• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Havoc in the Hammer Aug 15, Hamilton, Ontario Results

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
I really want to pick up Falco, his style is astounding, him or jiggs cause' it takes less tech skill, and at the current level of professional melee, I think it'd be best to choose a character with less tech skill.

unknown522

Some guy
I really want to pick up Falco, his style is astounding, him or jiggs cause' it takes less tech skill, and at the current level of professional melee, I think it'd be best to choose a character with less tech skill.
They're both good choices. Practice SHL for 5 mins. It will help a lot.

if only i lived in ontario, ty tho whenever u can
np.

SolDarkness

Smash Cadet
If you used marth, then yeah, I was fox.

lol, must've been a different asian guy. My bad.

BTW, where in markham do you live? I may be able to drop by, or you can come out to practice.
16th and Warden area, and yea I'd love to come out to practice sumtime. Haha sry for now I cant host smashfests or anything cause my parents have a thing w/ random ppl they've never seen come to our house. I would like to come out to practice tho =P. I have a full time job soooo yea, if u guys host sumthin in a random weekday I may be able to drop by for a few hrs or less.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Falco definately requires a decent amount of tech skill

Iliad

Smash Lord
LOL 90+ people going my ***
yay. Zaf came to voice his opinion.

Gonna host any more tourneys in the back alley of Taco Bell anytime soon Zaf?

I had 71 people (some of them had the 5$ bonus for bringing in a set-up, so my venue fee had about 665 total.) Whats the largest you ever hosted Zaf?

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Holy ****! I think I may have left my controller there or something! Its not in my bag and I just happened to look. Anyone wanna check if they have a silver controller that has a scractch on the top (close to where the wire comes out) that looks like a T (with the top line swirled...)

I may just be an idiot and its somewhere in my house, but thats unlikely...

unknown522

Some guy
16th and Warden area, and yea I'd love to come out to practice sumtime. Haha sry for now I cant host smashfests or anything cause my parents have a thing w/ random ppl they've never seen come to our house. I would like to come out to practice tho =P. I have a full time job soooo yea, if u guys host sumthin in a random weekday I may be able to drop by for a few hrs or less.
alright, cool. Just periodically ask if something's going on. Someone will let you know.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Holy ****! I think I may have left my controller there or something! Its not in my bag and I just happened to look. Anyone wanna check if they have a silver controller that has a scractch on the top (close to where the wire comes out) that looks like a T (with the top line swirled...)

**** bro, I can lend you my purple controller if you want, I'm hooked on one controller for lyfe.

Go to york, stop at shepard and take the york university bus. Cya there in a bit.

Iliad

Smash Lord

I may have given that controller to Lombardo thinking it was his. -.- he was missing his too.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
I may have given that controller to Lombardo thinking it was his. -.- he was missing his too.
Could you ask him to check it? Cause if it is, I could just get it from him when we go to snes, if its not, then I'm gonna need to borrow someones controller for snes. I think I'll take you up on that offer Doc as long as it isn't some reject controller lol

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Time to do my shoutouts.

1: Ally ($264) - Nice seeing you again after so long, great matches as always. Still to good for me and good **** in doubles too. **** that 9 lol.

2: HolyNightmare (120$) - You need to get better, but you didnt do to bad.

3: Doc ($48) - Good **** beating Hype, I heard you pulled a crazy bull**** move at the last second.

4: Hype ($24) - Our matches were pretty closes, you improved the rob vs mk matchup.

5: Cruxis ($12) - Sorry for ruining your chances of placing higher :/ GGs though you almost got me on halberd.

5: TOJoe ($12) - Good **** against ally and sucks we got screwed over in doubles :/

7: Minus - Good job winning melee.
9: Fool - Good stuff in doubles lol.
9: Carter - Nice matches :p
13: Tinman - GGs, fun rob dittos. You getting better.
17: Pastaboy - We werent in the same bracket this time lol.
17: Stannum - Fun mm, your dk is beast. You almost beat ally o_o
25: Culex - Thanks for housing ally, we need to play next time.
25: BuenoB - Sucks, you got bracket *****. :/
25: KC - Lol you ***** me with luigi on bf, probably the best luigi Ive played.
25: Patches - Fun mm lol, you still need more practice.
25: Iliad Thanks for everything, good tournament. Ill see you again someday, thanks for updating me with ally and stuff. :)
25: NikoK - Thanks for the housing and everything, you need to stop sandbagging in pools though.

SolDarkness

Smash Cadet
lol i remember you did fine vs. my spacies and peach

but for some reason you had some trouble with zen's and sanuzi's peach...

dunno man lol
hmm i dun rmbr facing zen's peach, but facing josh, all his aerials have this massive hitstun on my shield and then he follows em with a downsmash >_>, i've still yet to find a way around that. He also tends to kill me w/ grabs the moment I'm like over 110%.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Could you ask him to check it? Cause if it is, I could just get it from him when we go to snes, if its not, then I'm gonna need to borrow someones controller for snes. I think I'll take you up on that offer Doc as long as it isn't some reject controller lol
Naw its just an extra, I'll give you a shout before you head to SNES, its purple, good condition.

edit: I am aware this isn't a shoutout, so sorry to the 2 people I told to go discuss it in a melee thread.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Naw its just an extra, I'll give you a shout before you head to SNES, its purple, good condition.

edit: I am aware this isn't a shoutout, so sorry to the 2 people I told to go discuss it in a melee thread.
Ok just give me a call today whenever and I'll come grab it, thanks a lot yo :)

Also where are the melee vids? You guys can see my ghetto puff and luigi in action!

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Ok just give me a call today whenever and I'll come grab it, thanks a lot yo :)

Also where are the melee vids? You guys can see my ghetto puff and luigi in action!
Ok just found it, gave it a cleaning, I'll call you in an hour or two, I'll meet you at greenwood station on the upstairs platform so you don't have to waste 2 bus tickets, its walking distance for me.

edit: Josh still has my phone nate, if you get this, PM me your phone number or hop on msn, hurry up.

PND

Smash Champion
I don't think there were vids. But Holy and TO Joe couldn't kill me until around 300%. I was getting hit with ROB's bairs offstage in the magnifying glass and surviving. :laugh: OTTAWA LIVES FOREVER.

But if there was a vid, I want it plz.

Side note: I think it may have been that DI that ended up breaking my controller :chuckle:

Fogel

Smash Lord
Hi everyone! A few people recorded replays on my Wii; I've uploaded the videos and made a playlist of what I had. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=36F6925B7990D4BB

I need some help identifying all of the matches. Specifically, I don't know who was playing in the Falcon ditto, and I'm not sure if the Toon Link in the match vs. Ally is Pho. He was the only TL I saw at all that day, so I just assumed it was him. Hopefully someone can clarify/confirm!

Brawl

PND: Thanks for housing sooo many Ottawa players (to anyone reading that doesn't know, he housed 2 carloads of people)! I'm surprised your mom was ok with all of this. Sorry your controller broke during the tourney; that really sucks. Good job repping Ottawa DI!

Moses: You probably won't read this, but it was fun teaming with you. Don't take pools results too much to heart; half-Ottawa in our pool = not fun.

HiDef: You also won't read this, but just in case you do; good job 2 stocking Ally, and sorry I beat you out of pools by tiebreaks :/

Ally: Je m'ai vengé sur toi à Melee :) Si tu veux plus d'expérience dans certains matchups, demandez-moi à un tournoi; je serai toujours content à t'aider. Aussi, j'ai mis notre deuxième match dans Brawl pools sur Youtube; c'est dans mon playlist en haut.

HolyNightmare: Nous n'avons pas parler ni jouer cette fois :( Nous devrions jouer la prochaîne fois!

Hype: We didn't play or talk, but thanks for uploading all those tourney matches!

TOJoe: Good games in brackets, beast MK. Also, you sure weren't joking about always going scissors :/

Jaske: I think you're the guy who helped out Iliad with T.O. stuff...if so, thanks!

Minus: Looks like you've been keeping up your Melee skills. Congrats on first!

Raidos: Good matches in brackets; first time I've played a 'real' ICs main. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Tinman: Good, patient ROB in teams. Hopefully we can play singles next time!

Wolfblade: Good job repping the Poketier as always, and thanks for the compliments on my Snake. If it weren't for practice with Linkshot, I would have gotten beat again. Keep up the taunt PR, it's ******** funny :laugh:

Haze: I don't know how your Diddy is so good after taking such a long break; good job being tied for best Ottawa placement!

saus: SCRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Pho: Tough Toon Link, I'm looking forward to when you move to Ottawa so I can learn how to deal with it!

BuenoB: Don't worry about the placement, it was just bad luck this time around.

KC: Good to see you, sorry we didn't get to play this time.

Arsenic: Barrel roll!

Iliad: Sooooo many tippers in teams, I'm scared! Thanks again for hosting this tourney; hopefully it didn't hurt your wallet too bad.

NikoK: Always good to see you around, I'm glad I was finally able to get you your sweater back after all this time.

Knuckles: Fox was an interesting surprise...I don't know how I managed to win that set. I'm sure we'll play each other again soon enough, looking forward to see how it plays out :)

VGSteve: Your match vs. Ally is on the playlist at the top of the post.

Melee

Minus: Covered in Brawl already

Sanuzi: Wow, Peach? I didn't see that coming, but it looks like your Peach is pretty solid. Congrats on second!

SD: Sorry if I seemed kind of unfriendly at the start of our set, I couldn't tell if you were trying to mindgame me before the match and I wanted to keep my focus. From your posts here you seem like a chill guy, in the future I'll be nicer :) Good set, you definitely know what you're doing in Marth vs. Sheik.

Jack: Really good Falco, not many have a patient style like you do. I was expecting a generic rushdown Falco, but you really surprised me. Hope to play you again!

Omni: Amazing sets all day; pools, friendlies, and brackets! You are definitely one of the smartest players I've faced in a while. Very nice comeback in our last game; I really felt that could have gone either way and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to win it. We definitely need to play some more next time!

Phrozn: Good seeing you again, hopefully you can drop by sometime before going back to Oshawa.

John: Ugh, Sheik dittos are no fun :( Next time we play, I might go someone else :)

Ally: Got you in Brawl shoutouts already.

Ayaz: Good Falcon! When you went Mute City I thought you'd try some Peach or Jiggs shenanigans so I went Peach first. I was pretty surprised when you stayed Falcon. The death turnip on the last stock was pretty lucky on my part, but that's just Peach for you. See you next time!

I know I missed a couple of people in my Melee pool, but I forgot some names. Sorry to whomever I missed.

Omniscius

Smash Cadet
Omni: Amazing sets all day; pools, friendlies, and brackets! You are definitely one of the smartest players I've faced in a while. Very nice comeback in our last game; I really felt that could have gone either way and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to win it. We definitely need to play some more next time!
Our sets were my favourite of the tournament because they were so close, all of them down to the wire. Great job keeping your cool on dreamland and finishing me off after my attempted comeback. You've got a really nice sheik, and smart bans and counterpicks during our bracket set. If I'm ever in Ottawa I'd love to smash with you again.

In fact it was great to finally meet the Ottawa smashers. Phrozn, thanks for suggesting doubles, I'd team with you again anytime! (just no "splitting" next time please lol) Randy our friendlies were a lot of fun, you and Derek make a kickass team.

BTW, I'm going to Queen's in a few weeks and Dan mentioned that...Tect (?) goes there too. Does anyone has his contact info, or can I give you my contact info to pass along? As it stands now I have nobody to smash with :urg:

.decoy

Smash Ace
tect is one of my very good friends...we actually run a decently sized community at queen's, along with a guy that plays a ****ton of 64.

pm me your msn or something, i'll find you tect's contact info.

ps are you going into first year? what res are you living in?

Fogel

Smash Lord
Our sets were my favourite of the tournament because they were so close, all of them down to the wire. Great job keeping your cool on dreamland and finishing me off after my attempted comeback. You've got a really nice sheik, and smart bans and counterpicks during our bracket set. If I'm ever in Ottawa I'd love to smash with you again.

In fact it was great to finally meet the Ottawa smashers. Phrozn, thanks for suggesting doubles, I'd team with you again anytime! (just no "splitting" next time please lol) Randy our friendlies were a lot of fun, you and Derek make a kickass team.

BTW, I'm going to Queen's in a few weeks and Dan mentioned that...Tect (?) goes there too. Does anyone has his contact info, or can I give you my contact info to pass along? As it stands now I have nobody to smash with :urg:
Awesome! Yes, our sets were definitely the most memorable for me as well. As for tect, I don't think he checks smashboards much. I sent him a message on Facebook, asking him to check his smashboards PMs. His username here is 'tect'; send him a message, and I'm pretty sure he'll be happy to hook up. Warning: his Fox is dangerous!

Top Bottom