• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
To anyone who's interested:

Tonight, I intend to attempt (internet depending... -_-) to host a slew of custom games.

The agenda includes:

Slayer (DUH!)
Team Slayer
Infection (Infection games Galore!!)
Grenade ball (oddball w/grenades only)
Pit of Despair (a map for you grenade enthusiasts(?))
SWAT
CTF
Assualt

And maybe some more

The maps that are available for this evening (box and internet depending):

High Ground (WooT!)
Epitaph
Guardian
Sandtrap
Last Resort
Snowbound

The box available to me tends to refuse to read the disc (or will freeze) at certain times. With this warning in mind, I'd like to extend this disclaimer:

If for some reason I drop, I will attempt to return post haste, and re invite you all. I apologize in advance.

Just send me a friend request, or see if I'm on later tonight. :)

~O D I N

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
werd ill be on i think

i have a bruised rib which means i cant do **** anywayyy...cept be a bum

oy yea

goofywhiteboy88

is my gamertag

invite me

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Okay... so last night didn't really work well...

Salaad, Goofy: It was fun while it attempted to last. ;) My plan is to attempt to get a new router (cause we have a really low end POS router from Comcast). Hopefully, that will solve some problems.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Halo 3 isn't Halo....it's nothing but a disappointment.

You'd know that if you played Halo 1 and 2 before with frequency.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I played with Zero Beat before, him and his friends are BEASTS. One of his friends went like +42 in BTB

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Halo 3 isn't Halo....it's nothing but a disappointment.

You'd know that if you played Halo 1 and 2 before with frequency.
Hmm, interesting statement. I would agree with you if you said that Halo 2 and 3 arent Halo because the nerfing of the pistol coupled with the addition of dual wielding weapons changes the game around completely. I was never much of a fan of halo 2, but I really enjoy playing Halo 3, still not as much as the first one, but oh well. The only thing that really bothers me about Halo 3 is the melee system. Besides that, I think that overall its a good game, and they improved on many of the aspects of Halo 2 that I didnt like.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
All right!

So last arranged meeting failed in epic failure of failing internet (though I got to play with goofy. ;))

Here's the plan!

Tomorrow, after work, at about 5:30-6pm central; My buddy and I will be online with a new varient for Foundry called....

DODGEBALL!!

Throwing it out there for those interested. :)

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
New levels are pretty sweet. I dont like the 6v6 thought, especially on foundry, because it just becomes a huge AR fest. Does anyone know when they will incorporate them into ranked/social game types?
BTW i freakin blow at Guardian.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
It already is in ranked and social. That DLC room is just for people that want to play ONLY the DLC maps.
I dont think it is because not everyone has downloaded the new maps, and some people might not ever because you have to pay. You could be right though, I just havent played a new map in anything except for DLC.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Still not up to 50...Thought i was going to get up to 47 today, but lost 2 in a row 49-50, then was MVP twice, but we lost both of those too. Very frustrating.
On another note, im only like a 12 or so in Doubles. Is anyone here really good at doubles, and want to party up to rank up? I dont have a mic at the minute (broke my third one, ****it) but when i get a new one I am definetly down to do some work on doubles.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
GG's, Cashed. Lol at your friends giving you crap for moding the boards.

Bjdavis, I've hardly played doubles. I could use to rank in it. Are we on each other's fl's already? lol! I can't remember.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
AltF4Warrior- my name is bjdavis69, not sure if we are on each other's list or not. Im not gonna lie, i have played doubles a little bit, and its a lot different than TS, so...not sure how great I will be at it, but im sure that we can certainly rank up fairly well. I still have to get another headset b/c doubles without being able to talk would be impossible.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yes, everyone using the Pistol is so much fun.

Anyways, AltF4, you were great to play with and I'm extremely happy you got to see how frustrated my friend can get playing Halo. Sometimes he asplodes from frustration, and of course, every time he dies it's "bull****!" Granted, it does feel that way in Halo 3 with so many deaths being melees where you hit the other person first but they counter melee you, which means you went into the melee when he had more health than you, which means you die. God. What a terrible melee system. :|

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, pistols in the first one was a lot of fun, but im really starting to like halo 3. I hated the second one, but Im getting use to the third. I like team BRs personally, gives you chance when you spawn to kill people at a distance, vs only having AR. The melee system is pretty stupid, have to agree.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Still not up to 50...Thought i was going to get up to 47 today, but lost 2 in a row 49-50, then was MVP twice, but we lost both of those too. Very frustrating.
On another note, im only like a 12 or so in Doubles. Is anyone here really good at doubles, and want to party up to rank up? I dont have a mic at the minute (broke my third one, ****it) but when i get a new one I am definetly down to do some work on doubles.
i'm good at doubles, you can add me if you want. GT is same as name.

i have a really sweat lockout remake on foundry. weapons and layout is the same, but your on the honor system to either kill your self, or attemp a grenade jumpto get back on if you fall. anyone want to play?

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'd love to see it. I've seen some TERRIBLE remakes on Foundry. One guy on Bnet said he had a very accurate remake of Ivory Tower. I hated Ivory Tower (by Halo 2 standards, I'd love it in Halo 3), but I downloaded it and fired it up. What. The. Hell. There was a top sort of area with the sniper still, alright... but it was only one box high. I would've put that as high as I possibly could. Then down in the area where there were original a couple palm trees and the rocket ammo... there was the sword... It was just a fission mailed remake.

I have a very good remake of Wizard, a hilariously terrible remake of Midship, a pretty good remake of Foundation (sans rooms) and a couple original maps.

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry about what I'm going to say and i will get flamed (probably) anyway...

I thin that all the Halo games are overrated, yes i said it, but i will give reasons. I think this because I think there are better shooters out there. Also i think most of it's success come down to Microsoft hype like this guy saying it will be game of the decade and bad mouthing everything to do with a PS3 and Wii (can't remember the site sorry), aswell game sites just see the word halo and automatically it's a 9, heck i could make a game called Halo pong and it will get 9.6. Also my friend has it and when four of us are round i usually stop playing after 2 matches simply because this is how it works:

Race for good gun/sword - that guy owns for while

And then i suggest playing a fun game like Melee lol where we can do 99 stock super sudden death while staying over for the night have a pizza or something (bit of drink aswell ya'know lol) and pee ourselves laughing right to the end unlike Halo which just starts fights with my sad friend making sad rules like 'no assassinating or rockets'
Also online all i get is "Lol i did your mom" "NOOOOOOOOB" "OMG you glicthed HACKZZZZZ"
The single player is also incredibly dull in my opinion. I do like the bubble shield though.

I will admit the graphics are top notch.

I hope i don't get flamed as Im just trying to start a friendly discussion.

bored

Smash Ace

I thin that all the Halo games are overrated, yes i said it, but i will give reasons. I think this because I think there are better shooters out there. Also i think most of it's success come down to Microsoft hype like this guy saying it will be game of the decade and bad mouthing everything to do with a PS3 and Wii (can't remember the site sorry), aswell game sites just see the word halo and automatically it's a 9, heck i could make a game called Halo pong and it will get 9.6. Also my friend has it and when four of us are round i usually stop playing after 2 matches simply because this is how it works:

And then i suggest playing a fun game like Melee lol where we can do 99 stock super sudden death while staying over for the night have a pizza or something (bit of drink aswell ya'know lol) and pee ourselves laughing right to the end unlike Halo which just starts fights with my sad friend making sad rules like 'no assassinating or rockets'
Also online all i get is "Lol i did your mom" "NOOOOOOOOB" "OMG you glicthed HACKZZZZZ"
The single player is also incredibly dull in my opinion. I do like the bubble shield though.

Maybe you didn't approach it with an open mind. At first I didn't really like Halo because I thought it was just a regular FPS, that is until I started playing online. To be honest, a 99 stock super sudden death match doesn't seem very fun.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru

99 stock sudden deaths are not fun and take no skill. the reason halo is so popular is becaause there where hardly any good fps during.

like bored said you dont approach games with aan open match just probably nintendo games.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's best about halo is that it does nothing wrong to ruin the game. Solid is the best word I can use to describe it. Halo 3 doesn't have the best graphics out, Gears of War has better. It doesn't have the best single player, many others can claim that.

But halo just does everything right, it has no weakpoint that just winds up ruining it. Every time I play another fps, there's always something that makes me say "Ahhh, the way Halo does this is much better"

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I'm a bit late to the party. But why do so much people hate Halo?

Anyway, its a great game and came out better than I expected it to. But unfortunately there are games out there that are better than it so I don't play Halo as much.

(Can't play it at all due to the fact of THIS)

*Mumbles* Anyway, I love what they did and the items thing like the bubble shield etc. came out better than I thought. I thought they would be overpowered. But its pretty balanced on how they are designed.

-Onyx

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
99 stock sudden deaths are not fun and take no skill. the reason halo is so popular is becaause there where hardly any good fps during.

like bored said you dont approach games with aan open match just probably nintendo games.
No im not a nintendo fan-boy, im a pc type of guy and i did aproach it with an open mind after hearing all the 'amazing' reviews but i felt let down halo 1 was good i'll admit that but 2 and 3 sucked big time and if i want a good fps i'll use my pc

And btw i play games for fun and i dont need skill to do that i dont do competative gaming, but while im on about skill you dont need it on halo you just to learn the weapon spawns

BTW i took your points onboard and can see why people like the series but to me 3 is just a better looking version of 1 with the same gameplay when i was expecting better

P.S. im not trying to argue just saying my opions so please dont assume im a fan-boy or un open minded and yes 99 s.m. may not be fun to you but me and all my friends have great memories from them and only play them when we're staying in my friends for the night

Also i hope i haven't offended anyone if i have sorry

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see it. I've seen some TERRIBLE remakes on Foundry. One guy on Bnet said he had a very accurate remake of Ivory Tower. I hated Ivory Tower (by Halo 2 standards, I'd love it in Halo 3), but I downloaded it and fired it up. What. The. Hell. There was a top sort of area with the sniper still, alright... but it was only one box high. I would've put that as high as I possibly could. Then down in the area where there were original a couple palm trees and the rocket ammo... there was the sword... It was just a mission failed remake.

I have a very good remake of Wizard, a hilariously terrible remake of Midship, a pretty good remake of Foundation (sans rooms) and a couple original maps.
maby we can play sometime. i'll be completly busy until thursday with exams but i'm free after that.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I had a blast playing last night with Alt. We played some of my ridiculous custom matches with about 8-10 people.

"Floaters", which is 300% speed and 50% gravity and infinite ammo, because it's so **** hard to get a kill. We played the match on Isolation, which started out with everyone screaming "oh my god!" in their mics (I didn't tell anybody what Floaters was before it started :p) and then with Alt immediately assassinating me. I feel so lame when I'm the first death. About 5 minutes in, the leading score was about 8 kills. I hope that tells you how difficult it is to get a kill. I whored the Rocket Launcher for awhile gaining the lead, but Alt's friend managed to kill me with the Assault Rifle and took my Rockets. He pulled ahead, but I went right back after him to reclaim my rockets. During this, I ran into Alt again a few times. Once he was bull running people with the shotgun, once he was running backwards from me and sniped me right in the face, which I still can't believe he did at 300% speed.

Another gametype we tried out was "Splazers". As the name implies, it's Spartan Lasers only. We played on Sandtrap, which turned into red beams surveying the map until finding a target, charging up and unleashing hell. It's pretty intense when you have a 5 second stare down with somebody who is charging their laser at you while you're charging yours at them. I ended up getting a killing spree somehow and died immediately afterwards. Alt's friend ended up winning the match, despite joining in the middle of it.

Alt, it's too bad you left when you did. We went into Social Slayer and got Rockets on The Pit. I got 17 kills, 0 deaths. Perfection!... in a rockets gametype...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That sounds pretty cool, I have enough money for a xbox but I can't buy one [my parents would freak, I got a Wii last month] and I plan to buy a guitar so there goes my Xbox money.

I played Halo the other day, it was fun even though it was only with 5 people, I don't really see what's to hate about Halo it's hype was well deserved.

Top Bottom