• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB 2: Gboro NC, Melee/Brawl(July 25th-26th) M2K CONFIRMED!!! *NEW VENUE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Yayyyy Melee is on Saturday! That makes me really happy =D

I MIIIIGHT be able to go to this. If anything I'd have to arrive Friday night somewhere and then...leave Saturday night >_> or Sunday morning maybe...all depends on my work situation at that point [I manage my aunt/uncle's business, but if they're brought up to speed and can handle **** without me, then staying til Sunday won't be a problem, I just can't stay for a long time]

BUT at the same time...I want nothing more, right now, than to be able to go to this:
http://www.str08hiphop.com/

[no, I'm not kidding...I ****ing LOVE America's Best Dance Crew...I would go crazy if I could see this!]

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Kack, if you can give me a ride, I am willing to buy a room hotel in which we can both chill in and you can pay me half of it whenever you can.

rhan

Smash Hero
Whoa really?
All of you?
Awesome!
We should drive together! :]
Maybe. It's legal if you ride with one of us since you're over 18. My car's going to have Shaeman and maybe my bro if he wants to come. If Crystalnite comfirms that he'll come, he'd probably drive himself and Pitzer if his parents let him out the house. KP is the odd person out.

Either way I'm cool with picking you up.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Kack, if you can give me a ride, I am willing to buy a room hotel in which we can both chill in and you can pay me half of it whenever you can.
If your serious about that, I'd have to ask my dad, I'm sure we can give you a ride regardless though.

BEHR

Smash Hero
I copied this from the SC Biweekly thread because I didn't feel like typing it over again. I just think I should let my delima be known:

You guys are going to HERB right? I'm asking because I'm trying my best to go but my parents are kinda in the way. Firstly there are expenses. If I do go, my dad said you guys could ride with us, I have a van that confortably seats 6 people (7 max) and has a tv that we could play on for the ride. But that also means splitting gas.
2nd Is Hotel room (the only thing that I can't pay for, I have money for everything else) There is no way I can get an extra 40-50 dollars to pay for a hotel room, and for some reason my dad isn't willing to split with me, something about responsibility or whatnot. And housing is a very unlikely thing with him. He said there is no way he is sleeping over someones house he doesn't know. But also, he won't let me split a hotel room with you guys. I'm trying to win him over but he is stubborn. EDITED: He is trying to make everything uneccissarily more expensive. I'm trying my best to make it.
ill house you.

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Maybe. It's legal if you ride with one of us since you're over 18. My car's going to have Shaeman and maybe my bro is he wants to come. If Crystalnite comfirms that he'll come he'll probably drive himself and Pitzer if his parents let him out the house. KP is the odd person out.

Either way I'm cool with picking you up.
Ill keep my options open.
Cause I dont know who is coming with me.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
ill house you.
I know, but still he is making it seem badder/worse than it has to be. He even went as far as to assume that there are people who play Smash to get little children. I understand that he is worried for my safety, but that might be just a bit overboard :p I would love for you to house me but my dad is against the idea. I'm still trying to win him over though. Firstly, What's your name? It'd make a more convincing argument if I didn't have to refer to you as BEHR Lol <3? Second, your 14 right? 3rd, My dad said there is no way he is leaving me by myself over in Greensboro, so would you be able to house my father as well?

BEHR

Smash Hero
I know, but still he is making it seem badder/worse than it has to be. He even went as far as to assume that there are people who play Smash to get little children. I understand that he is worried for my safety, but that might be just a bit overboard :p I would love for you to house me but my dad is against the idea. I'm still trying to win him over though. Firstly, What's your name? It'd make a more convincing argument if I didn't have to refer to you as BEHR Lol <3? Second, your 14 right? 3rd, My dad said there is no way he is leaving me by myself over in Greensboro, so would you be able to house my father as well?
lol not sure about your dad.

My name is Eric Ferman but most people call me Eddie.

I dont mind meeting with your father to see if he trusts me.

Edit- i recently turn 15.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
lol not sure about your dad.

My name is Eric Ferman but most people call me Eddie.

I dont mind meeting with your father to see if he trusts me.

Edit- i recently turn 15.
Yeah, my dad is gonna have to stay with me, that's one thing his mind is set in stone about. Even though your a TO and all.

rhan

Smash Hero
Even though it'll cost you a good chunk of change, it's the ideal thing to do to ensure your safety.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Thats the thing. I thought Kackamee said that his dad doesn't want to share the cost of the room, so he will have to save all the money up by himself. $50 is a lot for a 13 year old. =/

rhan

Smash Hero
If I was him I would just come for 1 of the days. The room cost is something I'd rather avoid and Dad doesn't trust others. Obviously there aren't many other options unless he can conjure up 50 bucks out of nowhere.... Better pick the day you'd think you have more fun at. :/

Vilt

Smash Lord
She is bro. She is. xD

Well not true. Behr's mom can override his dad sometimes.

@ kackamee And you could get the $40 room. Mow some lawns. xD

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Thats the thing. I thought Kackamee said that his dad doesn't want to share the cost of the room, so he will have to save all the money up by himself. $50 is a lot for a 13 year old. =/
It really is. D:

If I was him I would just come for 1 of the days. The room cost is something I'd rather avoid and Dad doesn't trust others. Obviously there aren't many other options unless he can conjure up 50 bucks out of nowhere.... Better pick the day you'd think you have more fun at. :/
I know, I mostly wanna do brawl, but I haven't played Melee in forever so I really wanna do that one too.

It sucks that you're dad's like that.

Ask you're Mom. :)

or is my mom the only bro in NC?
My mom doesn't even like me playing Smash. She thinks it's a waste of time. (Even though all she does is Work>Eat>Sleep)

She is bro. She is. xD

Well not true. Behr's mom can override his dad sometimes.

@ kackamee And you could get the $40 room. Mow some lawns. xD
I could go out and buy myself a game that I'll definetly use longer than a hotel room for a night >.> But good news, I'm pretty sure I'm going. My dad is giving me hints about paying for the whole hotel room by himself. Truthfully I'd still rather stay at BEHR's and not waste money but he asked me "All money asside, why do you want to go so bad" I said to have fun, and I think now he is gonna pay the whole room :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Good point. xD

Kackamee, if you end up comming, you don't want to use ICs against me. :)

Care to $5 MM about it?

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice
Malco, would you be going for Saturday AND Sunday? Would you mind leaving here Friday night and then leaving NC Saturday night or early Sunday morning?

Lemme know...I may ride with you :)
Im not staying for brawl so Ill be there that friday and saturday. Well now if I do drive then yeah I can take you I was only planning on taking Jwolf maybe and my gf.

So yes I got you unless something comes up.

Will there be any festivities on that friday?

rhan

Smash Hero
My bro is 13 and 5 months. What youngin' whats to MM him for the youngest/most adorable title? I'll put the money up for him. :3 This is Melee of course.

Edit: I can't believe I missed Toasty's post. I could possibly take you. I plan on going up Saturday morning possibly get housing from someone or take a slpit on the hotel room. Then leave Sunday morning.

Only thing is are to down with me driving and possibly no AC? :(

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's funny, cause I saw a car with HERB in its license plate the other day too.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'm sorry but I giggled so hard at that. XD

Can I sig this, please?
Lol sure, go ahead.

My bro is 13 and 5 months. What youngin' whats to MM him for the youngest/most adorable title? I'll put the money up for him. :3 This is Melee of course.

Edit: I can't believe I missed Toasty's post. I could possibly take you. I plan on going up Saturday morning possibly get housing from someone or take a slpit on the hotel room. Then leave Sunday morning.

Only thing is are to down with me driving and possibly no AC? :(
I'm 13 as of last month, April 19th. O.o Melee hm? I haven't played it in a while so I'll have to practice alittle bit to get my mojo back. But sure I'm up for it.
k, I'll $5 MM you're ICs.

Better get out that sexy tent.
Just to be sure, it's Brawl right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom