid father of his...
  21. Ichigo Kurosaki - Another swordfighter? Pairs well with the amount of martial artists and brawlers in here.
  22. Rukia Kuchiki - That's right. I'm giving Bleach a second fighter. Because the Bleach fans would hate me if I didn't do that.
  23. Gon Freecss - Coming from the heels of his own fighting game, Gon makes an appearance in this entry.
  24. Yuji Itadori - Representing the new hotness, Yuji comes from a modern series called Jujitsu Kaisen. Different from the 90s and 2000s characters, I'd bet.
  25. Genos - I wanted to put in a One-Punch Man to end this roster, but I know Saitama would be too OP. So I went for the next best guy.
I could go for DLC, but I think I've already covered the best of Viz Media for now.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
A concept I've been kicking around for a while, but got beaten to by a pretty notable YouTube video, was if Capcom had been the ones to create the King of Fighters series - starting off in 1994 as a celebration of the company's 10th anniversary in the arcade business. While I think Thorgi's take on it was pretty neat, I've also been thinking of doing my own for some time, so I might as well place it here.

And as for the name? I think the best course of action is to name it after the tournament it's centred around: The World Warriors '94.
Similar to the actual KoF series, the story of this "universe" is sort of a dream match that mashes together different Capcom titles. Hence, it allows for characters or situations that might otherwise be unlikely to actually occur - though, there'll still need to be explanations here and there for different occurences. As a general rule, things like team setups and the like are less meta in nature - tending to rely more on thematic connections or established character histories where possible.

The year is 1994, and invitations are sent across the globe to some of the greatest fighters from an unknown benefactor - suggesting a new World Warrior tournament is on the horizon. However, with the crime lord Belger dead following the Mad Gear incident, and the despotic dictatorial head of the Shadaloo syndicate dead at the hands of a mysterious fighter following the last tournament, the identity of this new patron is a mystery...
A competitor in the last World Warrior tournament, Ryu, learns of this new tournament alongside his lifetime training partner Ken, and the pair seek a third member to allow entry to the competition. They find that member in their former opponent and ally, Interpol agent Chun-Li - who seeks to use this opportunity to work out who's behind this new tournament, and if they pose any threat to the world.

Obviously the baseline Street Fighter team, I felt that Ryu and Chun-Li were essentially mandatory - and it'd just make sense to pair Ken with them with that in mind. Not many notes here, to be honest - it just makes sense.
After news of a new World Warrior tournament reaches the military, they send Air Force Colonel Guile to investigate - pairing him with the Delta Red operative Cammy White, and the cybernetically-enhanced commando Rad Spencer. Their mission is twofold - uncover the truth behind the tournament's mysterious benefactor, and eliminate any potential remnants of Shadaloo once and for all.

While Guile is another classic World Warrior, I thought Cammy's popularity and role as a New Challenger would make her a fun pick - and to spice things up, I'm pairing them with the protagonist of Bionic Commando. He's using his Famicom name mostly because it was the more popular release of the game, and I also think that the interactions with these three could be quite interesting.
Following M. Bison's murder at the hands of the mysterious fighter in the last World Warrior tournament, a power vacuum is forming amongst Shadaloo's old territories - and the remaining Heavenly Kings, Sagat, Vega, and Balrog, are thrusted into an unlikely alliance in an attempt to maintain control and fend off potential usurpers.

Another pretty obvious team akin to Team World Warriors, but one I think is interesting in this context. Sagat, Vega and Balrog all have very different personalities, and I can't help but think it'd be fun to see them forced to set their differences aside for the sake of their own lives.
Despite the death of the crime lord Belger, Metro City is still rife with crime from the ensuing power vacuum - and the city's celebrated mayor, Mike Haggar, is having none of it. When he's invited to join the World Warrior tournament, he seeks to have his allies join him - but with them being otherwise occupied, he's instead joined by urban samurai Carlos Miyamoto and a young Bushinryu practisioner, Maki Genryusai.

While Haggar returns from the first Final Fight, he's joined by the playable cast of Final Fight 2, Carlos and Maki. This is partially for cross-promotion - the game released in 1993, so it's not exactly old - but also because in this timeline, the plot of the first Final Fight has already happened. Plus, it could be fun to have Cody and Guy turn up later down the line.
After Belger's death, the once-powerful Mad Gear Gang was mostly splintered into various factions, one of which was led by the idealistic Rolento. Joined by two foot soldiers who served below him, the stoic El Gado and the slightly... dense Andore, Rolento seeks to use this tournament as a springboard to launch his ideal utopic society - a dictatorship with him in control. That is, if he can keep his allies in check.

Obviously the elephant in the room here is that Rolento and Andore (or, Hugo) would later become playable in Street Fighter, but I think this team makes sense for the time being. All of them featured in the first Final Fight, but Rolento actually featured in Final Fight 2 as well, so he's a reoccuring pick that seems like a good leader - especially as his dream is to create a utopia with him at the head. Plus, him and El Gado getting into arguments feels like fun.
Following the defeat of the alien Pyron, most of the Darkstalkers retreated away from human civilisation as they had before - but some opted not to. The vampire Demitri Maximoff was still trapped amongst the human world, and found himself invited to the World Warrior tournament - choosing allies in the form of the curious succubus Morrigan Aensland and the self-loathing vampire Jon Talbain.

This team's obviously intended as cross-promotion for Capcom's newest fighting game franchise, Darkstalkers - and the team lineup is mostly chosen because I think these characters would be more likely to work together. Demitri is interested in draining stronger opponents, Morrigan is simply curious to meet more interesting humans, and Talbain seeks to know if he can find a greater sense of peace through martial combat.
The CEO of Star Electronics, Mars Carlisle, saw the efforts of Mike Haggar in fighting crime and was inspired to take matters into his own hands - becoming the technologically advanced hero, Captain Commando. Without a team by his side as of yet, he was joined by an emissary of the enigmatic Strider organisation, Hiryu, and an experimental robotic prototype of Light Labs, the "Proto Man".

The concept behind this team is that the true Team Commando doesn't exist yet - so Captain Commando has to find allies in unusual places. Hiryu felt like a great standin for Ginzu the Ninja, but I felt Proto Man would be a clever "early" Mega Man rep before Rock had even been built. Plus, the personalities of the trio feel like they'd be fun to explore together for the time being. I'm thinking the true Commando Team would form in this team's credit scene - perhaps appearing in future titles.
Despite their very different backgrounds, a trio of individuals - Momotaru, SonSon III and Ace Raratto - met at a bar while Momotaru and SonSon were engaging in a fierce eating contest, and they'd all become fast friends pretty much overnight. As it turned out, all of them seemed to have been the descendants of heroes - who'd fought against pirates, enemy militias, and even an army of evil animals - and the opportunity to take on a new generation in the World Warrior tournament wasn't one to pass up!

As you can probably tell, the theme of this team is that they're descendants of some of Capcom's earliest heroes - Momotaru, SonSon, and Super Ace from Pirate Ship Higemaru, SonSon, and 1942 respectively. Think of them as a special anniversary team of sorts. SonSon III would basically be as she is in MVC2, but Momotaru would take inspiration from his Street Fighter V redesign, and Ace Raratto would be a pilot with some military inspirations and an aviation theme. By the way, Raratto's name comes from both "Super Ace" and Mark Raratto, the P1 character in 19XX: The War Against Destiny. Think of it as... future cross-promotion? In arguably the most roundabout way possible.
Ryu
(Street Fighter)​
Ken
(Street Fighter)​
Chun-Li
(Street Fighter)​
Guile
(Street Fighter)​
Cammy
(Street Fighter)​
Spencer
(Bionic Commando)​
Sagat
(Street Fighter)​
Vega
(Street Fighter)​
Balrog
(Street Fighter)​
Haggar
(Final Fight)​
Maki
(Final Fight)​
Carlos
(Final Fight)​
Rolento
(Final Fight)​
El Gado
(Final Fight)​
Andore
(Final Fight)​
Demitri
(Darkstalkers)​
Morrigan
(Darkstalkers)​
Jon Talbain
(Darkstalkers)​
Captain Commando
(...)​
Strider Hiryu
(Strider)​
Proto Man
(Mega Man)​
Momotaru
(Pirate Ship Higemaru)​
SonSon III
(SonSon)​
Ace Raratto
(194X)

In addition, the game has a boss - Psycho-Akuma. After killing M. Bison, Akuma was imbued with his Psycho Power - and, combined with the power of the Satsuo no Hado, it turns his body into a vessel for sheer power, as well as inserting some of Bison's consciousness into his own as they both wrestle for control. Using some of Shadaloo's surviving soldiers in Thailand to do his bidding, it seems the World Warrior tournament was set up solely to find a team powerful enough to satiate the Raging Demon's new unbridled drive for conflict...
I'll probably come back to this with sequel rosters at some point. Or not. Who knows!

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
My concept is a fighting game pitting together some of the most popular fighting game characters from the three biggest video game industries: The US, UK and Japan. I mean China is probably one too but I have no idea what they make there...

I've implimented a loose rule though: I'm going to be prioritizing characters who can represent their country slightly more. For example, Mario is a very popular Japanese video game character but he's associated with being Italian so I'm prioritizing another Nintendo character. Someone like Dragon Quest Slime would be perfectly fine though even if the series is very western inspired and again, it's a loose rule. My goal here is pretty much to represent the industries history and countries as well as possible.

🇺🇸
1. Adventurer (Adventure)
2. Johnny Cage (Mortal Kombat)
3. Doomslayer (Doom)
4. Diablo (Diablo)
5. Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)
6. Master Chief (Halo)
7. Meat Boy (Meat Boy)
8. Ellie Williams (The Last of Us)
9. Arthur Morgan (Red Dead)
🇬🇧
1. Miner Wily (Miner Willy)
2. Sabrewulf (Sabrewulf)
3. Dizzy (Dizzy)
4. Aarbon (Shadow of the Beast)
5. Worm (Worms)
6. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
7. Hero of Oakvale (Fable)
8. Jack of Blades (Fable)
9. Pirate (Sea of Thieves)
🇯🇵
1. Space Invader (Space Invaders)
2. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
3. Slime (Dragon Quest)
4. Ryu (Street Fighter)
5. Akira Yuki (Virtua Fighter)
6. Terra Branford (Final Fantasy)
7. Reiko Nagase (Ridge Racer)
8. Pikachu (Pokemon)
9. Tarnished (Elden Ring)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Smash 64 - Slap City style
If you're unfamiliar with Slap City, it has a very quirky approach to roster design, see this handy graphic:
View attachment 391950
So, how would Smash look with this kind of roster logic? Well, here's how I'd do it.
View attachment 391952
Funnily enough, I tend to complain about Smash rosters - both official and fanmade - focusing too much on "cool characters" and not enough on other types of characters, but here I am with a roster that replaces two cute characters with cool characters lmao.
Gonna continue this. Won't be doing an even clone-to-new ratio with the originals, 1. because I didn't do that for the first roster, and 2. many of these characters barely appear; also will not be doing perfect series balance, that was fine for 64 but could prove problematic as more series I'm unfamiliar with come into play. 3P will be restricted to companies already repped and have an equal quantity.
MELEE NEWCOMERS:
  1. Roy Koopa
  2. Viruses
  3. Darunia
  4. Moblin
  5. Zelda
  6. Yoshi
  7. Mr. Frosty
  8. Zapdos
  9. Onix
  10. Marth
  11. Von Kaiser
  12. Duck Hunt
  13. Mr. G&W
  14. Jinbe the Farmer
BRAWL NEWCOMERS:
  1. Luigi
  2. Donkey Kong
  3. Wario
  4. Ashley & Red
  5. Midna
  6. Helmaroc King
  7. King Dedede
  8. Leon Powalski
  9. Skitty
  10. Mewtwo
  11. Kumatora
  12. ROB
  13. Olimar
  14. Jingle (Animal Crossing)
  15. Jill & Drill Dozer
  16. Twinbellows
  17. Dracula
  18. Sonic the Hedgehog
3DS/WII U BASE NEWCOMERS
  1. Daisy
  2. Ghirahim
  3. Tingle
  4. Samus
  5. Trubbish
  6. Meloetta
  7. Genesect
  8. Robin
  9. Wii Fit Trainer
  10. Dunban
  11. MC Adore
  12. Who Are You Running From?
  13. Bubbles
  14. Mii Athlete
  15. Mii Tomodachi
  16. Pac-Man
  17. Blanka
3DS/WII U DLC NEWCOMERS
  1. Chun-Li
  2. Sephiroth
  3. Callie & Marie (just alts)
  4. Dr. Eggman
ULTIMATE BASE NEWCOMERS:
  1. Goomba
  2. Vivian
  3. Klump
  4. Susie (Kirby)
  5. Prince Fluff
  6. Incineroar
  7. Oliver (Fire Emblem)
  8. Penny Crygor
  9. Amaterasu
  10. Diana (Pop'n Music)
  11. Frogger
ULTIMATE DLC NEWCOMERS:
  1. Arwing
  2. Bonanza Bros.
  3. Hero
  4. Arbiter
  5. Flo Germi
  6. Waluigi
  7. Pearl (stance fighter with Pearl)
  8. Marina (stance fighter with Marina)
  9. Clippy
  10. Gex
  11. Mipha
  12. Goro & Mewkies
  13. Bowling Ball (The Simpsons Arcade)

Why yes, I have no sense for business, how could you tell? In all seriousness, this turned out way less punk-rock than I was expecting going in, heh. I was still a bit concerned about overrep (apologies to Paula, Natural Killer Cyborg, and Lil' Miss. Marshmallow), tried to avoid Banjo situations with 3Ps, and I ended up being more drawn to the "normie" picks and less drawn to the "wacky" picks than I anticipated. Does feel a bit like the series slowly decays in goofball energy in this timeline, before coming back in full force for the DLC (and also Hero's there.) (I almost put in Voodoo Vince instead of Arbiter lmao)

imagine gex and the bonanza bros being revealed at the game awards lmao

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
What if Smash Ultimate was as corporate and cynical as possible?

Basically, I looked up the five most best selling games per each Nintendo console according to Wikipedia. Each game then gets one character each for the roster. The character has to be someone with a prominent, or at least noteable role in whatever game sold well. Here's the list, warning there's a lot of Mario:

NES
  1. Super Mario Bros - Mario
  2. Duck Hunt - Duck Hunt Dog
  3. Super Mario Bros 3 - Bowser
  4. Tetris - L Tetromino
  5. Super Mario Bros 2 - Peach
Gameboy
  1. Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - Pikachu
  2. Tetris - O Tetromino
  3. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - Togepi
  4. Super Mario Land - Daisy
  5. Super Mario Land 2 - Wario
SNES
  1. Super Mario World - Yoshi
  2. Super Mario All-Stars - Luigi
  3. Donkey Kong Country - Donkey Kong
  4. Super Mario Kart - Toad
  5. Street Fighter II - Ryu
N64
  1. Super Mario 64 - Koopa Troopa
  2. Mario Kart 64 - Lakitu
  3. GoldenEye 007 - James Bond
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Link
  5. Super Smash Bros. - Master Hand
GBA
  1. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - Blaziken
  2. Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen - Mewtwo
  3. Pokemon Emerald - Gardevoir
  4. Mario Kart: Super Circuit - Shy Guy
  5. Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 - Boo
GCN
  1. Super Smash Bros. Melee - Crazy Hand
  2. Mario Kart: Double Dash - Birdo
  3. Super Mario Sunshine - Bowser Jr.
  4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - Ganondorf
  5. Luigi’s Mansion - Professor E. Gadd
DS
  1. New Super Mario Bros. - Petey Piranha Plant
  2. Nintendogs - Dog Walker
  3. Mario Kart DS - Waluigi
  4. Brain Age - Dr. Kawashima
  5. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - Lucario
Wii
  1. Wii Sports - Matt
  2. Mario Kart Wii - Rosalina
  3. Wii Sports Resort - Frisbee Dog
  4. New Super Mario Bros. Wii - Goomba
  5. Wii Play - Tank
3DS
  1. Mario Kart 7 - Metal Mario
  2. Pokemon X/Y - Greninja
  3. Pokemon Sun/Moon - Incineroar
  4. Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire - Groudon
  5. New Super Mario Bros. 2 - Dry Bowser
Wii U
  1. Mario Kart 8 - Toadette
  2. Super Mario 3D World - Cat Mario
  3. New Super Mario Bros. U - Boom Boom
  4. Super Smash Bros. For Wii U - Master Core
  5. Nintendo Land - Monita
Switch
  1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Baby Mario
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Villager
  3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Zelda
  4. Super Mario Odyssey - Pauline
  5. Pokemon Sword/Shield - Corviknight
Also, yes, I've eliminated Smash Ultimate from the Switch's list. And yes I would have done the Virtual Boy if Wikipedia listed it's sales.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
A concept I've been kicking around for a while, but got beaten to by a pretty notable YouTube video, was if Capcom had been the ones to create the King of Fighters series - starting off in 1994 as a celebration of the company's 10th anniversary in the arcade business. While I think Thorgi's take on it was pretty neat, I've also been thinking of doing my own for some time, so I might as well place it here.

And as for the name? I think the best course of action is to name it after the tournament it's centred around: The World Warriors '94.
Similar to the actual KoF series, the story of this "universe" is sort of a dream match that mashes together different Capcom titles. Hence, it allows for characters or situations that might otherwise be unlikely to actually occur - though, there'll still need to be explanations here and there for different occurences. As a general rule, things like team setups and the like are less meta in nature - tending to rely more on thematic connections or established character histories where possible.

The year is 1994, and invitations are sent across the globe to some of the greatest fighters from an unknown benefactor - suggesting a new World Warrior tournament is on the horizon. However, with the crime lord Belger dead following the Mad Gear incident, and the despotic dictatorial head of the Shadaloo syndicate dead at the hands of a mysterious fighter following the last tournament, the identity of this new patron is a mystery...
A competitor in the last World Warrior tournament, Ryu, learns of this new tournament alongside his lifetime training partner Ken, and the pair seek a third member to allow entry to the competition. They find that member in their former opponent and ally, Interpol agent Chun-Li - who seeks to use this opportunity to work out who's behind this new tournament, and if they pose any threat to the world.

Obviously the baseline Street Fighter team, I felt that Ryu and Chun-Li were essentially mandatory - and it'd just make sense to pair Ken with them with that in mind. Not many notes here, to be honest - it just makes sense.
After news of a new World Warrior tournament reaches the military, they send Air Force Colonel Guile to investigate - pairing him with the Delta Red operative Cammy White, and the cybernetically-enhanced commando Rad Spencer. Their mission is twofold - uncover the truth behind the tournament's mysterious benefactor, and eliminate any potential remnants of Shadaloo once and for all.

While Guile is another classic World Warrior, I thought Cammy's popularity and role as a New Challenger would make her a fun pick - and to spice things up, I'm pairing them with the protagonist of Bionic Commando. He's using his Famicom name mostly because it was the more popular release of the game, and I also think that the interactions with these three could be quite interesting.
Following M. Bison's murder at the hands of the mysterious fighter in the last World Warrior tournament, a power vacuum is forming amongst Shadaloo's old territories - and the remaining Heavenly Kings, Sagat, Vega, and Balrog, are thrusted into an unlikely alliance in an attempt to maintain control and fend off potential usurpers.

Another pretty obvious team akin to Team World Warriors, but one I think is interesting in this context. Sagat, Vega and Balrog all have very different personalities, and I can't help but think it'd be fun to see them forced to set their differences aside for the sake of their own lives.
Despite the death of the crime lord Belger, Metro City is still rife with crime from the ensuing power vacuum - and the city's celebrated mayor, Mike Haggar, is having none of it. When he's invited to join the World Warrior tournament, he seeks to have his allies join him - but with them being otherwise occupied, he's instead joined by urban samurai Carlos Miyamoto and a young Bushinryu practisioner, Maki Genryusai.

While Haggar returns from the first Final Fight, he's joined by the playable cast of Final Fight 2, Carlos and Maki. This is partially for cross-promotion - the game released in 1993, so it's not exactly old - but also because in this timeline, the plot of the first Final Fight has already happened. Plus, it could be fun to have Cody and Guy turn up later down the line.
After Belger's death, the once-powerful Mad Gear Gang was mostly splintered into various factions, one of which was led by the idealistic Rolento. Joined by two foot soldiers who served below him, the stoic El Gado and the slightly... dense Andore, Rolento seeks to use this tournament as a springboard to launch his ideal utopic society - a dictatorship with him in control. That is, if he can keep his allies in check.

Obviously the elephant in the room here is that Rolento and Andore (or, Hugo) would later become playable in Street Fighter, but I think this team makes sense for the time being. All of them featured in the first Final Fight, but Rolento actually featured in Final Fight 2 as well, so he's a reoccuring pick that seems like a good leader - especially as his dream is to create a utopia with him at the head. Plus, him and El Gado getting into arguments feels like fun.
Following the defeat of the alien Pyron, most of the Darkstalkers retreated away from human civilisation as they had before - but some opted not to. The vampire Demitri Maximoff was still trapped amongst the human world, and found himself invited to the World Warrior tournament - choosing allies in the form of the curious succubus Morrigan Aensland and the self-loathing vampire Jon Talbain.

This team's obviously intended as cross-promotion for Capcom's newest fighting game franchise, Darkstalkers - and the team lineup is mostly chosen because I think these characters would be more likely to work together. Demitri is interested in draining stronger opponents, Morrigan is simply curious to meet more interesting humans, and Talbain seeks to know if he can find a greater sense of peace through martial combat.
The CEO of Star Electronics, Mars Carlisle, saw the efforts of Mike Haggar in fighting crime and was inspired to take matters into his own hands - becoming the technologically advanced hero, Captain Commando. Without a team by his side as of yet, he was joined by an emissary of the enigmatic Strider organisation, Hiryu, and an experimental robotic prototype of Light Labs, the "Proto Man".

The concept behind this team is that the true Team Commando doesn't exist yet - so Captain Commando has to find allies in unusual places. Hiryu felt like a great standin for Ginzu the Ninja, but I felt Proto Man would be a clever "early" Mega Man rep before Rock had even been built. Plus, the personalities of the trio feel like they'd be fun to explore together for the time being. I'm thinking the true Commando Team would form in this team's credit scene - perhaps appearing in future titles.
Despite their very different backgrounds, a trio of individuals - Momotaru, SonSon III and Ace Raratto - met at a bar while Momotaru and SonSon were engaging in a fierce eating contest, and they'd all become fast friends pretty much overnight. As it turned out, all of them seemed to have been the descendants of heroes - who'd fought against pirates, enemy militias, and even an army of evil animals - and the opportunity to take on a new generation in the World Warrior tournament wasn't one to pass up!

As you can probably tell, the theme of this team is that they're descendants of some of Capcom's earliest heroes - Momotaru, SonSon, and Super Ace from Pirate Ship Higemaru, SonSon, and 1942 respectively. Think of them as a special anniversary team of sorts. SonSon III would basically be as she is in MVC2, but Momotaru would take inspiration from his Street Fighter V redesign, and Ace Raratto would be a pilot with some military inspirations and an aviation theme. By the way, Raratto's name comes from both "Super Ace" and Mark Raratto, the P1 character in 19XX: The War Against Destiny. Think of it as... future cross-promotion? In arguably the most roundabout way possible.
Ryu
(Street Fighter)​
Ken
(Street Fighter)​
Chun-Li
(Street Fighter)​
Guile
(Street Fighter)​
Cammy
(Street Fighter)​
Spencer
(Bionic Commando)​
Sagat
(Street Fighter)​
Vega
(Street Fighter)​
Balrog
(Street Fighter)​
Haggar
(Final Fight)​
Maki
(Final Fight)​
Carlos
(Final Fight)​
Rolento
(Final Fight)​
El Gado
(Final Fight)​
Andore
(Final Fight)​
Demitri
(Darkstalkers)​
Morrigan
(Darkstalkers)​
Jon Talbain
(Darkstalkers)​
Captain Commando
(...)​
Strider Hiryu
(Strider)​
Proto Man
(Mega Man)​
Momotaru
(Pirate Ship Higemaru)​
SonSon III
(SonSon)​
Ace Raratto
(194X)

In addition, the game has a boss - Psycho-Akuma. After killing M. Bison, Akuma was imbued with his Psycho Power - and, combined with the power of the Satsuo no Hado, it turns his body into a vessel for sheer power, as well as inserting some of Bison's consciousness into his own as they both wrestle for control. Using some of Shadaloo's surviving soldiers in Thailand to do his bidding, it seems the World Warrior tournament was set up solely to find a team powerful enough to satiate the Raging Demon's new unbridled drive for conflict...
I'll probably come back to this with sequel rosters at some point. Or not. Who knows!
I think it'd be fun to tackle some sequel rosters for this, and perhaps the idea of an overarching story. While the first game in the World Warriors series set the tone for what this world would look like (similar to The King of Fighters '94), the newer games in the series continue the story set up in the first game. With that in mind... let's explore the Psycho Saga.
The year is 1995. To the shock of many, invitations to a new World Warrior tournament once again find themselves reaching fighters across the world - but surely they couldn't come from Akuma, following his apparent death in the previous year? And could this strange occurence have some connection to the strange, evil wind that is beginning to blow all over the world...
Once again seeking to test his strength, Ryu joins the World Warrior tournament... despite his growing concern at how similar Akuma's fighting style was to his own. Joined once more by his sparring partner Ken, the pair seek a third competitor to join them as their former ally Chun-Li is otherwise occupied - and find them in one of their older enemies and training partners, the kempo practitioner Retsu.

Funnily enough, this new lineup essentially makes this "Team Street Fighter 1", but I think it works pretty well at this time. Chun-Li joins another team this time around that I think makes a little more sense, and Retsu's moveset and vibe are close enough to that of Ryu and Ken to be comfortable among them, but not too similar as to make them a team of three shotos.
Despite their initial mission being successful, Colonel Guile of the U.S. Air Force and Agent Cammy of Delta Red are once again sent to investigate a strange phenomena - a seeming wave in crime and fear being caused by the strange, evil winds throughout the world. Joining them is the Interpol officer Chun-Li, who is concerned that this evil wind may have a connection to the Psycho Power...

More of a "Team Street Fighter II" than before, what with Spencer being replaced with Chun-Li, but I think this makes sense. WW95's roster mindset is less focused on being a dream match celebration of Capcom's library and a little more on being an actual story, so there's a lot of Street Fighter bias as a result.
Sensing the lingering presence of Psycho Power in the world, the fortune teller Rose sought allies to aid in preventing a great cataclysm, foretold by her various methods. In doing so, she was joined by Guy - who also sensed a great evil in the world - and T. Hawk, who had vowed never to let forces like Shadaloo ruin his homeland again. In spite of this alliance, Rose is concerned that even they might not be powerful enough...

And, to top it off, a sort of "Team Street Fighter Alpha"... and T. Hawk. I think this trio makes sense narratively given all of them seem capable of sensing evil in the world, and T. Hawk specifically fills the role of a much-needed grappler in the roster. Plus, Guy could have some fun interactions with a couple of other teams.
After a year keeping control of Shadaloo, the Heavenly Kings set their sight on a new goal - turning the Psycho Power into a superweapon, fuelled by the rage of fighters doing battle. To this end, Vega and Balrog set up the new World Warrior tournament as both a smokescreen and power source... but Sagat, while still on board, is growing disillusioned with Shadaloo's goals.

It makes sense to keep this trio around, though they're returning pretty much unchanged from the last game. This time, they're the ones running the World Warrior tournament - for similar reasons to that seen in KoF '97. Plus, Sagat's growing disillusionment is hinted to in Street Fighter Alpha.
Having succeeded in reducing crime in Metro City, Haggar's mayoral election season is coming up - and the World Warrior tournament seems like a great place to act as an election platform. Calling once more on his allies, he's joined again by Carlos - but with Maki otherwise occupied in her training, she's replaced by the hot-headed police officer Lucia.

I think this could be a fun subplot - Haggar once again running for mayor, and having to fend off another competitor's efforts to do the same. Plus, the new Final Fight lineup actually has characters from all three games in the series - including Haggar as, of course, the baseline.
Hearing of the upcoming mayoral election for Metro City, the ever-opportunistic Rolento decides to seize the chance of eliminating his competition and running for the role - still joined by reluctant lackeys El Gado and Andore. His election platform and political history might be... spotty, but it won't matter if he's the last candidate standing - and if he succeeds, Metro City will be the springboard of his ideal society.

Another Final Fight team, once again returning from the last game, but with a slightly new vibe. I think they work well as opposing forces to Team Metro City, and to be honest, the lineup here is still something that makes sense to keep around. Not too many notes here.
Seeking to capture the Psycho Power to top off his own, Demitri once again decided to join the World Warrior tournament - but in need of allies, he would once again approach Morrigan with the offer. He'd then be approached by Talbain, and despite his concern that the martial artist wouldn't be effectively under his thumb, he nonetheless decided to accept his offer.

Team Night Warriors remains pretty much unchanged from the last tournament, with slightly altered dynamics what with Demitri now seeking a greater goal. I originally considered having the pair joined by another Darkstalker, but the initial lineup feels like a good fit to start with.
Following the first World Warrior tournament, Captain Commando went on several adventures of his own - and on his journeys, he'd befriend the scientist trapped in an infant's body, Baby Head, and a strange alien with an affinity for sharp objects, Mack the Knife. Forming the new Commando Companions, they're travelling the world to take on crime of all kinds - no matter where it hides!

An obvious team coming from the inclusion of Captain Commando in the last game, and one I think would honestly just be quite fun to include. I don't have many notes, but one thing I will suggest is that it'd be very funny for Captain Commando to win the role of mayor in his ending as an unintentional write-in candidate - forming a rivalry with Haggar as a result.
Ryu
(Street Fighter)​
Ken
(Street Fighter)​
Retsu
(Street Fighter)​
Guile
(Street Fighter)​
Chun-Li
(Street Fighter)​
Cammy
(Street Fighter)​
Rose
(Street Fighter)​
Guy
(Final Fight)​
T. Hawk
(Street Fighter)​
Sagat
(Street Fighter)​
Vega
(Street Fighter)​
Balrog
(Street Fighter)​
Haggar
(Final Fight)​
Lucia
(Final Fight)​
Carlos
(Final Fight)​
Rolento
(Final Fight)​
El Gado
(Final Fight)​
Andore
(Final Fight)​
Demitri
(Darkstalkers)​
Morrigan
(Darkstalkers)​
Talbain
(Darkstalkers)​
Captain Commando
(Captain Commando)​
Baby Head
(Captain Commando)​
Mack the Knife
(Captain Commando)​

A total of seven characters are brand new to this game, namely Retsu, Rose, Guy, T. Hawk, Lucia, Baby Head, and Mack the Knife. In addition, this game has two bosses.

The mid-boss is Akuma, no longer under the control of the Psycho Power but seemingly animated by the sheer power of the Satsui no Hado, and the true boss is Pyron, having arrived to the world after seemingly sensing the power present there. Despite his presence laying waste to large swathes of the city in which the finals take place, he is nonetheless bested by the united efforts of the teams present - though Ryu briefly succumbs to the power of the Satsui no Hado when fighting him, suggesting a darker path ahead...
The year is 1996. For the first time, following its spectacle and public intrigue, the World Warrior tournament is bankrolled by various companies - such as the Masters Foundation, the Umbrella Corporation, and the Kanzuki Zaibatsu - as an international spectacle. But, new faces vye for attention and power... and one man seems to have come back from the dead...
With the Masters Foundation being one of the companies bankrolling the new tournament, its head - Ken - once again approaches his sparring partner Ryu with the offer of taking on the world's competitors yet again. However, the pair are joined by an unlikely ally from their past - Sagat, who has grown disillusioned with his role in Shadaloo's work and wishes to rediscover the thrill of battle.

Despite Ryu and Ken being obvious returning characters, the question of who should join them is a reoccuring one - but Sagat is a really interesting candidate. It sort of keeps the "Street Fighter 1" theme from the last game, but Sagat's heel-face turn also feels like it expands on his own character - as well as being a great opportunity for another Alpha character to make their mark.
Still sensing lingering danger in the world, Rose once again unites her allies to aid in her investigation - but while Guy readily accepts, seeking to further his training, T. Hawk is otherwise occupied with the arduous task of rebuilding his homeland. However, a mysterious contact claiming to be from the military - Charlie - approaches the pair with alarming news - the impending resurrection of M. Bison.

Really leaning into this group being the Alpha team, I think this trio is an interesting one to explore. In this timeline, Charlie apparently died already, hence Guile's inclusion here - but his apparent resurrection is a somewhat shocking occurence, especially to a certain other military combatant.
The continuing investigation into the World Warrior tournaments takes a dark turn following the resurgence of Charlie, seemingly back from the dead. A deeply concerned Guile contacts Cammy and Chun-Li to engage in an off-the-books investigation... because if Charlie can come back, then that brings about another deeply terrifying possibility for who else might be able to.

Another returning team, but in the same layout as in the last game. I think this trio honestly works really well given M. Bison's role as the main overarching force of this saga - all three of them have their history with him, after all. Plus, Charlie's return raises the question of if others can come back too... and it also brings about the unique possibility for the trio to not actually have the support of the military behind them, for once.
One of the many major funders of the new World Warrior tournament is once again Shadaloo, which sends Vega and Balrog to once again take on opponents in the ring - this time, for publicity and profit. Joining them is a new ally capitalising on Sagat's defection - Adon, who seeks to claim the title of God of Muay Thai from his former master by any means necessary.

The Heavenly Kings are an obvious faction to keep around with Shadaloo being involved in the plot, but I felt Adon would be a really fun change of pace to really switch up the dynamics of this new lineup - having a brash personality to contrast against Vega and Balrog not exactly being shy either. Plus, it allows us to develop Sagat a little more, which is always neat.
Deciding to switch things up in line with the World Warrior tournament's newly popularised nature, Haggar runs a preliminary tournament within the city to determine which two fighters will join him in the ring. Despite fierce competition from all fronts, the winners are his former ally Lucia, and a former gang member seeking to turn over a new leaf, the street fighter Dean. Now allied with Metro City's finest, they're sure to put it on the map!

Team Metro City is always fun to explore, and with Final Fight 3 being the most recent title in the series, I felt Dean joining Lucia would be a lot of fun. You might be thinking, "Where's Cody?" I think he'd be a more interesting inclusion in a different title down the line, after his Alpha interpretation turns up in Alpha 3. For the time being, Lucia and Dean getting some spotlight seems like a cool idea to me!
Once again gearing up to prove their worth on the world stage, Captain Commando is joined by his alien ally Mack the Knife once more - but with Baby Head suddenly going missing under mysterious circumstances, they're joined by a new ally, the enigmatic Ginzu. Could the new World Warrior tournament have some connection to Baby Head's disappearance?

Ginzu was the only character missing from the previous Commando team, and I think having Baby Head's disappearance be a plot point allows for a decent diagetic reason beyond just "we're limited to three-person teams". Plus, I think Ginzu's interactions with Guy could be quite fun given both of them are practitioners of Bushinryu.
While Morrigan was approached with the offer of joining the new tournament, she found that her previous allies were reluctant to get too involved given the tournament's very public nature. Undeterred, she approached some new Darkstalker allies - the catgirl celebrity Felicia, and Victor, still seeking to prove he's the strongest warrior in the world. But... their increasing global popularity is drawing some unwelcome attention.

Team Night Warriors returns with a new lineup! I gathered that in response to the ongoing series' popularity, it'd make sense to shake things up a little here - Felicia and Demitri don't get on, but I think Victor's an interesting candidate to really offset the other two's personalities. And... his strength might come in handy against a certain other new team.
Troubled by the increasing profile of Darkstalkers in the world, Donovan made a reluctant pact with fellow Darkhunter Hsien-Ko to eliminate Team Night Warriors live on air in the hopes of keeping those like them underground - and after stealing Team Mad Gear's invitations, they found an ally in the ancient reprogrammed automaton Huitzil. Their time in the spotlight approaches... for better or worse.

Donovan and Hsien-Ko were a pretty big deal in the promotion for Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge as the game's new characters, and their role in hunting down Darkstalkers feels like a fun one that'd lend well to a game like this. Then, finding a pair for them was as simple as working out someone (or, something) that arguably wasn't a true Darkstalker akin to them and could come under their control - i.e., Huitzil.
Ryu
(Street Fighter)​
Ken
(Street Fighter)​
Sagat
(Street Fighter)​
Rose
(Street Fighter)​
Guy
(Final Fight)​
Charlie
(Street Fighter)​
Guile
(Street Fighter)​
Chun-Li
(Street Fighter)​
Cammy
(Street Fighter)​
Vega
(Street Fighter)​
Balrog
(Street Fighter)​
Adon
(Street Fighter)​
Haggar
(Final Fight)​
Lucia
(Final Fight)​
Dean
(Final Fight)​
Captain Commando
(Captain Commando)​
Mack the Knife
(Captain Commando)​
Ginzu the Ninja
(Captain Commando)​
Morrigan
(Darkstalkers)​
Felicia
(Darkstalkers)​
Victor
(Darkstalkers)​
Donovan
(Darkstalkers)​
Hsien-Ko
(Darkstalkers)​
Huitzil
(Darkstalkers)​

A total of 9 characters are brand new to this game, being Charlie, Adon, Dean, Ginzu, Felicia, Victor, Donovan, Hsien-Ko, and Huitzil.

The game doesn't have a mid-boss, though Team Darkhunters act as a mid-boss team of sorts. However, it becomes apparent over the course of the fight that the psychic energy brought about from the fight taking place has empowered the Psycho Power superweapon - and has weakened the boundary between life and death as a result. As such, the final boss is a newly resurrected M. Bison, brimming with Psycho Power and seeking to take back control of his empire where he left off.
The year is 1997. With the World Warrior tournament continuing to skyrocket in commercial success, a new generation of fighters springs up to usurp the old - while powerful warriors seek to maintain their place on the world stage. But, after the resurrection of the despot M. Bison weakens the boundary between life and death itself, a new and frightening force from beyond seeks to shape the world to its own ideals...
The head of the Masters Foundation, Ken, once again approaches his lifetime sparring partner Ryu to join the new World Warrior tournament, with the pair once again forming one of the contest's most iconic duos. They're once again joined by Sagat, though he is growing concerned with Ryu's relationship with the Satsui no Hado... and may have been touched by it himself, given the scar upon his chest...

It makes sense to bring this trio back as the iconic "Team Hero" of sorts, and I'd be a fool to cut any of these. Very few notes here.
Seeking to follow in her idol's footsteps, the idealistic Sakura decides to join the World Warrior tournament alongside some of her friends in combat. While Karin was otherwise occupied, she finds allies in Akira, who'd previously helped her face against a deadly threat, and Ibuki, a young ninja-in-training seeking to prove her own mettle to her village. But... surrounded by more chaos than ever, can these new faces make their mark?

So, fun fact. Back in KoF '97, SNK held a popularity contest of sorts in three magazines - Gamest, Weekly Famitsu, and Neo Geo Freak - to determine the lineup for a new team of challengers. That team would end up being Team Outlaws - Blue Mary, Ryuji Yamazaki and Billy Kane respectfully. My thought process here was to try and do something similar - hence the fan-favourite Sakura being added alongside Akira, a breakout star of the (new!) Rival Schools series. Ibuki joining them also works as promotion for Street Fighter III, though I almost had Sean in her place.
In response to M. Bison's resurrection, Rose seeks allies who can help her combat him - and contacts the now-disgraced Colonel Guile following his defection from the Air Force in 1996. Joining them is Cammy, seeking vengeance for the circumstances of her creation after learning of the Doll program... but with the trio now having defected, they're considered enemies of the state.

Combining Team Soul Searchers and Team Special Forces might seem odd at first glance, but I think it helps to really build up a little drama. Having Guile face consequences for going off the books in WW '96 feels like a natural and interesting progression of his character, and having him then joined by Cammy makes a lot of sense given her own relationship with Bison.
Following the defection of both Guile and Cammy, the governments of America and Britain grow concerned that they're being controlled by Shadaloo - and thus create a dedicated team to take them in. Led by the returning bionic commando Spencer, he chooses allies in a reluctant Chun-Li to determine how they think, and Justice, a Raian chosen for his extensive combat experience in case of a clash with the dictator himself.

Despite the combination of Team Soul Searchers and Team Special Forces, I'm keeping them both around - but for very different purposes. Chun-Li being forced to sell out her friends puts her in an interesting predicament, and I'm sure Spencer would be a popular character to return - and their ally, Justice, feels like an interesting pick to explore given his alien origins. Plus, I think some kind of dedicated program between the US and another planet to ease tensions makes sense - it's a theme I'll come back to.
Despite his apparent resurrection, M. Bison is still in an incomplete state - between living and dead, animated purely by the Psycho Power within him. Seeking to breach the demon world Makai to reclaim his soul, he casts aside the insolent Adon and calls upon Vega and Balrog to once again stand beside him - this time, imbued with a little Psycho Power to enhance their own might.

So, yeah. Makai's a big deal this time around. Given the reception to Team Bosses in KoF '96 was as positive as it was, I gathered it'd be fun to have M. Bison toss Adon aside and empower his allies - plus, the concept of him having to literally bring back his own soul to continue to live is an interesting one in my mind. I wonder how he'll respond to Sagat's defection?
Concerned about Shadaloo's revitalised presence and effect on the criminal underworld, Haggar decides that the best course of action is a united front against crime - and thus, he allies himself with the legendary Captain Commando, and hires the enigmatic assassin from a previous tournament, the Strider Hiryu. It's now or never - and with the opportunity to put both the defeat of both Belger and Bison under their belt, there's no time like the present.

So, there's no longer a dedicated team for either Final Fight or Captain Commando - but I think this makes sense. Bringing back Hiryu felt like a big deal in my mind akin to that of Spencer, and I think there's the opportunity for interesting parallels between the Captain and Haggar - considering both of their stories in their original worlds took place in Metro City. Think of this as a sort of... spiritual successor.
An operative of the Earth Defence Force, Saki, is given the unlikely task of trying to integrate non-Earth cultures and beings into Earth's society via promotion through the World Warrior tournament. She does so with the help of two allies - Mack the Knife, the blade-obsessed Comamando Companion, and Mai-Ling, a warrior from a parallel world. It seems they're not the only unearthly beings on the roster, however...

A whole new team intended as a degree of cross-promotion? You know it, baby! Saki's a popular character from 1996's Quiz Nanairo Dreams, and I felt that the decision to recontextualise Red Earth's story to have it centre on a parallel Earth could be a really fun way to integrate that world. Then, having the established alien Mack join them is just the icing on the cake. It might be an odd team, but I think it'd be fun. Also, shoutout to Saturn from Plasma Sword who almost got included - I felt a team of entirely newcomers would be a bit much, so replaced him with Mack. Sorry, Saturn fans.
In response to Makai's incursion, Donovan realises that the people he seeks to protect will be destroyed if he doesn't act - and thus seeks unlikely allies to stop that from happening. Those allies end up being another Darkhunter he loathes, B.B. Hood (albeit purely for profit), and Demitri, who seeks to further his own goals by ensuring the world's continued survival... even if reluctantly working with two allies who want him dead.

A new Team Night Warriors? It's more likely than you think! While it's a bit of an eclectic mix - notably cutting Morrigan of all characters from the fold - I think this new lineup makes sense, bringing back one of the more iconic characters from the series while still giving the Darkhunters a lasting presence.
The resurrection of M. Bison weakens the seal between life and death, and awakens the soul of a certain noble - who, still trapped within Makai, creates a team to seize the dictator's Psycho Power and achieve his own goals. This team ends up being made of the queen of the Soul Bees, Q-Bee, the demonic hero Firebrand, and a new being crafted from his hand, Lilith, sent to take the Psycho Power for themselves.

A new villainous Darkstalkers team felt fun, and - if you can't tell - yes, they're under the control of Jedah. Lilith effectively replaces Morrigan in the roster, with the explanation that in this world, Morrigan was partially destroyed in the creation of Lilith (but gets better later.) Then, Firebrand makes sense as another Makai denizen from another iconic Capcom series - Ghosts 'n Goblins - which gets its first rep through this... eclectic mix.
The powerful practitioner of the Ansatsuken assassination art, Akuma, joins the fray as a single-entry fighter! And, in something of an upset, he's joined by a more... unlikely candidate - the man-mountain wrestling icon Andore, now promoted by his friend Poison.

The KoF series has a few of these, but it had two in '97 - Iori and Shingo. I felt that filling those exact roles would be difficult, but Andore works well as a second Final Fight rep in his new wrestling-based story, while Akuma as a solo entry... yeah, it just works.
Ryu
(Street Fighter)​
Ken
(Street Fighter)​
Sagat
(Street Fighter)​
Sakura
(Street Fighter)​
Akira
(Rival Schools)​
Ibuki
(Street Fighter)​
Rose
(Street Fighter)​
Guile
(Street Fighter)​
Cammy
(Street Fighter)​
Spencer
(Bionic Commando)​
Chun-Li
(Street Fighter)​
Justice
(Armored Warriors)​
M. Bison
(Street Fighter)​
Vega
(Street Fighter)​
Balrog
(Street Fighter)​
Haggar
(Final Fight)​
Captain Commando
(Captain Commando)​
Hiryu
(Strider)​
Saki
(Quiz Nanairo Dreams)​
Mack the Knife
(Captain Commando)​
Mai-Ling
(Red Earth)​
Donovan
(Darkstalkers)​
B.B. Hood
(Darkstalkers)​
Demitri
(Darkstalkers)​
Q-Bee
(Darkstalkers)​
Firebrand
(Ghosts 'n Goblins)​
Lilith
(Darkstalkers)​
Akuma
(Street Fighter)​
Andore
(Final Fight)​

That's right, the first roster with nine teams instead of eight! And, plenty of newcomers on top of that - a total of 11, with them being Sakura, Skira, Ibuki, Justice, M. Bison, Saki, Mai-Ling, B.B. Hood, Q-Bee, Firebrand, and Lilith. In addition, there's two new bosses.

Jedah Dohma seeks to bind all of the souls in reality together, and despite Lilith regaining some of her original personality's memories, it's too late to stop his plan from being set in motion... until the appearance of M. Bison, seeking to use his Psycho Power to combat Jedah's magic and steal his soul back. The battle is immense, utterly destroying the arena in which it takes place - but, the combined forces of the various contestants are eventually responsible in battling back Jedah's force and sealing Makai in the process... but Bison's soul being back is all he needs, making his escape on a helicopter...

There is a true final boss in the form of Complete Bison, who can be fought if you clear the game without any continues - with Akuma taking down his helicopter, not wanting him to escape after his body was possessed all those years ago in 1994.
And, well... that ends the Psycho Saga. At least, canonically. See, SNK had this neat little idea of buffering sagas with Dream Matches - in-between titles that could disregard lore and forgo a story entirely in order to reuse plenty of old assets. Let's check it out!
Returning from The World Warriors '95, Ryu, Ken and Retsu!

I think this is a good team constitution, leaving both Chun-Li and Sagat open for other iconic groups they're better-placed with.
Returning from The World Warriors '97, Sakura, Akira and Ibuki!

It wouldn't make sense to leave this fan-favourite team in the cold, and they're thankfully all still relevant at this time.
Returning from The World Warriors '95, Rose, Guy and T. Hawk!

Perhaps an odd constitution for this trio, but I think this is an interesting lineup if only because T. Hawk isn't a Guile clone. (Sorry, Charlie fans.)
Returning from The World Warriors '96, Guile, Chun-Li and Cammy!

Again, this team's most iconic lineup. The WW '97 shakeup hit this and the last team hard, but the classic lineup works great here.
Returning from The World Warriors '95, Sagat, Vega and Balrog!

A similar logic to other teams here in having this trio be their most iconic form. Sagat, Vega and Balrog just work really well together.
A new team with Haggar returning from The World Warriors '97, Maki from The World Warriors '94, and Lucia from The World Warriors '96!

A new lineup, but full of returning characters. Haggar's obviously the base, but I felt the popularity of Maki and Lucia outstripped that of Carlos and Dean, plus it makes sense to bring back a Bushinryu practitioner in this teamup... and it means we have a rep from all three games in the Final Fight series!
Returning from The World Warriors '95, Rolento, El Gado and Andore!

After falling out of the spotlight, I felt bringing back the Mad Gear Gang would be an obvious choice this time around. They're a decent lineup.
Returning from The World Warriors '94, Captain Commando, Hiryu, and Proto Man!

Perhaps an odd choice in light of the Captain Commando cast's popularity, but this felt like the best way to bring back the face of that lineup, the ever-iconic Hiryu, and who I presume is a bit of a dark horse, Proto Man.
Returning from The World Warriors '95, Demitri, Morrigan and Talbain!

Again, this team's most iconic lineup. Honestly not many notes here.
A new team with Donovan and B.B. Hood returning from The World Warriors '97, and Hsien-Ko from The World Warriors '96!

Despite being a new team, I gathered this one would make sense. Replacing Huitzil with an actual Darkhunter in the form of B.B. Hood seemed like a good call, and I think this trio would be another reasonable fan-favourite amongst the cast.
Returning from The World Warriors '97, Saki, Mack and Mai-Ling!

Oddballs, perhaps - but oddballs worth keeping around. I considered replacing Mack with Justice, but I feel this team would work just fine as is.
Returning from The World Warriors '94, Momotaru, SonSon III and Ace Raratto!

Betcha didn't expect these back, huh? Despite not appearing since the first game, I felt this was a good Team American Sports analog in that sense. They might not be on the top of the list to put into these rosters, but a Dream Match is a great place to bring them back.
A total of six single-entry fighters join this tournament, each being bosses from previous games. They're Akuma, M. Bison and Jedah returning from The World Warriors '97, Pyron returning from The World Warriors '95, and Akuma and M. Bison's special forms - Psycho-Akuma and Complete Bison - returning from The World Warriors '94 and The World Warriors '97 respectively.

Not many notes here. I just felt bringing back all of the bosses would be a good call.
Ryu
(Street Fighter)​
Ken
(Street Fighter)​
Retsu
(Street Fighter)​
Sakura
(Street Fighter)​
Akira
(Rival Schools)​
Ibuki
(Street Fighter)​
Rose
(Street Fighter)​
Guy
(Street Fighter)​
T. Hawk
(Street Fighter)​
Guile
(Street Fighter)​
Chun-Li
(Street Fighter)​
Cammy
(Street Fighter)​
Sagat
(Street Fighter)​
Vega
(Street Fighter)​
Balrog
(Street Fighter)​
Haggar
(Final Fight)​
Maki
(Final Fight)​
Lucia
(Final Fight)​
Rolento
(Final Fight)​
El Gado
(Final Fight)​
Andore
(Final Fight)​
Captain Commando
(Captain Commando)​
Hiryu
(Strider)​
Proto Man
(Mega Man)​
Demitri
(Darkstalkers)​
Morrigan
(Darkstalkers)​
Talbain
(Darkstalkers)​
Donovan
(Darkstalkers)​
Hsien-Ko
(Darkstalkers)​
B.B. Hood
(Darkstalkers)​
Saki
(Quiz Nanairo Dreams)​
Mack
(Captain Commando)​
Mai-Ling
(Red Earth)​
Momotaro
(Pirate Ship Higemaru)​
SonSon III
(SonSon)​
Ace
(194X)​
Akuma
(Street Fighter)​
Psycho-Akuma
(The World Warrior)​
M. Bison
(Street Fighter)​
Complete Bison
(The World Warrior)​
Pyron
(Darkstalkers)​
Jedah
(Darkstalkers)​

Woah! Looks like we're pretty stacked at this point, with an insane total of 42 playable characters!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Weird fighting game idea that wouldn't leave my brain while I was working on a much bigger roster, made this one pretty quick.

Bandai Namco vs. Cygames
Bandai Namco
Cygames
1.Pac-man
2. Heihachi
3. Kazuya
4. Jin
5. King
6. Xiaoyu
7. Leroy
8. KOS-MOS
9. Shion Uzuki
10. Lloyd Irving
11. Yuri Lowell
12. Velvet Crowe
13. Honoka Kosaka
14. Yoshiko Tsushima
15. Haruka Amami
16. Teru Tendo
17. Char Aznable
18. Lelouch
19. Malenia
20. Guy Shishioh
21. Spike Spiegel
22. Nightmare
23. Taizo Hori
24. Valkyrie
25. Don-chan
26. Gil
27. Klonoa
28. Alisa Ilinichina Amiella
29. Kite
30. Reiji and Xiaomu
31. Mokujin
1. Gran/Djeeta & Lyria
2. Katalina
3. Belial
4. Narmaya
5. Ladiva
6. Vira
7. Lancelot
8. Ferry
9. Kumbhira
10. Meg
11. Nicholas
12. Special Week
13. Rice Shower
14. Gold Ship
15. Hishi Amazon
16. Daiwa Scarlet
17. Hiro Ryūgasaki
18. Bunny & Baron
19. Dark Angel Olivia
20. Vania
21. Jeanne D'Arc
22. Goblin Mage
23. Euden
24. Mym
25. Notte
26. Lily Hoshikawa
27. Saki Nikaido
28. Pecorine
29. Karyl
30. Kokkoro
31. Lunalu
Finally finished the bigger roster I mentioned here

So there is this big meme in certain fanbases

Love Live! Vs. THE IDOLM@STER

I wanted to make that, but it uhh quickly evolved into

IDOLW@RS an Idol Crossover Fighting game

20 Love Live Idols vs 20 Idolm@ster idols vs 10 hololive production Idols vs 10 Vocaloids vs 10 other idols from various pieces of fiction like Macross and Guilty Gear.

Even made some DLC

Last edited:
I heard that people have been reworking the MultiVersus roster, so I thought I'd do the same.

Row #1: Looney Tunes
  1. Bugs Bunny (Mage/Ranged)
  2. Daffy Duck (Assassin)
  3. Wile E. Coyote (Mage/Ranged)
  4. Lola Bunny (Bruiser)
Row #2: DC Comics
  1. Superman (Tank)
  2. Batman (Bruiser)
  3. Wonder Woman (Tank)
  4. Aquaman (Assasin)
Row #2: Hanna-Barbera
  1. Scooby-Doo (Tank)
  2. Fred Flintstone (Bruiser)
  3. **** Dastardly (Mage/Ranged)
  4. Tom and Jerry (Mage/Ranged)
Row #3: Cartoon Network
  1. Dexter (Assassin)
  2. Finn the Human (Assassin)
  3. Garnet (Tank)
  4. Rick Sanchez (Mage/Ranged)
Row #4: WB Family Entertainment
  1. Gizmo (Mage/Ranged)
  2. Wicked Witch of the West (Assassin)
  3. The Iron Giant (Tank)
  4. Beetlejuice (Mage/Ranged)
Row #5: Double-Dipping
  1. The Joker (Mage/Ranged)
  2. Steven Universe (Tank)
  3. Shaggy (Bruiser)
  4. Willy Wonka (Bruiser)
Row #6: WB Interactive
  1. Scorpion (Assasin)
  2. Sub-Zero (Assasin)
  3. Jouster (Tank)
  4. Maxwell (Mage/Ranged)
Row #7: Assorted
  1. Danerys Targaren (Mage/Ranged)
  2. Jason Vorhees (Tank)
  3. Reindog (Mage/Ranged)
  4. RANDOM SELECTION
Unfortunately, a slew of characters would be cut. Best of wishes to Taz, Marvin the Martian, Jake the Dog, Harley Quinn, Stripe, Arya Stark, Morty, LeBron, and even Banana Guard. I'm sure some of you would be added sooner or later.

If there are any points of confusion, let me back them up:
  • Rick Sanchez is classified as a Cartoon Network character because Adult Swim started as a block on CN before becoming its own separate thing.
  • Only five DC Comics characters, with only Batman getting a second character, is to trim the fat. This is a WB crossover, not Injustice 3 or Punch Time Explosion 2.
  • Willy Wonka counts as a double dipper because he corners the same niche as Wicked Witch or Iron Giant, technically speaking.
  • I tried to even out the four surviving classes in the game, but I will plead guilty if there's more of one class over another. Yes, this does include Mage/Ranged.
I hope people enjoy it.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
MVS Kof Style

Team Justice
Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman

Team Looney
Bugs
Daffy
Taz

Team Mystery
Shaggy
Velma
Scooby

Team Ooo
Finn
Jake
Marcaline

Team Gem
Steven
Garnet
Lapis

Team Cosmic
Rick
Iron Giant
Marvin

Team Chaos
Joker
Beetlejuice
Stripe

Team CN
PPG
Johnny Bravo
Samurai Jack

Team Westeros
Jon Snow
Arya Stark
Daenerys

Team Fem Fatales
Harley Quinn
Furiosa
Trinity

Team Warner Classics
Tom & Jerry
Wicked Witch
Willy Wonka

Single Unit
Reindog

Notes
  • Marvin has somehow got a hold of the Iron Gaint. Rick joins to keep an eye on this and look for Morty.
  • Joker and Stripe team up to cause chaos but plan on backstabbing each other as soon as possible. Beetlejucie is just there for the fun.
  • PPG and Jack are together because we could play into the theories about professor Utomim and Jack being related. Johnny and Jack are together because of the landry day ad.
  • Harley forms her own Birds of Prey. Trinity is looking for Neo. Furoisa would be the fury road version.
  • I dunno why team Classics forms

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
MVS Kof Style

Team Justice
Superman
Wonder Woman
Batman

Team Looney
Bugs
Daffy
Taz

Team Mystery
Shaggy
Velma
Scooby

Team Ooo
Finn
Jake
Marcaline

Team Gem
Steven
Garnet
Lapis

Team Cosmic
Rick
Iron Giant
Marvin

Team Chaos
Joker
Beetlejuice
Stripe

Team CN
PPG
Johnny Bravo
Samurai Jack

Team Westeros
Jon Snow
Arya Stark
Daenerys

Team Fem Fatales
Harley Quinn
Furiosa
Trinity

Team Warner Classics
Tom & Jerry
Wicked Witch
Captain Planet

Single Unit
Reindog

Notes
  • Marvin has somehow got a hold of the Iron Gaint. Rick joins to keep an eye on this and look for Morty.
  • Joker and Stripe team up to cause chaos but plan on backstabbing each other as soon as possible. Beetlejucie is just there for the fun.
  • PPG and Jack are together because we could play into the theories about professor Utomim and Jack being related. Johnny and Jack are together because of the landry day ad.
  • Harley forms her own Birds of Prey. Trinity is looking for Neo. Furoisa would be the fury road version.
  • I dunno why team Classics forms
If it helps, Tom and Jerry appear in animated versions of Wonka and Oz.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
that's it i'm doing a roster for Disney Animated TV Series hope I haven't done this already

1. Darkwing Duck
  2. Megawatt (darkwing duck)
  3. Scrooge McDuck (ducktales)
  4. Launchpad (ducktales)
  5. Magica DeSpell (ducktales)
  6. Chip (rescue rangers)
  7. Dale (rescue rangers)
  8. Kim Possible
  9. Ron Stoppable (kim possible)
  10. Shego (kim possible)
  11. Goliath (gargoyles)
  12. Elisa Maza (gargoyles)
  13. Luz Noceda (the owl house)
  14. Eda Clawthorne (the owl house)
  15. Amity Blight (the owl house)
  16. Dipper Pines (gravity falls)
  17. Mabel Pines (gravity falls)
  18. TJ Detweiler (recess)
  19. Pepper Ann
  20. Lloyd (lloyd in space)
  21. Jake Long
  22. Randy Cunningham
  23. Baloo (talespin)
  24. Bonkers
  25. Doug

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
You know those in-universe racing team sponsors in 8 Deluxe? I decided to make a Mario Kart roster based around those in-universe racing teams.
my-image (5).png

Mario Super Motor TeamLuigi GustersLord BowserCourt of Princess PeachDonkey Kong QuistadorsToad TitansWario BillionairesYoshi Runners
Mario
(Standard 8)​
Luigi
(Standard M)​
Bowser
(Muscle Car)​
Peach
(Mach Bike)​
Donkey Kong
(Barrel Train)​
Toad
(Mushmellow)​
Wario
(Wario Bike)​
Yoshi
(Egg 1)​
Goomba
(Galoomba Kart)​
E. Gadd
(Poltergust G-00)​
Bowser Jr.
(Koopa Clown Car)​
Daisy
(Bloom Coach)​
Diddy Kong
(Banana Master)​
Toadette
(Birthday Girl)​
Waluigi
(Badwagon)​
Poochy
(Soda Jet)​
Koopa Troopa
(Koopa Troopa Car)​
King Boo
(Boo Pipes)​
Dry Bones
(Dry Bomber)​
Rosalina
(Shooting Star)​
Dixie Kong
(Rambi Rider)​
Toadsworth
(Parade Kart)​
Nabbit
(Mechakoopa Bike)​
Stork
(Goo-Goo Buggy)​
Cappy
(Top Hat Kart)​
Hellen Gravely
(Ghost Ride)​
Hammer Bro
(Para-Wing)​
Pauline
(Rose Taxi)​
Cranky Kong
(Clackety Kart)​
Wiggler
(Wild Wiggler)​
Chargin' Chuck
(Chain Chomp Chariot)​
Kamek
(Magikruiser)​
Metal Mario
(Iron Cucumber)​
Polterpup
(Pumpkin Kart)​
King Bob-omb
(Bullet Blaster)​
Birdo
(Turbo Birdo)​
Funky Kong
(Funky Flyer)​
Shy Guy
(Standard SG)​
Mona
(Mona Scooter)​
Baby Mario
(Red Kiddie Kart)​
Mii
(Pipe Frame)​
Polterkitty
(Cat Cruiser)​
Petey Piranha
(Piranha Pipes)​
5-Volt
(Happy Ride)​
Donkey Kong Jr.
(8-Bit Pipe Frame)​
Monty Mole
(Yeehaw Wagon)​
Ashley
(Zoom Broom)​
Baby Luigi
(Green Kiddie Kart)​

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Here’s your Marvel VS CAPCOM 4 :)

1. Akuma (Street Fighter) / Wolverine (X-Men)
  2. Godzilla / Predator
  3. Optimus Prime (Transformers) / Snake Eyes (GI Joe)
  4. The Kool-Aid Man / the Noid (Domino’s Pizza)
  5. Master Chief (Halo) / Link (Legend of Zelda)
  6. Captain Planet / the Red Ranger (Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers)
  7. Kamen Rider / Cyborg 009
  8. Tenderheart Bear (CareBears) / Papa Smurf (The Smurfs)
  9. Hank Hill (King of the Hill) / Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)
  10. The Toxic Avenger / Cole MacGrath (inFamous)
  11. Red Sonja / Moriah the Thief (Dungeons & Dragons)
  12. Darth Vader (Star Wars) / Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
  13. Anita Blake / Dio Brando (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
  14. Marshal Law / Spawn
  15. Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy) / Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
  16. Beavis & Butthead / Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
  17. Barbie / Hello Kitty
  18. Indiana Jones / Professor Layton
  19. The Men in Black / Yor Forger (Spy X Family)
  20. The Doctor (Doctor Who) / Saber (Fate)
  21. ALF / Cat (Battle Cats)
  22. ROM the Space Knight / Tekkaman Blade
  23. NFL SuperPro / Skullomania (Street Fighter EX)
  24. Chaim Witz (KISS) / Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
  25. Dust Brain (Mad Balls) / Sonic the Hedgehog
  26. Dr. Doofenshmirtz (Phineas & Ferb) / Wreck-It Ralph
  27. Jessie Prescott (Jessie) / Barack Obama (The USA)
  28. Superman (DC Comics) / Mickey Mouse (Disney)

DLC
  1. The Genie (Aladdin) / Shantae
  2. Dr. Zaius (Planet of the Apes) / Hannah Dundee (Cadillacs & Dinosaurs)
  3. Meteor Man / Solar Boy Django (Boktai)
  4. Darkman / Darkwing Duck
  5. Ash J. Williams (Evil Dead) / Lewis (Left 4 Dead)
  6. Captain Kirk (Star Trek) / Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
  7. Baron Karza (Micronauts) / Etna (Disgaea)
  8. Chef Boyardee / Red Bull

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
My laptop has finally been repaired meaning I can post this, so here's the visual I made for an SNK villains roster

1. Geese Howard (Fatal Fury)
2. Billy Kane (Fatal Fury)
3. Ryuji Yamazaki (Fatal Fury)
4. Wolfgang Krauser (Fatal Fury)
5. Mr. Big (Art of Fighting)
6. Sinclair (Art of Fighting)
7. Neo Dio (World Heroes)
8. Beetle Master (King of the Monsters)
9. Genjuro Kibagami (Samurai Shodown)
10. Shiro Amakusa (Samurai Shodown)
11. Choi Bounge (The King of Fighters)
12. Rugal Bernstein (The King of Fighters)
13. Shermie (The King of Fighters)
14. Orochi Iori (The King of Fighters)
15. Krizalid (The King of Fighters)
16. King Leo (Savage Reign)
17. Mars People (Metal Slug)
18. Silber (Bukiri One)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
that's it i'm doing a roster for Disney Animated TV Series hope I haven't done this already

1. Darkwing Duck
  2. Megawatt (darkwing duck)
  3. Scrooge McDuck (ducktales)
  4. Launchpad (ducktales)
  5. Magica DeSpell (ducktales)
  6. Chip (rescue rangers)
  7. Dale (rescue rangers)
  8. Kim Possible
  9. Ron Stoppable (kim possible)
  10. Shego (kim possible)
  11. Goliath (gargoyles)
  12. Elisa Maza (gargoyles)
  13. Luz Noceda (the owl house)
  14. Eda Clawthorne (the owl house)
  15. Amity Blight (the owl house)
  16. Dipper Pines (gravity falls)
  17. Mabel Pines (gravity falls)
  18. TJ Detweiler (recess)
  19. Pepper Ann
  20. Lloyd (lloyd in space)
  21. Jake Long
  22. Randy Cunningham
  23. Baloo (talespin)
  24. Bonkers
  25. Doug
Nice nice, I did one myself a while back though I may have went overboard with mine

Ducktales (2017)
-Scrooge McDuck
-Webby
-Launchpad McQuack
-Gizmoduck
-Magica DeSpell

Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers
-Gadget

Darkwing Duck
-Darkwing Duck
-Gosalyn
-Megavolt

Goof Troop
-Max Goof

Talespin
-Kit Cloudkicker

Gargoyles
-Goliath
-Demona

The Proud Family
-Suga Mama

Recess
-Spinelli

Kim Possible
-Kim Possible
-Shego

Fillmore
-Fillmore

Dave the Barbarian
-Dave the Barbarian

American Dragon: Jake Long
-Jake Long

The Replacements
-**** Daring

Phineas and Ferb
-Agent P
-Doctor Doofenshmirtz

Gravity Falls
-Dipper and Mabel
-Grunkle Stan
-Bill Cipher
-Rumble McSkirmish

Wander Over Yander
-Wander and Sylvia
-Lord Dominator

Star Vs. The Forces of Evil
-Star Butterfly
-Marco Diaz

Amphibia
-Anne & Sprig
-Sasha
-Grime
-King Andrias

Big City Greens
-Cricket

The Owl House
-Luz
-Amity
-Eda & King
-Hunter

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
A sequel to my "Smash based on the best selling Nintendo console games" roster with PlayStation. Somehow it's ten times more cursed.

PS1
  1. Gran Turismo - Mitsubishi FTO
  2. Final Fantasy VII - Cloud
  3. Gran Turismo 2 - Vector M12
  4. Final Fantasy VIII - Squall
  5. Tekken 3 - Jin
PS2
  1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - CJ
  2. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - Lamborghini Diablo
  3. Gran Turismo 4 - Toyota Prius
  4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Tommy
  5. Final Fantasy X - Tidus
PSP
  1. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories - Tony
  2. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - Monster Hunter
  3. Gran Turismo - Mercedez-Benz SLR McLaren
  4. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories - Vic
  5. Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters - Ratchet & Clank
PS3
  1. Grand Theft Auto V - Michael
  2. Gran Turismo 5 - Lexus LFA
  3. The Last of Us - Ellie
  4. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception - Nathan
  5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Chloe
PS4
  1. Marvel’s Spider-Man - Spider-Man
  2. Grand Theft Auto V - Franklin
  3. God of War - Kratos
  4. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End - Sam
  5. Gran Turismo Sport - Lotus Evora
PS5
  1. Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 - Venom
  2. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Rivet
  3. Elden Ring - Tarnished
  4. Final Fantasy XVI - Clive
  5. Demon’s Souls - Slayer of Demons

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
A sequel to my "Smash based on the best selling Nintendo console games" roster with PlayStation. Somehow it's ten times more cursed.

PS1
  5. Tekken 3 - Jin
PS2
PSP
PS3
PS4
  3. God of War - Kratos
PS5
how the hell 7 cars will fight?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

PS1
  5. Tekken 3 - Jin
PS2
PSP
PS3
PS4
  3. God of War - Kratos
PS5
Kachow.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team

PS1
  5. Tekken 3 - Jin
PS2
PSP
PS3
PS4
  3. God of War - Kratos
PS5
Something about the way Sam looks on this roster is uncanny and hilarious

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
Something about the way Sam looks on this roster is uncanny and hilarious
Sometimes I blow out the images a bit when making rosters like these by accident and make characters look weird lol

Actually one time I made a visual for a one piece roster and accidentally did that to a character and now me and my sister have an inside joke where we send this image to each other a lot

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure if this is official or not (I haven't seen any press releases or anything from IDW, so it could be fan-made, but maybe it was intended to be a San Diego Comic-Con reveal since that's in less than a week), but it gave me an idea for a roster. (I'll put it in spoiler tags to be on the safe side)

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES VS. NARUTO​

Leonardo
Donatello
Raphael
Michelangelo
Rock Lee
Sakura
Sasuke
Naruto
Splinter
April O'Neil
Casey Jones
Usagi Yojimbo
Tsunade
Jiraiya
Hinata
Kakashi
Karai
Rocksteady
Krang
Shredder
Orochimaru
Itachi
Kisame
Gaara

As the artwork in question shows pre-time-skip Naruto, I'm sticking with pre-time-skip Naruto here.

The TMNT choices seemed pretty straightforward (the Shredder's Revenge playable cast plus Shredder, Krang, and Rocksteady (Bebop could be summoned as part of Rocksteady's special moves), though admittedly for Naruto, some bias was involved in the selection. (I really like Lee and Hinata and wish that they got more focus, so I felt obligated to include them in here)

I wanted to have a similar amount of villains compared to the TMNT side; Orochimaru had to be in there, and while Akatsuki didn't have the presence pre-time-skip that it did in the post-time-skip era, I went with Itachi and Kisame. (my other option was Zabuza, but I figure Kisame's more visually interesting and has a more interesting power set)

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Here’s your Marvel VS CAPCOM 4 :)

1. Akuma (Street Fighter) / Wolverine (X-Men)
  2. Godzilla / Predator
  3. Optimus Prime (Transformers) / Snake Eyes (GI Joe)
  4. The Kool-Aid Man / the Noid (Domino’s Pizza)
  5. Master Chief (Halo) / Link (Legend of Zelda)
  6. Captain Planet / the Red Ranger (Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers)
  7. Kamen Rider / Cyborg 009
  8. Tenderheart Bear (CareBears) / Papa Smurf (The Smurfs)
  9. Hank Hill (King of the Hill) / Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)
  10. The Toxic Avenger / Cole MacGrath (inFamous)
  11. Red Sonja / Moriah the Thief (Dungeons & Dragons)
  12. Darth Vader (Star Wars) / Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
  13. Anita Blake / Dio Brando (JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)
  14. Marshal Law / Spawn
  15. Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy) / Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
  16. Beavis & Butthead / Peter Griffin (Family Guy)
  17. Barbie / Hello Kitty
  18. Indiana Jones / Professor Layton
  19. The Men in Black / Yor Forger (Spy X Family)
  20. The Doctor (Doctor Who) / Saber (Fate)
  21. ALF / Cat (Battle Cats)
  22. ROM the Space Knight / Tekkaman Blade
  23. NFL SuperPro / Skullomania (Street Fighter EX)
  24. Chaim Witz (KISS) / Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
  25. Dust Brain (Mad Balls) / Sonic the Hedgehog
  26. Dr. Doofenshmirtz (Phineas & Ferb) / Wreck-It Ralph
  27. Jessie Prescott (Jessie) / Barack Obama (The USA)
  28. Superman (DC Comics) / Mickey Mouse (Disney)

DLC
  1. The Genie (Aladdin) / Shantae
  2. Dr. Zaius (Planet of the Apes) / Hannah Dundee (Cadillacs & Dinosaurs)
  3. Meteor Man / Solar Boy Django (Boktai)
  4. Darkman / Darkwing Duck
  5. Ash J. Williams (Evil Dead) / Lewis (Left 4 Dead)
  6. Captain Kirk (Star Trek) / Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
  7. Baron Karza (Micronauts) / Etna (Disgaea)
  8. Chef Boyardee / Red Bull
I know Scrooge McDuck and Jack Skellington aren't here for being too obvious picks.
But the lack of Heavy Metal representation it's a little intriguing (Capcom did Geomatrix)

AlRex

Smash Lord
I know Scrooge McDuck and Jack Skellington aren't here for being too obvious picks.
But the lack of Heavy Metal representation it's a little intriguing (Capcom did Geomatrix)
I think I did no Scrooge because of Mickey. Jack maybe also because of other Disney characters/potential rivals being taken by others, but I’m unsure. Heavy Metal game had original characters for it, similar to Lyn from Alien VS Predator, IIRC.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion

PS1
  5. Tekken 3 - Jin
PS2
PSP
PS3
PS4
  3. God of War - Kratos
PS5
You forgot the PS Vita

FazDude

Smash Master
Sorry for the lack of a super-fancy background on this one, but here's a "one character per year" roster.

Tried going for a COGH-lite approach, so a lot of these picks are fairly self-explanatory, but I wanna talk about some special ones.
  • 1989's slot goes to Minesweeper - specifically the Windows version as Minesweeper history is a bit messy. I'd make them a semi-composite of Windows built-in games, kinda like Duck Hunt.
  • The 1992 Mortal Kombat slot originally went to Sub-Zero, but it didn't really feel right having one of the series' iconic ninjas without the other, so I went the antagonist-over-protagonist route.
  • Honestly, I could have done Pikachu for Pokemon's 1996 slot, but I wanted to try another important Gen 1 'mon for variety and to better encapsulate the "origins" of the franchise.
  • Ghost, despite debuting in COD Modern Warfare 2, is chosen to represent COD as a whole, which debuted in 2003. plus freeing up 2009 let me add red
  • i actually held a discord poll on a server to decide who got the 2014 slot between shovel knight and freddy fazbear lmao
  • Vault Boy and Sora were put in for the release years of Fallout 4 and KH3 respectively rather than their debuts, as they were pretty big releases in their franchises for differnet reasons.
  • I know what it looks like, but Annalynn was picked mainly because I had zero clue what to do with 2021 from a COGH perspective. It wasn't too crazy of a year for new IPs.
    • also learned doing this that annalynn got on the 2021 in video games page on wikipedia. we did it reddit
  • Similar case for Peppino; Baldur's Gate 3 got close to taking the 2023 slot, but then I learned it's technically based on D&D, which didn't fit super well with my "no licensed stuff" mindset.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Super Smash Bros Roster in 160 Characters (but in my may,is more or less Smash umbrella roster)

1. Mario (Super Mario Bros.)
2. Luigi (Super Mario Bros.)
3. Peach (Super Mario Bros.)
4. Toad (Super Mario Bros.)
5. Daisy (Super Mario Bros.)
6. Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario Bros.)
7. Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)
8. Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Bros.)
9. King Boo (Super Mario Bros.)
10. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
11. Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
12. Yoshi (Super Mario Bros./Yoshi)
13. Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
14. Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
15. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
16. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
17. Wario (Wario)
18. Waluigi (Super Mario Bros./Wario)
19. Ashley (Wario)
20. Link (The Legend of Zelda)
21. Zelda (The Legend of Zelda)
22. Sheik (The Legend of Zelda)
23. Impa (The Legend of Zelda)
24. Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda)
25. Toon Link (The Legend of Zelda)
26. Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
27. Samus (Metroid)
28. Zero Suit Samus (Matroid)
29. Dark Samus (Metroid0
30. Ridley (Metroid)
31. Raven's Beak (Metroid)
32. Pit (Kid Icarus)
33. Palutena (Kid Icarus)
34. Dark Pit (Kid Icarus)
35. Viridi (Kid Icarus)
36. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
37. Kirby (Kirby's Dream Land)
38. Meta Knight (Kirby's Dream Land)
39. King Dedede (Kirby's Dream Land)
40. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby's Dream Land)
41. Adeline & Ribbon (Kirby's Dream Land)
42. Magolor (Kirby's Dream Land)
43. Susie (Kirby's Dream Land)
44. Dark Matter (Kirby's Dream Land)
45, Fox (Star Fox)
56. Falco (Star Fox)
57. Krystal (Star Fox)
58. Wolf (Star Fox)
59. Marth (Fire Emblem)
60. Roy (Fire Emblem)
61. Lyn (Fire Emblem)
62. Ike (Fire Embelm)
63. Lucina (Fire Emblem)
64. Robin (Fire Emblem)
65. Corrin (Fire Emblem)
66. Byleth (Fire Emblem)
67. Alear (Fire Emblem)
68. Pikachu (Pokémon)
69. Jigglypuff (Pokémon)
70. Mewtwo (Pokémon)
71. Red (Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizerd) (Pokémon)
72. Lucario (Pokémon)
73. Greninja (Pokémon)
74. Incineroar (Pokémon)
75. Tinkaton (Pokémon)
76. Grovyle & Celebi (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon)
77. Ness (EarthBound)
78. Lucas (EarthBound)
79. Porky (EarthBound)
80. Villager (Animal Crossing)
81. Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
82. Shulk (Xenoblade)
83. Rex (Xenoblade)
84. Noah & Mio (Xenoblade)
85. Inkling (Splatoon)
86. Octoling (Splatoon)
87. DJ Octavio (Splatoon)
88. Min Min (ARMS)
89. Dr. Coyle (ARMS)
90. Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
91. Little Mac (Punch-Out)
92. Isaac (Golden Sun)
93. Olimar (Pikmin)
94. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)
95. Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit0
96. Yuka (Rythmn Haven)
97. Sami (Advance Wars)
98. Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
99. Mr. Game & Watch (Game & Watch)
100. Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
101. R.O.B. (Stack-Up/Gyromite)
102. Duck Hunt Duo (Duck Hunt)
103. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
104. Mike Jones (StarTroppics)
105. Sonic (Sonic The Hedgehog)
106. Tails (Sonic The Hedgehog)
107. Dr. Eggman (Sonic The Hedgehog)
108. Arle (Puyo Puyo)
109. Joker (Persona 5)
110. Bayonetta (Bayonetta)
111. Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)
112. Mega Man (Mega Man)
113. Zero (Mega Man X)
114. Ryu (Street Fighter)
115. Ken (Street Fighter)
116. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
117. Dante (Devil May Cry)
118. Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
119. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
120. Leon (Resident Evil)
121. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
122. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
123. Kazuya (Tekken)
124. Lloyd (Tales of)
125. Klonoa (Klonoa)
126. Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
127. Simon (Castlevania)
128. Soma (Castlevania)
129. Bomberman (Bomberman)
130. Snake (Metal Gear)
131. Raiden (Metal Gear)
132. Cloud (Final Fantasy)
133. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy)
134. Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
135. Hero (Dragon Quest)
136. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
137. 2B (Nier Automata)
138. Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
139. Steve (Minecraft)
140. Master Chief (Halo)
141. Doom Slayer (Doom)
142. Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
143. Spyro (Spyro The Dragon)
134. Tracer (Overwatch)
135. Litch King (Warcraft)
146. Terry (Fatal Fury)
147. Marco (Metal Slug)
148. Nakoruru (Samurai Showdown)
149. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
150. Rayman (Rayman)
151. Sol (Guilty Gear)
142. Travis (No More Heroes)
143. Heavy (Team Fortress)
144. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
145. Ahri (League of Legends)
146. Jonesy (Fortnite)
147. Etna (Disgaea)
148. Monokuma (Dananronpa)
149. Kratos (God of War)
150. Red (Angry Birds)
151. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
152. Shantae (Shantae)
153. Sans & Papyrus (Undertale)
154. Cuphead (Cuphead)
155. The Knight (Hollow Knight)
156. Zagreus (Hades)
157. Reimu (Touhou Project)
158. CommanderVideo (Bit.Trip)
159. Springtrap (Five Nights at Freddy's)
160. Fancy Pants (Fancy Pants Adventures)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Sorry for the lack of a super-fancy background on this one, but here's a "one character per year" roster.

Tried going for a COGH-lite approach, so a lot of these picks are fairly self-explanatory, but I wanna talk about some special ones.
  • 1989's slot goes to Minesweeper - specifically the Windows version as Minesweeper history is a bit messy. I'd make them a semi-composite of Windows built-in games, kinda like Duck Hunt.
  • The 1992 Mortal Kombat slot originally went to Sub-Zero, but it didn't really feel right having one of the series' iconic ninjas without the other, so I went the antagonist-over-protagonist route.
  • Honestly, I could have done Pikachu for Pokemon's 1996 slot, but I wanted to try another important Gen 1 'mon for variety and to better encapsulate the "origins" of the franchise.
  • Ghost, despite debuting in COD Modern Warfare 2, is chosen to represent COD as a whole, which debuted in 2003. plus freeing up 2009 let me add red
  • i actually held a discord poll on a server to decide who got the 2014 slot between shovel knight and freddy fazbear lmao
  • Vault Boy and Sora were put in for the release years of Fallout 4 and KH3 respectively rather than their debuts, as they were pretty big releases in their franchises for differnet reasons.
  • I know what it looks like, but Annalynn was picked mainly because I had zero clue what to do with 2021 from a COGH perspective. It wasn't too crazy of a year for new IPs.
    • also learned doing this that annalynn got on the 2021 in video games page on wikipedia. we did it reddit
  • Similar case for Peppino; Baldur's Gate 3 got close to taking the 2023 slot, but then I learned it's technically based on D&D, which didn't fit super well with my "no licensed stuff" mindset.
Kat in the roster?, BASED

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team

this has given me the awful idea to do this but with months instead of just years

Top Bottom