• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have a love life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I feel myself, to truly enjoy a relationship your partner must like a significant proportion of things you also like.

Or at the very least be as fond of one thing as you are.

Ie Cooking, Video games, Sports.

Discuss.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I feel myself, to truly enjoy a relationship your partner must like a significant proportion of things you also like.

Or at the very least be as fond of one thing as you are.

Ie Cooking, Video games, Sports.

Discuss.
Having things in common tend to have a higher chance of good chemistry in theory, though nothing is always absolute, since it also comes down to personality... though I suppose that goes without saying.

In my last relationship, my (then) girlfriend swore we had a lot in common. I thought she and I did have things in common. Turns out, that was completely false. She wasn't even the gamer she said she was; all she played was Rock Band and a little Halo... and nothing else. Everything else about her was a complete contrast to me. As you can imagine, the relationship ended disasterously. The good thing is, I already knew the relationship was doomed to failure before I even met her (I've heard stories of her beforehand), so I invested little in her, other than buying a few things here-and-there as presents.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I haven't had an actual relationship, but I notice that if I don't have the basic interests in common (like SSB or other games I like) I wont even think about them as anything more then a friend. So I'm guess you need stuff in common. (SSB and Badminton for me and it's set.)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

Heh, that is fine, unlike the other guys I am okay with taking my time. Sex is not the main reason why I wish for a girl friend.
You don't need a girlfriend to have sex, silly panda.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
unfortunately most (all) hot girls dont play smash
Hot is an opinion, besides I prefer girls with an normal body heat (Joking).

In all seriousness, personally, I am not too picky about looks due to the fact I am not that good looking myself. Also while it is socially appealing it does not say much about character other then some general stuff.

Edit:
You don't need a girlfriend to have sex, silly panda.
I do not swing that way though you are right.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No as in I mean, you don't need to be in a relationship to have sex.

I didn't mean boyfriend if that's what you were implying. :x

Also, yeah wtf @ playing Smash as a criterion. Videogames I can understand, but Smash is wayyyy narrowed down. Seriously good luck with that.

Honestly choosing hot people then ticking boxes is the best method.

But that's just me and my shallow ways.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I can't imagine having "does she play Smash Brothers video game" on my criteria for a significant other. Seems a little petty to me.
Speaking for myself, I am fine with any good game series that she likes that I also like. Of course it would not be the only factor just one of them.

Edit: GOD DAM IT TERAN STOP NINJA'ing ME!

No as in I mean, you don't need to be in a relationship to have sex.

I didn't mean boyfriend if that's what you were implying. :x

Also, yeah wtf @ playing Smash as a criterion. Videogames I can understand, but Smash is wayyyy narrowed down. Seriously good luck with that.

Honestly choosing hot people then ticking boxes is the best method.

But that's just me and my shallow ways.

Indeed that is your shallow way, as to having sex with out a relationship I already know that, do you mean prostitution, because I do not wish to be doing something illegal.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

Hot is an opinion, besides I prefer girls with an normal body heat (Joking).

In all seriousness, personally, I am not too picky about looks due to the fact I am not that good looking myself. Also while it is socially appealing it does not say much about character other then some general stuff.

Edit:

I do not swing that way though you are right.
you can be not attractive physically and get all the *** you want if you ahve the personality for it

fortunately i have both

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
you can be not attractive physically and get all the *** you want if you ahve the personality for it

fortunately i have both
You are right I have read such documented cases. Right now I just do not have the personality for it (Might adjust a few things later about my personality later, just so long they do not change things I like about myself, I currently like who I am.)

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Indeed that is your shallow way, as to having sex with out a relationship I already know that, do you mean prostitution, because I do not wish to be doing something illegal.
No I don't mean prostitution, nobody should be that desperate. Although tbh it's not about the desperation it's the sleaze that makes it fun.

Did I really just say that?

But yeah say no to hoes.

As for not swinging that way, that's silly I don't get it. I understand people who aren't sexually charged not caring for sex, but I'm sure you get the urges. Why would you curb them for the sake of some huggies in bed?

While yes sex in a relationship is better, relationships aren't always what you want them to be and considering you're on SWF you've probably experienced decent bouts of singledom. So like, what gives? Just have some fuuuuun imo, it's harmless. (If you take the right precautions obv)

Also about your personality. Girls might think you're gay. No offence, but if they find out about MLP...

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And both of us would know.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
No I don't mean prostitution, nobody should be that desperate. Although tbh it's not about the desperation it's the sleaze that makes it fun.

Did I really just say that?

But yeah say no to hoes.
Agreed.

As for not swinging that way, that's silly I don't get it. I understand people who aren't sexually charged not caring for sex, but I'm sure you get the urges. Why would you curb them for the sake of some huggies in bed?
I do get urges, In short I like to keep my internal emotions in check, and it is really hard to keep that particular emotion in check. Other emotions are easier to deal with by far, that one is really chaotic though, so I reduce it so I have to deal with it not less, but on a not as strong basis.

While yes sex in a relationship is better, relationships aren't always what you want them to be and considering you're on SWF you've probably experienced decent bouts of singledom. So like, what gives? Just have some fuuuuun imo, it's harmless. (If you take the right precautions obv)
Because I hurt one of my ex-girl friends a long time ago, I try to keep my self in check and try to build a stable relationship, I do not want a repeat of the past.

Also about your personality. Girls might think you're gay. No offence, but if they find out about MLP...
Why should I take offence for you pointing out the truth about what they think? They think I am gay AND they know nothing about me enjoying MLP. If they learned that I liked MLP that would reinforce their already existent believe about me. I find the following odd though, in my old school I was rarely called gay and even had a few girls ask me out to a date. In my new school every one thinks I am gay... The only difference I can see is the karate lessons and that I was less cynical and jaded at my old school.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I do get urges, In short I like to keep my internal emotions in check, and it is really hard to keep that particular emotion in check. Other emotions are easier to deal with by far, that one is really chaotic though, so I reduce it so I have to deal with it not less, but on a not as strong basis.

Lust isn't an internal emotion. =/

Because I hurt one of my ex-girl friends, I still even after several years regret it on a weekly basis, I try to keep my self in check and try to build a stable relationship, not a "fuuun" one.
What does that have to do with sex without relationships? In fact not getting involved guarantees nobody will get hurt. I'm not saying get a girlfriend and cheat, I'm saying don't be all "oh no sex at all outside of a relationship" because I dunno that attitude kinda bleeds out and girls pick up on it, and for some reason it lowers your desirability. Not to mention it's just so boring OMG

Why should I take offence for you pointing out the truth about what they think? They think I am gay AND they know nothing about me enjoying MLP. If they learned that I liked MLP that would reinforce their already existent believe about me. I find the following odd though, in my old school I was rarely called gay and even had a few girls ask me out to a date. In my new school every one thinks I am gay... The only difference I can see is the karate lessons and that I was less cynical and jaded at my old school.
Most boys get offended when you imply they act gay. :3

Also lol sucks to be you, I have to convince people that I am gay. :/

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Lust is a biological reaction to arousing stimuli, it's not an emotion and it's not something that is in particular need of "fixing" unless you are unhealthily addicted to it or are reckless and unsafe. You feel sexual attraction because it is the first step in potential procreation.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Lust is a biological reaction to arousing stimuli, it's not an emotion and it's not something that is in particular need of "fixing" unless you are unhealthily addicted to it or are reckless and unsafe. You feel sexual attraction because it is the first step in potential procreation.
Question: can you lust for yourself. It seems wierd to want your own self that way, but then again some people can be pretty self-centered... Greek religion says so...

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I believe so. Might be pure narcissism but sometimes thinking of or watching myself makes me sorta randy. Not on its own of course. I'm not saying I've given myself a boner or anything. But when I'm already in the mood, being able to see myself and the thought of myself makes it hotter :p . I'd probably think different if I had a micropenis though.

lol, was just gonna link to the wiki for Micropenis but I double checked and I don't wanna traumatize any of our younger members. just a warning, it has pictures of super tiny "shlongs" on the wiki.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
My amazing girlfriend just told me she loved me, for the first time, last night.

Good weekends are good. :)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Hey Teran, you remember what I was talking about the other day?

This thread is a prime example. :p

On another note, tomorrow/today will be the 1st time I will have cammed with Kurt in like 2 weeks.

HORRAAAYYYYY for technology.(HD webcams FTW)

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
I cant tell if this Girl Likes me. Shes my bestfriend and she always seems like shes leading me on! She wants to go to my Prom, Kisses me on my cheek and gives me nicknames and Stuff, But i just cant tell. I dont wanna do anything to kill our friendship! Waaah.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Just be forward with her about it. Ask her what she thinks of you. She's either leading you on or teasing you.

Find out she likes you.
Get alone with her.
Have passionate sex.

profit

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I cant tell if this Girl Likes me. Shes my bestfriend and she always seems like shes leading me on! She wants to go to my Prom, Kisses me on my cheek and gives me nicknames and Stuff, But i just cant tell. I dont wanna do anything to kill our friendship! Waaah.
She doesn't like you in that way.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I was like "hold your horses there Teran", but then actually read the quote :urg:

Yea unless you can install a small camera in your top hat so we can experience first hand how she's behaving towards you, we can't really be certain, but you're friendzoned by the sound of it.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And protip, an unwanted kiss isn't ****, so don't worry.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Eor would be ashamed of your lack of follow through on that Peeze.

And then he'd probably stop a forest fire idk what bears do normally.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I gotta be honest; that part in bold made me lose. XD

Ahem, that said, aren't more than half the members of SWF, like, teenagers? If that's the case, then it's my opinion to say that they shouldn't really have to worry too much about being in a relationship, seeing as they're still young, and will get their chance later on in life once they're all set and ready to take on the world by themselves.

For the older folk... well, I actually have no advice to give. Maybe go out to a bar and meet people? I dunno. :p

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No they shouldn't really be getting all stressed over relationships but most are pining over some girl so what do but tell them how it is?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
No they shouldn't really be getting all stressed over relationships but most are pining over some girl so what do but tell them how it is?
True, and the saying "there's plenty of fish in the sea" seldom ever suffices. Here's a bit of reality for them though; high school relationships very rarely ever last, especially with the bf/gf going to college that's potentially across the country somewhere in God knows where. You can have your little "puppy love", but don't take it too seriously, and NEVER (and I can't stress that enough; I've seen lives change drastically as a result) go "all the way" - only bad things will result from that.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
A tragic relationship at 14 is what sent me into animal mode haha.

Tbh, that ended for a lame reason with neither of us wanting it. BUT WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE.

God he's still so cute though I wish he'd come back to England someday soon. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom