• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet
My friend can't pick his copy up til tomorrow, so I'm going over there then. Unfortunately I'm getting my copy in October.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well, I played some Live with my buddies, and it was AMAZING!

But Halo 2 was AMAZING too, and this hardly felt much better.

I guess the improvements must shine through in campaign.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
So, I suck at FPS games... but I am genuinely curious as to how good this game is compared to Halo 2. Is MLG in for a big surprise in terms of hosting freakishly awesome tournaments with a whole new competitive game?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
So, I suck at FPS games... but I am genuinely curious as to how good this game is compared to Halo 2. Is MLG in for a big surprise in terms of hosting freakishly awesome tournaments with a whole new competitive game?
I heard that the multi player is basically the same as Halo 2 with a few new things added, but nothing that makes it significantly different from Halo 2.

The biggest new addition, as far as I can tell, is that you can now play campaign mode with up to 4 players online.

titus

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if you have to beat the campaign mode to unlock all the armour and helmets and whatnot. Also, I'm kinda dissappointed in the multilayer levels so far, I haven't played with my friends yet so I'll see how that plays out (no pun intended).

Red Exodus

Smash Master
They'll probably put up some stuff later in the year, downloadable content, that is. Halo is MS' pride and joy so they're probably going to flesh this one out, since it's the last.

D1

Banned via Administration
I had Halo way before release thx to my job....^_^.

Anyhow my Gamertag is D1x1.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Wow, I was just up all night playing through 4 player co-op, then hours of online, and despite 3 hours of sleep, I feel great..kind of. lol

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
**** i wanted to go online but my friends is all messed up right now. but its still fun playing him since he's really good. i'll play the campaign friday since i'll be spending the night haha.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'd have to say the mechanics are almost identical, it's just they've added things here and there that definitely improve the overall experience. More depth in weapons, grenades, and support objects, sprawling levels, new vehicles,customizable characters, new ranking system, FORGE!!!, and not to mention the graphics and physics are touched up a bit too.(except for the fact that beat downs send you flying like a rocket launcher does).

4 player cooperative campaign mode was a blast with my friends.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Halo 3 worship is for fanboys. Being a smasher is a life style. Halo doesn't have quarter circle DI, and Captain Falcon would just ****ing knee Master Chief in the neck.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
So is 4 player co-op like campaign with 4 people or is it side missions?

I prefer to go through the original missions and I hate when games give you some side mission that is too easy to be any fun.

Salaad

Smash Ace
It's 4 player Co-op and if your teammate dies he just regenerates back instead of everyone having to go back to the last checkpoint. (From what I've heard).

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I don't even own a 360, but being a gamer, to deny that aspect of my life would be a great loss indeed. Like they recently said on CNN Headline news, Tuesday Morning, gaming culture has gained such magnitude that it is almost as big as the cinema. Halo, is like one of those classic movies that everyone should see once.

I would definitely say that being a smasher is a much bigger part of my life than halo is, even though i play it with my friends fairly often.

And C. Falcon wouldn't stop there. Our boy would wobble->shine->knee combo Master Chief in the blink of an eye.

And the arbiter could square off with Mewtwo, seems like a fair fight to me.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
duely noted. The thing I noticed about co-op is that later in the game, if one of you dies, you almost never get to respawn because of the constant engagements with
the flood
. Alot of the time when my friend would die, the only time he'd respawn was when I was like crouched behind a crate or something, and he'd respawn just off the side of the catwalk we were on, so he'd basically be stuck lol.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Halo 3 worship is for fanboys. Being a smasher is a life style. Halo doesn't have quarter circle DI, and Captain Falcon would just ****ing knee Master Chief in the neck.
uh, ok? i never owned an xbox and i've only played halo 2 once or twice but this game is amazing.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Any1 understand after the credits?
I have reason to believe that they're stuck in slipspace. If you read any of the books, you'd know it's happened before (sort of. At least they've been in slipspace). I have reason to believe that we haven't seen the last of Master Chief. Bungie said they weren't done with the universe, but 'Halo' is finished; as in this story arc. The series ends with how it began... our hero in the "hushed casket". Aside from that, what didn't you understand?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I have reason to believe that they're stuck in slipspace. If you read any of the books, you'd know it's happened before (sort of. At least they've been in slipspace). I have reason to believe that we haven't seen the last of Master Chief. Bungie said they weren't done with the universe, but 'Halo' is finished; as in this story arc. The series ends with how it began... our hero in the "hushed casket". Aside from that, what didn't you understand?
I don't know if you read GameInformer , but in the previews section there is mention of "Halo Wars", which is a 1-player real-time strategy(multiplayer TBA). From what I've seen, it's got alot more of the Halo story from the fiction include, and while I'm not as big of a diehard fan of RTS games, it'll still be worth a rental.

[Page 100, Issue 173, September 2007 GameInformer]

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Well, I don't think that's really an addition to the story, I think you just play various missions from the books and games.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I don't know if you read GameInformer , but in the previews section there is mention of "Halo Wars", which is a 1-player real-time strategy(multiplayer TBA). From what I've seen, it's got alot more of the Halo story from the fiction include, and while I'm not as big of a diehard fan of RTS games, it'll still be worth a rental.

[Page 100, Issue 173, September 2007 GameInformer]
It also had a timeline in that issue that showed such things as when John-117 was put into the Spartan-II program (first book, "Fall of Reach"), when the humans made first contact with the covenant, when the war started, etc.

I think Halo wars takes place between the start of the timeline, and probably up to the end of Halo 3.

Well, I don't think that's really an addition to the story, I think you just play various missions from the books and games.
Untrue; It's going to add more to the story, because there's a LOT of stuff that goes on 'behind the scenes' while you're following Master Chief's story. 'Ghosts of Onyx' is a great example of this, and so will 'Contact Harvest', which follows Mstr. Sgt. Johnson's story.

Well that's why I said it's story from the fiction. I haven't ready any though, they good?
They are AWESOME. You can skip 'The Flood', cause it's the first game. I recommend all of the others, 'Fall of Reach', 'First Strike', and 'Ghosts of Onyx'. Great books.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Anyone want spoilers? XD

Master Chief dies. Yup, he does. He wins the war for the humans, but dies after the heroic explosion which he escapes. It doesn't show his death, just when he landed safely back on the ship with the Arbiter. The last sequence is a memorial service for all the dead soldier. There we see a picture of Miranda Keyes, and Master Chief's helmet. The Arbiter is there to attend it, but leaves with the remaining Elites after the service off into space. The end.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't know jack **** about Halo's story, my idiot friend prefers to play retardedly hard/thoughtless SNES and Genesis games [he has a modded box]than to beat Halo and at least let me see the story. Kinda makes me wonder why he even got a xbox if all he's gonna play is that crap -.-

For some reason spoilers don't kill anything for me =/

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm really disapointed with the ending because it didn't make any sense. The same "results" could have happened and I would've been fine, but they way that it worked out was ********. I already returned the game.

Top Bottom