• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

PaperDream

Smash Apprentice
I'm more of a casual Halo player, I'm not that great at it, but I'm getting better.

If anyone wants to play with me send me a PM here or on XBOX Live (my gamertag is PaperDream there too). I really like the Zombie/Infection mode, and I like a lot of the new features they added to help enhance Zombie/Infection (you can change the Zombie settings, Shield Vampirism, etc), of course Forge mode helps too, and then once more maps are released playing Zombie on those will be fun (and forging them)....

Yeah, I really like the Zombie mode. I like other modes too, it's just, those are the ones that always get played...

So yeah, contact me, I'd love to party up!

oldmankungfu

Smash Journeyman
In a house... in Miami,Fl Close to MD South Campus
I played the first two levels coop on normal with my cuzin and i got to say...cortana is anoying(?) she pops out of nowhere with these message. "this will be your tomb" HA!! Master Chief or the Arbiter will never die. If you finished the game don't tell me if they die or not. but other than that i got to say it's freaking awesome as heaven

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Hayabusa anything = Noobtacular. :p

Mark V ftw.

Nice of Bungie to finally come out and say "Hey, you can't have the coolest armor in the game. It's for us only."
I think that's not it. It'll probably be allowed to us later on. It's just stupid to say, "hey look at me, I got THE COOLEST SHOULDERS, a badass ninja Helmet, and you don't."

Like I have said though, I am happy with my all knowing Marathon visor. With that huge visor, I get a 720 FoV and I have auto lock on with the sniper.

Marathon helmet is the all knowing visor.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I dont think
M.C. Dies but that lady he likes who got Kidnap did OWNAGE!.
i might get halo 3 for christmas. woot SKULLS!

Haruka's DNA

Smash Cadet
(AltF4 still clutching to his 1000th post)

I'd really like a relatively steady couple of guys to team with on a consistent basis. Do matchmaking, MLG customs, or whatever. It would be good to have some mature players who are willing to stop and discuss strategy and stick to them. I'm sick of going into team slayer with random people. Even if the people you're put in with don't suck (they can actually aim) they just wind up running around trying to pad their own scores and bring the whole team down.

Send me an invite or message or whatever. Thanks!

Gt: AltF4Warrior

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
bjdavis69

On a seperate note, my roommates play a decent amount under my profile (social games, not ranked matches) and I just realized that my experience is pretty freakin bad for how many games have been played on my profile (largely due to both my room mates, and teaming up with friends who suck). I know that in the end it doesnt matter, but it is slightly embarassing to have less EXP than someone, and about 100 more games played, oops. Finally, does anyone else think that the melee lunge is entirely too long (ESPECIALLY with sword)? I will be backing away from some dude with sword, thinking I played it perfectly, and bam, he has lunged 10 feet, and im dead.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
I enjoy playing this game a lot, its just a **** shame i dont own an xbox 360. I still find myself hitting x to reload and I'm sad that bxr is gone.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
You're sad a glitch is gone? Wow.

And yes Masahiro, the Mauler is broken in the eyes of many people.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
lol i love it.

but its a little too strong.

i mean i can take out sword noobs left and right when it comes down to corners.

JadenStryfe

Smash Rookie
I love Halo 3. I beat that sucker on Legendary the first day it came out and am a lvl 44 in TS and a lvl 42 in team doubles at the moment. Also a colonel. I have 419xp out of like 539 games played so far. (had some drunken games played, 23 yrs old so I can do that lol.) Also, I pimp the Hyabusa armor. I have been playing Halo since the first one and love it. Good stuff. I enjoy the heck out of that game. Favorite FPS. Smash is my favorite fighter. So when Brawl drops I am going to be torn at what to play. =(..........=P

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Please. Tell me it wasn't satisfying to punch someone away and shoot them in the face in one fluid motion.
As it was and still is considered cheating by Bungie, it was not satisfying.

What Halo 3 really needs are more small and large maps. You've got a few small maps, like Guardian and erm... I don't know what else you could classify as small, maybe Epitaph, but most of the maps seem medium sized. Construct is pretty large for a fairly close quarters-only map, Isolation is fairly large (when it was made it be about the size of Midship, but Midship was one of those maps were you would spawn and instantly be shot at it was so small). Then large maps. You've got Valhalla, Sandtrap (which so much of is unused in games it seems) and if you're feeling considerate, Last Resort. I didn't feel that it was needed in Halo 2, since Halo 2 had a healthy portion of large maps, but Sidewinder needs to make a return. Coagulation or Blood Gulch need to come back, too. Sure, Valhalla is the spiritual successor to them, but it doesn't feel the same as they did. Valhalla is much more hilly and it's not too often you play on the edges of the map, where in Blood Gulch and Coagulation you had to if you didn't have a vehicle. I miss those maps, and being a mostly BTB player, I want to play on more than just 3 maps.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I got live 2 days ago and I'm level 15. If anyone wants to add me my gamertag is Salaad. Is grenade jumping usefull? I'm trying to get better at halo xD

D1

Banned via Administration
If anyone wants to add me I'm D1x1 we could have a royal time on live maybe we could party up ^_^.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
Ok since cashed is being mean and didn't allow me to make my own thread which made sense because i wanna talk about the competitive side of halo 3, I'll try to update this list and keep posting it from time to time (kind of the point of having a separate thread)

IF YOU HAVE AN XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT AND WOULD LIKE TO SHARE YOU GAMER TAG PLEASE POST IT

here's the list so far:

smashboards username - XBox live gamer tag

Bjdavis420 - Bjdavis69
D1 - D1x1
Haruka's DNA - AltF4warrior
MASAHIROx - goofyWHITEboy88
oldmankungfu - oldmankungfu
PaperDream - PaperDream
Salaad - Salaad
The Witch King - AC31T0

WHO DID I MISS THAT WANTS TO BA ADDED?

AltF4 - good **** a couple days ago...sorry that we're all kind of ghetto LOL MAD NADES YO! MAD NADES!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Anybody playing the Living Dead playlist today? My 360 was broke, but I wanted to participate so badly that I did the towel trick on my 360, and amazingly enough, it works (about 1 out of 10 times :p). Anyways, Infection is a lot of fun, and what better gametype to play on Halloween?

D1

Banned via Administration
I'm probably gonna sign on in like 15 minutes and stay on till er 5amish.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Bah, just got my Commander today.

Lvl 41 so far. Not too shabby for not having my own 360 lol.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
I have a few questions:
1. Does anyone know exactly how the skill levels work. Im at 42, and it is taking FOREVER for me to level up. It took forever to go from 39-40, then i immediately went up to 41 and 42, now its taking a while. I understand that when you lose, it takes longer to level up, but i won 4 games in a row when i first got to 42, and still didnt level up (and i think i only had 1 maybe two previous losses at 42). So im just wondering if there is a ratio of how many games you have to win each time you lose or whatever, and also does it take more consecutive wins to level up as you go higher (how many?).

2. This is a question on QUITTING. Now i hate quitting, and normally dont do it (most of my quits come from when I play the game hammered, and dont know what im doing) but lets say that you have won 5 games in a row, still havent leveled up (skill) and you are pretty sure that one more win will do it. Would u want to quit if you were going to lose in this situation, b/c I know it penalizes EXP, but does it also reset your win count in terms of skill?

3. This isnt a question, more just a complaint: I REALLY wish the game would take into consideration if you get MVP and are on the losing team, i mean come on Bungie. If you get the most kills out of anyone, then obviously you are playing people at either your skill or below (the WHOLE point of having skill levels), so you should NOT drop a skill point, and the game should recognize this. Also, the game should take into consideration when someone quits because this usually gives you a huge disadvantage, especially on team objective.

Thanks

Edit: Last Question: Does the game take into consideration how well you do on your team, or just the fact that you won/loss?

Also, if you are playing a team with much higher skill than your own, and you get MVP on your team (being the lowest ranked) does that count for more than if you are the highest ranked peron on your team, and come in last place, but still win?

For as much as I play the game, I sure dont know much...

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
My Gamertag: Leobenmc
I usually accept all friend requests - can't wait to play you all!
Oh, and if you're wondering:
Fav Map: The Pit
Fav Weapon: Mauler
Commander Grade 1.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yes, the Smashboards Connected thread has a bunch of gamertags. It's very unorganized though because it's so old and there's no way I'm going through the entire thing to make it organized.

Gamertags are scattered throughout this thread too.

bjdavis - I played a Team Slayer match with my friend who is a level 31 in Team Slayer, while I'm only a 13 (I stopped playing ranked matches a few days after the game came out). Everyone in the match was level 26 except for me and my friend. Our team lost, but I did the best on our team and also earned MVP for the match. What do I get for that? -1 level, down to 12. -_-

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the ranking system is definetly a little off, but still pretty good, i guess. I was just wondering b/c my buddy leveled up two numbers after he did great in one match (lowest ranked). Also, I have been playing with guys I teamed up with, and they would go up 2 skill points before I was able to go up 1. Oh well

Top Bottom