• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm a lvl 32 right now... but I can't find the will to do lone wolves matches. The gametypes all suck except for one or two. Ball and KotH are both just completely random because it starts you with grenades. Starting grenades + ffa KotH or Ball = fail.

So any mature players willing to make and execute strategies (and maybe even play on a semi-regular basis) :
Tag= AltF4Warrior

Omg. After getting sick of a lone wolf game or two I took a break by going into social multi-team battle. Long story short: I went +41. Poor kids never saw it coming. I'm gonna put it in my file x-change.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I've added all but xZero Beatx so far...if you've accepted my Friend Request - immediately go to my File Share and look at my 2 Suicide vids...My friends have all LOLled for hours.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, you too. Totally.

I like to play with people who are better than me as often as I can, because It helps you improve. But as a result, I've developed a very defensive playstyle. I quite frequently have the fewest kills on a team, but still go positive. I would certainly call myself a support player.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm like that Alt. The other day I was playing Halo 2 and I knew the other guys were better than me so I went on the defensive and supported my teammates. I have yet to play Halo 3 =/

Salaad

Smash Ace
I need some help..often times I find myself stuck in a 2 v 1 situation. I don't know how to escape this because I'm trying to get with my teamates but they won't listen. =/

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Wow, i freakin hate construct now. I liked it for a while, but lately I have just been getting worked on it. I think that I run around by myself a little too much on it, b/c I always find myself in atleast a 2v1.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Wow, i freakin hate construct now. I liked it for a while, but lately I have just been getting worked on it. I think that I run around by myself a little too much on it, b/c I always find myself in atleast a 2v1.
Yesterday night, I had an amazing Construct streak with some players I partied up with on Team Slayer - as long as you have the co-ordination with your teammates, you should do fine :D
For 2 v 1s in General, Switch to Plasma/Spike Grenades and hope to take one of them out - tis the only choice you have. But ultimately, make sure to use your radar - lead with the grenade, lower a shield or two...then BR HS!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
People are still on the whole "Elites are at a disadvantage!" thing from Halo 2. Playing as an Elite is fun and the hitbox is the same as the Spartan model, so you're at no disadvantage.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are the hitboxes the same, cashed? The Elite totally looks like he'd be bigger. I dunno. I wish we had a Halo 3 Action Replay.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The hit boxes are the same. It's mentioned in the making of stuff or something. There are actually places you can shoot an elite and it doesn't hurt them.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
The hit boxes are the same. It's mentioned in the making of stuff or something. There are actually places you can shoot an elite and it doesn't hurt them.
My roommate's girlfriend plays as an Elite, and it's horribly painful for me to try and get a headshot. :shrug: I dunno. I'll figure it out.

I agree though. There is a lack of Elite's online.

Be on the look out on my fileshare for a new Zombie map and varient. :-D Zombie is my favorite gametype, I swear.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Zombie looks ****ing awesome, it looks like I'm really missing out.

How many maps does Halo have anyway.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Zombie looks ****ing awesome, it looks like I'm really missing out.

How many maps does Halo have anyway.
11 currently, with 3 more on the way as the first wave of downloadable content. That might be 2 as DLC in the first wave, Bungie's said that one of the maps is taking a bit longer than they would've though. If they treat Halo 3 anything like Halo 2, there should be over 20 maps by summer, though I'd guess before that, as the first Halo 2 DLC didn't come out till like, February or something and it's speculated that we may get these maps at the end of this month.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Faced my first General (& General Grade 2) on Team Slayer today...
I feel Violated... :(
Kinda like how I feel...

I'm a Sgt. grade 3, and a friend of mine is a Major. In a one on one match yesterday, he beat me 25-9, my loss.

Granted, in a one on one, I refuse to use power ups, and he did. Which is cool. I like to challenge myself. :)

Still... the violating... >_>

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
a little late posting here, but my buddies and i were first in line for the midnight launch. I beat the game over the next week, and i honestly loved the story. the multiplayer is great as always, and I have played through the story about 4 times now. it's really a must have if you own a 360

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Bwhaha, anybody read the Weekly Update from today? ROCKET RACE MATCHMAKING PLAYLIST! YES! My 360 needs to come home, NAO.

And once again, "DLC IS IMMINENT!"

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Here’s the list (remember these changes aren’t live right this very moment, but they will be early next week):

Social Doubles has been removed from matchmaking Noooo, I loved Social Doubles!

Rocket Race Hopper has been added to the Social hopper – 8 players, join in parties of up to 8 players. Yes! It's about time, more people need to know about this gametype!

Multi-team:

* Hammerzeit game variant has been added Hammers...meh
* The frequency of VIP gametypes has been reduced Good.
* Swords gametypes will now be to 25 kills, rather than 50 Great.

Lone Wolves:

* Player count has been increased to 6 players Hmm, we'll see how this works out...
* Swords gametype has been addeThat'll make things more interesting
* Oddball games on Snowbound and Epitaph have been reduced considerably Thank F**K! I was getting sick of it!

Team Slayer:

* Guardian has been added to the playlist Urgh...my friends will be pleased, I'm not a Guardian fan
* Valhalla has been added to Team Slayer Could be good, fighting over that Spartan Laser

Social Skirmish

* Flag gametypes will now appear more regularly Flag = the ONLY good Skirmish mode

Rumble Pit

* Added both Construct and Isolation to several gametypes Construct is always good.

Oh, and Heatmaps are a pretty cool addition - shows how much I like to stay indoors on High Ground.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
leo is a ****ing beast
saalad is also a ****ing beast

*pound* @ smash community players being mad chill

we all deff need to party up. make a clan of some sort

you guys ****in rock.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Hey leobenMC, sorry that I have not been able to play. I threw my mic and broke it, oops, but plan on getting a new one in the next couple of days. I dont like partying up with people that I cant talk to for obvious reasons. Also, my roommates are on my name a lot of the time, so if you dont get a response, thats why. We will definetly play soon though.
On a different note, I just made brigadier today, pretty happy about that, but I have not been doing great lately in Team Slayer. Im amazed that the difference between 47-49 players (Im 45) and 43-45 players, its really a BIG difference a lot of the time.
I like team slayer, but man, if you do not have 4 guys working well together, you can get WORKED if you play a team with good coordination. Its so freakin aggravating when you have guys that just run in and die, with absolutely NO coordination, and they usually get 10 kills and 15 deaths, and then complain that you only had 7 kills, when you only had 7-8 deaths...annoying.
I definetly try to be that guy with not many deaths, but a lot of the time it ends up with not having as many kills as others...plus I might be slightly overrated at 45 (I can admit it), but when I drop down to 44, I usually do really well against the 41-43 players, and level back up.
Oh well, mainly just playing Halo until Brawl comes out. I hate that they pushed it back, but its kinda nice because it was going to come out during exam week, and that means i was going to fail my exams.

Weed

Smash Lord
I'm the best Halo player on the planet, prove me wrong!

This game got old for me fast, due to the game's representation of skill, the less you have, the more you kill!

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Personally I love it when I play Brigadiers or something like that because I know they just play a lot of games.

They get owned.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I like team slayer, but man, if you do not have 4 guys working well together, you can get WORKED if you play a team with good coordination. Its so freakin aggravating when you have guys that just run in and die, with absolutely NO coordination, and they usually get 10 kills and 15 deaths, and then complain that you only had 7 kills, when you only had 7-8 deaths...annoying.
I definetly try to be that guy with not many deaths, but a lot of the time it ends up with not having as many kills as others..
That's always my ultimate goal - to not let the team down in my Kill Death ratio i.e. the points I contribute vs the points I lose. With the teams I work well with, it doesn't matter about whether you didn't kill the guy, just stay alive! If your shield's going down, jump off the edge in Construct, go up the lift in Guardian, or if you have no grenades, lead them into the open! One of us will pick him off! I completely agree with your first statement too, numbers don't mean much if they don't work on the same wavelength as you. And no rush about playing together - it'll happen eventually :D

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
If I was to attempt to host Zombie matches on a semi weekly basis, would you guys be interested?

I'm limited in my map choices (and it wouldn't be just Zombie), but I can't play on the halo servers (comcast is a D-bag, and won't let me half the time. :(), but I want more people to play with. I figure you guys have all gotta be all right. :D I've played with Cashed (when your box comes back, let me know), but no one else yet.

Anyone game?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I enjoy Zombies from time to time, I'd enjoy it. We could even discuss the rules in here prior to the game lobby too, say which maps you'll be hosting and what time.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I love Infection Games of all types! My favourite atm is CreepingDeath - the "Humans" Radars make everything INCREDIBLY Tense! I'm also partial to that Shark/Jaws Variant, as well as Creeping Rockets on a good map. I'd definitely participate!
Also, Salaad, MASAHIROX - great games today! Salaad knows some great guys - that Blue Room match was INSANE!

Top Bottom