• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Half Life: Full Life Consequences Mafia - Game Over - Who Won?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@Xonar
I like EE for now and I don't think that question or stance from him means much. I don't like the game going at super speeds either all the time.

Do you think that EE would want a game at a slower pace considering alignment? Which one?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Soups insistence of letting everyone see Xonar's thing is a gambit rather than letting em go with his flow; I mean it's not like there was any HARM in it, and I can't see Soup thinking we'd get a lynch in this early so O.o... Oh and Laundry's point about I wouldn't do X because of Y game.
Considering where your vote is, talk to me a bit more about this. The obvious Werekill thing is obvious, but this read is much more intriguing to me. Where do you see Soup trying to enforce that it's a gambit into everyone else?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Dude Soup is town, really.

Pressure on him isn't cool anymore, it's done. We'll wait for more players and Werekill's replacement.

Lynching Werekill is good already, it gets me some solid connections/reads on basically everyone here.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I know, I see it too. It's the obnoxiously town Soup like GS3 had, but I'm not questioning his alignment right now.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: I'm not ready for a Werekill lynch. While his play is grody as ****, I at least want to give his replacement a fair shake. Stew's gonna have to come in guns blazing for me to want to lynch someone else more though.

#HBC | ѕoup

Actually I was way more composed in G3S and I've been on a bit of a spur here, I'm trying to slow down though because if I could I'd be at like 100 posts already.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
EBWOP the sequel: And it only gives connections to about 6 players at most. That's only half the roster. :glare:
We're letting more people post, obviously. I've touched upon this before, don't act like I called for a Werekill lynch right now.

Besides, 6 at most with 5 pages in is quite solid.

#HBC | ѕoup

You know what, I might as well.

I like washed
I like Xonar
I like EE
I (kinda) like JM
Werekill is grimy
I don't like gorf

Going to sit on this, if ya got a question about it, ask me.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Jim, what is Washed in terms of alignment? Only 5 pages, so not a lot of trouble to pull up quotes. Do a PostbyPost if you need.
Busy re-reading, will let you know.
You know what, I might as well.

I like washed
I like Xonar
I like EE
I (kinda) like JM
Werekill is grimy
I don't like gorf

Going to sit on this, if ya got a question about it, ask me.
What about gorf? Why dislike?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Votecount 1.4 - With 13 alive it take 7 to lynch!

Xonar [1] - Jim Morrison
Soup [1] - JTB
Werekill [4] - Evil Eye, WL, Soup, Xonar
Kantrip [0]
JTB [0]
WashedLaundry [0]
Jim Morrison [1] - Gorf
Ryker [0]
Evil Eye [0]
J [0]
DtJ Glyphmoney [0]
Gorf [0]
marshy [0]

Not Voting [6] - Werekill, Kantrip, Ryker, J, Glyph, marshy

Deadline has been set for March 10th @ 11:59PM EST

Contacting Sold2 for replacement.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Jim, what is Washed in terms of alignment? Only 5 pages, so not a lot of trouble to pull up quotes. Do a PostbyPost if you need.
What I like from Washed play is the way he didn't feel the need to get very involved with me. He kept an objective view from a distance and constantly kept telling us his thoughts, something I can definitely appreciate.

The fact that he did put a lot more pressure on Werekill is what really makes me like him all the more, because he keeps both an objective eye, but also tries to dig deeper.

Overall, WL is a town lean.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
No, none of it is about being personal or anything like that.

I simply realized that Mafia is a game about competitively shouting down everyone based on completely "feeling" based impressions. It's also about being a **** when people don't agree with you.

Look at this situation for example. If Xonar hadn't have blown off my post, then I wouldn't be in this situation. I would have moved on, and everything would have been cool.

Is that the problem, though? No. I just dislike the fact that arguing in mafia is like bashing my head against the wall.

"YOU'RE DOING THIS, AND IT'S SCUMMY!"

"But it isn't scummy, as shown by (reasonable arguement here)"

"I DON'T CARE IT'S SCUMMY!"

"But it isn't scummy, as shown by (another rebuttal)"

"I DON'T CARE IT'S SCUMMY!"

And so on. The problem is extremely worsened when you have a "leader" like Gorf in U'Trickd who everyone goes along with without providing much reasoning. His reasons might be faulty, but once a wagon gets going, you might as well get ready to die.

Besides all that, I'm just tired of mafia in general. It gets me all worked up over nothing, and there's no real reasoning behind anyone's actions until a cop reveals results. Until then, all it is is gut feelings, and if you don't have the same feelings that everyone else does, you're screwed.

So yeah. I just don't think mafia is the game for me. If other people like it, that's fine. I mean, I HAVE had a couple good games, but it isn't worth it.

Edit: Oh, and throw in all the insults that are constantly slung at you.

Oh, and I also HATE how people disregard posts entirely if it doesn't agree with them.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Werekill is being genuine here (I really hope so), so I'm not going to stick with me thinking that he's scum replacing out.
This doesn't take away that Werekill initially got on the defense while no one was even remotely looking at him. That is still telling for his slot.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Two pages in an hour. Mother of God.

aight then I guess it's time for competent rajam mode.

Jimbo said:
What is your opinion on the whole Xonar and me, thing, EE?
My opinion is that I've been poking you with every stick I can find to get my own gauge on your behavior, because I absolutely do agree that you gave off a deer in headlights vibe and I expect better constitution from you after all this time, esp against RVS pressure. Xonar's not going to be someone I get my read on D1. He's a tapestry guy. Big picture. So I'm letting him do his thing and watchin' the both of ya.

I also flatly disagree that Zonie wouldn't be in hot water if he delivered us an instantaneous fiasco of a D1 lynch. I don't think of him as up to the scorching spotlight that would put upon hismelf. And that's all you get. Are you gonna stick with Scumnar, or are you going to give us more? More things are happening than you/xonar and I am not letting this bottleneck right out of the gate. Help me make that not happen. What initiatives you use for as much are your call.

Werekill said:
I actually don't see anything wrong with him defending himself. Do you?
not the same thing not the same thing not the same thing not the same thing

This is one of those aforementioned Stupid Things.

Laundry said:
I don't like his post where he voted Bronar, I thought it cited a lot of thoroughly subjective information and the OMGUS at the end of it just capped off the griminess.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The subjectivity-based accusations were bad but a vote doesn't "cap off" anything. As either alignment that's where that post was leading.

You're giving me mixed signals. Where's your head at?

Zonie said:
So you're town? Good to hear. Don't know if I buy it, I'll consider such a fine product, for sure.
Whoa now brombre, I don't kiss on the first date. At least walk me to the door before you try to put your grabby hands all over my sculpted buttocks!

Sagenod was to Laundry voting Werekill because it was both a good move and lacked his overly liquid stance styling re: Jimbo

I am, however, super town. Just check these pecs, man. GWADYOUUUUMBA

Just about caught up. I know about the replacement (of all damn things -- from Werekill IMing me as soon as I got home to say he quits mafia forever, then saying "No, its ok, I won't talk about that game" after I replied "I don't think we can be having this conversation". Despite that saying what he does was, y'know, clearly talking about it. Reeeeeeaaaaaaal ****in classy.)

I'd like to hold back until more newcomers post, but I will say that I think there is a damn strong chance of Werekill being scum and would love to illustrate why with my little Pocketbook of Stupid Werekill Moments. It's ready to launch whenever this town can handle the muscles.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I also flatly disagree that Zonie wouldn't be in hot water if he delivered us an instantaneous fiasco of a D1 lynch. I don't think of him as up to the scorching spotlight that would put upon hismelf. And that's all you get. Are you gonna stick with Scumnar, or are you going to give us more? More things are happening than you/xonar and I am not letting this bottleneck right out of the gate. Help me make that not happen. What initiatives you use for as much are your call.
Help me understand what you mean with the bolded part, in a literal sense, because I'd rather you clear it up than me misinterpret it.
After that, I'll do my best to help you on it.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Sometimes a Dayphase gets blown on an altercation that devours almost everything else, to the point where everything falls by the wayside and the game might even get to a point where it can't progress unless one of the two dies. It turns the Day from a web of investigations into a bottleneck, a narrow tunnel. Insert other analogy here. I'm telling you to chip in against this possibility by looking outside of you/zonie for other avenues.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Ooooh, and aside from Werekill where I'm leaning scum because of how he started off the game? Because me/Xonar and Werekill seem to be two directions.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EE said:
You're giving me mixed signals. Where's your head at?
At that time, I wasn't sure. I've seen situations like this many times before. There was a guy on AiB that used to walk into games with RVS wagons on him and flip out all the time. He rarely, if ever, flipped scum despite this. He just came in, got incredibly reactionary and defensive, and did what he could because he viewed the lynch and the wagon as unfair. I see a lot of those same tendencies in Morrison right now, but there have been posts I dislike as well, so I wasn't sure what I felt. That's why I asked you about his skill level, and even after getting your post, I still wasn't sure how to gauge him.

Now, I'm willing to let him lie. He's null-town for me, as he's actually producing now that he's gotten the chance to clear his head and do a little legwork without three people breathing down his neck. I still don't like his Xonar vote and I'd like for him to talk a bit more than he has, but I find Werekill and Gorf higher priorities at the moment.

I also really wanna hear from Ryker.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Jimbo said:
Ooooh, and aside from Werekill where I'm leaning scum because of how he started off the game? Because me/Xonar and Werekill seem to be two directions.
Well. Yeah. But I want to see you doing things, not just sayin' things, dig?

@Wash: Aight. We good.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Really? So does everyone. I'm a pretty ****ing busy guy.

What's so important that I need to be heavily involved with the first five pages of the game? Because I'm thinking of skipping it.
For the reasons that EE said. Likewise, I wanna get my read on you out of the way. I seem to be the only one capable of reading sufficiently before D3. Can't do that without input from you though, so make time for this game too dammit.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
@EE and Mod: Actually, if I had not had to eat then leave for band practice, you would have seen that I was going to talk about my interactions with Circus in Bebop and use that to talk about my dislike of the mechanics of mafia. No this game discussion was going to happen.

Would you be ok with me talking to you, ee, if I use that?

Edit: just making sure it's clear that no rules were broken.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Not really because you have zero bearing on your own human fallibility and rose-goggle yourself into martyrdom and sainthood at literally every opportunity, so it's going to be a pretty shoddy analysis that was going to have every reason for bias in the first place (as a self-meta defence against callouts in THIS GAME).

Replace out or don't. Stop playing hokeypokey based on whether you feel like owning up to your play at a given moment.

Kantrip

Kantplay
John FreeKantrip had to go faster like the speed of sound and got there fast because GordonXonar needed him where he was.

But yeah this thread exploded while I was at school so let me read up brb

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@Laundry

Xonar your argument is counter-active, you think as scum I would put myself so loosely if you were actually cop? No, I would be more likely to vote him without hesistation so I didn't leave any trails.

"Some guy claimed cop in RVS"
"SOUNDS LEGIT"
Yeah EE I dunno what I thinking as I made that sentence, I always was bad at math.

It's not even really about Xonar, it's just the pure context, how everything is going on and how he is playing off of it, I thought the way I'm responding would make it clear as to how I felt, but I guess not.

I don't think Xonar is actually cop, and i'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree with me. The intentions are one thing to talk about but the only true intentions I could see Xonar doing this is to bust RVS across the head and to formulate some weird process into a read on JM.

That being said, I don't know what to think of JM, really, I thought him self-voting was really telling he was being passive about it, and how he was answering questions, but now it seems he's getting on the defensive, as he just voted Xonar.
Yea when I read these I thought they were a lot more, like, "Guys seriously this is a gambit why are you still buying into it..." and not, "Yo I don't necessarily get why you're doing this shiz?" Former was my original thought, but now that I look it over I see it's obv the latter.

Unvote

As far as the Werekill scenario goes, I still don't like the scummy things about what she did. Everything previously stated, well, happened regardless of emotions being in effect. The whole quitting thing, nah that's null idgaf about that, we'll have Stew to read and see how he fills his slot. But I'm still finding that slot pre' scummy just from the survivalistic and overly defensive take that Werekill had on it.

Xonar seems town to me for now, he's made his intentions with his posts pretty clear to me, and I can dig getting us out of RVS. Laundry's just one of those guys I don't see as scum almost ever (G3S lol) in D1, and this game is the same. Good content flow, good scumhunting. Swell guy. EE's cool, Soup's pretty cool too. Jim Morisson I don't really have a HUGE ISSUE with, but I don't like the... indifferent tone he's taking on the game. Like when EE had to force an opinion out of em as far as Xonar's shiz or something like that, when he voted Xonar. He's done a fair amount of beating around the bush when it comes to taking a stance... Hey you can call em null leaning scum, but I'd rather observe than pressure em for now, if that makes sense (and then he's gonna ask me about my read or explain or something and then I'll end up pressuring :glare:). Nobody else has posted/made a lasting opinion on me.

So hey guys, how ya doin?

Top Bottom