• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Master Chief dies. Yup, he does. He wins the war for the humans, but dies after the heroic explosion which he escapes. It doesn't show his death, just when he landed safely back on the ship with the Arbiter. The last sequence is a memorial service for all the dead soldier. There we see a picture of Miranda Keyes, and Master Chief's helmet. The Arbiter is there to attend it, but leaves with the remaining Elites after the service off into space. The end.
You should have waited til after the credits. Now go beat it again.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
So what? He sits in the *** end of a ship for a few years and the people back home think he's dead? WTF... better than him actually being dead but man, still could have been better...

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So what? He sits in the *** end of a ship for a few years and the people back home think he's dead? WTF... better than him actually being dead but man, still could have been better...
Yeah... but the fight is over. His work is finished. And how could he even try to get home? He's stuck in slipspace with no propulsion units (or any ships that can move for that matter). The thing that sucks, is that the UNSC isn't even out looking for him. :( Maybe the 'Elites' will find him, since they're heavy on the slipspace jumping. I don't think we've seen the last of him though.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Yeah... but the fight is over. His work is finished. And how could he even try to get home? He's stuck in slipspace with no propulsion units (or any ships that can move for that matter). The thing that sucks, is that the UNSC isn't even out looking for him. :( Maybe the 'Elites' will find him, since they're heavy on the slipspace jumping. I don't think we've seen the last of him though.
Fight is not over... he still has x-box live :D

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I never was a fan of the Halo series (I'm a PC-FPS purist; in the PC world, it's nothing special) but I was really interested in the story of this game. Now, that the trilogy is over (assuming it ends at a trilogy) will it upset anyone if they make more games?

I hate when games over stay their welcome and I really hate sequels past the 3rd or 4th part. (They must be all the same arc at that) I just want to know what's the general consensus: would a 4th game be a good addition or a poor one?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I never was a fan of the Halo series (I'm a PC-FPS purist; in the PC world, it's nothing special) but I was really interested in the story of this game. Now, that the trilogy is over (assuming it ends at a trilogy) will it upset anyone if they make more games?

I when games over stay their welcome and I really sequels past the 3rd or 4th part. (They must be all the same arc at that) I just want to know what's the general consensus: would a 4th game be a good addition or a poor one?
From what I've heard, Bungie is working on another game, and have said they aren't done with this universe. However, this does end the 'Halo story arc', if you look at it like a comic book. The Halo Trilogy is finished. I know there will also be other "Halo games", based in or around the time frame of the 3 Halo games, one of which is being worked on by Peter Jackson. The other is Halo Wars.

With the way Halo 3 ended, I wouldn't be upset at all if they made another game based around this universe. It'd be hard to do, but I look forward to it.

I don't know if anything was spoiler worthy in there, but I'm just gonna play it safe.

Crimson King: If you want more story, read the books by Eric Nylund; "The Fall of Reach", "First Strike", and "Ghosts of Onyx" (The Flood wasn't written by Eric, and it was the story of the first game, so unless you haven't played it, I'd avoid reading it). Great books, and they add a lot of background to the Halo universe (hope I phrased that right). :)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
CK I'm more concerned with multiplayer. Sure the story co-op is fun but multiplayer is where it shines. Although I wouldn't want them to make a 4th Halo if it's going to be so similar. H3 is almost too similar for my taste.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
****, I just realized how harder it is to be good at Gears of War than it is Halo. There are already some people who are ranked in the 20s(probably took the whole week off just to play this ****) and even 30s. It's also much easier to get headshots in this because the weapon crossfire follows the enemy you target.

Anyway, the co-op campaign was a let down for me. I'm having more fun searching for skulls and killing my teammates, which is all good, but for such a, "big new addition" to Halo, I was disappointed.

Forge is awesome, I love the ability to fly around the level on the go, spawn with a spartan laser, and wreak havoc with any and every weapon in the game.

Multiplayer is even more addicting than it was in Halo 2, thanks to Forge, equipment, character customization(you can wear the helmet from Halo 1!), and the return of the party system.

In theater, you can watch the last level/match you just played from any angle. Easily one of the best additions to the game, it's a lot of fun watching how my teammates and I react to each other's actions on the fields(such as everyone rushing towards the red X that appears over a teammates fallen body so they can avenge them). On top of that, it also helps me figure out how those *******s on the other team were able play me the way they did.

I liked what I saw at the end of the game.
Most of those **** Halo fans wanted him to die in a blaze of glory, which is just lame and unoriginal. It was much more satisfying to watch him finally get end all the **** that plagued him and reunite with Cortana. Then, when you think he will make it along with the Arbiter, some crazy **** happens and freezes himself for possibly all eternity, probably just to wake up and return to battle. I love it.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I just played a game of team slayer on the Sand Dunes w/ three of my friends against people on live, and it was pretty cool. There were the two elephants, and you were basically just trying to take over the other person's the elephant the whole time while maybe having a sniper nail everyone else.

TigerBlade34

Smash Journeyman
Who has all of the skulls? All 13? And where did you find the 13th one?

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x50/JinJoh/1434636-Full.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x50/JinJoh/1391782-Full.jpg

:p I have. And it's in the level
"The Covenant" where the 7 rings are. What you must do is you have to jump through the rings in a specific order to get the IWHYBD skull. Also, you can't just save and quit after you pick it up, you must finish the level with the skull in your hand. I think halo3planet.com has the order.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878

^^Me at High Ground when I got my ranked FFA running riot achievement:). Also ranked up to Sergeant after that match and unlocked the Halo 1 Helmet:).

The Helmet you see there is the Helljumper Helmet. ODST.

Florida

イーグランツ
The only thing I do in this game is flee in my little orb / spawning tool, it's fun as hell!

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
All right, I'm here to admit that Halo 3 is a good game now that I got a chance to play it. I'm one of those people that was "less than enthusiastic" about the past two games, with the "generic and unoriginal" comments and all that. Halo 3, however, seems to have added enough diversity/creativity to the weapon and equipment options this time around. It could be that my friends just haven't memorized all the levels yet (aka, know where to go to snipe the whole match) but the time I spent playing it last night was fairly enjoyable.

The normal matches wer fun, but the best part was when we modified some of the settings. 300% movement, 50 or 75% gravity, increased damage, and Gravity Hammers and Beam Swords only turned out to be a helluva fun mode to play. Especially when we turned on the MC Hammer music in the background (though with how crazy it was, we pulled out some ScoobyDoo as well).

I still don't really care for Halo 1 or 2 (dislike 2 more than 1, though haven't played either in awhile), but I will admit that Halo 3 is a pretty good game.

Anywho, seeya online when Brawl comes out.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Hello.

I'm a lieutenant grade 2 on Live. Yes, I have nothing better to do with my time than play Halo 3. I played through campaign on Heroic in a single sitting, which took me 7 and a half hours. I've collected every skull, even the skull that does absolutely nothing on "Cortana" that's in the room with the three generators (and if you consider that spoilers, I say no to you). I've had a blast with Forge, making Rocket Race variants on Last Resort, Valhalla and Sandtrap, which are by far the most fun I've had yet with Halo 3. Me and 9 friends played a game of 5 team Rocket Race on Valhalla... and holy crap, we were all laughing hysterically, so much **** fun.

The campaign was great. The only level I didn't like was "Cortana" because of those
****ing Flood that sit on the walls and shoot continuous Carbine shots at you
. But other than that, the Campaign never had a low point. I loved the ending, and to all of you who skipped past the credits, especially after Halo 2 had something after the credits, you're ********. I want to slap everyone I see who says "
Master Chief died! I can't believe it!
".

Shotty Snipers is by far the worst gametype ever. I can't believe it made a return after being vetoed so much in the beta. Bungie really needs to remove it from Team Slayer and BTB and create the Team Snipers playlist again.

Speaking of multiplayer, Sandtrap is by far my favorite map. I love tearing people up in the Chopper, or of course, driving the Warthog while my buddies kill everybody with the chaingun. I have 103 total "Wheel Man" medals (ranked and social combined). Like Halo 2, I find the non-ranked playlists to be more fun, as everyone is more laid back and not all in your face.

Team chat is confusing. In ranked playlists you can always talk, even when you're dead without pushing a button, yet in social playlists, sometimes you have to push the d-pad to talk and can only talk while you're alive... but sometimes it's like the ranked matches where you don't have to push the d-pad and can just be as chatty as you want.

Infection is a lot of fun. I made a Forge variant of Epitaph where the humans get two shotguns, a flamethrower, some 'nades (wtf at no firebomb grenades on any multiplayer maps by default btw), two tripmines, two smgs and two pistols. They never respawn. Make good use of ammo, and hope all those barricades I made hold the zombies back, but watch the grav lift, they can come up that and get you from behind. (Humans are situated by wear the bubble shield spawns).

Guys. Add me and let's play some custom games. Or matchmaking. Whatever you please.

Gamertag is Cashedtastic.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, I know what you're saying. I played a "hammers only" match then a "swords only" match consecutively on matchmaking yesterday. It was fun for a bit, but all the wacky gametypes can be frustrating when you want to play competitively. There's just so much random stuff.

I hate to make the comparison, but it's like items in smash. Fun, sure. But it can be frustrating. Nevertheless, I'd love to play some games no matter what they are.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Pokeballs only on very high appearance ftw.

Have you tried Rocket Race yet AltF4? If not, you'll have to hop into one of my matches sometime. Well, even if I'm not playing Rocket Race you will, I just went ahead and added you. Custom games of course will include FFA and Team Slayer (default weapons), Rocket Race, Hammertime KOTH (Teams, to make for funny betrayals), Infection, and maybe some CTF and SWAT!

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Im bjdavis69 on live (420 was taken, had to think of next immature number), and im strugglin with halo 3. Im lieutenant, but im not that good (my room mates play a lot of social games when im not around, so my profile has a ton of game son it). Im fairly indifferent to this game, better than Halo 2, but STILL not like Halo 1. Multi-player maps still feel confined (minus a couple levels), and it is still the run and gun of Halo 2. I like the new weapons and what not, but all I have really noticed in the multiplayer is that you should run around in a large group, spraying every direction with AR fire and grenades, grabbing the RL on your way. That was a cruel trick they played with the pistol too. Looks the same as the first one, but thats it. No three shot kill, fires too slow, and of course no zoom.

And yes, I hate shotty snipers as well, depending upon the map. I think that Im going to go home, download xbconnect, find my old copy of Halo 1, and play that online, IMO there is still not much of a comparison between Halo 3 and the first one. The are completely different games, and im really just indifferent about Halo 3 (slightly disappointed, but not too bad).

Anyways, after all of the rambling, I just wanted to make the point that its fine with me that I dont love Halo 3 because it is really just there to tide me over until Dec. 3rd....

titus

Smash Journeyman
Hello.

I'm a lieutenant grade 2 on Live. Yes, I have nothing better to do with my time than play Halo 3. I played through campaign on Heroic in a single sitting, which took me 7 and a half hours. I've collected every skull, even the skull that does absolutely nothing on "Cortana" that's in the room with the three generators (and if you consider that spoilers, I say no to you). I've had a blast with Forge, making Rocket Race variants on Last Resort, Valhalla and Sandtrap, which are by far the most fun I've had yet with Halo 3. Me and 9 friends played a game of 5 team Rocket Race on Valhalla... and holy crap, we were all laughing hysterically, so much **** fun.

The campaign was great. The only level I didn't like was "Cortana" because of those
****ing Flood that sit on the walls and shoot continuous Carbine shots at you
. But other than that, the Campaign never had a low point. I loved the ending, and to all of you who skipped past the credits, especially after Halo 2 had something after the credits, you're ********. I want to slap everyone I see who says "
Master Chief died! I can't believe it!
".

Shotty Snipers is by far the worst gametype ever. I can't believe it made a return after being vetoed so much in the beta. Bungie really needs to remove it from Team Slayer and BTB and create the Team Snipers playlist again.

Speaking of multiplayer, Sandtrap is by far my favorite map. I love tearing people up in the Chopper, or of course, driving the Warthog while my buddies kill everybody with the chaingun. I have 103 total "Wheel Man" medals (ranked and social combined). Like Halo 2, I find the non-ranked playlists to be more fun, as everyone is more laid back and not all in your face.

Team chat is confusing. In ranked playlists you can always talk, even when you're dead without pushing a button, yet in social playlists, sometimes you have to push the d-pad to talk and can only talk while you're alive... but sometimes it's like the ranked matches where you don't have to push the d-pad and can just be as chatty as you want.

Infection is a lot of fun. I made a Forge variant of Epitaph where the humans get two shotguns, a flamethrower, some 'nades (wtf at no firebomb grenades on any multiplayer maps by default btw), two tripmines, two smgs and two pistols. They never respawn. Make good use of ammo, and hope all those barricades I made hold the zombies back, but watch the grav lift, they can come up that and get you from behind. (Humans are situated by wear the bubble shield spawns).

Guys. Add me and let's play some custom games. Or matchmaking. Whatever you please.

Gamertag is Cashedtastic.
Master Chief does not die.
I also found those **** carbine flood guys annoying. Man, I have too beat the game 4 times for all the achievements I want(Normal/Heroic/Legendary Campaign Completion/Meta-game Achievements). Yeah, it's going to be lots of fun.

titus

Smash Journeyman
Woah, I did not know that. Well, I want to do the metagame stuff on normal mode, but I already beat the normal campaign mode, and im doing heroic atm, so I might as well finish it, but thanks for telling me.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
If you play the meta game on Normal, make sure you have quite a few skulls on so your score can get high enough to net the achievements. I played through Tsavo Highway with Famine, Cowbell, Grunt Birthday Party and erm... the one that gets rid of your radar, don't recall the name of it at the moment. Finished with over 72,000 points on Normal. XD Famine was made for co-op, where if one player dies you have to go to the last checkpoint like Halo 2's legendary. If you turn it on by yourself, you can't die through the entire level. If you do, you restart at the very beginning and your score is wiped as well. Finishing Tsavo Highway with all those skulls gave me a huuuuge multiplier though. Bungie says that the meta game is made so you can play on heroic and when you complete the level you should be just under the score you're supposed to get, so you need a skull or two on.

Hayabusa armor is so noobtastic, too. I was wearing it after I unlocked all the pieces until I found out it was such a noob magnet (at least once a game you get "OMFG HOW DO YOU GET THAT? IT'S SO COOL!). Out with that, in with E.V.A. (even though with the huge orange visor you're yelling "HEY! SEE MY HEAD? LOL, SHOOT IT!"), Mark VI, Mark V (coupled with E.O.D. armor like Zero Beat is using) and the default Elite skin. I believe it's called Combat. The E.O.D. helmet is super ugly, too.

titus, why did you tell me
Master Chief doesn't die?
I nearly stated that in my post saying I wanted to slap everyone who says the opposite because they're too ****ing lazy to watch the cutscene after the credits. "OMG GAME IS OVER, MASH A TO GET THROUGH CREDITS." One of my friends finished the game last night and texted me immediately after. I asked him if he watched through the credits and he replied "No?" to which I started calling him names for being so lazy as to not watch 5 minutes of names to see the freaking ending.

Zero Beat, did you do Legendary on co-op or by yourself? For the most part I found Heroic easy enough by myself, there were just a few parts that I got stuck on for awhile. I pretty much ran through "Cortana" because I ran out of AR ammo so early on and killed the necessary enemies with the Swords you find throughout the level. Besides Cortana, I remember getting stuck at the beginning of the last level because there were so many **** enemies, but that's really it.

Oh, and that Scarab battle on the Ark where you fight two at once. I decided to take the freaking Hornet instead of staying in my Scorpion, which was the worst idea ever and every time I died I just tried it again. The problem is that once you take down the first one, which is super easy, just land on it and hit its *** with a few rounds, I couldn't get onto the second one, the Marines in the Warthogs had died, the tanks were no where to be seen and I had an Assault Rifle and Gravity Hammer, I believe. *sigh*

And there's rumors flying around that Microsoft is letting Bungie go but getting the rights to the Halo franchise. Major wtf if they do let Bungie go.

titus

Smash Journeyman
oh, my bad, i just read that spoiler and was like, NO. i see that comment about the heroic meta-game too, i might just do that, since im playing heroic right now and am only on the ark level. yeah, the A masher, i did that the first time i beat the game by accident, i was like Fudge!!!!!!!! so i beat the last level again for fun, and then i was watching a video b4 the credits and i pressed A and it skipped the credits too. so, once again, i was fudgin' pissed off. after that i went on youtube and watched it.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Oh yeah Cashed, what about The Covenant(In Legendary by yourself)? Remember when
the flood go on your side and you have to fight along side
them in that TIGHT bridge?! Dude omg I died so much there, it was nearly impossible!

Two spec ops grunts firing with perfect aim with unlimited ammo from the ****ing FRG. Around 8 ranger brutes with carbines, and 5-7 Teal ranked brutes running around with spikers.

Dude that was not fun, it was frustration at its finest. And oh my god, Cortana on Legendary by yourself is like, prepare to dedicate 1-3 hours on a single mission. I did Cortana Co Op...I kept getting pissed off at how impossible it was to come up with an encounter against the flood at times. Maybe I gave up too faST, but **** it, my cousin wanted to do co op anyway so I gave me pride a goodbye for that time.

So far, I have 960 achiievements. 45/49.

Caught these three fellows trying to camp behind the red base at Vahalla(or blue base? The one without the beach on its back). All three got massively...violated.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Edited your spoilers there, Zero Beat.

Oh, and Overkill in Lone Wolves is pretty ridiculous. There's only 5 freaking people in the match, Bungie is assuming that you're going to run into EVERY other person in the match in one area and emerged victorious. :| 8 people, plz.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Edited your spoilers there, Zero Beat.

Oh, and Overkill in Lone Wolves is pretty ridiculous. There's only 5 freaking people in the match, Bungie is assuming that you're going to run into EVERY other person in the match in one area and emerged victorious. :| 8 people, plz.
Dude get the F out with that, I agree. That **** is like, does not require SKILL at all! It is all about an ABSURD amount of CHANCE and LUCK!!!

I did a king of the hill and all I could get were double kills, because there were only two people fighting while others respawned somewhere else. Quite frustrating. Oh and please, do not get me started on the Spartan Laser; 2 for 1.

Add me ****it!
GT : xZero Beatx

titus

Smash Journeyman
I am curious about this achievement:
"Headshot Honcho (5) Kill 10 enemies with headshots in a ranked free for all playlist or in campaign."

I think that I have done this already but I do not have the achievement. Do the shots have to be in a row? In a certain amount of time within eachother? Done by a certain weapon? Against a certain enemy? Because there is no way I havent dont ten headshots in one campaign level. Almost every single time i kill tbose grunts its with a headshot using a battle rifle.

Top Bottom