• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

smashman90

Smash Lord
I haven't gotten a chance yet to test out my new customs map. It's called Bumper Cars, where you play in Foundry and there are 4 choppers in the arena. You and 3 other people must get in the choppers and try to ram each other to death. You aren't allowed to use the chopper's turrets, and the only weapon you have is the plasma pistol(to disable and hijack somebody else's vehicle). Also, I have fusion coils and propane tanks scattered throughout the field(that way you can trick people into charging at them).

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i was playing halo at my friend's house yesterday and then another friend logged onto rakion (?) and started to lag the **** out of us, so we got wrecked pretty badly since our shots were always at least 2 seconds behind (50-17).
last resort team slayer is definitely my favorite mode. its just assault rifle>melee for all my kills.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I just played my first real long session of Halo 3 this week.

I have been Spartan Laser'd, beat down, I have mistaken Shield drainers for shield regenerators, sworded, sniped, ran over, and headshotted.

I friggin' love this game :)

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
And btw i play games for fun and i dont need skill to do that i dont do competative gaming, but while im on about skill you dont need it on halo you just to learn the weapon spawns
sry, i just couldn't resist saying this, but... then why and how are you on the SWF forums if you don't need skill nor competitive gaming?

:chuckle::laugh::dizzy::psycho:

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ohh, that sounds too good Cashed! Rocket perfection? I got my perfection game already though in social: 25-0 on snowbound. The other team was so bad, haha! I gotta get one in ranked now.

I really gotta bring my rank up. I feel like such a noob. I have mid 30 skill in a bunch of types but that's it. My friend Kinneson, you, me and somebody else should do some team slayer or hardcore sometime.

But yea, those wacky gametypes are really fun too. :p

EDIT: Oh, hey. Tomorrow's a holiday, so I'll probably be on tonight and tomorrow a bunch.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I really gotta bring my rank up. I feel like such a noob. I have mid 30 skill in a bunch of types but that's it. My friend Kinneson, you, me and somebody else should do some team slayer or hardcore sometime.

EDIT: Oh, hey. Tomorrow's a holiday, so I'll probably be on tonight and tomorrow a bunch.
I've got a friend that's good that'd be up for it. He's gotta head back to college in the afternoon tomorrow though, but we're planning on playing from like 9am (Pacific) till he has to leave. I know what you mean too, I cannot seem to break through 38 in Team Slayer. I'll win 3 matches in a row and not rank up, then lose 1 and delevel to 37. :|

And I absolutely despise Hardcore because of no motion sensor, which I absolutely prey on while normally playing Halo.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like the no radar. You can actually sneak up on people, and it forces teams to have coordination and communication.

But I'll be up to play in the morning. That should be 10am Az time.

courte

Smash Lord
what is it called when you make a show-off video of halo?? can you really call it a combo video?? theres not much "Combo" about bullets... i know there's game glitches and certain weapons to go together but...
Halo Combo Video just sounds odd to me

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
They just call them montages, courte.

Masahiro: yea, totally. I'm on right now if you want to. Cashed and his friend should be on soon... At least I think...

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Masahiro ditched us, guys. :C In seriousness though, hope your flu isn't so severe it kept you from being able to play Halo. Get well soon and play with me and Alt!

Tonight was the most fun I've had with Halo 3 in Matchmaking since it released. Alt, my friend Kyle and myself played Team Objective for... about four hours? We usually got a gimpy teammate because we were a group of three, but man, when we didn't get a fourth teammate, we rocked house. Except this Multi Flag CTF game on Isolation that was over in like, three minutes... we were up against a General, a Brigadier and some other dude. General was boss with the BR and Brute Shot. We had a couple games that felt like they were going to be loses but we ended up pulling through, a Multi Flag CTF match on Narrows comes to mind. Up against another General, Bird and some other dude, they got our flag immediately and scored it. We managed to get the flag as well, tying it up at 1. I took the low road to their base and grabbed active camo and proceeded to crouch walk towards their flag. Now, I swear active camo never works for me in Halo 3, but this time it worked amazingly. Three of their guys walk right by me. As soon as they're off my motion sensor I start running towards the flag, grab it and book it back to our base running into no resistance. Our third capture was hilarious, about three deaths from the team on its way to the score point. Someone being rocketed, me being Battle Rifled after our gimpy fourth teammate came around a corner I was heading to and proceeded to butt skulls with me for about five seconds. He picked up the flag and walked two more feet to the score point. :C

In other news; Halo 3 was not the most played game on Live last week. Call of Duty 4 took the crown. Hopefully Bungie realizes people are moving on from Halo 3 due to its brokenness (Spell check says that's a word, omg!) and something clicks, like, "Whoa, we need to hurry up with the freaking auto update and next set of maps... and get them out at a more reasonable price than the last map pack!"

Oh and one last thing. Alt is scary. I was playing Mass Effect earlier and decided to pop in Halo to play with one of my friends. Blip. AltF4Warrior is online. This happened as Halo 3 was booting up. Weeeiiird.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good times, Cashed. I'll probably be on tomorrow night. Some more objective would be awesome. Especially if we could get a competent 4th guy, lol.

blazer: AltF4Warrior is the tag. I don't want to give others out in case they don't want them to be.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Sounds good. My buddy never got on tonight when he told me he was going to. =\ I ended up messing around with Forge on Foundry and some other levels, took a few screenshots and just flew around levels. Spotted some Battle Rifles on Isolation I'd never seen before, woo.

blazer, if you play with Alt, I'll likely hop in to play with you guys. I'll send you a friend request then.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I played Halo again the other day and it was great, if I didn't get a Wii for christmas I would have actually considered using the money I have saved up to buy a 360.

I have to say, matches with 12 people are insane. It seems incredibly easy to steal kills though, maybe I'm just a kill thief, or maybe I actually got better at the game.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
ok i haven't played in a while...

lets do it alt

whenever is good with me

the flu is gone.

OH and i got a noob account....sadSOJA

but ill play on my usual: goofyWHITEboy88

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Tonight was one of those "Matchmaking is super boring" nights for me. Played a couple custom games though, that was a lot of fun. We had a 16 player match going on on Snowbound. It actually worked fairly well, wouldn't mind seeing Snowbound and other medium-sized stages in BTB for Slayer.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
halo hates me. there's some kind of conspiracy to keep me from leveling up. My skill in Team Slayer has been 35 for the longest time now. I played 5 games of Team Slayer (just with random partners) and I won them all, going positive too. One game was +11.

But no skill increase. What's more, I'm like WAY better than all the other guys at skill 35. They're still just a bunch of assault rifle noobs at that level. I just BR them to death. The only way I die is if I get bum rushed by a pack of 3 AR spraying noobs. The fact that that is a viable strategy is frustrating.

Anyway, I really want to do some Team Hardcore. My friend Kinnison (D4rk_Sh3ik on the boards) is good and he'll play. We need another one or two to play.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
lol i got over kill and extermination in the same game but it was in team slayer so i didnt get the achievement.

how gay is that.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I've had all the achievements since about a week after the game released. I still sport the Mark V helmet with EVA shoulders and Mark VI body armor. I hate the katana. Anything Hayabusa related, I hate.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
ugh just got back form a halo torney

3 and out.

at least we didnt get last.

one player on my team went -10 every game

=(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I can has rec0n arm0r?

Oh and Bungie is finally gonna fix Halo 3's ghey melee system, read the article here:

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13233

If you're too lazy to read, I'll summarize it in one short sentence...

"Whoever does more damage wins if both people melee at the same time, instead of whoever had more health (shields)"

w00t! I'm so happy because I've been the victim of so many melee gimps!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It's so irritating to hear them talk and talk and talk about the **** auto update. Release the freaking thing already. If they're currently preparing to ship the thing to Microsoft for certification... we'll likely have it in... about two more weeks. Eugh. And then the DLC, which they didn't mention anything new about in this week's update except OK Corral getting more texture work and Cottonball getting ominous towers in the background... I'd like dates for both of those, dammit.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Omg. Is the matchmaking broken again or something? I played 7 games two days ago and lost them all. I was just playing with random partners.

Each game had me with guys with only yellow stripes against teams of brigadiers and generals. It was total BS.

In addition, I got shotty snipers 4 times in a row. Wtf?!

I'm going to start only playing Halo if I can team with people I know. It's just too frustrating otherwise. So if you see me online, but playing another game like Mass Effect: just send me an invite. I'm really just waiting to play.

Top Bottom