• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have a love life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
A tragic relationship at 14 is what sent me into animal mode haha.

Tbh, that ended for a lame reason with neither of us wanting it. BUT WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE.

God he's still so cute though I wish he'd come back to England someday soon. :x
"Animal Mode": First time I've heard that saying.

I'm in no hurry to be in a relationship mostly because - as stated before - I'd rather have my own "me time". Plus, I want to be able to dedicate time and money to whatever I want, when I want with zero obligations. I've tried various kinds of people too, from girls spanning many different races (my last relationship was with a Korean girl), to even a couple of guys and even - rarer still - a transsexual. If there's one thing I've learned from all of my encounters, is that stereotypes are moot, and people - regardless of their group - are just as varied as anything else. Unfortunately for me, I manage to only get the ones that act like total *****es... well, I suppose my last girlfriend wasn't a ***** more than a total "sleeps around" kind of girl (don't know a good word to use that won't be censored), which I've expected before even meeting her.

I guess I'm just gonna wait it out until someone practically falls onto my lap. I hear that seldom gets anyone anywhere, but it's better than actively seeking and getting a dud as a result.

tl;dr: I'm gonna stay single indefinitely.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

You are right I have read such documented cases. Right now I just do not have the personality for it (Might adjust a few things later about my personality later, just so long they do not change things I like about myself, I currently like who I am.)
lol documented cases. it happens all the time. girls care more about personality than looks.

just so you know, any decent looking girl looks for guys that have... manly personalities. i mean if you don't have a problem with girls thinking your gay then that's fine, live your life.

girls want a man that is passionate about things, and i don't mean passionate about her. its human nature that people chase things that which they cannot obtain, it's especially true for girls. they want someone that they think they'd be lucky as hell to be with, not a guy that is waiting on her, will do whatever she want thems to, will text her back immediately, and is all the guy thinks about.

it's all a game. you have too much going on in your life to be head over heels for a girl before you're even deep in a relationship with them. and if you don't, well.. pretend that you do.

girls will say they want the nicest guy, but they don't. if a guy ignores them, they'll want to know why and keep on chasing after him. not that one nice guy that is waiting for her to text him back all day.

remember, confidence. we're men. raise the flag and keep it held high.

also i recommend you guys watch "Swingers" and/or "The Tao of Steve". great movies and youll probably learn a thing or two from them too.

edit: also when i say passionate about things, hot girls probably aren't looking for a guy that their number one thing in life is a certain anime or video games or MLP. instruments, music, sports, their job, etc.

my name is steel and i play guitar and want to work in the music business. boom - interesting and girls are going to want to ask about it. but don't put everything out there for them, be and stay mysterious. make it about THEM and ask them questions. not an interrogation, but converse with them so that they do a lot of the talking.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
According to Jeff Foxworthy, a poll suggests that women want a "dangerous man". Perhaps that may be relevant to what you're saying, Steel? I suppose it does make perfect sense - women tend to want to catch things that seem hard to grasp, and I have noticed this several times. Maybe girls want guys that are "hard to get"?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
being hard to get is basically what that entire post was about

also dangerous = interesting, not boring, something different and exciting

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner

That's what I've figured. Being hard to get's the easy part, really... but if one's too broke to do anything exciting, then being "dangerous" can be a bit hard.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

It's why hardmen and general ***holes who don't even have 2 pennies to rub together get so much, because they have the excitement factor about them. People say it's all about money. While money gets you lots, being out there does too.

S l o X

Smash Champion
i think she's ): that i don't love her and that she does.

there's just been too many relationships where i used the word and then afterwards regretted it. how the hell am i supposed to know if i love her? anybody have a checklist?

GaNoNdOrFgUrL

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2853-0620-9258
i think she's ): that i don't love her and that she does.

there's just been too many relationships where i used the word and then afterwards regretted it. how the hell am i supposed to know if i love her? anybody have a checklist?
there are a few ways to see if you truly have feelings for her.

1. When your phone rings, do want it to be her?
2. When you listen to a love song, does she pop into your head?
3. When you wake up in the morning, is she the first person who comes to your mind?
4. The moment you're about to fall asleep, do you wish she was there so you can cuddle with her?
5. If you see her, do you feel a warm feeling in your heart?

i can't think of anymore at the moment, but if you said yes to a few of these, then yeah, you have feelings for her. =]

S l o X

Smash Champion
i can't think of anymore at the moment, but if you said yes to a few of these, then yeah, you have feelings for her. =]
i know i have feelings for her but where's the borderline between like, love and lust?
Usually you'd know if you loved them, you wouldn't need a checklist you'd just love being with them.
i do love being with her. maybe i just over think it all?
katy perry is kind of pretty.
this thread never fails to disappoint
:3

camerino1

Smash Lord
I just want a love life, because all of my friends have someone right now. The 4 people i went with to the movies for my birthday are 2 couples. So I'm feeling a little left out (my fortune cookie from 2 days ago said that this year will bring much happiness, so here's hoping :)).

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I laughed.

Also, is anybody in a relationship with somebody much older or younger than them? Or has been?
With a 27 yo when I was 16 (not really a relationship but umm yeah met a couple times), and a 15yo when I was 19 owait I'm still 19.

15yo had more common sense than the 27yo, kinda tragic really.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Unlucky for you Americans, you get locked up for falling for the wrong person. :3

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
There is but our age of consent is lower.

Plus there are "Romeo and Juliet" laws that nullify age gaps of around 4-5 years so for example an 18yo and 14yo isn't srs bsns even though it's TECHNICALLY against the law, it gets exempted.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Suspiciously I'd never heard of these laws. A bit of research later and I found that Romeo and Juliet laws are American only, the laws for here are:

The sex offenders act in the UK states that under 13's aren't mature enough to fully understand the consequences of sex thus are incapable of consenting therefore there is no consent, therefore it's ****, so in theory anyone age 13 or over that has sex with someone under 13 if the CPS were to follow the letter of the law could be charged with statutory ****.

For 16 and 17 year olds who have sex with someone between 13-15 the sex offenders act calls this sexual activity with a child which if convicted could get them up to 10 years imprisonment.

Anyone aged 18 or over who has sex with anyone under 16 is according to the sex offenders act guilty of statutory **** which has a maximum of life imprisonment.

Everyone who has sex with someone who the police and CPS believe is not mature for their age, for example someone who has mental health issues, could also be charged with statutory **** regardless of their ages.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I was told that by the po-lice though. They have discretion of prosecution. :/

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Now they've got dirt on you Teran, they're going to use it against you when you get big and they want bribes. I say you grab your Taiwanese lover and hot tail it out of the country.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I never slept with him though. :3

Also f u @ Taiwanese :mad:

Marth307

Smash Journeyman
Chill out dude XD @ the older/younger relationship question I dated a 19 year old when i was 14 :)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Turning 18 and going to Uni, you meet a lot of older women. I now prefer older women. Made good friends with a 25 yr old in my lab class, very surprised how well we got along considering the 7 year gap. I'm just naive like that. :)

Still pretty darn young so deep relationships and being "in" love aren't things I'm actively seeking. Prefer just fooling around, no restrictions. However I met a girl at a party that honestly made me consider settling down into a relationship with her. She was a wavy/curly brunette with slight red tinge, cute smile and quite fit. Personality wise we could talk and laugh about anything, decent music taste, loved Pulp Fiction, plays the acoustic guitar. Shame she already had a boyfriend XD oh well onwards!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The whole age gap thing for friendship is some weird bull**** thing imposed by society. Like I dunno people just find it odd to have younger/older friends and it's like why?

I have a friend in his 40s and he's a boss.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I suppose as you get older age for everything becomes less significant.
In the lower levels of education, students usually hang around people their own age, even a 3-4 year gap was pretty big at a young age (under 18). So when people get thrown into the "real world", you've only really been friends with other teens, people over 25 were adults and teachers XD I can understand why it can be a bit odd.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
The whole age gap thing for friendship is some weird bull**** thing imposed by society. Like I dunno people just find it odd to have younger/older friends and it's like why?

I have a friend in his 40s and he's a boss.
Oh most def. In my experience at uni (especially at post grad level) it's not uncommon to meet/ make friends with people 5 to 30 years older than you. A recently made friends with a Turkmen woman who I thought was around my age (21), turns out she's 39.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Oldest woman I've dated was 35. This was while I was 22. The youngest I've dated was 20. Personally, I never date anyone below 20, mostly because for me 18/19-year olds still need to adjust with being an adult. Yeah, I know it's crazy, but that's just me.

Oh, and nice trolling,
LuigiToilet. Nearly made me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom