• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I did a king of the hill and all I could get were double kills, because there were only two people fighting while others respawned somewhere else. Quite frustrating. Oh and please, do not get me started on the Spartan Laser; 2 for 1.

Add me ****it!
GT : xZero Beatx
I played a ton of Lone Wolves last night to get up to level 20 so I could be a Captain (which I now am, weee!) and naturally, I got stuck with Guardian (woo!) and Epitaph (eh!) a bunch on Slayer. There was one match on Epitaph where I was SO ****ING CLOSE to getting the Overkill. I had the shotgun, there were TWO bubble shields up where I was, I ran through, get a triple kill, see a guy on my radar, run towards to get him hoping that it hasn't been four seconds yet... but it had. I was too late. :C So then like, immediately afterwards I get into a game on Guardian and the guys are like "hay, wanna get dat overkill achieves?!" so I got it with them and will always pretend that I got that fourth guy on Epitaph. :p

The only multiplayer achievement I have left is Triple Kill with the Sword. Which, again, is ********. Now, if Bungie were so throw "Swords" into Lone Wolves, it wouldn't be so hard to get. I would hate Swords showing up too much, but it comes up in Rumble Pit and I got many a double kill in that, wouldn't be too hard to get a triple.

And yeah, the Headshot Honcho achievement requires the Sniper Rifle. Can't be Battle Rifle or anything else you manage to get a headshot with.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
How do you nail a headshot with the sniper in this one? Seems to me like you have to almost ain right over their head to get it...

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
What the **** man, screw you. I'm always the one asking for an achievement match and no one answers me:(.

Okay scratch that, I hope this gives you a hint Cashed.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
What map did you get it on? Epitaph seems like the map most people actually earn it legit.

All the Elite helmets are ugly. :C

Hayabusa and CQB are so overused.

I actually kind of wish Bungie wouldn't have made helmet permutations.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I wish there were more options. More colors. :( I'm sick of all these bright colors. Steel is like a light grey. I miss the Steel from Halo 2. :( Hell, I miss Black.

Now I'm Brown/Steel. :-? Sporting the ODST Helmet, Right Hayabusa, Left E.V.A. Hayabusa chest.

When my net is back up, I'll get a picture.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
About Microsoft continuing sans Bungie, I think it's because there won't e another shooter like this story arc for a while, with Halo Wars being a RTS

titus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah thanks, I got the headshot honcho achievement today. I also spartan lasered a banshee and got five needler kills. But, how do you do marathon man? I think that I screwed it up, cuz i got all the terminals but it didnt work for some reason. I think that I might not have gone to resume solo game, and thats why.

yeah, i just figured out that you have to wait at the terminal for more words to pop up and whatnot.

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
^And you pretty much have to get all of them in one sitting. Do Easy starting on
The Ark to the beginning of Halo, which is where the last terminal is.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
What would Mario look like in that Halo armor?

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
Buzz: Odd.

titus: I assumed you "Resumed Campaign" unlike I did. ;_; But I got it already. Just need the Spartan Officer achievement.

Also, did E.O.B. aka "Ninja" stuff get taken out of the retail version?

titus

Smash Journeyman
I believe that on gamefaqs they say (they do say this) to unlock the EOD -im not sure if thats a typo- equipment youmust beat tsavo highway, the ark and campaign mode on legendary. i got marathon man too.

@Buzz
he would look dumb?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
E.O.B. apparently stands for Employees of Bungie. -_-'

Pity, it's the only full set of armor that actually looks cool. I got all the achievements today, and now have every piece of armor (except Commando Shoulders for Elites, I've read they're glitchy when it comes to unlocking them, lame), but I've changed my Spartan model back to the original Mark VI full set. I find myself playing as an Elite more though, in which case it's default (Combat) everything except the Assault armor.

Oh and if Bungie and Microsoft do part ways... Seriously, what is Microsoft thinking? They've made $300 million dollars in a week because of a single game.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not sure it'll matter. They probably wouldn't make another Halo, and if they did it we'd be waiting for an extremely long time.

JonnyJinx

Smash Cadet
Just got the Hayabusa Armour (from getting all the skulls). I'm gonna try Legendary with some friends on Saturday. I hope that goes well. =P

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'm not sure it'll matter. They probably wouldn't make another Halo, and if they did it we'd be waiting for an extremely long time.
You don't just drop a franchise that makes you $300 million in a week, Exodus. They've said this is the last Halo in the current story arch, but if you've seen the ending to Halo 3, if you've seen the Bungie commentary that comes with the CE and LE editions of the game, you know there is more Halo coming besides the Peter Jackson project and Halo Wars by Ensemble Studios.

Anyways, it's official, Bungie announced it today on their website, they're now independent. Agreements are in place that will have Microsoft publishing future Halo titles, though, so there won't be much of a change. In the press release Bungie says "You probably won't notice much of a difference in our activity."

They're working on "plenty" of new multiplayer maps for download for Halo 3 right now (Frankie says so in the weekly update today), they're working on the Peter Jackson project, and that's it.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
You don't just drop a franchise that makes you $300 million in a week, Exodus. They've said this is the last Halo in the current story arch, but if you've seen the ending to Halo 3, if you've seen the Bungie commentary that comes with the CE and LE editions of the game, you know there is more Halo coming besides the Peter Jackson project and Halo Wars by Ensemble Studios.
I guess that's where my ignorance steps in, I didn't know that the story wasn't over yet, with all of this talk of 'finishing the fight' I assumed that H3 would compete the story.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
What map did you get it on? Epitaph seems like the map most people actually earn it legit.

All the Elite helmets are ugly. :C

Hayabusa and CQB are so overused.

I actually kind of wish Bungie wouldn't have made helmet permutations.
****ing, King of the gay hill at The Pit(worst map in the world).
This screen is on Epitaph though.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Bungie's leaving will be for the best, for Microsoft and gamers. For one, when they do contract negotations, Bungie will have the clout of selling so many consoles and netting MS so much money. They can push for so much more money, despite there not being a true Halo 4. Secondly, MS can now take the rights of Halo and prevent Bungie from using it to gain them money on other consoles. Finally, the gamers win because Bungie's next game will be their emancipation game. They will have to break the stigma that Halo was the best they can do, and after seeing Stubbs, we are in for a treat.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I beat Halo 3 today(got my 360 yesterday). Man was this a great game. I'll be playing this for years. Edit: I need some help. I just set up a an xbox live (silver) account(Gamertag: JHaas90) and I am trying to redeem the 48 hours free trial that you get when you buy Halo 3, but it's not letting me redeem it. What should I do?

Weed

Smash Lord
I love this game, about halfway through the story on heroic, have to wait until next week when Telus sends me a router so I can play online >_> ****ing mtu.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
I beat Halo 3 today(got my 360 yesterday). Man was this a great game. I'll be playing this for years. Edit: I need some help. I just set up a an xbox live (silver) account(Gamertag: JHaas90) and I am trying to redeem the 48 hours free trial that you get when you buy Halo 3, but it's not letting me redeem it. What should I do?
That redemption is made of fail.... You're better off just shelling out the $$

Anyone ever want to play co-op and skull hunt or go for some achievements just hit me up... I'll give you my tag when you PM me..

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I take back what I said earlier about the online co-op, it's ****ing awesome when you start skull hunting, warthog race on the last level, and just get off track when everyone starts killing each other.

I've got every piece of armor EXCEPT for the helmet you get for getting 1,000 points in the game. I just need to get some obscure online achieves like triple sword kill and other ****, then play through the campaign with the meta-game on.

This is the first game in a long time that has made me put Gears down(even if that's bound to be short lived)

JonnyJinx

Smash Cadet
I take back what I said earlier about the online co-op, it's ****ing awesome when you start skull hunting, warthog race on the last level, and just get off track when everyone starts killing each other.

I've got every piece of armor EXCEPT for the helmet you get for getting 1,000 points in the game. I just need to get some obscure online achieves like triple sword kill and other ****, then play through the campaign with the meta-game on.

This is the first game in a long time that has made me put Gears down(even if that's bound to be short lived)
Since you don't have all the achievements, I assume you don't have the Katana either. It's Hayabusa Body Armour, but with a katana on the back.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/gaming/halo-is-the-future-of-gaming-303156.php

This is pretty cool, some guy brought some footage from the future. Pretty cool.
That. Was. Hysterical.

I'd like to know how they managed to come to the conclusion Halo 1 was released in 2002 though, it was 2001, when the Xbox launched. =\ Hilarious video, though.

oh, matchmaking updates abound.

Big Team Battle was upped to 16 players.
In Lone Wolves Slayer will appear more often.
Shotty Snipers comes up less in Team Slayer.
If Shotty Snipers is vetoed, the second gametype will not be Shotty Snipers.
In One-Sided VIP, the VIP now has a waypoint over his head.

Invincible Fox

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it worked and you just don't know it? When you redeem a 48 trial card your account does not become a Gold account for 48 hours. It only allows you to play games online through Xbox Live. Nothing else.

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
I had the same problem. When I tried to activate the 48 hours trial it wouldn't work, it said it was an invalid code, but I kept checking and had it exactly right, so I just gave up and paid for 3 months.

Top Bottom