• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HAMILTON, ONTARIO S.S.B.B. January 24 Singles and Doubles Tournament

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament Singles and Doubles Tournament
Date: Saturday January 24th 2009
307 King St East, Hamilton, Ontario.
Phone: 289-396-4290
Sponsor : Pownz Gaming Centre

Game Type: Singles

Registration begins at: 12:00pm
Singles Start Time: 2:00pm
Cost Per Player: $5 Venue Fee, $10 Prize Pool
Prize Pool: 60 / 30 / 10
Expected Turnout: 32 Participants
Advance registration: Available

Game Type: Doubles

Registration begins at: 12:00pm
Doubles Start Time: 30 minutes following Single (7pm estimated)
Cost Per Player: $5 Venue Fee (Note: Venue fee waived if you participated in Singles tournament), $10 Prize Pool
Prize Pool Per Team: 60 / 30 / 10
Expected Turnout: 16 Teams
Advance registration: Available

Rules: SBR Certified
Stock: 3
Timer: 7 Minutes
Double Elimination Bracket

BONUS: All Pownz 1337 Member can arrive as early as 12pm for up to 2 hours of FREE practice time on any of our systems. If you wish to become a member when you register for the tourney, you will recieve a discount 1337 membership for only $5.
If you have been at either of our previous SSBB tourneys, your already a member so take advantage of the free practice access.

EDIT: We are doing a poll to see which of the stages that did not receive a 2/3 majority during the SBR stage debates, deserve to be on the Starter/Counter and Counter/Banned stage lists. We would like to hear from those that will be or are considering, attending our tournaments. The poll will be taken over the next 90 days and our "official" stage list will likely not be made until that time. If you have a moment, come to www.pownz.com and enter our forum: Pownz Gaming Centre Forum Index -> Super Smash Brothers Brawl Strategies to vote on each of the ten stages.

Thank you.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Guys if you don't mind, register for the pownz forum. They're doing something... interesting. Any stage that didn't have like 2/3 majority in favour of banned, counter, or starter is up for votes for members to be nominated as either starter/counter or counter/banned. There's a lot of maps there that SHOULD be banned that are up for counter nomination. Please vote, I don't wanna see these maps allowed and i seriously doubt you do too.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
muahahahah being in university means no exams. id go butim already going to a cuple of tournies around that date so i dout i culd get 3 weekends off in a row + it wuld be alot of money for me to spend on smash+ in such a short period of time. i will go to the next 1

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
10muahahahah being in university means no exams. id go butim already going to a cuple of tournies around that date so i dout i culd get 3 weekends off in a row + it wuld be alot of money for me to spend on smash+ in such a short period of time. i will go to the next 1

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
For those of you seeking practice, come on out to our Smash Nights every Friday starting at 6 for warm-ups and 7-10 for Round Robin Game play for $10. We are beginning our new `09 ladder on these Smash Nights, so your ability will be recorded and tracked through out and available for viewing on our website. I am still offering a car pool discount in the form of free entry for the designated drivers to help off set the cost of transportation. You need only email me ahead of time: Lorenzo.Somma@pownz.com
To qualify as a DD you need to be travelling with at least 2 other people, which can be spectators or participants.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Requesting that this thread to be moved to Tournament Listings.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Exam week lmao ****
Will try to reach

Kingace our score is 2-0 Imma go for 2-1 =P

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL Somebody grab the dvd of the last tourney I wanna see me vs Pastaboy.
Its only like $5 or whatever so its actually kinda worth it!

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Requesting that this thread to be moved to Tournament Listings.
Its funny, because when we first started posting in the 'Tournament Listings' , people said to move it to the 'Canada' listing.
So we have them in both now, and 'Canada' listing by far has been more responsive than 'Tournament Listings'. We will likely continue posting in 'Canada' over the 'Tournament Listings'. I can only assume it's because Canada Rocks.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Heh, well one of my Smash resolutions this year was to make it to more of these, so I guess I'll start here.

Question though. Has anyone bussed to this event? I live in Brampton and I'm absolutely clueless about getting to Hamilton by bus. I know I'd probably have to take Mississauga GO to get there 'cause there's no Brampton bus that goes all the way to Hamilton to my knowledge (and according to the site, it seems.)

So taking the Hwy 407 West GO Bus to get to the Hamilton GO Centre...how far is Pownz from there? What would I need to take to go the rest of the way?

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Chaotic, get ready to 3-stock.

EDIT: I think I might be able to give you closer matches now cha, I worked on the Lucario matchup and I worked on not being so wreckless.

NoobSchoolBus

Smash Cadet
I'm probably going to this.
Need to get some tourney experience under my belt. :x

Speaking of which, I can show up at around 12, pay the extra $5 to become a member and join in on the warmups, right? Cause lord knows I need the practice. haha.

Top Bottom