• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Happy First Birthday Brawl! -- (will be closed March 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It's already been a year since Brawl came out. So remind me: How has the metagame changed since then? I find it a bit tricky to see the difference.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
It changed a lot IMO. I remember the days when people thought Ike was cheap. It's funny lloking back because now he's low tier.

neodoodot

Smash Rookie
NNID
Neodoodot
HAPPY BRAWL DAY!!! This game has changed SO much for me =3 back then I was convinced that Lucas was gonna be top tier and that pit was the cheapest character ever.....ahhh memories that'll be with me forever~!!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i remember when i heard players say my god mk sucks so bad.then a month later everyone is usin snake.then mk pops up as god and i laugh.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I remember how overused Ike was at the beginning and how everyone said MK and G&W sucked even though I played with them, told people they were good, and pounded them into atoms with MK and G&W.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I remember how people were complaining about sonics placement on the tier list in september.
Oh how things change.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I wouldn't really call it a happy day.
I'm gonna laugh when I turn on my Wii and see that I have to pay $50 to pay for another year of Brawl.

They would do something like that.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I remember when Metaknight was the biggest issue in the world, some time ago. Now, it's like who gives a dang, ya know? I remember the tournament they had for this. I was there that night. It was fun. WE NEED TO HAVE A GIANT SMASHBOARDS TOURNAMENT TO COMMEMORATE THE ANIVERSARY OF BRAWL!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Happy bday Brawl. I cannot believe how the time has flown by.
Many AT's have been found since the game's release and we've gained a far deeper understanding of the metagame of every character. We've truly made brawl huge in just its first year of existence.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Happy Birthday indeed. :)

This thread will be closed on March 10.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Snake used to be the best ranked character in the game.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nice title, Buzz!
SSE was kind of entertaining, I enjoyed it. :(

Scott!

Smash Lord
SSE was entertaining. It's not an amazing thing in and of itself, but it was worth a playthrough, for me at least. Plus, the cutscenes are awesome. Happy Birthday Brawl! Never hyped so much for a game before, and won't until we get news of the next Zelda.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Can't say its a great day to be happy for, but a day none the less.

SEE: bland, anyway you look at it. I mean, sure, the cutscenes were epic, but it was the same gameplay, then as you beat the game you redo everything you just did =\

Characters: There needed to be more. I mean think about it. We had 7 that JUST missed the cut...
think about it. SEVEN more characters? And now what, when we go to the next one, we'll have seven less new characters.

Mechanics: high tiers are good, top tiers are great, mk is god. everyone else you forget is actually in the game. =\

Overall: decent game at best. Brawl + may make it a bit better, but overall, just decent.

But nevertheless, happy bday brawl.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Happy Birthday Brawl.

I remember all the days of the fake rosters and all the "SONIC ISNT IN BRAWL" talk. Quiet hilarious.

I also remember how alot of people thought Brawl to be Melee 2.0.

And how Japan Time was the sole reason of the increased cases of insomnia. LOL.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I remember how long I've waited to get this game in to cold last year. It was well worth it, because Brawl is my ultimate joy so far. Of course I play a whole lot of games and own them as well, but Brawl is one of those few games I constanly play and never get tierd of. And of course, Happy First Year Anniversary Brawl. =D

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Happy Birthday Brawl!

I remember hyping the game, but I forgot about it on the day though :( then remembered, I remember not having a proper main until I got Falco, good times...

Sukai

Smash Champion
I got Brawl in September 08, so I missed all that hype.

Makes you wonder if anything will change next year....
Things seem pretty cut and dried with Brawl, I can't imagine any phenomenal changes in anything really.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Even though I'm British and should therefore only be celebrating on the 27th June, I will say that Brawl is a great game. I was seriously hyped for this, and it didn't disappoint (well, it did a little).

The roster was great, as were the levels, although they could have chosen better Melee stages.

Happy Birthday American Brawl!

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Wow. I remember waiting in line during the midnight release, and then playing all night long. Seems like it wasn't very long ago.

I have to say though... I'm really impressed with how the metagame has developed. I remember everyone was about equal in the beginning, or there wasn't much of a skill gap. Now, you see people 3 stocking scrubs like it should be.

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
I've been maining Olimar for a year now =']

I'll never forget the 1st time i played Classic Mode with him, and got game over 5 matches in.

Ange

Smash Lord
Haaaaappy American Birthday, Brawl!

Oh I so remember how frustrating it was to wait until the 27th June for Brawl to come out in Europe, while you Americans already had it.

****, good ol' memories. :laugh:

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Happy B day Brawl
Ike is top tire lulz, Is Sonic in the game?! Mewtwo? Mewtwo?!! MEWTWWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!111
Snake is teh Br0k3n. Pitcheaparrowsfail. MK sux. MK must be banned. MK shouldn't be banned. SBR vs theSBR
play melee. play barlw.

It's been one hell of a year.

:093:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Happy B day Brawl
Ike is top tire lulz, Is Sonic in the game?! Mewtwo? Mewtwo?!! MEWTWWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!111
Snake is teh Br0k3n. Pitcheaparrowsfail. MK sux. MK must be banned. MK shouldn't be banned. SBR vs theSBR
play melee. play barlw.

It's been one hell of a year.

:093:
That aint even the half of it.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Happy Birthday Brawl. I miss the days when wolf and Pit were top tier. We also can't forget about Wsnake. That guy was unbeatable until we discovered that he wasn't even in the game. ISJR, the tech that will forever change brawl. The Yoshi mains going on and on about draconian reverse. The way too many Melee vs Brawl debates. All in all it is has been a good first year. Hopefully there will be many more. Here is to you Brawl.

:034:

Smash Hero
I remember Pit "being the only weapon against MK", DK and Wario sucking, Ike being good (ha), Trainer being good (ha) and Snake being the all-time god.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Haaaaappy American Birthday, Brawl!

Oh I so remember how frustrating it was to wait until the 27th June for Brawl to come out in Europe, while you Americans already had it.

****, good ol' memories. :laugh:
Same, so agonizingly painful Dx
There shud be a European birthday thread too, when it happens :)

Ulevo

Smash Master
The best memories of Brawl for me were prior to its North American release, when we all anxiously anticipated the day it would be released in stores, playing Melee to keep us content until that faithful day.

How disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom