• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Has Yoshi's Island saved your life?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
You bet it has. I love just falling enough to see if it will pop up and it does quite often for me. Saves me from using my PKT in the wrong places at the wrong times.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Saves me from using my PKT in the wrong places at the wrong times.
Usually the only time thy make a difference is when I am using PKT and the **** platform blocks it... Argh...

So far, that hasn't happened in a tournament match, so I'm hoping it'll stay that way ^^

DUB

Smash Lord
I hate this stage. No it has never saved me. It just pops me up higher when I Up+B and gets me hit. Same luck with Randall in melee.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
No it did the complete opposite

I tried to get off the support ghost when it going down, but I tripped a died =__=

Talk about perfect timing ( sakarai'd )

Aibou

Smash Master
I haven't been saved by Yoshi's, but one of my opponents did once. Here was the scene: Marth with two stock, Link with one. Marth used F-smash. Link flies far, but doesn't die. Link attempts recovery, but Marth intervenes with a D-air. Link falls fast...but the next second he is lying on a platform that rose from the dark abyss below.

Very frustrating...

LightningSykes

Smash Rookie
saved me too many times as snake. It messes with my friends so much by taunting them that they can land there, but then suddenly it drops down again.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's Island has never helped me, only my luccky foes.
Twice, I've spiked an opponent and they were saved.
Once after a Snake fair spike, and then after a Lucas bair spike... Grrr... :mad:

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
That platform loves me and I love it back. If I get ledge hogged or know I won't be able to make the ledge I always try to get lined up with where the platform comes up from and more often then not it saves me. Does anyone know the name of the platform? I'd love to be able to thank him formally. :chuckle:

-MCT-

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah, the little ghosts of Yoshi's Island basically love me. Expecially if I'm playing Peach and I get edgehogged when I pull out the umbrella, I usually can stay in the air for barely enough time for the ghost to come to the rescue :D

NNID
LilG912
Omg, last night, I played a Link mainer on YI, I was @ 2 stocks, he was on his last stock @ high %, all of the sudden I caped his recovery and then I taunted, he killed w/ down aerial, I finished him off w/ 0% w/ 1 stock remaining. And now today, I played a different Link mainer on YI w/ Luigi. I gayed his recovery w/ forward aerial and the stage saved him! Lol

Top Bottom