• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has Yoshi's Island saved your life?

HelpR

Smash Ace
no, it's actually gone out of it's way to kill me before.

How?

Well, after using wave bounce and messing up a zap jump, I was too low to tether, and any attempts would have been my death. so, PK thunder.

1. use PK thunder, having it go from the top of your head to the side opposite the stage
2. Pray that the ghost doesnt come up at this point
3. The ghost comes up and eats the PK thunder.
4. Enter helpless, fall to death.
5. Curse like a sailor as yoshi's island messes with me again.

Between this, and the fact that yoshi's island has the most ******** wall to try and PK thunder against (I've bounced off of this stage more then I bounced off of FD's lip.) not to mention the fact that there's a wierd lip a few inches below the ledge, making this my least favorite stage by far.

Lylat may taunt me, but at least it doesnt go out of it's way to kill me directly.

Meccs

@Meccs_
nope... it killed me in a tourney match, though.
I went to use PK Thunder, and the ghost came up, and brought Ness higher so the PK Thunder went under me and the ghost flew down again, taking a helpless Ness with it. And I had hardly any damage...
and like many others, it's just plain stopped my PK Thunder.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Lol i had no jumps, i got spiked, I was using yoshi so u just kept throwing eggs up hoping the ghost plattoform could save me and it did lol, I was like.... HELL YEAH LUZ!

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
Yup, yesterday I was playing Wifi and I got axe-kicked while I was off the stage by Snake. Usually this just spikes you to your doom but that wierdo platform saved me. :bee:
I ended up loosing anyways though. :urg:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It has saved me dozens of times. Can't name them all but i'll name a few examples.
1. Once when someone edge hugged and I already used Both jumps for Yoshi.
2. Both of us were at bottom of stage and enemy jumped off my head, last second The Ghost platform comes up and then afterwards I win since we both had 1 life.
3. Falcon Punched only had B-Up left used it didn't make it but then ghost came up about half-way before I died.

Dr.Brawl

Smash Ace
Yoshis' island has saved me maybe once of twice seeing as, i use falcos' b-side too often, and that once you use Captain Falcon b-up you are kind of screwed, those ghost platforms are really helpful.

The Brigand

Smash Cadet
I think it's saved me once or twice. One of those times, though, I was trying to suicide, so...

It's also killed me once, too. I missed a recovery, and landed on the platform while it was halfway off the screen on its way down. Ganondorf has a particularly stupid amount of landing lag. Yeah...

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
i got spiked off the edge, then a ghost platform saved me.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Believe it or not, this stage has killed me before.

I was using Bowser, I'd just been knocked off stage by G&W, and in an attempt to recover I used by UpB, only for the ghost platform to come up, and force me to use my grounded UpB, which gives no vertical boost, and caused me to fall down into the abyss between the support platform, and the edge, to my death on my last stock. Absolute crap.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Man you dont know how many times its saved mee. And how many times its made me lose T.T

Yoshi's Island has never saved me. It just gives me another place to land on if I happen to be trying to recover.

boo13

Smash Apprentice
Nope, I usually just play FD. That must be pretty awesome if it did randomly though.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
The ghost is epic. This one time when I was playing Ugg Falcon vs Ganon, I was recovering and he tried to spike me, I double jumped and knee'd him and our moves exchanged hits. I only barely knocked him onto the stage while he spiked me at 90%, that's when the Ghost saved me. It was one of the most epic things to ever happen to me.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Well, Randall the Cloud (Melee) saves me more often than the Ghost does. But both stages have saved me in my time.

Bread

Smash Rookie
The ghosts have never really saved me but I have once accidentally managed to perform a walljump when someone spiked me. This might be even more useful than the ghosts.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
similar stories like this occur for me, on this stage, as well as green greens, i have continuously been smashed across the screen and whatnot into a falling block and keep on going about my business. happens alot more than the ghost platform saving my life.

Peach_rules

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peachrules14
Well I play as Peach most of the time and her recovery is the Float+Toad stalling+ Parasol. All of these let her stay in one spot for a LONG time. If i miss the ledge, I'm almost always saved by the ghost!

SonicBlue77

Smash Rookie
Yes, it has saved me numerous times in the past.

The Recent time was yesterday when me and my friend Firebar were playing brawl with Weegee and Obsidian, which are my online friends. I got shot down by samus and landed on the life saving platform. :E

KMcVay

Smash Rookie
Yoshi's Island has saved me multiple times but not too frequently. Then again this stage also saved many of my opponents more than once as well.

Top Bottom